• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG man... that was a real tough first quarter, but you stayed in it. I have to game plan for that Kwame boy though, he is gonna be a problem.

Fifty

Konex you should shoot more 3's with Arenas! He's money from downtown and you only took 2 with him, compared to 0/5 from Duhon. I'm ashamed that Malley's previously boring offense managed to outscore my Fun N Gun Mavs.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Konex you should shoot more 3's with Arenas! He's money from downtown and you only took 2 with him, compared to 0/5 from Duhon. I'm ashamed that Malley's previously boring offense managed to outscore my Fun N Gun Mavs.
Damnit, man! Don't give him advice before he plays me! :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:

Arenas had quite a few shots dropping, he got his realease down, he just needs to run some specific plays for Arenas and he will be dropping 30 in no time with him.

As for me going out of character with the boring offense, I moved Miles to the starting lineup, and he has been speaking out against malleyball... we will see what happens...

Oops Fifty sorry I didn't get on afterwards to say congrats...I ended up going back to the Wii line. Sucked it up, Target had 15 and I was #15 :D

Anyways, I need to learn how to defend and rebound.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
Oops Fifty sorry I didn't get on afterwards to say congrats...I ended up going back to the Wii line. Sucked it up, Target had 15 and I was #15 :D

Anyways, I need to learn how to defend and rebound.
Hey i'm inquiring about Rasual Butler. Anything you need?

DCX

Fifty

pheeniks said:

Nice!

And by no means do I expect congrats after a blowout win. I'd have probably been sulking in that situation. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Arenas had quite a few shots dropping, he got his realease down, he just needs to run some specific plays for Arenas and he will be dropping 30 in no time with him.

That's the fatal flaw in my game. I don't usually force plays with one guy. Even when I had Kobe, he was leading the team in assists :lol I just get it to the open guy >_<

AkaBalla

Jobber! No wonder why you never get any trades in.

Al Harrington

Marquis Daniels

for

Peja Stoj

Rasual Butler

????

Dam LMAO:lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
AkaBalla said:
Jobber! No wonder why you never get any trades in.

Al Harrington

Marquis Daniels

for

Peja Stoj

Rasual Butler

????

Dam LMAO:lol

**** it.

Thanks Konex.

Game over. Failure total. Managed to blow a 15 point lead... Pheeniks shut me down. Billups and Hamilton let me down :(

jobber

Truelize said:
Jobber can you play tonight?

yeah...I got scrwed out of my ticket for the WWE PPV so just let me know when you want to play.

jobber

2094.jpg

watch out Bron!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well that was the biggest jerkstore game I've ever played on GAF. Wow.

I don't know if it's cool to be taking 37 shots with one player, or if just consistently going to the same guy all game is cool. But when you are up 29 I think it's not freakin cool to be going to the same guy and shooting threes and doing whatever you can to rub it in.

I'm gonna try and just forget this game ever happened. Cause Jobber maybe you want the scoring title and maybe that's all you were doing. But when you are up almost 30 points and have seen that there is NO WAY I can stop Jackson maybe the cool thing to do would be to not go to him so often. Just a thought. I don't know.

I don't know what you do that makes the game so incredibly unplayable for me though, honestly. I have a decent rebounding team but getting outrebounded 29 to 12 in the first half is baffling. Being outrebounded 12 to 1 for offensive rebounds in the same half is boggling.

Ah well.

jobber

actually Jackson stops himself. He could go 12/12 then go 1/70 the rest of the game. I've seen it happen -_-

Everytime I checked on his fatigue it was around 83-82 which is odd cause every other player was in their mid 70's. When I DID take Jackson out in the 2nd, you were staring to make a comeback and when I called for someone to replace him in the 4th, it wasn't a stoppage of play for a while.

I'm trying to take a mediocre player to MVP status and show you people *points* that I don't need a good team to win.
you shouldn't talk trash about him in the first place :p

This might be the only game that I've got outscored in the paint and still won by a blowout.

edit: i also i had a bit of anger to get out so i zoned out sometime in the 3rd and played like I was playing the CPU. I Apologize.

edit 2: can i trade J O now :(

someone offer me a PG rated 81 or better and I'll make it worth your wild...

Fifty

jobber said:
I'm trying to take a mediocre player to MVP status and show you people *points* that I don't need a good team to win.
you shouldn't talk trash about him in the first place :p

You really shouldn't shoot that much with any one player. It's one thing to use someone like Arenas, because in real life he is their team, but Stephen Jackson? We're playing sim here. 8 shots for Jermaine and 37 for Jackson is lame and you should know better.

and if you're up by 29 you certainly shouldn't keep pounding it in with the same guy. If it's that bad a blowout, put your backups in. It's not officially a rule, but have some class about it.

jobber

Fifty said:
You really shouldn't shoot that much with any one player. It's one thing to use Kobe, because in real life he is their team, but Stephen Jackson? We're playing sim here. 8 shots for Jermaine and 37 for Jackson is lame and you should know better.

