• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker

Mediocre team this year. I should've recrutied more WR's, but since it was the final season I didn't jump to the chance too strong. I did get a nice TE, so I suppose I have to find a way to utilize him properly. Wide receivers outside Mason, and to an extent, Thomas are weak. Torres can't catch a flu, but he's fast.

GCQuinton

Advanced to cut players! Get to it!

I'm not gonna have time to sit down and make the schedules today, I'll be taking care of that tomorrow morning. And no promises, but I'm gonna try (emphasis on "try") to give everybody four human opponents again since this is the last season.

GCQuinton said:
Advanced to cut players! Get to it!

I'm not gonna have time to sit down and make the schedules today, I'll be taking care of that tomorrow morning. And no promises, but I'm gonna try (emphasis on "try") to give everybody four human opponents again since this is the last season.
I'll be home at 5 and get it done then.

1189400881_1848666396_nevada_8.gif

Reno, Nevada

A day after firing Minnesota head coach Leslie Frazier the Vikings reached a five year agreement with Nevada offensive coordinator Calvin Hayes.

As Nevada's offensive coordinator the past six seasons Hayes oversaw an offense that finished in the top 3 in the NCAA in scoring each season and produced 3 Heisman trophy winners. Hayes was known for his emphasis on the running game balanced with a highly effective passing attack.

"My philosophy has always been ... it's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Hayes said. "You don't have to have everything on offense to score. So the philosophy would be, maximize every guy that you have. Ask him to do what he does best."

We were not able to reach Coach Natural for comment on this latest occurrence. It is unsure what Nevada's plans are to replace one of the best coordinators in college football.

ADHAJl.jpg

Reno, Nevada

It didn't take the Wolfpack long to find their new Offensive Coordinator, hiring one of the NFL's brightest offensive minds, Mike Martz.

"I have been a fan of Martz for many years and I think he is a real good fit for our program", said Coach Natural. "We have a plethora of athletes on the offensive side of the ball this year and he is definitely someone who will take advantage of that. With over 20 years of football experience at the highest level I knew Coach Martz would be able to step in and institute his system quickly and effectively."

Martz was excited about the opportunity to rejoin the sidelines after a 3 year hiatus from football. "There are a lot of really outstanding pieces there that we just need to tie together," Martz said. "If we can do that, they're so well-established in special teams and on defense, I think the potential and the opportunity there is pretty exciting. It's not a challenge, it's an opportunity, and that's the part I enjoy."

I am sure the Wolfpack faithful are excited to have Martz's talents in Reno.

GCQuinton

xfb6nr.jpg

It's finally here. After eight seasons of fast-flying, user catching controversies, shit talking owls, members rage-quitting, and storybook taking what sometimes felt like lifetimes to play his games, the final season of the NeoGAF NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty is upon us.

"We did good work boys," said commish GCQ. "Not much else to say, really. Let's wrap this baby up strong and have a great season!"

"Aside from the usual stuff I tell you guys about the schedules every season (no cupcakes, weird bye weeks, some teams with more home/away games, etc.), I had a bitch of a time scheduling Minnesota's third game because of our head count and Michigan not rotating into their schedule. My team, South Carolina, was literally the only team with an available spot that matched up with Minnesota's so in order to give him that third game, I now have four for the season."

The Human Game Schedule for The Ninth Season is as follows:

Cal
South Carolina
Rutgers
Michigan

Marshall
Rutgers
Michigan
South Carolina

Michigan
Marshall
Nevada
Cal

Minnesota
Rutgers
Nevada
South Carolina

Nevada
South Carolina
Minnesota
Michigan

Rutgers
Marshall
Minnesota
Cal

South Carolina
Nevada
Cal
Minnesota
Marshall

Week One Preview Coming Up!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

#25 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #4 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #21 Marshall (Striker)
#13 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #5 Texas Tech (CPU)

IDLE: #8 Cal (Nightz), #9 Michigan (KanZolo)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches
Nevada - #4 Coaches
Cal - #8 Coaches
Michigan - #9 Coaches
Minnesota - #13 Coaches
Marshall - #21 Coaches
South Carolina - #25 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Marshall

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

Just finished my game with Texas Tech. Holy crap.. now I know what Kanzolo was talking about when he played them last season. They are freaking rigged like OSU used to be. There were multiple instances where the oline was running down field with the RB because all my guys were pancaked. It was a freaking joke. Early on I would make a good play then get nailed and fumble or something stupid. I haven't looked at the ratings but I would assume they have multiple 95+ players.

