• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty

If anyone sees Daddyz on AIM, or if he reads this thread...let me know. I think it's been around 4 days since I've heard from him. Missing one game without letting us know is acceptable, but two in a row isn't good. If you're busy, just post here and we'll try to work around it, but if we don't hear anything it looks like you don't care.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
If anyone sees Daddyz on AIM, or if he reads this thread...let me know. I think it's been around 4 days since I've heard from him. Missing one game without letting us know is acceptable, but two in a row isn't good. If you're busy, just post here and we'll try to work around it, but if we don't hear anything it looks like you don't care.

DaddyZ is a wuss

all talk no sizzle yaddamean?

when do YOU want to play our next game commish?

Fifty

jobber said:
when do YOU want to play our next game commish?

I should be free late wednesday, and no matter what it'll advance by then (hopefully after Cold's game)

I really hope Z plays between now and then, because I don't want to find a replacement this early.

jobber

Rorschach said:
I'm having withdrawl...wanna test my new weapon.

if you feel froggy jump...

i'll be in the lobby around 11:15pm est. If someone wants to try their luck vs. JAX, be my guest.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
if you feel froggy jump...

i'll be in the lobby around 11:15pm est. If someone wants to try their luck vs. JAX, be my guest.
I actually would love to get a chance at Jaxx. I'll hollar after 11:15, let me know when you can. I'll be waiting.

lebron%20james.jpg

DCX

jobber

DCX said:
I actually would love to get a chance at Jaxx. I'll hollar after 11:15, let me know when you can. I'll be waiting.

lebron%20james.jpg

DCX

i'll play you now or if you get at me before 1am-ish...

time for Bron to feel the power of JAX

ooo we advanced...someone beat me!

Fifty

Uh, Konex...I thought we were sticking with the deadlines. This deadline you set.

Why'd you advance? There's no point in having them if we're not using them.

And before you post, Jobber. I still won't be able to play our game till wednesday. I'm going off now and tomorrow I'm busy.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
i'll play you now or if you get at me before 1am-ish...

time for Bron to feel the power of JAX

ooo we advanced...someone beat me!
Lets go, I need to let out some frustration after that bullshit game i played...

DCX

jobber

Fifty said:
And before you post, Jobber. I still won't be able to play our game till wednesday. I'm going off now and tomorrow I'm busy.

it's cool...i need to work on my jumper timing for J'O and Tinsley

Harrington is money from 3 IF you can get his release right

I can offline and but online is whole 'nother story

jobber

DCX said:
Lets go, I need to let out some frustration after that bullshit game i played...

DCX

oh now that I put in PSU you want to lose

*sigh*

be there in a sec

bring a casket

it's gonna get funky

jobber

jobber said:
oh now that I put in PSU you want to lose

*sigh*

be there in a sec

bring a casket

it's gonna get funky

boy i wasn't lying there

I went from shooting 53% vs. Kobe to 33% vs. Bron

that game was UGLY

Jackson was still player of the game ;(

DCX

DCX
I play bad when i'm upset...man...Bron did good, i just can't get decent production from my bigs...they are hurting me

DCX

jobber

DCX said:
I play bad when i'm upset...man...Bron did good, i just can't get decent production from my bigs...they are hurting me

DCX

Trade em. Get someone to fit your style of play.

For example: If i'm going to take 10-20 shots outside of the paint, I'm going to need someone in the paint that can bang. That why I play J O and Al at the same time. Easy buckets off boards. When I sub, I have 2 centers play the 4 and 5. I leave my shooting to the perimeter guys. If I miss, I have a good shot at the board. It's also a few other things to do, but I'll leave that for you guys to figure out.

Anyone interested in Daniels? I can't find his shot at all. I miss Brent Barry :(

Rorschach

GG Konex

Man, too many stupid mistakes. Especially that last one where I got pissed off at the chuck down the court for the score, so I tried to chuck it down half court myself and it got intercepted by Arenas. If not for that, the game was mine. :( I gotta learn to control myself.

By the way, I think the 3 pt settings are fine now. Keep it the way it is!

Now if I could get Chris Paul could make a jump shot...

Fifty

You won't be able to! Not unless Konex advances in the middle of the night for himself and his cronies to get their games in ahead of schedule, thus breaking the sacred weekly bond we all share.

