• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

I'm done. Striker-less Pitt couldn't move the ball at all against Minnesota's young but tough D. New Starting QB Shortell only lasted one series, that ended with him fumbling the ball away deep in Pitt territory. Edwards put the team on his back once again and rushed for 102yds and 1 TD, while adding 2 receptions for 25 yards.

EDIT: Holy shit... following my game with Mik I have a freaking gauntlet. #2 Wisconsin, #16 Michigan St, #4 Michigan, #11 Ohio State then finish out with #8 Houston. I would assume half of them will be lower than they are now, but DAMN...

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Three Games

Pittsburgh (Striker) vs Florida State
Miss State (storybook) vs #20 Auburn
Oregon State (mik) vs Air Force (Drizz)
Colorado (MrCWS) vs #24 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Navy (Nightz) vs #15 Fresno State
Rutgers (BigAT) vs #11 Cal (FMT)

IDLE: Army (GCQ), Minnesota (BPH), Clemson (Az)

Week Three Headlines

Rough Week For Service Academies As All Three Teams Lose
A Rare Sight: Army's DT Atimalala Earns POTW Honors After Loss To Cal
BPH, Minnesota Pick Decisive 24-3 Win Over Striker-Less Pitt
Ole Miss Barely Hanging Onto Top 25 Ranking After Two Straight Losses
Miss State's Nick Griffin Officially Joins The Heisman Race

Player Of The Week

Tala Atimalala, DT, Army 
0-25 Loss Against Cal
5 tackles, 3 TFL, ATK, 2 sacks

Rankings

Cal - #11 Coaches
Ole Miss - #24 Coaches

Game of the Week

Colorado vs Ole Miss

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

MrCWS83

I'm done. Striker-less Pitt couldn't move the ball at all against Minnesota's young but tough D. New Starting QB Shortell only lasted one series, that ended with him fumbling the ball away deep in Pitt territory. Edwards put the team on his back once again and rushed for 102yds and 1 TD, while adding 2 receptions for 25 yards.

EDIT: Holy shit... following my game with Mik I have a freaking gauntlet. #2 Wisconsin, #16 Michigan St, #4 Michigan, #11 Ohio State then finish out with #8 Houston. I would assume half of them will be lower than they are now, but DAMN...
STFU, a gauntlet of ranked CPU games? C'mon man. And you got to beat up someone's user team CPU style. Bogus, I'll be god damned if that ever happens to my team

MrCWS83

I played Az (Arizona State Edition), BPH, AT, and the Owl in consecutive games last season. With Army. THAT's a gauntlet.

Hell yeah! Granted I've had my struggles with the CPU so far in this dynasty, I don't put them up on a pedestal. He's lost I believe one game to the CPU with Minnesota and really shocks me. Human opponents is where the meat and cheese is. We're in the Big Ten for one reason, fuck his shit up!!!

Week 12, remember that

Nightz

WOOOOOO Navy with the huge upset on #15 Fresno State in triple OT! Close game throughout. CPU almost cheated me with a bogus holding call on my team on 3rd and inches at the end of regulation, causing a punt. They drove down the field at will but missed the game winning FG, sending the game into overtime. Traded TD's for a couple of periods, but I managed to hold them to a FG in the 3rd OT then got the TD for the win. Man my adrenaline is still pumping. Amazing game.

GCQuinton

WOOOOOO Navy with the huge upset on #15 Fresno State in triple OT! Close game throughout. CPU almost cheated me with a bogus holding call on my team on 3rd and inches at the end of regulation, causing a punt. They drove down the field at will but missed the game winning FG, sending the game into overtime. Traded TD's for a couple of periods, but I managed to hold them to a FG in the 3rd OT then got the TD for the win. Man my adrenaline is still pumping. Amazing game.

Hoping for something similar when we hit the blue turf at Boise in a few weeks.

Striker

My offense in general stinks. :|

Just finished my game vs. FSU, had to rely on my Fresh WR Jared Allen to win. The other WR's were dropping balls and Gonzalez kept getting sacked. FSU's rush were ferocious.

Got the win with a FG with no time to spare.

GCQuinton

Week Three Scores:

Pittsburgh (Striker) 27, Florida State 24
Navy (Nightz) 37, #15 Fresno State 34

Week Three Games Remaining:

Oregon State (mik) vs Air Force (Drizz)
Rutgers (BigAT) vs #11 Cal (FMT)

Deadline is TONIGHT (it's Saturday technically), and I will SIM if they aren't played!

EDIT: Deadline's still Sunday. Forgot to double check that when I went to bed.

MrCWS83

Week Three Scores:

Deadline is TONIGHT (it's Saturday technically), and I will SIM if they aren't played!
WHAT? You originally said the deadline was Sunday WTF is this? Owl and I are going to play Sunday...the day of the deadline

GCQuinton

WHAT? You originally said the deadline was Sunday WTF is this? Owl and I are going to play Sunday...the day of the deadline

Oops, yeah you're right. It's still Sunday! Was heading to bed when I checked that. Still, two games played in two nights is slow as hell, folks. Get to it! If this was a majority CPU week the deadline would have been tonight.

