• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

AirBrian

Matrix said:
:lol

Is that link for me?

I'll be finally calling 1-800-4shit-xbox tomorrow and try to get another refurb sent to me.I'm just not spending $200 or more on another xbox right now.

Maybe...

pheeniks said:
could one of you change your avatars? :lol
I'm sure I will be after Saturday. :-(

SIKE! CUBS IN 5!!!!!

Smokey

2K view is taken out of NBA2K9 for online play.

wow

I've never used any other view ever for the past 7-8 years.

wow

I'll take the Blazers.

But don't check mark me as being 100% just yet. I'll have an answer to that before the game ships in the coming days.

I'm strapped for cash and while I'll probably have the game rented day 1, I'm not sure if I'll end up buying it or have it in my possession long enough to be consistent during the course of the whole season. I really will do everything in my power to buy this game though.

Its just that there are a ton of games out this fall, and I have to be careful with my selection and spending.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Is this good or bad?

I don't want to buy the game to find out the league won't be played.

It's only bad for people who have used that view for years online.Not sure how it will play out with this 360 league,but it could cause some of the good players here to change their game or hell it could make them worse and actually give you a chance Bob.

Or everyone will jump ship and buy NBA Live :eek:

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Is this good or bad?

I don't want to buy the game to find out the league won't be played.

IMO, the 2K view is the best view in the game. I run plays A LOT and it's easier for me to see how the play is going to develop and it's much easier to use the shot stick for in the lane when you want to do specific types of layups or dunks.

I've used the 2K view since the beginning of the whole damn series of 2K games dating back to the Dreamcast days. I've tried to use the broadcast view and it just doesn't work for me. Apparently it's still in the game but only for use in offline mode..

Going to take some time for me to get adjusted I've been programmed to use that view which makes it hard for me to even play the demo of 2K9.

:/

Smokey said:
IMO, the 2K view is the best view in the game. I run plays A LOT and it's easier for me to see how the play is going to develop and it's much easier to use the shot stick for in the lane when you want to do specific types of layups or dunks.

Has anything been said on the forums about why they did this? Maybe a patch will come if the uproar is loud enough.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
Has anything been said on the forums about why they did this? Maybe a patch will come if the uproar is loud enough.

Matrix posted in the 2k9 thread on the gaming side that another poster said the guy is full of it and that it IS in the game and he's being a dick trying to get people flustered.

So I dunno now, but I really do hope it's in the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Start a NBA Live league thread!

Mig, you, me, and ....

Mig, you and me!

I did,you happy now!?

Matrix

You can have them in Live or buy it on PS3 and you can have them :D!

Also doesn't Truelize use Lebron and the Cavs? And you picked them :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Any chance I can get in? If so, I'd like the Pistons!

GT: Anachronous One

EDIT:
Team preferences (of what is left):
1) Pistons
2) Jazz
3) Warriors
4) Raptors
5) Magic

It looks like, from the list, there are only 3 vets left to check in with their teams, so hopefully I can get one of these 4 teams! :)

Smokey

Matrix said:
You can have them in Live or buy it on PS3 and you can have them :D!

Also doesn't Truelize use Lebron and the Cavs? And you picked them :lol

I think he does which is why I put them in ( ) next to DM.

anachronous_one said:
Any chance I can get in? If so, I'd like the Pistons!

GT: Anachronous One

I'll add you but won't be a guarantee that you'll get the Pistons, but I'll put them next to your name in ( ) but if one of the regulars want to play with them they'll go to them. If not then you can have them.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Didn't Truelize use the Pistons last year?

He used the Celtics but in the beginning I believe he used the Pistons. Either way if he decides to play with us this season he'll have the choice of who he wants to run with. Not being disrespectful to the new members wanting to join, but he's played the last 3 seasons since I've been here and I believe many more before that so yeah. If he doesn't or one of the other guys don't want those teams then they are more than welcome to use em!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
He used the Celtics but in the beginning I believe he used the Pistons. Either way if he decides to play with us this season he'll have the choice of who he wants to run with. Not being disrespectful to the new members wanting to join, but he's played the last 3 seasons since I've been here and I believe many more before that so yeah. If he doesn't or one of the other guys don't want those teams then they are more than welcome to use em!
No problem, guys. I updated my first post with my top five team preferences (based on what is left after the vets and newcomer assignments in the OP). I'd love the Pistons, but if they get taken, just give me the next team on the list. Thanks!

Not sure how big of a consideration time zones are, but 99% of my gaming is done between 8pm-11:30pm Eastern Time.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
No problem, guys. I updated my first post with my top five team preferences (based on what is left after the vets and newcomer assignments in the OP). I'd love the Pistons, but if they get taken, just give me the next team on the list. Thanks!

Not sure how big of a consideration time zones are, but 99% of my gaming is done between 8pm-11:30pm Eastern Time.

I'd say your Time Zone is about the time where the majority of games are played.

Ken Masters said:
Spurs - PS3

This is league is for the 360 version now.

Here's the link for PS3 league

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337096

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
2vhvpqv.jpg

If I can finally figure out his release online this year I should be a force.

