• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Oh, ok.

I figured everyone would be using those once they went up.

BigAT

Nightz said:
:lol My top wide receiver is missing from these rosters.
:(
Yeah, Rutgers is missing one of their starting DTs. EA's fault, not the people that named the roster. Plus, they severely underrated one of our starting defensive tackles that was a Freshman All-American last year.

I'm still not feeling these sliders. I have no idea why that guy moved the cpu's pass coverage up and not down. I'm probably going to move mine back down to the default at least. Also, I'm having trouble understanding why he lowered human pass block and increased the cpu's pass rush. :lol

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I'm still not feeling these sliders. I have no idea why that guy moved the cpu's pass coverage up and not down. I'm probably going to move mine back down to the default at least. Also, I'm having trouble understanding why he lowered human pass block and increased the cpu's pass rush. :lol

For now, we're just gonna start on default All-American. If we have to change it in future seasons, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

GCQuinton said:
For now, we're just gonna start on default All-American. If we have to change it in future seasons, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Works for me. The corners cheat like hell with that guy's sliders. I was ok with the run game once I got used to it but the passing game with those sliders made it seem like he was trying to make the game hard even if you're playing less than stellar competition.

mjb3611

Hey guys, I'm working with some of my buddies on a dynasty and can't advance. Are you guys having this issue and if so, how did you troubleshoot it? The game is great minus these few hiccups so far.

mjb3611 said:
Hey guys, I'm working with some of my buddies on a dynasty and can't advance. Are you guys having this issue and if so, how did you troubleshoot it? The game is great minus these few hiccups so far.

We haven't started ours yet but EA is having some server issues the last couple of days so that's probably the cause. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon enough.

storybook77 said:

Not sure I understand those changes either, I've been playing basically this only since Tuesday and have found dropping AI coverage to 40 from 50 is pretty good. I did something with pass/rush block as well but can't recall off the top right now.

zero margin said:
Not sure I understand those changes either, I've been playing basically this only since Tuesday and have found dropping AI coverage to 40 from 50 is pretty good. I did something with pass/rush block as well but can't recall off the top right now.

I can only guess that he's one of those guys that see wide receivers getting wide open and assuming the game is "broken". The same people who think offensive lineman should block correctly on EVERY play. :lol

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
I have absolute no clue what I'm doing :lol

I still can't send you an invite. Check EA.com to see if your account's up.

And after you're in, all you've really got to do is get your recruiting stuff straight and wait for the season to start. I'll be taking care of the other heavy lifting on my end.

GCQuinton said:
I still can't send you an invite. Check EA.com to see if your account's up.

And after you're in, all you've really got to do is get your recruiting stuff straight and wait for the season to start. I'll be taking care of the other heavy lifting on my end.

I am already in. Trying to figure out this recruiting thing from within the online league page while at work.

BigAT

The only thing you guys need to do out of the preseason activities is redshirt players, everything else can be done during week 1 without a problem.

I guess the game takes away pipeline states as a result of doing All-American difficulty for recruiting. It did a pretty shitty job as Rutgers' pipeline states are Pennsylvania and Florida, when they should definitely be NJ/NY.

BigAT said:
The only thing you guys need to do out of the preseason activities is redshirt players, everything else can be done during week 1 without a problem.

I guess the game takes away pipeline states as a result of doing All-American difficulty for recruiting. It did a pretty shitty job as Rutgers' pipeline states are Pennsylvania and Florida, when they should definitely be NJ/NY.

Oh ok, where is the option to redshirt a player using the web browser? I don't see it.

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
Oh ok, where is the option to redshirt a player using the web browser? I don't see it.
You probably have to do it in game. I think not everything is doable through the website, just recruiting.

storybook77 said:
I can only guess that he's one of those guys that see wide receivers getting wide open and assuming the game is "broken". The same people who think offensive lineman should block correctly on EVERY play. :lol

Yup. Speaking of I tried playmakers sliders from the OS forums and holy fuck.. I'm obviously not the same caliber of player that those guys are. I got destroyed. I liked parts of it though.

BigAT

Are we going to be playing that you're not allowed to manually control wide receivers, similar to how it is in the Madden league? Having played a fair amount of games at this point, I definitely think it would be for the best if we did.

BigAT said:
Are we going to be playing that you're not allowed to manually control wide receivers, similar to how it is in the Madden league? Having played a fair amount of games at this point, I definitely think it would be for the best if we did.

I think that's the general rule for all "sim" leagues.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:

I don't think we've ever had that problem in this league, but yeah that goes without saying. Rule #1's always been the "catch all" rule as far as that stuff goes:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

Striker

Getting odd, annoying freezes.

I am just messing around in Road to Glory, wrapped up a game vs. Washington, shows my stats, and then says how it couldn't connect to the server, so the stats didn't save for my team. And now it's apparently locked up in the "Info: Updating highlight information, etc." screen. Grr. The game is also installed.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Striker said:
Getting odd, annoying freezes.

I am just messing around in Road to Glory, wrapped up a game vs. Washington, shows my stats, and then says how it couldn't connect to the server, so the stats didn't save for my team. And now it's apparently locked up in the "Info: Updating highlight information, etc." screen. Grr. The game is also installed.

It has to do with EA's servers, have had the same issues. They posted somewhere, I forgot where I read it, that they were having issues and stats wouldn't save for your team.

KanZolo

BigAT said:
Does that mean no user catch? Not sure what this means.

The way this game implements injuries is ham fisted to borrow an over used expression. If my QB scores a TD then suffers back spasms why ask me if I want to play him or rest him as soon as I go on defense? Ask when it's time for him to go back in not 10 minutes prior. The sheer amount of ticky tack injuries is also a bit much.

