• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA2K9 GAF Season...6(?) Thread!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not that it matters to me but how is konex not in the running for the lakers? 3 way playoff!

Konex has been MIA for the past three NBA2K leagues...we assumed he'd continue the streak.

Shawnwhann said:
Konex has been MIA for the past three NBA2K leagues...we assumed he'd continue the streak.

just let him have the wizards again. he loves those 3 point chuckers/cheesers

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
No he hasn't been around for awhile.

FMT: I get what you mean about going where everyone else goes. That's why I bought the inferior version of Madden this year. :D I had to follow all you guys to the PS3 version.

Smokey

Dark FaZe said:
Hey I'm out guys. Probably won't be able to hang onto this long enough to be here the whole season.

:/

Thanks for at least saying something before we started though!

In the scenario I lose vs. CB and have to take another team other than the Lakers, I'll roll with the Raptors or Clippers!

No one has called those teams yet so it shouldn't be a problem as I'll have a preference all lined by the end of the week. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the game today! :D

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
Blazers if possible

Are you going to be available to play..? I'm asking because you don't seem very active here on NeoGAF and we got into some problems with this last season. So if you can give your word that you will play then I will add you in.

I guess we'll start by seeing if you reply to this post.

I've also tried to PM jobber and Malley with no response from either so I dunno if they've got somethin' against me(even in the past when I've tried to PM them I haven't gotten a response) or what but I have tried so if they don't get back to me pretty soon then Jazz and Spurs are fair game.

DMczaf said:
I guess I'll use the Magic

Great choice :)

Yo Smokey, I wouldn't worry too much about folks expressing interest right now. A week or so from now, we'll have a much better idea of folks that are still interested (i.e. reconfirming they are ready to play once they have the game).

I suspect we'll have some people flake out before the league starts, but we'll probably also have more folks interested in the league as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Join my 1 man PS3 league and you can have any team other than the Rockets! How can you pass that up?

DCX

DCX
I should have the game sometime tomorrow morning. i have some running around to do and i will pick up the game during my travels. I wonder if Wal-Mart would have the game on selves after midnight seeing they are open 24 hrs...hmmm...i think i'll make that call :p

DCX

AkaBalla

Shawnwhann said:
I suspect we'll have some people flake out before the league starts, but we'll probably also have more folks interested in the league as well.

Any thoughts now on who will flake out? This would be an interesting debate..:lol

AkaBalla said:
Any thoughts now on who will flake out? This would be an interesting debate..:lol

It would be a debate you would have with yourself because I'm not touching that ball of wax with a 10 foot pole...but I *do* have some suspicions though! :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Shit i totally forgot to post a second team if i lose to shawn. if i dont get the lakers ill take

Washington Wizards
OR
Milwaukee Bucks

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
So does the league usually just use the default Ranked Match settings (5 min quarters, All Star difficulty)? I looked at the 2K8 league thread, but the rules in that OP are just a dead link back to the 2K league page.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
So does the league usually just use the default Ranked Match settings (5 min quarters, All Star difficulty)? I looked at the 2K8 league thread, but the rules in that OP are just a dead link back to the 2K league page.

No.

Last season I had it set on Hall of Fame difficulty and 8 minute quarters. Once we get rolling I'll post rules, length on season, playoff length etc.

we better not be playing 5 min quarters. i'd prefer to play 10 min quarters but i know people wont go for that. at LEAST 8 mins, come on guys its basketball, the clock is constantly running. its not like football where 6 min quarters = 1 real time hour. basketball is more or less spot on. i think 10 min quarters would probably take an hour!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we better not be playing 5 min quarters. i'd prefer to play 10 min quarters but i know people wont go for that. at LEAST 8 mins, come on guys its basketball, the clock is constantly running. its not like football where 6 min quarters = 1 real time hour. basketball is more or less spot on. i think 10 min quarters would probably take an hour!

Nah 5 mins is weak. It was 8 last season which was plenty, but we'll see. I'm excited that we have divisions now in league play. Should be fun!

Excerpt from IGN review:

Lasting Appeal
The online play is great, despite the screwy camera, and The Association 2.0 has all the length and depth anyone could want from their franchise. Blacktop is a clear afterthought but it's still cool.

Ugh.

i was checking out some of the .gifs in the official live vs. 2k9 thread and holy shit @ nba 2k's graphics. i know you can't always appreciate them at game speed but wow there are a lot of details there.

also, based on the demo i proclaim that nba 2k9 has the best crowd in sports history. watch the crowd on free throws and you can see the realistic crowd including individual celebrations, people standing up and leaving their row to go get something, etc.

makes me wish that the NFL license weren't exclusive to madden. not that i preferred NFL 2k to madden but everyone has to admit that NFL 2k9 would make madden 2009 better.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
No.

Last season I had it set on Hall of Fame difficulty and 8 minute quarters. Once we get rolling I'll post rules, length on season, playoff length etc.
Ah shoot, I meant Superstar, not All Star --- but np, I'll start doing some reps against the CPU on HoF difficulty and work it out.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey please be specific about points in the paint limit this time around.

How many are allowed, do fastbreak points count etc. etc.

just want to be clear

Smokey

I'm assuming quite a few of us are getting this tomorrow?

If so who wants to run some 5v5?!

I really want to try that mode out.

Cerrius said:

just want to be clear

I got ya. Much was learned from yr 2 of being commish!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That kinda sucks that ChrisJames hasn't been able to get hooked up online yet. Hopefully he is lurking somewhere and is happy that he is missed.

Cerrius said:

just want to be clear

I think you need to worry about that crazy "steal the ball" cheat you do whenever anyone tries to dunk on you. :lol

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
AirBrian said:
Did anyone else find the court seems smaller? I think there'll be a lot of over-and-back calls this year.
actually, the opposite. To me the court feels larger, and between the better spacing and the fact that I don't feel as trapped in animations as last year, I've found myself getting fewer violations.

DMczaf

I'm not getting my copy til next week, btw. I'm waiting for the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at Toys R Us next week.

i was going to do the buy 2 get 1 free but what games are coming out that would be worth $43? rather just pay the $55 at amazon with free shipping and no tax BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

daw840

DMczaf said:
I'm not getting my copy til next week, btw. I'm waiting for the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at Toys R Us deal next week.

Wait, there's going to be a buy2 get 1 free deal next week?!? I may have to wait to. Actually, I am very impatient, so I probably won't/

YMMV, some stores do and some dont. i dont think they're supposed to, but to be safe get a gift receipt and return it that way, you should be safe!

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
YMMV, some stores do and some dont. i dont think they're supposed to, but to be safe get a gift receipt and return it that way, you should be safe!
Oh, nice! I never even thought about that.

Smokey

I figured some were going to hold out for the TRU deal, and I was thinking about it too. We obviously can't start the league until everybody has the game but those of us getting it this week will have a pretty nice headstart:D

damn im pushing my limits on online leagues! madden, ncaa, and nba! i'm used to just doing madden and NBA at this time, but NCAA's online dynasty feature is so awesome i can't stop. infact i dont know if that league will ever die out. advances so quickly, recruiting is addicting, and the stat tracking is awesome throughout the years. but this isn't a pro-ncaa post, i just wish other sports games supported online franchise type modes :(

Top Bottom