• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
pheeniks said:
Dude that was fucking AMAZING

I was so pissed at the end when Marion kept jacking shit up and wouldn't pass. And then the potential GW possession, Chalmers fucks it up!!

agreed. Stupid ballhog marion. :D
That was freakin fun though. Playing an actual pick and roll properly was sweet. I'm not very good around the hoop though. Everything I try just comes off super weak.

Pheeniks and I did that without mics too cause his sucks so bad.

AirBrian

Truelize said:
Pheeniks and I did that without mics too cause his sucks so bad.

So did me and CB. ;-)

BTW, we had a couple nice in and out plays going there down the stretch. Terry with some HUGE 3s!

AirBrian

Sorry guys, I'm out. Bedtime for me. I should be around tomorrow night after the Office though.

And pheeniks, just for you:

340x.jpg

CB3 said:
if we can still get the others ill play one more. last one!

ahh it already started. you wouldn't want to play us anyways...i think we are being heat fanboys and are trying to cheese the living shit out of this!

Yeah if we get 5 people to play with AI, we have to do superstar. HOF...they can make fadeaway threes and make all kinds of crazy passes

We're going to have to learn how to do alley oops!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
I have a linksys router...are there any settings I should be aware of?
I can log onto everything online but can't play any games wtf.

All I can think of is forward ports for your 360, or put in the DMZ on your router. Everybody's still having issues, and 2K needs to release this patch asap.

Update from 2K:

There is movement towards an anticipated patch (no date yet, we are trying to make it as extensive as possible), but I did want to let you know what’s going on with the server issues.

"Our hold-up is that our online development team is still trying to iron out one online kink on the PS3. This is really the last of the major issues that needs to be addressed either by a tweak on the server or for the patch.

We have managed to improve performance on the server enough that with 10,000+ on last night the server didn’t get backlogged at all. This in and of itself fixed a lot of the freezing issues some of you experienced. We’ve started to hear/see some more positive feedback about the online experience so it is getting better day by day, especially with a major step forward in the past 24 hours. I will let you know more as I hear but wanted to fill you guys in.

EDIT: Totally forgot. We are working on flex schedules as well. No guarantee that can be setup, but we are aware.

EDIT2: I was implying that we were getting there solution-wise with XBOX 360, not that we were ignoring 360.
"

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190707

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Things are definitely better online than at launch day --- not that that's say much, but the entire process of getting into an online match definitely seems far closer to what I would expect. Still a tiny bit upset about not being able to set up ranked games with friends, though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
anachronous_one said:
Things are definitely better online than at launch day --- not that that's say much, but the entire process of getting into an online match definitely seems far closer to what I would expect. Still a tiny bit upset about not being able to set up ranked games with friends, though.

Agreed. We were able to play 2 on 2 last night. Which was pretty freakin awesome.

Hey can you send me a friends request today? Always looking to play against people that are in the league.

AirBrian

2v2 was awesome, and I think we could easily have a 3v3 match without lag as well. Who am I kidding, I want to try 5v5 again!

Shipped off my 360 yesterday and I hope to receive it back within 1-2 weeks. Were we looking to start the league off once the patch was issued?

yeah that was a good game ramirez. i couldn't stop you for SHIT in the first quarter, had to start switching up to a zone D that left some open shooters but i had to take a chance and it's the only way i got back into the game.

my only complaint were all the missed shots up close, but it was for both of us so it evened out. that last Dirk 3 felt good coming up but just missed :(

i was happy i came back to make a game of it after being down 18!

p.s. elton brand is a monster!

also, i was pretty happy with how the game played out, was this on default sliders or the ones we're using for the league? if it was on default thats awesome cause the game will be even better in league play with those sliders

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Truelize said:
Hey can you send me a friends request today? Always looking to play against people that are in the league.
Sure, I can. I've just been using the "Friends of Friends" thing from the league GT that Smokey set up to look and see if anyone is on.

Smokey

I just sent out alot more FR from the GAF tag so almost everybody should be on the list once they accept the invite.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
How about some 5 on 5 maybe? Who will be on?

I dunno if we'll have that many after last nights debacle:lol

and saints row 2 is awesome, trying to pull me away from 2k9.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah that was a good game ramirez. i couldn't stop you for SHIT in the first quarter, had to start switching up to a zone D that left some open shooters but i had to take a chance and it's the only way i got back into the game.

my only complaint were all the missed shots up close, but it was for both of us so it evened out. that last Dirk 3 felt good coming up but just missed :(

i was happy i came back to make a game of it after being down 18!

p.s. elton brand is a monster!

also, i was pretty happy with how the game played out, was this on default sliders or the ones we're using for the league? if it was on default thats awesome cause the game will be even better in league play with those sliders

Yea, that was default sliders, on Hall of Fame.

Mrbob

Sweet, I'll be grabbing the sliders later today. And I'll sign into the league in a couple hours when I can.

Smokey

Yeah, and if you guys think changes need to be made mess around with them a little bit and let me know and I'll try them out(I didn't really adjust anything too drastic to begin with). And remember these are for online play..not offline.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
I didn't get a league invite. Please send me one Smokey. :D

On your 360, go to join leagues and search for GAF League. You'll be asked to put in a password which I will PM you.

Mrbob

Konex cheesing in the paint with Kobe already? :lol

I signed in this morning....sorry I spent almost 6 hours (!!!) playing Saints Row 2 yesterday.

Top Bottom