RECAP:
Minnesota and Texas Tech both traded punts in their first possessions and in the following possessions, they both scored. Tied at 7 Tech went into "EA cheap mode" and the TT RB went 80 yards untouched after the O-line pancaked the whole Minnesota line, then ran downfield with him to pancake the safeties.. The next two drives TT went down the field with ease to make it a 28-7 game. With time running out in the 2nd quarter, Victor Johnson moved Minnesota down the field and scored with 1:30 left. Texas Tech's next drive took two play, another crazy run by their RB and then a lob pass into the corner of the endzone, to make it 35-14. The scoring didn't stop there as Minnesota backup QB Alan Cleveland took a 20yd run to the house with 17 seconds left. In one last gasp, Tech got into FG range after a botched interception by the Minnesota secondary. With the field goal, Tech led 38-21 at half.

In the second half, Minnesota's defense finally stepped up and stopped the Tech offense. In their first possession of the half, Victor Johnson took the option and kept it for a 10 yd TD. After going back and forth for the majority of the quarter, Minnesota RB Gandy caught a 20 yd pass from Johnson, late in the quarter, closing in on Tech, 38-35. The Minnesota D couldn't hold Tech scoreless, however, when in their first drive of the 4th quarter, the Tech QB moved them down the field and threw a TD pass with 4:15 left, 45-35. Minnesota got deep into Tech territory with under 2 minutes to go, but had to settle for a FG, pulling within 7. The Gophers, with not much time left, decided to kick an onside kick and got the recovery. Following the kick, Victor Johnson moved them down the field and scored himself to tie up the game 45-45 with 1:08 left. The Minnesota D stepped up once again and forced Tech to punt and after a good pass and scramble for Victor Johnson, Minnesota was in FG range with 4 seconds left. They lined up and made with FG as time expired, winning the game 48-45.

*PHEW*

BigAT

Striker, I'll be home the rest of the day if you happen to be around. Tomorrow I won't be around too much during the day, I would probably be able to play at night though.

Striker

BigAT said:
Striker, I'll be home the rest of the day if you happen to be around. Tomorrow I won't be around too much during the day, I would probably be able to play at night though.
I don't feel like doing much :\

Been feeling this way alot lately it seems. We can try to knock it out tomorrow once you're around. I'll have until 10 PM est then.

GG Commish. Jay Thompson shredded the D last time we played so I know the guys had some motivation going into the game. Tlhe Martz passing attack is still looking very shakey but I'm sure by end of season it will be a well oiled machine. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Please stop throwing at Alex Washington people!! =P

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
GG Commish. Jay Thompson shredded the D last time we played so I know the guys had some motivation going into the game. Tlhe Martz passing attack is still looking very shakey but I'm sure by end of season it will be a well oiled machine. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Please stop throwing at Alex Washington people!! =P

GG. JT is the only returning starter from that team that played you guys last and our offense, receivers included, are average at best this season so there was no way I was doing that again. I pulled him because I didn't want to potentially injure my top player for the long haul when the game was, for all intents and purposes, already over. His two picks sucked, yeah, but that had nothing to do with it.

GCQuinton said:
GG. JT is the only returning starter from that team that played you guys last and our offense, receivers included, are average at best this season so there was no way I was doing that again. I pulled him because I didn't want to potentially injure my top player for the long haul when the game was, for all intents and purposes, already over. His two picks sucked, yeah, but that had nothing to do with it.

Yeah I know I was just messing with you ;). I was actually surprised you caught AW sleeping on that bunch fade route, I figured that was you were running so I didn't jam but somehow he still got out of position. Being that he only gave up 6 passes all last year I didn't think #1 would come so early in the season =/. But seriously it's really such a gamble throwing over there, dude makes me pay in practice mode all the time lol.

