• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar said:
Looked like a tough battle between ND and Michigan

yea.... looks like....

john-travolta.jpg

LJ11

I should take pheenix out for drinks after that game, Christmas came early.

Longhorns Jumped out to a 14-3 lead, big TD run and a huge pass on a corner blitz. I drive down the field, only to get intercepted on the 2 or 3 yard line, his MLB made a pretty sick read/play, I didn't think he would get there.

Manage to keep him off the board only to drive down the field before half and miss a pretty easy FG. 14-3 half.

Manage to get a big play off in the 3rd quarter to pull the game within 3. Longhorns score on the next series on another long run.

I get within 3 (21-18) with about 4 minutes left in the game. His run game is chewing up clock and picking up first downs. Inside the 30 with less than 2 minutes remaining, blow my first TO on 3rd and 1, he picks it up. 2 TOs left, doesn't matter, I blow them and he still picks up the first.

Pheenix takes two knees, less than 30 seconds to go, a knee kills the game. He calls a timeout, didn't want a delay of game. He then comes out in 4 wide, I'm thinking wtf? Goes back to pass and starts to scramble, ends up getting sacked, there's a hold on the play. I decline it, he kicks a FG.

22 seconds left to go in the game, starting on my 20. I go to my favorite play concept. Pheenix played man almost the entire game, but decide he'd play 3 deep zone in this situation. Look for my primary read, no dice, but I see my last read wide open. I nailed him down the sideline for a 48 yard pass.

At this point I thought I lost the game, there were 11 seconds left and if he was my first read I would've had a TD without a doubt. At this point I'm just shooting for the endzone, but use the same pass concept. My WR gets open but his DB bats just in time.

Six seconds remaining, fuck it, do it again, he's playing the same soft zone. This time I wait hoping for a jump ball. My main intention on this play is to clear the deep safety with a streak, get him to bight inside on the split end, and then hit the underneath route that is also vertical.

Hit my WR in the back of the endzone with zero on the clock. Zach Jack fist pump. Gift from the heavens, luck of the Irish!

I woke up still feeling like shit. If this happened in real life it would be the most epic choke job ever in sports.

But wait---if I got sacked on that 3rd down isn't it the same thing as taking a knee? As it was you would have gotten the ball back anyways right? Just some dumb defensive play calling by me...blah.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I now have a brother in regards to " losing in horribly horrible ways" to LJ.

Don't worry, he sold his soul to Satan to have that kind of bullshit winability, and will eventually burn in hell forever. Believe That.

ph33nix said:
I woke up still feeling like shit. If this happened in real life it would be the most epic choke job ever in sports.

But wait---if I got sacked on that 3rd down isn't it the same thing as taking a knee? As it was you would have gotten the ball back anyways right? Just some dumb defensive play calling by me...blah.

it is if you didn't have a penalty. but you had a holding penalty, so the clock is going to stop whether it is accepted or declined.

if this was that poker show and they had the percentages before you called that last play, your chances of winning would basically be at 99.99999999999999999% with the only possibility being an incompletion or a penalty.

no offense but that is one of the worst choke jobs not only in the history of videogame football, but i can't even think of a worse situation in real life. it is one step above roger craigs NFC championship game fumble :(

Lonestar

wee, beat the fuck out of those bastard Gamecocks, in front of 25 or so recruits. Almost a perfect game. Except my Backup QB gets injured for 4 weeks. So, Either Sim's will go Iron Man for a month, or I burn the redshirt off of one of my 2 young QB's.

I love the Poll's. #1 in the Coaches by a large margin...but I'm #2 in the Media. Behind Notre Dame. :lol

Lonestar

I was somehow wrong about the Coaches. Still #1, Still have most of the 1st place votes (43, 11 for Penn State, 1 for Florida), but I'm only leading by like 10 or 13 overall points over #2 Notre Dame, who has 0 First Place votes. I can't figure that out one bit.

why does the pac10 suck so much balls? at least you guys get to beat up on some ranked CPU teams. we get washington, washington state, oregon state, and ucla.... and they're all always horrible

Lonestar

You could drop 1 OOC human players each, since you play 2 every season anyway, and you can chose those constant CPU teams that always end up near the top of the polls. ACC teams, SEC East teams.

DMczaf said:
Hey look at that, FMT had 2 restarts against CPU Washington...

washington was beating me 58-0 and i couldn't handle it!

talk to tiburon about the freezes. i have the game installed and when i'm playing the cpu there have been moments in every game i played against the cpu where the game freezes as if its lagging. then the game froze. it has happened to me before!

i don't know what the cause is since i have the game installed. the inside circle of my disk is chipped but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. tough titties! i was stomping out washington in the first game and i did it again!

in other news, i tried starting keyes at qb. holy SHIT his accuracy is as bad as i remember. his stat line looks good but most of his incompletions were thrown to WIDE OPEN receivers and horribly overthrown or underthrown. it sucks because nottingham has a 99 accruacy but is dan marino slow. keyes has jamarcus russell but has some speed. i'll take the thrower everytime but i wish i could find a halfway decent scrambler who could throw like most of you :(

Lonestar said:
I did ok with McCarron the 2 previous seasons. He was all thrower, with sub 70 speed.

well im doing ok with nottingham, im not saying he sucks balls. but it'd be nice to escape pressure once in a while.

i also like how the CPU pass rushers are like fucking homing missles :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
id just like to say my game has never frozen. not even when i lost to pheeknicks. so i dont fully trust that excuse

CB3 said:
id just like to say my game has never frozen. not even when i lost to pheeknicks. so i dont fully trust that excuse

well you should hope for a repeat in our game cause i'm going to beat your ass again. i can't even remember the last time you beat me in a football game. you and dm, a couple losers trying to tear the conference champ down!

Lonestar

I had freezing problems early, but I'm hoping that one of the patches fixed that, because *knock on wood* it hasn't happened since. Though, it has frozen on me when exiting a game against a human player. Thankfully, the other person exiting the game got the game to count. I've also had the frozen recruiting screen in week 1 of this year, screwing up my recruiting a bit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well you should hope for a repeat in our game cause i'm going to beat your ass again. i can't even remember the last time you beat me in a football game. you and dm, a couple losers trying to tear the conference champ down!

I hope my game doesnt freeze if im losing!

Lonestar

I know it's odd, me bringing it up while having the QB with the current most passing yards, but he's been at least steady in the 400 passing yards every game. I felt good throwing 4 TD passes yesterday....not anymore :(

I believe we're all passing alot more than running. My run game is pretty below average against the CPU. They always bring the Run Blitz's if I run. My RB is now more of a goaline runner, than anything else.

Lonestar

That's ok. Ill make due with my centers that I have already

Will be disappointed if I don't get some commitments off the big visitor weekend

Top Bottom