• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Striker

When are you advancing? I have to go into work and will get home around 7. I'll do my redshirting and recruit set up then in the morning, if that's OK.

GCQuinton

I'll be doing schedules in the morning/afternoon sometime, and advancing immediately after like always. If you miss the preseason, then just take care of your recruiting board in Week 1. As far as redshirts go, just bury them in the depth chart so they won't play.

MrCWS83

I don't plan on getting home until noon EST tomorrow so I guess that takes care of that for me. It doesn't make a difference in recruiting if you set the board before week 1 does it?

GCQuinton

BTW Nightz and Drizz, service academies don't redshirt players in real life (if you didn't already know that), but the game will probably do it for some of your players anyway like it did mine. Just a heads up in case you guys were trying to go about that somewhat realistically.

MrCWS83

BTW Nightz and Drizz, service academies don't redshirt players in real life (if you didn't already know that), but the game will probably do it for some of your players anyway like it did mine. Just a heads up in case you guys were trying to go about that somewhat realistically.

I don't think they really recruit athletes in real life either. I thought we were doing our own thing in this dynasty, realistic went out the window long ago!!!!

Nightz

Forget realistic, I'm sending a bunch of kids to repeat bootcamp!

GCQuinton

I don't think they really recruit athletes in real life either. I thought we were doing our own thing in this dynasty, realistic went out the window long ago!!!!

One of my best friends played at West Point. They do recruit. There's just a whole lotta extra stuff that goes with it being at one of those schools, naturally, so it's a bit different than traditional recruiting.

But yeah, for this game that's practically out the window. Just sayin'!

GCQuinton

AT, you've got two consecutive bye weeks in your schedule. Get ready for it! No way around it with all your locked conference games at the bottom of the schedule.

BigAT

AT, you've got two consecutive bye weeks in your schedule. Get ready for it! No way around it with all your locked conference games at the bottom of the schedule.

JITIg.jpg

MrCWS83

One of my best friends played at West Point. They do recruit. There's just a whole lotta extra stuff that goes with it being at one of those schools, naturally, so it's a bit different than traditional recruiting.

But yeah, for this game that's practically out the window. Just sayin'!
Yep I got to imagine they recruit some what but more restricted to real exceptional students, willing to serve the country first rather than attempting playing professional sports. Ex. David Robinson. That's pretty cool your buddy played there

GCQuinton

Season%20Four%20%28Teams%29.jpg

Notes From The Commish:

We're back at a full 12 members for Season Four! The first time since Season One!

Like the Back Yard Brawl last season, the Clemson-South Carolina rivalry game is officially dead. With the superconference structure in place, there was no room to fit it in without sacrificing a human game. That said, Clemson has four other rivalry games and SC not being there shouldn't affect any contracts.

As always, there's the usual wacky stuff: consecutive byes (notably AT this season due to the Big East conference schedule), some people with more home than away games, etc.

I had to schedule Pitt-Ole Miss for the second year in a row, but other than that everyone should have new schedules aside from your conference games (or in the service academies's case, the rivalries)

Human Game Schedule For Season Four

Air Force
Miss State
Oregon State
Navy
Army

Army
Colorado
Cal
Air Force
Navy

Cal
Pitt
Army
Rutgers
Oregon State

Clemson
Rutgers
Ole Miss
Pitt
Navy

Colorado
Army
Rutgers
Ole Miss
Minnesota

Minnesota
Miss State
Pitt
Oregon State
Colorado

Miss State
Minnesota
Air Force
Rutgers
Ole Miss

Navy
Oregon State
Air Force
Clemson
Army

Ole Miss
Pitt
Clemson
Colorado
Miss State

Oregon State
Navy
Air Force
Minnesota
Cal

Pitt
Ole Miss
Minnesota
Clemson
Cal

Rutgers

Clemson
Colorado
Cal
Miss State

Week One Preview coming up!!

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

Army (GCQ) vs Colorado (MrCWS)
Minnesota (BPH) vs Miss State (storybook)
Pitt (Striker) vs #5 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Navy (Nightz) vs Hawaii
Clemson (Az) vs #18 Rutgers (BigAT)
Air Force (Drizz) vs Bowling Green

IDLE: Oregon State (mik), #14 Cal (FMT)

Week One Headlines

Same Faces, New Places: Az, Nightz Take Over New Teams
With A Top Five Ranking And Heisman Frontrunner, Ole Miss Is Looking Good
Colorado Makes The Move To The Big Ten, But How Will They Do?
Here Comes A New Challenger! Drizz Joins League As Air Force

Rankings

Ole Miss - #5 Coaches
Cal - #14 Coaches
Rutgers - #18 Coaches

Game of the Week

Clemson vs Rutgers

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

MrCWS83

GG CWS. Turnovers killed me.

On the bright side, I finally have a decent QB!!
That was a GG. Your ko fumble was the real stinker. The fumble on the punt was fortunate for me, the kicking meter didn't stop where I wanted it to and not at all for that matter

You seem to have athletic skill players. I was pleased with mine. Good luck the rest of the way

Well my D played well (3 picks with one scoring the only td), Kicker was 1/3, QB was 7/20 with 3 picks, 25% RZP :X. Luckily my RB had over 100 yards and let me run out the clock at the end. Real problem was the turnovers. Need to figure out this team offensively, not gonna be playing bowling green every week. Could've just been the pouring down rain though..

edit:
So I have somehow failed the "Win 75% of your conference games each season" goal. How? Haven't even played a conference game yet.

Nightz

Yeah for some reason I already have 2 goals accomplished and 1 failed. I think it counted last season's results in the equation.

Off to a good start. Turned Navy into a pro style offense. First play from scrimmage was a 73 yard run for a TD by my sophomore HB. Too bad he got hurt in the third quarter because he would definitely have gone for 200+ in that game. Looking forward to the next game!

GCQuinton

Week One Scores:

Colorado (MrCWS) 38, Army (GCQ) 28
Navy (Nightz) 34, Hawaii 21
Air Force (Drizz) 10, Bowling Green 7

Week One Games Remaining:

Minnesota (BPH) vs Miss State (storybook)
Pitt (Striker) vs #5 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Clemson (Az) vs #18 Rutgers (BigAT)

Deadline's tomorrow!

BigAT

Ugh, my starting quarterback went down after his second pass attempt of the game, knocked out for 8 weeks. My backup quarterback didn't get such a lengthy time in the game, he was knocked out for the entire game without attempting a single pass attempt. Two Rutgers pass attempts for the game, two quarterbacks knocked out...

That left me with...nothing. I had to go and burn the redshirt on my 3-star, true freshman QB and use him for the remaining three quarters of the game. Needless to say, this made me incredibly predictable on offense and fairly easy to shut down.

My defense played well for a time, but I couldn't expect them to shut down the shotgun running scheme for four quarters, it's impossible. Eventually they fell apart and gave up some big plays, letting the game slip away.

GG Az, what a rough way to start the season.

GCQuinton

AT'll bounce back, he always does. It's looking like the Owl has a nice shot at the title this year provided he doesn't slip up like last season. FMT has a chance to get in the running with Cal, too.

Top Bottom