Striker

gg AT. I thought some guys played a little above their head, i.e. true Freshman TE Scott Walker, and backup HB Cole Haumiller.

That last pass was a "please catch this" heave, but with McKenzie getting hit as he threw it kind of fell short. Your front seven kept me on my toes for sure. I had to do a lot of quick reads.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #7 Cal (Nightz)
#8 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #24 Marshall (Striker)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #10 Minnesota (BPH)
#4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches
Nevada - #4 Coaches
Cal - #7 Coaches
Michigan - #8 Coaches
Minnesota - #10 Coaches
Marshall - #24 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Minnesota

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

BigAT

Big Papa Husker said:
AT are you going to be around tonight?
I think so. I might be having people over at some point though so I'm not positive I'll be able to play. Earlier in the night (5-6 EST) would definitely work though.

BigAT said:
I think so. I might be having people over at some point though so I'm not positive I'll be able to play. Earlier in the night (5-6 EST) would definitely work though.
We might have to play tomorrow because I won't be off work until 6 EST.

That has to be the worst game I have played of NCAA in years... :| I think you need to be investigated for using a portal gun to get an interception.

GG :|

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
How so? That's in line with my usual scoring average for the past two seasons lol.

And that's actually my fault for not calling you on it for so long. I'm not gonna cause too much of a stink over it now since it's the last season, but I'm gonna be cracking down on this hard for NCAA 12. Don't know exactly how yet, but running up scores like this won't be a problem in next year's league.

Heads up for anyone still wanting to continue after "The Final Season" that I will be continuing the dynasty with a few other members. If you are interested, let me know and I will send an invite when I recover it once GCQ retires it.

Also GCQ, I know we are still a few months out, but I was curious how the league signups for NCAA12 will go? Will it be set up like the NCAA interest thread with the members of this dynasty getting 'first dibs' at membership in the league?

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
Heads up for anyone still wanting to continue after "The Final Season" that I will be continuing the dynasty with a few other members. If you are interested, let me know and I will send an invite when I recover it once GCQ retires it.

Also GCQ, I know we are still a few months out, but I was curious how the league signups for NCAA12 will go? Will it be set up like the NCAA interest thread with the members of this dynasty getting 'first dibs' at membership in the league?

Ask me in June. Can't imagine it'll be too much different than this years if the member limit's the same. Vets to this league have first priority, then we fill in the blanks.

GCQuinton said:
And that's actually my fault for not calling you on it for so long. I'm not gonna cause too much of a stink over it now since it's the last season, but I'm gonna be cracking down on this hard for NCAA 12. Don't know exactly how yet, but running up scores like this won't be a problem in next year's league.
Ok, will watch my scoring more closely.

Nightz

Wow, great game GCQ. We've had some epic battles recently. Pretty boring 1st half, but things got interesting in the 2nd half. I thought it was all over for me after my RB fumbled and you took advantage to get a 10 point lead. Robbie Owens was pretty clutch in the 4th. I wasn't expecting to get that last TD in that manner, but when I saw that no one was covering Whitaker I knew I had a chance, and thankfully he caught it. It was fun playing against you this dynasty, looking forward to it in NCAA 12!

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Wow, great game GCQ. We've had some epic battles recently. Pretty boring 1st half, but things got interesting in the 2nd half. I thought it was all over for me after my RB fumbled and you took advantage to get a 10 point lead. Robbie Owens was pretty clutch in the 4th. I wasn't expecting to get that last TD in that manner, but when I saw that no one was covering Whitaker I knew I had a chance, and thankfully he caught it. It was fun playing against you this dynasty, looking forward to it in NCAA 12!

Great game, man. Nothing much else to say, my defense blew it big time on that TD pass and you took advantage. Knowing that was a possibility was also the reason I went for it on 4th the possession before.

MWS Natural said:
Ok, will watch my scoring more closely.

Already read what you posted before. One thing I'm already going to do for NCAA 12 is change the three strikes rule to overall, not just seasonal and count ALL infractions with it. Get three strikes for whatever reason, you're out of the league end of story. Against humans is one thing, but against the CPU, I don't care if you run out of bounds every play and punt it when you're up 35+, I'm sick of seeing these scores.

Top Bottom