I have always started with the Cavs my friends. But because Lebron's release is so odd it has been really really really hard to use him effectively from anywhere outside the key. Also, before the trade last year, the Cavs were pretty bad. No depth.
I went with the Pistons cause I wanted a more rounded team and a better defensive squad altogether.
The Celtics I got for the last season because they were available and they have the best player in the world on their team. RAY!!!

But yeah I'll be bringing it with Bron and company. Thanks for showing me the respect and remembering they are my team. I appreciate it.

I'm a bit surprised with Airbrian getting the Bulls without dispute. DM has had the Bulls since we started playing 2K online back in the Xbox days. Not saying that Airbrian shouldn't have them but I also don't want to lose DM cause he gets snubbed on his team. I mean he played with them during their PJ Brown and Ben Wallace days, dude deserves to have them now that they have a great team.
In all honesty the only reason DM ever had the Bulls was because Matrix won dibs on Houston, they were always making deals so that Matrix could have the Rockets. I can remember them even trading Tmac to Chicago (what a mess that was). So really.... Even though Smokey is the most winningest player during our next gen days DM might have dibs on the Rockets too.

I'm just saying....

ugh another 360 sports league. i will play!

and before truelize posts about me not finishing a league (as he always does) i want to make it known that i played all my games last year and then my 360 died out and there was like a 2 month turn around to get it back from MS, and the season was over by that point. blame MS not me!

p.s. the teams i want in this order!

1. suns (i don't care if its dirty!)
2. mavs (" ")
3. jazz (unless malley is playing!)
4. bulls
5. magics (yes, magicS)

Matrix

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You? You never finish a sea..................... Wait. :)

Suns - Pheeniks or Cerrius
Mavs - open
Jazz - yeah Malley if he's in
Bulls - Airbrian or DM depending how that works out
Magic - open

Golden State is open too man. :) Local love? None?

the warriors aren't local! i live in los angeles and hate the lakers!

i suppose i could also go with the clippers but incase you haven't noticed i'm horrible at NBA 2kx and i kind of need an above average team in order to stay in games. and neither pheeniks nor cerrius are true suns fans! why can't i play them for the suns!?

otherwise i guess i will tentatively take the Mavs. with a 2nd choice as the magic. i'll have to test them out and see!

p.s. i'm sorry matrix :( i wanted to play on ps3 but we wouldn't have a league to speak of there! it's not like madden where it's a split!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Matrix all alone on PS3. :D

Someone will be alone with me once their system red rings during the season....

I HOPE IT'S YOU FELLOW CUBS FAN!

No problem FMT,not your fault.

AirBrian

Well, it's whatever, DM. Just let me know if you want to work something out. Otherwise I want the Mavs if FMT doesn't whore himself out!

And if for some reason I don't get either, I'll join Matrix on the PS3! :p

Ramirez

Hey, just wanted to confirm that I'll be picking it up, I'm enjoying the demo, even though I am pretty terrible.

Matrix

I don't use it,but isn't the 2k view the behind the back view?

Smokey

Yes and it really really angers me that there is no 2K view.

I've used that view for 7-8 years now.

And about the teams. I was going by who I was familiar with in our leagues. I don't think I've ever played in a league with DM so I wasn't too familiar with him. If that's the case though maybe they can work something out.

AS FOR THE ROCKETS, I'm sorry but I'm using them this year! That's my squad and due to my newbness coming into the league 2 seasons ago I had to pick the Magic but my #1 team is the Rockets and I haven't had a chance to play with them on GAF b/c Matrix had the rights. But seeing how he wanted to be a loner and go PS3 on us I'll gladly take them off his hands!

Matrix

Hopefully I'll be back in the 360 league by season 2!

Then we fight for the Rockets,unless you win it all and need to defend your crowd.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I don't care for the Suns.

If I lose my game against pheeniks than someone else can take the Suns, I'll just sit out.

Heat or bust

lol why dont you just let cerrius have the heat and you can have the suns? that way you guys both play (im just giving you a hard time about the suns i will play with or without them!)

I think he and I have the same desire to cheese with Beasley. We have to fight it out.

Can't you just use your Warriors :(

GCQuinton

Wow, no 2K view?? That's the only camera I've used since the series started (even on the old Fastbreak games on PS1 if you wanna count that). I'll probably wind up messing with the Wire angle. Live's default is pretty good, too.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
are you guys definitely getting this over Live? i'll get the game that has more people in the online league!

I'm pretty sure this league will have more than Live.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I'm in with the Lakers.

I hope I didn't stir the pot regarding who gets the Bulls. I don't want either AirBrian or DM to not be playing with us.

FMT: are you seriously asking if people are gonna be playing in a Live league? really? Really? REAAAAALLLLYYYY?

Do they even have a league setup for Live this year?

I'm just saying.

Why isn't anyone fighting to have the Jazz? They are an incredible team in this game.

i dont know ive been reading impressions about live and 2k9 and it sounds like SOME people are saying live is better and the pick and roll mechanic is something that is very innovative.

as i said, i play where the people are (which is why i'm not playing this on ps3), so if 2k9 is where its at then thats where i am at!

Yeah I actually played the demo (live) and it ended up being epic fail. I put the AI on the highest level and this is what happens...

They get the ball with 20 seconds left in the quarter and they take a jumpshot 4 seconds in.

I do think they had some sweet innovations but there are just some quirks about it I can't stand. So 2k9 for me.

Top Bottom