• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

CB3 said:
Maybe is the same reason their thread is half the size of ours.

Maybe because most of us would rather play the game rather show off our e-penis by upping our post count.

Edit: Beaten by Nightz. :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
huge_e_penis+319x.jpg

Well, you know who you're talking to...

an_explosive_crash_from_quentin_-1.gif

Ganhyun

I know im not in your guys league or anything, but I got this yesterday. Played a couple games against a friend. Won both. (I used UGA both times. Whooped Florida State pretty badly. He gave me more fight using Pitt.)

Pretty fun so far. I definitely noticed the random inaccurate throws and such though.

Lonestar

The EA website has this new feature, where you can put together the different clips you upload, into one, longer video (even with putting in audio clips with it). So, could be interesting to use.

Here's my test version. Just think of it as Watching me beat Nightz in the playoffs, then having a flashback to a moment from last years college game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/22524001

LosDaddie

Banned
Lonestar said:
We've never used that trick.

I have most of "Football game" GAF on friends list. Figure that's what most of us are doing.

Damn....I guess I'm out of the loop on that. I'm almost set on buying the X360 version this year. I got the PS3 version the last couple years to play against my bro, but he rarely plays.

Other than Online Dynasty, how active are you you guys for random games? I won't have time for a dynasty, but I'll be playing online a good amount.

GCQuinton

CB3 said:

9095b6.gif

But seriously, two years ago in '09 when everybody started with their powerhouse teams in our league the game just got boring way too quick since everyone's teams were stacked (or close to it) out the gate. Add that to the fact that we only averaged 4-5 human games a season anyway and you're eventually going through the motions since you're always blowing the CPU out.

The way I saw it last year, starting off with the three star teams at least gave everyone a shot to start on equal footing and you actually had to BUILD your program, which is the whole point of dynasty mode anyways. But hey, if people want to start off with a 99 OVR team and do that, more power to 'em.

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
9095b6.gif

But seriously, two years ago in '09 when everybody started with their powerhouse teams in our league the game just got boring way too quick since everyone's teams were stacked (or close to it) out the gate. Add that to the fact that we only averaged 4-5 human games a season anyway and you're eventually going through the motions since you're always blowing the CPU out.

The way I saw it last year, starting off with the three star teams at least gave everyone a shot to start on equal footing and you actually had to BUILD your program, which is the whole point of dynasty mode anyways. But hey, if people want to start off with a 99 OVR team and do that, more power to 'em.
dwight_schrute.gif

DCX

Lonestar

GCQuinton said:
9095b6.gif

Why are you bringing this over here?

Why do you think I'm pushing to put everyone in the same conference? To avoid "too many" CPU games.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Why are you bringing this over here?

Why do you think I'm pushing to put everyone in the same conference? To avoid "too many" CPU games.

I didn't. Ramirez brought it up on the last page, so I explained why I set ours up like I did.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:
Late on this (Photobucket didn't get the emailed pictures loaded for a few hours...)

But did anyone else's copy from Dell come in this very odd shipping sleeve?

2010-07-13173326-1.jpg

Yes, the same way. Thankfully it wasn't destroyed.

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Yes, the same way. Thankfully it wasn't destroyed.

Noticing my Thumb, guess I must be double jointed/Hypermobility

I want to say people noticed my thumb on the picture of my "Celebrating USC's Probation Steaks" Gave the ole Thumbs up.

Lonestar said:
Noticing my Thumb, guess I must be double jointed/Hypermobility

I want to say people noticed my thumb on the picture of my "Celebrating USC's Probation Steaks" Gave the ole Thumbs up.

You should join the traveling circus.

LukeSmith

GCQuinton said:
9095b6.gif

I definitely think that GCQ has a point, the gap is considerable between the teams. I don't know if the gap is significant enough to offset thumb skill, however (LJ and Rors certainly prove that thumb skill trumps team ratings in Madden, whether it does or not in NCAA is TBD)

Striker

CB3 said:
The NCAA Dynasty we played in '09 with GCQ lasted four seasons or so. The size of the thread doesn't really mean nothing was going on. All you need to do is set up scheduling, write a GG summary if you want, and go on. GCQ even provided his weekly standings, notes, and player of the weeks. Not sure why people knock this kind of stuff.

:lol

i don't know what post #'s have to do with quality of the league.

and lest we not forget our last ncaa 09 online dynasty ALSO lasted 4 seasons on ps3.... although it eventually died after psn gave me issues logging in and wouldn't let me download the updated dynasty to advance the league. what a surprise PSN!

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
5/6 star teams aren't fun. I really like 2 star team idea. Maybe next year.

CB3 said:
I dunno, i kinda like not having 3 pages of inside jokes and shit talking

KanZolo

Lonestar

2 quick disconnects with Luke as well.

DAMN these PS3 servers!

Anyone else wanna see if we can get a few more disconnects?

DenogginizerOS said:
FMT and I just got disconnected in a 17-17 game going to the 4th. Grrr.

that lb pick was ridiculous! my TE had him beat by like 3 yards and i release the ball and he manages to turn around, run with him for a step and pick it :lol

i guess its my own fault, i had time to let the route develop for a second longer and get the sure completion :(

tech has fast LB's!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
FMT always disconnects when he is close to losing. this is nothing new

That or his Gameshark stops working.

Lonestar

Think there are some hellacious server problems at the moment. Another 2 disconnects with Storybook. And I see a post on Operation Sports about the same thing.

Rorschach

CB does not represent the Madden league or its participants!!!

Striker said:
The NCAA Dynasty we played in '09 with GCQ lasted four seasons or so. The size of the thread doesn't really mean nothing was going on. All you need to do is set up scheduling, write a GG summary if you want, and go on. GCQ even provided his weekly standings, notes, and player of the weeks. Not sure why people knock this kind of stuff.
I could only imagine the amount of backlash we would get in the Madden league if we did all that!

Also, GCQ was pretty quiet in the Madden thread, but he got every game done on time and he outlasted a lot of teams even though he had a good record. Shows you don't have to be super active in the thread to keep up!

[edit] Just checked and GCQ had just 9 more posts than Zep! :lol :lol :lol :lol

CB3 2,655
FrenchMovieTheme 2,416
Wellington 2,259
BigJonsson 231
Shawnwhann 191
goldlion054 113
GCQuinton 110
Zep 101

Matrix

Damn CB never stops talking or in the case typing.

lets relax fellas! both leagues are good, both leagues are different. there is room for both of us without the jabs!

however there is only 1 madden league. 1 league to unite us all!

Top Bottom