• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

DiddyBop

10 min quarters are a bit too long,8-9 is perfect nba simulation i think. thats what i usd to use when i played franchise and it worked out pretty well.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn im pushing my limits on online leagues! madden, ncaa, and nba! i'm used to just doing madden and NBA at this time, but NCAA's online dynasty feature is so awesome i can't stop. infact i dont know if that league will ever die out. advances so quickly, recruiting is addicting, and the stat tracking is awesome throughout the years. but this isn't a pro-ncaa post, i just wish other sports games supported online franchise type modes :(

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it!?

Or create an Online Dynasty Appreciation Thread!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
smokey ... got your pm.. good looking on the hold of utah.. when are we starting and how often will it be advanced? because I am traveling on business often in the fall and winter and don't want to hold the league up

BigAT

Picking this up on the way home from work today. As it looks like the Knicks are taken, are the Raptors available?

Smokey said:
Whats good fellas?!

It's that time again, as the release of 2K9 is right around the corner (next Tuesday) which means it's time for another GAF season!

200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg
200533b.jpg

I originally said I'd like to keep the league to 8-12 players, but since this is a new season and a fresh game I'll take a chance and open it up.

If you are new to our leagues then you will have to wait until the vets pick their team before you pick yours. It's not too bad...I had quite a bit of success with it :).

I'll start listing the people from last season (assuming these guys want to play again in 2K9) and go from there:

1. Smokey - Rockets
  2. Shawn - Lakers (clippers/raptors)
  3. CB3 - Lakers (wizards/bucks)
  4. AKA - Celtics
  5. AirBrian - Bulls
  6. jobber(?) - Spurs
  7. pheeniks - Heat
  8. GCQuinton - Bobcats
  9. Truelize - Cavs
  10. DCX - Knicks
  11. MrBob - Hornets
  12. Cerrius - Heat/Suns
  13. Ramirez Sixers
  14. daw840 Nuggets
  15. Dmczaf Magic
  16. anachronous_one Pistons
  17. FMT Mavs
  18. Cloudy -
  19. Malley(?) - Jazz
  20. kirbybreezy Blazers
  21. DiddyBop Warriors

If I'm missing anybody please refresh my memory it's been awhile!

Also, if Matrix isn't playing in the 360 league then I call the Rockets. They've been my squad since forever since I live in Houston, but do to seniority I respectfully let Matrix continue to use them and just went with the Magic, BUT if he ain't playing on 360 I want my squad!

I'll update this thread with rules etc.,(like they'll get followed..) as it gets closer to next week, but just wanted to go ahead and create a thread to gather interest, platform, as well as teams.

You can go ahead and remove Jobber from that list, he hasn't got back to you because we are on his ignore list :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13097214&postcount=345

DCX

DCX
Played against the Thunder and a half against the Grizz and my Knicks and i are in trouble! :lol Of course the AI knows all the iso moves etc but man they completely used and abused me with amazing play calling and just great play, drawing fouls, taking and making mid range shots and long balls.

I will say the game is incredible. It looks fantastic and it moves at an NBA pace. The game at time looks real. Not videogame like, i mean real as in real life! Amazing! Just amazing. Can't wait to learn the game, study my plays and get this season going!

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
so it seems that creating a player match online causes the game to freeze.

i wonder how the hell some of these things get by testing....

And now 2k service is down. Good to see they didnt change the inconsistent online servers

Smokey

CB3 said:
so it seems that creating a player match online causes the game to freeze.

i wonder how the hell some of these things get by testing....

And now 2k service is down. Good to see they didnt change the inconsistent online servers

Yep. Me and CB3 kept trying to play each other by creating a player match and it will free the system.

Also appears as if there's no more online lobbies...?

chris paul is rated 99?!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Maybe it's just a 360 freeze thing :p I'll try creating a player match tonight when I get my PS3 copy.

daw840

Wow, this game is nothing like the previous NCAA games I have played. I am going to lose every one of my games BADLY.

BigAT

So are there any more spots in the league open? Anyone that has played with me in the Madden league knows I get my games in quickly.

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Wow, this game is nothing like the previous NCAA games I have played. I am going to lose every one of my games BADLY.
It's too bad KC doesn't have a basketball team!

And BigAT would be a welcomed addition to the league.

daw840

AirBrian said:
It's too bad KC doesn't have a basketball team!

And BigAT would be a welcomed addition to the league.

I lived in Denver for a while, so the Nuggets are fine by me!

DCX

DCX
We would as many spots as there are teams in the NBA :D I'm going to really have to learn how to play this game. Instincts and basketball knowledge will only get you so far. You have to know all the moves, and have the controls become second nature.