that's the way I play man but in the case of the Pacers, I can not trust J O in the paint. He's a good defender yes, but when I post up, he has 0 moves unlike Duncan. I need a second option and with O'Neal getting doubled in the paint, it was either throw it up or kick it out. If chucked a bunch of 3's yes, I could be blamed and I should, but I was hitting mid range jumpers left and right. In fact, JAX f/g% was over or around 50% at the start of the 4th but I had subs in the whole 4th AND like I said before, I called for a sub for JAX, but it wasn't a stoppage in play for a good 4 minutes. I was getting O Boards all over the place and instead of taking it back up, I kicked it out so it wasn't like I was trying to pour it on. Again, if my playing style has offended you, tis ok. :)

jobber

Malleymal said:
I wish Jobber would try that dumb shi* with me... chump

Oh you'll get some Steve JAX love.

It's only been 1 bad shooting game for Jax the whole season and that was vs. Wade. Oh yeah, Allen was playing D vs. Jackson for the 1st half and we all know Allen can play D. A little crossover and pull = swish.

What's going on with DaddyZ? I haven't seen him post in here in quite a while and he didn't play his last game...

If you see this Z let me know when you can play.

jobber

Malleymal said:
talk that trash in the lobby chump

Edit: matter of fact I will until our season game...

I'm looking forward to exposing the big hole in your D once again and by time I play you, I will have a better feel for my players :)

1 last thing about the Steve JAX matter. If can score 29ppg and shoot 47% with a player rated 79, imagine what I could do with a money player like Kobe, T-Mac, or Dirk. Everyone was crying, including myself, last season that we couldn't hit mid-range jumpers and now 90% of the time when I do shoot with JAX, it's either right inside the 3 point arc or right outside the paint. If I happen to get to the lane, I try to do a pull up fade away but then the games gives me a funky layup animation -_-

If I actually took time last week and got use to the new shooting animations in practice mode, I could've beat Orlando easy. Remember, I was down 20+ points in the 3rd and brought it back within a couple of points near the end.

Maybe next season I'll use the Hawks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
If I actually took time last week and got use to the new shooting animations in practice mode, I could've beat Orlando easy. Remember, I was down 20+ points in the 3rd and brought it back within a couple of points near the end.

Yea like I knew how to shoot with orlando,a team I never used before :lol Jobs is all talk,I recall beating you with the Rockets over your mighty Spurs aswell!

WHOOOOOO

My schedule has been insane...

Fifty and his amazing Mavs
Malley and his own team he has down
Aka with Yao and T-mac

and up next a nice helping of Shaq and Wade.

jobber

Matrix said:
Yea like I knew how to shoot with orlando,a team I never used before :lol Jobs is all talk,I recall beating you with the Rockets over your mighty Spurs aswell!

I still don't know what happened to me in that game. Whenever Duncan is ice cold, I use someone else to score but no one else could :(

and you looked pretty good with Orlando, but you just stopped playing D in the 2nd half :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit ever since I stopped playing d in that 2nd half ive stopped playing D in my last 3 games :lol :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
that's the way I play man but in the case of the Pacers, I can not trust J O in the paint. He's a good defender yes, but when I post up, he has 0 moves unlike Duncan. I need a second option and with O'Neal getting doubled in the paint, it was either throw it up or kick it out. If chucked a bunch of 3's yes, I could be blamed and I should, but I was hitting mid range jumpers left and right. In fact, JAX f/g% was over or around 50% at the start of the 4th but I had subs in the whole 4th AND like I said before, I called for a sub for JAX, but it wasn't a stoppage in play for a good 4 minutes. I was getting O Boards all over the place and instead of taking it back up, I kicked it out so it wasn't like I was trying to pour it on. Again, if my playing style has offended you, tis ok. :)

Hey I can respect the shot chart too. The offensive rebounds were stupid. And yes once I took Ray off of Jackson (not Jax, my gosh the dude should be in jail - or playing for Portland) I did a bit better against him. But the mercy rule should have kicked in somewhere in the 3rd. I call BS about you forgetting or mistakenly using Jackson too much, you would make two or three passes and sometimes give it to him two or three times in a possession until he had a nice open shot.

But Jackson is a perfect example of what is wrong with this game, he is a lower rated player but because Jobber knows his release he can drop 40 with him. It's just baffling.

I think I might have gotten to a spot with this game where I just think too much, but I can't help it. It's frustrating playing online.

I knew the game was gonna be tough when I was down 16-0 and you already had 4 offensive boards at that time.

Any way we could get the offensive rebounds turned down a notch again?? It's really sad having two defensive guys boxing out only to have Jamal Tinsley jump in there and grab an offensive board. So sad.

* Jobber you had more points in the paint than me too man. You take away all my fast break points and you've got more than me.