Also, DaddyZ hasn't posted on GA since the 15th. He's either having a lot of fun somewhere, or he's dead. RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!!!!!

edit: Assuming Daddyz's corpse is rotting in a blood-drenched motel room, the only game we've got left is DCX and Coldblooded and that'll get done on wednesday, so I guess we can advance now.

Week 5 up for tuesday

Tomorrow we'll time warp back long enough for the week 4 people to play, but today is all clear for week 5 games. Ah just check the site I don't need to say this shit.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
:lol Nocioni 0/8
He's a bum! I gotta get used to him. Even though my release is time right, he still bricks, though...even in practice.

btw - Kobe missing easy 2 hand dunks = retarded. :|

kobe's a bum! I attribute the loss to playing him more than I have in any game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm when do you want to Shaq-Fu me?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf I had Dm next,did you guys change it? :\

WTF I HAVE MY WEEKS MESSED UP ROOFLES

Zep

Banned
Ok fellas...Im back! Sorry for the delay/wait, I had finals to finish and was on GAF for a total of 2mins and forgot all about the league!

I'll be good to play later tonight (11-12est) when I unpack...Again, I apologize. Now...about getting Iverson :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Fifty

Argh, GG Jobber.

That's a frustrating as **** way to lose it though. I lost my composure and literally threw the game away. You deserved the win though, for outplaying me for the 1st 3 quarters. Making that dumb mental mistake will just help me get better in the future.

jobber

Fifty said:
Argh, GG Jobber.

That's a frustrating as **** way to lose it though. I lost my composure and literally threw the game away. You deserved the win though, for outplaying me for the 1st 3 quarters. Making that dumb mental mistake will just help me get better in the future.

You should've gave the ball to Terry. Dirk = no clutch

Fifty

No, that wasn't the problem. Although Terry has been playing like such shit recently who knows what he would have done. He never ceases to surprise me.

My problems were two fold at the end: I was a complete MORON and didn't timeout or react smartly to your inbounds pressure and that basically lost me the game, but on the final possession where I could have won it I strayed from my fast break style and waited for the clock to tick down only to do a pathetic post up fadeaway with Dirk. Seriously, it was like Smitch was inside my body, calling the plays from within me. I've lost a few games in those situations. I really need to work on those end of game plays.

jobber

Fifty said:
No, that wasn't the problem. Although Terry has been playing like such shit recently who knows what he would have done. He never ceases to surprise me.

My problems were two fold at the end: I was a complete MORON and didn't timeout or react smartly to your inbounds pressure and that basically lost me the game, but on the final possession where I could have won it I strayed from my fast break style and waited for the clock to tick down only to do a pathetic post up fadeaway with Dirk. Seriously, it was like Smitch was inside my body, calling the plays from within me. I've lost a few games in those situations. I really need to work on those end of game plays.

Got to attack in the final seconds....drive it in then kick it out. I had J and Al running back to play D just in case you tried to pull some fast break play.

-Steve Jax 4 MVP

I can play tomorrow night True. Anytime tonight would be better, so if you change your mind let me know, but I can play tomorrow night if needed.

DaddyZ, we need to make up our game from week 4. So let me know when you can play, preferably tonight.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
I can play tomorrow night True. Anytime tonight would be better, so if you change your mind let me know, but I can play tomorrow night if needed.

DaddyZ, we need to make up our game from week 4. So let me know when you can play, preferably tonight.

Tomorrow or Thursday man. Your call.

Fifty

Desperate DM trading Posey for Stackhouse! I offered you that deal earlier, didn't I? :( Oh well, I'm happy with Hill. Sorry to see you trading away Stack, Matrix..and even more sorry to tell you you're out of trades.

DM, that's the 2nd game in a row it says you've disconnected. it looks like you've played all the game, why can't you just take 4 seconds and exit properly?

Matrix

Konex,can your friend play tonight? I'm free from 6 on,but I'm not around my computer that has aim on it.

I needed D Fifty,I think Posey helps better in that area than Brickhouse.

Matrix

I have a sleeper agent named Keith Bogans :eek:

Matrix

jobber said:
power rankings plz

Here I'll do it...

2.Pacers 4-1 Cant beat Matrix,whats that about?

Matrix

jobber said:
you were 1 minute away from being 0-5

But I'm not thanks to you....

my friend.

Top Bottom