DCX

Smokey

1-0 online lol

Well my 1st impressions are, it doesn't seem to move as smooth online as 2K8? I dunno it's hard to explain. Also, I'm not digging the FT's...seem really different. You have to let go of the shot stick really early and even when I was doing that I was getting slightly late in the description. And FUCK 2K for taking the 2K view out. I tried playing Wire and that pulls it back like the 2K view...except the camera doesn't rotate around so when you're on defense the camera is still the same as if you were on offense.

So I had to use the shitty broadcast camera. I hate it. Any of you who have played me before know I love isomotion and I feel like I can't do shit on that camera view.

Then again I had similar complaints about 2k8 until I learned how to play it instead of trying to play like it was 2K7 so we'll see.

BigAt what squad would you want?

Smokey

BigAT said:
I'll go with the Raptors, I believe they're available?

If Shawn loses to CB for the Lakers then he has choice of going with the clippers/raptors. I'll put ( ) around them next to your name, but do you have a 2nd choice?

Smokey

Malleymal said:
smokey ... got your pm.. good looking on the hold of utah.. when are we starting and how often will it be advanced? because I am traveling on business often in the fall and winter and don't want to hold the league up

Damn I didn't even see your post. Well, we can't start until everyone has the game and I know a few are waiting until next week to pick it up in the Toys r Us by 2 get 1 free sale. So I'll probably figure out exactly when it will start next week as everyone gets their copy.

Last season I advanced the schedule every 3 days sometimes 4 and that kept the league moving quickly so I'll probably do it the same way this season. I may move that up to 4/5 days though because we didn't have near the amount of people last season as we do for this one.

daw840

LOL, played 3 games against the computer and finally won one!!!!!

The first game I got literally worked. They beat me by like 30 points, and I shot like 30% FG.:lol :lol

Smokey

Update on lobby/custom game glitch from 2K:

OK a quick update:
The online lobbies for PS3 are up and running and have been since the beginning. You go to Player Match -> Create Match (you can set the difficulty there) to make a match, Player Match -> Custom Match to join the online lobby and pick a game.

The XBOX 360 lobbies are having a server-side issue. This issue is being worked on to be resolved. You can still have game against your friends by challenging them and sending a game invite message. Lobbies will make this easier but stand by on that. Lobbies also have different difficulty level games.

Update on 2K came online

"As far as the 2K camera, you have not seen it in the online version. The team is aware and looking for a solution on that as well."

On not being able to rate players after you play them

Concern - We need a lobby for ranked game also. Also I can't rate other player after the match on xbox 360, please fix! Thanks!

You will be able to rate other players once that is fixed. It's a big part of Team 2K reputation to be able to do so.

What the fuck did they not test this game before they sent it out?

daw840

So I guess we can't play each other right now at all?

I don't know any other way except for the player match, and that keeps locking up my system.:lol

Fucking sports games, always something fucked up.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
how do i get a game going on the 360? lol

You can't right now. Here is my earlier post.

Update on lobby/custom game glitch from 2K:

OK a quick update:

The online lobbies for PS3 are up and running and have been since the beginning. You go to Player Match -> Create Match (you can set the difficulty there) to make a match, Player Match -> Custom Match to join the online lobby and pick a game.

The XBOX 360 lobbies are having a server-side issue. This issue is being worked on to be resolved. You can still have game against your friends by challenging them and sending a game invite message.(no....u can't) Lobbies will make this easier but stand by on that. Lobbies also have different difficulty level games.

Update on 2K cam online

"As far as the 2K camera, you have not seen it in the online version. The team is aware and looking for a solution on that as well."

On not being able to rate players after you play them

Concern - We need a lobby for ranked game also. Also I can't rate other player after the match on xbox 360, please fix! Thanks!

You will be able to rate other players once that is fixed. It's a big part of Team 2K reputation to be able to do so.

Smokey

Nope. The lobbies are down on the 360 and everytime I try and click on Ranked Quick Match it says I can't be connect refer to online faq. I've managed to play 3 games online all day(and won all 3) but yeah it's pretty shitty.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
do the 360 lobbys work yet?

i have to play my NCAA dynasty game tonight :(

join our league!

No, you can't play friends online yet. You can play random people though!

I should place last in this league for at least 2 seasons. I get worked by the CPU when they are the GS Warriors. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

DiddyBop

daw840 said:

I should place last in this league for at least 2 seasons. I get worked by the CPU when they are the GS Warriors. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
hey,thats my gaf league team and the team ive been using since 2k8,dont underestimate us!

Smokey

daw840 said:

You've been able to successfully play 'quick ranked matches'?

I kept getting some stupid error saying check 2k online faq.

Ramirez

Smokey said:
You've been able to successfully play 'quick ranked matches'?

I kept getting some stupid error saying check 2k online faq.

I was able to play one match using that option...I didn't try again to see if it was a fluke. :lol

Top Bottom