Fifty

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
I'm looking forward to exposing the big hole in your D once again and by time I play you, I will have a better feel for my players :)

1 last thing about the Steve JAX matter. If can score 29ppg and shoot 47% with a player rated 79, imagine what I could do with a money player like Kobe, T-Mac, or Dirk. Everyone was crying, including myself, last season that we couldn't hit mid-range jumpers and now 90% of the time when I do shoot with JAX, it's either right inside the 3 point arc or right outside the paint. If I happen to get to the lane, I try to do a pull up fade away but then the games gives me a funky layup animation -_-

Maybe next season I'll use the Hawks.

Awful cocky for someone who didn't win a championship...maybe the spirit of Jackson is within you too. What's the big deal with you scoring well with a rated 79 player? Given enough shots anyone can score 20-30 with even a rated 70 player. What's you point and your mission this year? Stats? Wow...win the tin you fool!! Earn you trash talking license...then try to repeat...as far as i know, Malley won the tin with the Jazz which neither were you...and Bron will be ready, so will Snyder and Hughes and Z and Gibson and the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers TEAM respect!

DCX

My 2k sports thing won't let me log in...it's weird and hard to explain. But I can't log in using Mozilla or IE so I guess I'll have to respond about trades from here.

I'd be willing to package Bobby and West for a better PF than West...

Mason and Butler are also on the block.

Looking for a good PF or SG.

[Peja is untradable for me]

jobber

DCX said:
Awful cocky for someone who didn't win a championship...maybe the spirit of Jackson is within you too. What's the big deal with you scoring well with a rated 79 player? Given enough shots anyone can score 20-30 with even a rated 70 player. What's you point and your mission this year? Stats? Wow...win the tin you fool!! Earn you trash talking license...then try to repeat...as far as i know, Malley won the tin with the Jazz which neither were you...and Bron will be ready, so will Snyder and Hughes and Z and Gibson and the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers TEAM respect!

DCX

The tin is coming back home with me and i'm not even using my team!
I won the last XB 2K6 league *sheds tear*

GP MPG PPG APG FG FG% 3P 3P%
L. James (SF) 3 29.7 32.3 5.0 40/75 53.3 3/14 21.4 14/35 40.0
S. Jackson (SG) 4 24.7 29.0 2.7 49/103 47.6 4/12 33.3 14/18 77.8
K. Bryant (SG) 4 27.5 28.0 2.2 45/92 48.9 8/21 38.1 14/20 70.0
D. Nowitzki (PF) 4 23.0 27.5 2.5 47/90 52.2 4/12 33.3 12/15 80.0

stats of the scoring leaders
It takes skill to keep up with that :p

and mind you when I played with the Spurs, I kicked the ball all around the place

I'm not trying to pull a Bog here. I'm really trying to put up Bron numbers with JAX. I had 6 assist and 6 rebounds with those 39 points so it's not like every time I'm going down court I shoot with JAX.

He's been my #1 option since game 1, and I run my plays for him but I also see how the D is playing Granger and O'Neal before I try a shot.

For a good part of the 3rd, True had some scrub playing D on O'Neal which I attacked.
Now would you be critical of my game if I scored 50 in the paint with O'Neal?

The Preceding Message Was Paid For By The Steve JAX For MVP Campaign

edit: now that you know who my #1 option is, can anyone play D to stop him?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
My 2k sports thing won't let me log in...it's weird and hard to explain. But I can't log in using Mozilla or IE so I guess I'll have to respond about trades from here.

Delete your cookies and then you can sign in. I don't know why 2k's site does this but it has something to do with your Messenger account. If I have checked my hotmail it seems to not let me sign into 2k sometimes. But once I delete my cookies then it's all good. Until a couple of weeks later when it does it again.

Jobber said:
GP MPG PPG APG FG FG% 3P 3P%
L. James (SF) 3 29.7 32.3 5.0 40/75 53.3 3/14 21.4 14/35 40.0
S. Jackson (SG) 4 24.7 29.0 2.7 49/103 47.6 4/12 33.3 14/18 77.8
K. Bryant (SG) 4 27.5 28.0 2.2 45/92 48.9 8/21 38.1 14/20 70.0
D. Nowitzki (PF) 4 23.0 27.5 2.5 47/90 52.2 4/12 33.3 12/15 80.0

Um there is one player in there that you are missing. Show some respect dude. Gosh. :p

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:

I'll make an offer for Butler.

DCX

jobber

pheeniks said:
I wouldn't mind having Jermaine though. Rules won't let that happen however...

You wouldn't mind trading Sarunas would you?

He's my starter -_-

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
good game DCX, I love Varejao :lol
i knew u would :p I needed some better shooting from my team.. Butler will fit in nice...he stunk last game, but i know he is money...

BTW: Uno Mas?

DCX

DCX said:
i knew u would :p I needed some better shooting from my team.. Butler will fit in nice...he stunk last game, but i know he is money...

BTW: Uno Mas?

DCX

That was a nice ass whoopin second game...

DCX

DCX
Peja is money though...Paul was off, if Paul was making his shots it would have been alot closer thats for sure.

DCX

Top Bottom