MrCWS83

Oops, yeah you're right. It's still Sunday! Was heading to bed when I checked that. Still, two games played in two nights is slow as hell, folks. Get to it! If this was a majority CPU week the deadline would have been tonight.
Wheewww...I was pissed off when I read that lol. We'll get our game in tomorrow and I'm off all week so I'll be more prompt

gg bigat. that was a furious comeback at the end i was lucky to hold on. it shouldn't have come to that because i had the right call on my 3rd and 2 with the toss but i didn't think to put my speedier guy at RB, then you ran down my other guy :(

BigAT

GG FMT, game wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. I couldn't really get anything going on offense early on, a couple little setbacks knocked me out of rhythm. The drop from my wide open TE on 3rd down on my second drive was a real momentum killer. I didn't realize how good your team was, especially on defense.

GG FMT, game wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. I couldn't really get anything going on offense early on, a couple little setbacks knocked me out of rhythm. The drop from my wide open TE on 3rd down on my second drive was a real momentum killer. I didn't realize how good your team was, especially on defense.

i'm just playing with the team nightz built! we are winning for you nightz!

MrCWS83

Owl if you read this name a time you want to play tomorrow

EDIT: Owl hunting is frustrating, if you hear a hoot let me know. F@#% me

GG Mik. Got a bit of help from the ncaa gods on both of Franklin's TDs (QB did a ballerina twirl on a screen to complete the pass), but can't blame me for goin deep again and again. Kept going after that user safety, caught you a few times having him on my slot with no help. I need to work on my secondary skills, I cant user defend the run if I'm a LB or Safety. It's so much easier to play D in madden lol.

GCQuinton

Week Three Scores:

Air Force (Drizz) 35, Oregon State (mik) 32
#11 Cal (FMT) 20, Rutgers (BigAT) 17

MrCWS83

Started our game and we got disconnected. The EA servers aren't available at this time. That's my fucking luck. I'm this close to saying fuck it and just sim it. I can't catch that speedy fucking RB of his anyway

GCQuinton

Week Three Scores:

Air Force (Drizz) 35, Oregon State (mik) 32
#11 Cal (FMT) 20, Rutgers (BigAT) 17
#24 Ole Miss (KanZolo) 27, Colorado (MrCWS) 7

And the Storybook Game of the Week!

MrCWS83

I wasn't going to do this until you padded your RB stats towards the end and kicked a field goal as time expired.

41577_74440114906_468568_n.jpg

Clearly you have the better team and I could only force you to some turnovers, no punts. I laid it all out on the line being you had a 14-0 lead in our game that ended abrubtly to disconnection and this game I had chances but again fell behind 14-0. It felt like 28-0 combining the other game. So hopefully you're fucking running back will win the Heisman. Oh, before I forget. GG

KanZolo

I wasn't padding my RB stats, I was treating you with the respect you deserved-which after you went for it on 4th and 10 in middle of 3rd Q only down 14-0, you didn't deserve any.

If I wanted to score a TD at the end of the game, I would have.

GCQuinton

I wasn't padding my RB stats, I was treating you with the respect you deserved-which after you went for it on 4th and 10 in middle of 3rd Q only down 14-0, you didn't deserve any.

Where on the field? If it was on your side with that score at that point the game, I really don't see a problem with that. If it was on his side, that's all the more risk to him making the score worse for himself.

MrCWS83

I explained myself clearly...you were dominating, both before being disconnected and the present game we had. I had a dropped TD pass off the guys finger tips just before the half to tie the game. I'm not mad you kicked the field goal, I'm mad I couldn't stop you. Got two picks but zero punts. My team is shit compared to yours. So I'll end this matter with a great big Fuck you (directed to Owl)

MrCWS83

Where on the field?

In my own territory, I want to say around the 30 to the 40...it wasn't wise but I wasn't stopping him. I was holding on to the ball and barely getting first downs to maintain possession. I needed to take a chance if I were to stay in the game or it was over then. Do what you feel you need to do

Well if I was being dominated, I would have went for it too. If you punt and he scores, its over - no chance, but If I got the first down and maybe followed it with a touchdown, I'd be back in the game. I see no problem with it.

GCQuinton

In my own territory, I want to say around the 30 to the 40...it wasn't wise but I wasn't stopping him. I was holding on to the ball and barely getting first downs to maintain possession. I needed to take a chance if I were to stay in the game or it was over then. Do what you feel you need to do

Back off the ledge, pal!

Going for it on 4th and 10 in your own territory down 14-0 is extremely questionable playcalling, but if that was the only time you did it I've got no problems with it.

And no need to twist the knife, Owl. You already had the game.

KanZolo

yea somewhere between his 30-40. If I was in his situation, I wouldn't have done it. Even with an not as skilled team. While being "dominated" he was only down 14 with plenty of time.

If we were playing for fun and not in this online dynasty or if he was down by 3 or 4 scores, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Wasn't even going to bring it up until I got flipped the bird because it wasn't a huge deal and I won so it doesn't matter.

Top Bottom