• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

BigAT

If you restart because a game isn't going your way, it should be an automatic loss to start and then numerous penalties on top of that. What reason could you have to restart a game 3 times? Like Owl said, I have only had a couple of times I ever have had to restart a game because of power loss or whatever and have usually posted about it as it happened.

KanZolo

If you restart because a game isn't going your way, it should be an automatic loss to start and then numerous penalties on top of that. What reason could you have to restart a game 3 times? Like Owl said, I have only had a couple of times I ever have had to restart a game because of power loss or whatever and have usually posted about it as it happened.
Unfortunately there's no way to tell.

You need 3 restarts if you really suck or are missing your starting qb and hb or in Babe's case, both.

GCQuinton

Oh, really? I thought that wasn't up for discussion last season? :p

I don't think I'd ever say that regarding modifying anything, but at the time the majority was cool with it. But enough people complained about it eventually, though, that I changed it.

Still waiting to hear from BS on that since there's no way I can tell what happened, but the worst I could do in that situation is throw his results out. He could still get the win from a sim. But yeah, that would be in addition to my penalty for it. But 3 jumps out at you.

In other news, NC State is officially bowl eligible with our last win over Maryland. Our game against UNC next week is a big one.

I believe when it says 3 restarts it means you've played a total of 3 times, or 2 real restarts. I know this because it has said 2 restarts for me in the past when I've had to replay a game.

KanZolo

I believe when it says 3 restarts it means you've played a total of 3 times, or 2 real restarts. I know this because it has said 2 restarts for me in the past when I've had to replay a game.
Yeah from some reason 2 restarts means 2 starts, at least in previous years.

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
4 games left, I got out of UGA alive! My schedule is pretty easy from here on out, I like my chances.

Well that's one Top 10 team down. Good luck to the other two in making some changes to the Top 25 landscape. With Oklahoma missing their center and speed back, the time for upset is ripe! The question is if Wisconsin's "probable" speed back will shrug off that broken tailbone.

Ha! Sorry storybook :D

Didn't know they weren't allowed, wasn't ok with my already back up QB being injured as well, can't remember why the second time. Fine with implementing a rule, just figured I'd take advantage since didn't know it was an issue.

I made the mistake of reading some of the foolishness over at Operation Sports. Some people will just never be happy.

NCAA before: "God I wish they would get of the unrealistic spidey sense of the LBs and secondary"

NCAA now: "My secondary plays like garbage. They make too many mistakes. Why aren't they playing exactly like they are supposed to on every play?!?!"

I refuse to believe these people watch games week in and week out on tv save for Sportscenter. I mean how many TDs are scored because someone played the wrong assignment or bit up on a shallow route in zone while another guy ran behind them.

Yes, there are some quirks but it seems that might be addressing those in the update but overall I feel its the best "feel" of the passing game both offensively and defensively we've ever had.

GCQuinton

Didn't know they weren't allowed, wasn't ok with my already back up QB being injured as well, can't remember why the second time. Fine with implementing a rule, just figured I'd take advantage since didn't know it was an issue.

castle_confused.gif

Lemme get this straight...you deliberately restarted a game TWICE because a player got hurt and didn't think it would be an issue? Did somebody seriously have to tell you this when you're playing in a sim league? If you can't do it against a human player why would you even think to do it against the CPU?? I'm giving you a warning solely on that.

I made the mistake of reading some of the foolishness over at Operation Sports. Some people will just never be happy.

NCAA before: "God I wish they would get of the unrealistic spidey sense of the LBs and secondary"

NCAA now: "My secondary plays like garbage. They make too many mistakes. Why aren't they playing exactly like they are supposed to on every play?!?!"

I refuse to believe these people watch games week in and week out on tv save for Sportscenter. I mean how many TDs are scored because someone played the wrong assignment or bit up on a shallow route in zone while another guy ran behind them.

Yes, there are some quirks but it seems that might be addressing those in the update but overall I feel its the best "feel" of the passing game both offensively and defensively we've ever had.

Really just want some of the glitches fixed I haven't ran into too many actual gameplay problems. I view those people the same way I view the Dota 2 or SC2 balance trolls they will never be satisfied.

castle_confused.gif

Lemme get this straight...you deliberately restarted a game TWICE because a player got hurt and didn't think it would be an issue? Did somebody seriously have to tell you this when you're playing in a sim league? If you can't do it against a human player why would you even think to do it against the CPU?? I'm giving you a warning solely on that.

Fair enough. Sorry for the problem.

Ramirez

I feel like the defense is borderline retarded, especially in human games. It's nigh impossible to stop anyone unless you pick them off, and with the nerfs to manual D it's not even easy to do that...

Nightz

One thing I wish we could see from the website is the coaching stuff. I'd like to see how I'm doing on my goals and my job security.

Glad to see I'm ranked #15 in recruiting though. I think I have the most guys signed in the NCAA at 15. Alabama's next with 14.

UPSET CITY! I just beat #3 Wisconsin 9-3. I intercepted their QB 4 times and completely stuffed their running game. Heh, neither team had 100 yards of total offense. LOL

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Ten Games

#23 NC State (GCQ) vs #17 North Carolina
#12 Kentucky (Ramirez) vs Missouri
Ohio (Striker) vs Miami (of Ohio)
SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs Memphis
#5 Kansas State (Az) vs #15 Texas Tech
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #4 Arkansas
Fresno State (mik) vs New Mexico
Kansas (storybook) vs #6 Texas
San Diego State (Nightz) vs UNLV
Utah State (BabeSlayer) vs Texas-San Antonio
Minnesota (BPH) vs Purdue

OPEN: Rutgers (BigAT)

Week Ten Headlines

After A Wild Week, Kansas State Jumps Five Spots Into The Top Five....
...But Kentucky Jumps 14 Spots To No. 2 In The Media Poll
Minnesota Gets Huge Upset Win Over Wisconsin
BabeSlayer Openly Admits To Cheating, Hating Rap Music
San Diego State Leads League In Recruiting So Far

Rankings

Kansas State - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #4 BCS
Kentucky - #12 Coaches, #2 Media, #5 BCS
NC State - #23 Coaches, #24 Media, #23 BCS
SMU - #23 Media, #24 BCS

Player of the Week

Arthur Brown, MLB, Kansas State
42-14 W Against West Virgini
12 tackles, 12 TFL, 3 ATK, 9 sacks 

Game of the Week

NC State vs North Carolina

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

Just an FYI, it's going to say I restarted (and I did) but it's because the game locked up. I was winning and I kicked a field goal as the half ended. Since it was a score I guess they thought they had to do an in-game score update and it locked up during the update. Don't know if that's a bug where it locks up during an update while trying to go to halftime at the same time.

GCQuinton

#23 NC State gets their first shutout of the Bill Cowher era, blanking #17 North Carolina 38-0. Really wasn't expecting that but my secondary stepped up bigtime to rattle their redshirt freshman QB. He's already rated an 80, though, so I imagine he's gonna be a problem down the line.

GCQuinton

First title update is apparently live. Fixes the following:

The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony.

The big one's next month.

Striker

I've had an issue where it freezes on your playcall screen, but you just press B to go back to your formations.

Anywho, defense took care of the Miami Redhawks. Outside one deep pass the defense thoroughly contained, and kept the pressure up. My ends like to tire out fairly easily, for some reason, despite them hardly being on the field (nearly 5 mins). My LT allowed his 7th sack, dang turnstile out there

Top Bottom