On another note just ran into a nice option bug, took off with the QB going behind the line and he got stuck running toward the sidelines no matter what I did, when he was almost out of bounds it gave me control back and I got a 1 yd gain. :lol

zero margin said:
The way this game implements injuries is ham fisted to borrow an over used expression. If my QB scores a TD then suffers back spasms why ask me if I want to play him or rest him as soon as I go on defense? Ask when it's time for him to go back in not 10 minutes prior. The sheer amount of ticky tack injuries is also a bit much.

On another note just ran into a nice option bug, took off with the QB going behind the line and he got stuck running toward the sidelines no matter what I did, when he was almost out of bounds it gave me control back and I got a 1 yd gain. :lol

i like the ticky tack injuries. it shouldn't always be like madden where you see 1 injury per game but its 6 games to a season.

my only problem is when you are playing online they skip all cutscenes (which is good), but it doesn't really tell you when someone is injured right away. you find out in a few plays when it says "WR so and so is out and will return soon". the only way you know right away is if your QB gets hurt and you're still on offense

BigAT said:

So if my QB gets hit (happens quite often with my shite line) and the ball pops up into the air I can't switch to someone and catch it?? So far I've seen with the weaker teams WR's have a hard enough time getting open already =/

Matrix

Any update on when we are starting?

Matrix

Cool, sounds good.

Striker

GCQuinton said:
Waiting on KanZolo to sign in so I can do scheduling (he said he was doing it this weekend). After that, we can start.
I assume we have four meetings with users, right? I know Bobdigi will be in my conference, as will Matrix (though he's in West).

OSU is up on my current schedule at Week 1. :lol That's pre-schedule changes, anyway.

GCQuinton

Striker said:
I assume we have four meetings with users, right? I know Bobdigi will be in my conference, as will Matrix (though he's in West).

OSU is up on my current schedule at Week 1. :lol That's pre-schedule changes, anyway.

I haven't even touched the schedules yet, so don't get used to them. All that's covered in the OP. Which reminds me, it's time for my semi-frequent post of:

READ THE OP, EVERYBODY!

Most of the questions you guys are asking are covered there.

GCQuinton

o60f0j.jpg

A new dawn. A new day. A new light. Are you feeling good? New players enter the battlefield, but the goal remains the same. A championship. Your name in lights. The spectacle. The glory. The off-season, filled with message board flames only the most distinguished of mods could put out is over, and it's time for some football! Get your Game Face (TM) on!

Alright guys, without further ado, here is the human-game schedule for season one.

South Carolina Gamecocks

Nevada Wolfpack
Arkansas Razorbacks
Texas Tech Red Raiders
Minnesota Gophers

Texas Tech Red Raiders

South Carolina Gamecocks
Houston Cougars
San Diego State Aztecs
NC State Wolfpack

UCF Knights

San Diego State Aztecs
Michigan State Spartans
Marshall Thundering Herd
Houston Cougars

Arkansas Razorbacks

UCF Knights
Michigan State Spartans
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Houston Cougars

Houston Cougars

Arkansas Razorbacks
UCF Knights
Michigan State Spartans
San Diego State Aztecs

Marshall Thundering Herd

Nevada Wolfpack
Minnesota Golden Gophers
UCF Knights
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Minnesota Golden Gophers

South Carolina Gamecocks
Marshall Thundering Herd
NC State Wolfpack
Nevada Wolfpack
Michigan State Spartans

NC State Wolfpack

Marshall Thundering Herd
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Golden Gophers
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Nevada Wolfpack

Marshall Thundering Herd
South Carolina Gamecocks
Minnesota Golden Gophers
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

San Diego State Aztecs

Houston Cougars
Arkansas Razorbacks
UCF Knights
Texas Tech Red Raiders

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Arkansas Razorbacks
Nevada Wolfpack
Marshall Thundering Herd
NC State Wolfpack

Michigan State Spartans

UCF Knights
Houston Cougars
NC State Wolfpack
Minnesota Golden Gophers

Scheduling Notes:

I tried to schedule as many late human games as I could for KanZolo due to his RROD situation, but with so much of his schedule locked I only had the first few weeks to change. Since I knew he wouldn't have his system ready for Week 1, I left it as is and scheduled weeks 2, 3, and 4 with human opponents.

Also, everybody has six home and six away games, with the exception of Rutgers with seven away games. Pack your suitcase!

Week One Preview Coming Shortly!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Minnesota (BigPapaHusker)
#20 Arkansas (mik) vs. Rutgers (BigAT4)
#25 Houston (Matrix) vs. San Diego State (Nightz)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Marshall (Striker)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. USF (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

It's Kickoff Week For Year 3 Of The Online Dynasty!
Houston's Chase Keenum In The Heisman Hunt Early
Az Renews Rivalry With storybook77 at Texas Tech
Commish Denies Claims of Forgetting To Add Rutgers' Schedule
When Will Michigan State's KanZolo Return?

Preseason Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #20
Houston - #25

NeoGAF Game of the Week

NC State vs. Texas Tech

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

Azwethinkweiz said:
Bring it, story!

:D

I'll probably be able to play later tonight if you're around. Watching the Braves right now.

I'll give you a better time frame when I'm sure whether or not my wife is going to want to watch a movie tonight when she gets home from work. We may have to do it tomorrow night.

Striker

Oh gawd, I'm going to be crushed. :\

MWS, I'll be around tonight after 7 if you are. I can't stay up too late, though.

storybook77 said:
:D

I'll probably be able to play later tonight if you're around. Watching the Braves right now.

I'll give you a better time frame when I'm sure whether or not my wife is going to want to watch a movie tonight when she gets home from work. We may have to do it tomorrow night.

I can't play tomorrow so if we can't do it tonight we'll have to wait until Tuesday.

Top Bottom