• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Might actually have to move it to tomorrow, unless you happen to be home earlier than that. One of my friends is moving next week so we're doing a bunch of shit for him.

I'm home now. I am heading out for the night at about 6:30-7:00, maybe a bit earlier. I'm on AIM so send me a message when you want to play.

I have sent him a PM as well. :)

Good Game AT. My team's talent level was apparent (its shit)- your lines completely dominated. I think these guys are even worse than they were last year and it will probably be year 3 or 4 before I even get into a conference title game.

BigAT

Good Game AT. My team's talent level was apparent (its shit)- your lines completely dominated. I think these guys are even worse than they were last year and it will probably be year 3 or 4 before I even get into a conference title game.

GG, I was indeed pleased going into the game after I saw the depth chart for both of your lines.

Is anyone else not really a fan of what they did with defensive player alignment and how it reacts to how the offense is setup? I find myself fighting against it and trying to make changes after I call the play far too often.

GCQuinton

Is anyone else not really a fan of what they did with defensive player alignment and how it reacts to how the offense is setup? I find myself fighting against it and trying to make changes after I call the play far too often.

I prefer it and wonder why it wasn't in the game before now, actually. It never made sense to me that a player would just stay in a preset zone position knowing an open man was on the other side of the field in the slot. It practically gave what you were calling away. I don't make nearly as many defensive alignment changes as I used to.

BigAT

I prefer it and wonder why it wasn't in the game before now, actually. It never made sense to me that a player would just stay in a preset zone position knowing an open man was on the other side of the field in the slot. I don't make nearly as many defensive alignment changes as I used to.

There's parts of it I like, but parts I don't. It feels like it is inconsistent, which makes it frustrating to have to check every play.

Like calling nickel man defense against 3-1-1 would line up properly regardless of whether or not you flipped your defense. Now, your CBs don't always match up against the WRs and you need to flip the play. Happened a lot to me against BPH since he often had his third receiver on the right side of the field.

GCQuinton

A little reminder of the rules in the OP to certain teams that haven't done their recruiting yet:

7. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played, regardless of when the deadline is. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it. It doesn't take that long to do, and you can do it from practically anywhere now thanks to the web features. Hate to be an ass about this one, but I gotta keep things moving. If you don't want to handle the recruiting yourself, let the CPU take over and set the "Ready to Advance" notice so we can move on.

Striker

Az, you use the Pistol?

It's Ohio's default and it didn't go over well with me versus Ram, lol. Mainly because I don't like the run plays - maybe there's different variants. Too many option runs for my taste. I like the TE involvement, though.

GG Ram, defense couldn't stop anyways. It'll be fun versus Owl too I'm sure lol. :(

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Two Games

NC State (GCQ) vs SMU (EEK tha Cat)
Kentucky (Ramirez) vs Rutgers (BigAT)
#13 Kansas State (Az) vs San Diego State (Nightz)
Fresno State (mik) vs Tulsa
Kansas (storybook) vs Minnesota (BPH)
Utah State (BabeSlayer) vs Utah

OPEN: Ohio (Striker), Ole Miss (KanZolo)

Week Two Headlines

NC State Wins 35-28 OT Thriller Against Fresno State
EEK tha Cat Wins GAF League Debut In 17-10 Win Over San Diego State
Big 12 Teams Itching To Get To Work After First Week Off
Kentucky Packs Their Bags For Piscataway To Face Rutgers

Player of the Week

Sterling Lucas, MLB, NC State
35-28 W Against Fresno State
5 tackles, 2 TFL, 3 ATK, sack, FF

Game of the Week

Kentucky vs Rutgers

WEEK 2 DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

Ramirez

I hate defense in general in this game. I don't know what they did to the momentum system on the defensive side, but it is nearly impossible to make open field tackles or get any where close to batting a ball down, much less intercepting it.

GG Striker, I really thought I was gonna get blown out by you when cpu Ohio beat me soundly the other day, lol. UK was so much better in the game last year. :(

Striker

Had three drops that game, too. Waters with two and one may have been a TD. :|

Recruited for this week. Got a 2* receiver lol. I need so much more.

KanZolo

Az, you use the Pistol?

It's Ohio's default and it didn't go over well with me versus Ram, lol. Mainly because I don't like the run plays - maybe there's different variants. Too many option runs for my taste. I like the TE involvement, though.

GG Ram, defense couldn't stop anyways. It'll be fun versus Owl too I'm sure lol. :(

I'll be out of town so you'll face the CPU

BigAT

GG Ram, some serious failings from my defense towards the end of that game.

Just a PSA for everyone, be wary if someone runs hurry-up against you. There's currently a bug that can cause like your entire defense to be put into QB spy mode with no assignment.

Ramirez

GG Ram, some serious failings from my defense towards the end of that game.

Just a PSA for everyone, be wary if someone runs hurry-up against you. There's currently a bug that can cause like your entire defense to be put into QB spy mode with no assignment.

GG dude, I felt like my WRs could get no separation on any routes, it was quite depressing. Without the punt return (my first one in years!) I wouldn't have been in the game...

I noticed the spy thing earlier against Striker, it only made two of my guys spy though, the rest lined up in man, although it left one of his TEs uncovered, heh.

GOTW didn't disappoint though, we went into 3 OTs I think.

BigAT

GG dude, I felt like my WRs could get no separation on any routes, it was quite depressing. Without the punt return (my first one in years!) I wouldn't have been in the game...

I noticed the spy thing earlier against Striker, it only made two of my guys spy though, the rest lined up in man, although it left one of his TEs uncovered, heh.

GOTW didn't disappoint though, we went into 3 OTs I think.

They ran curl routes like absolute champs though, plenty of separation of those at the end of the game. I think it was "only" double OT.

Ramirez

They ran curl routes like absolute champs though, plenty of separation of those at the end of the game. I think it was "only" double OT.

Curl routes are pretty money this year is the DBs are playing off, especially since the WRs actually go back to the ball.

I was impressed by your manual Safety play on runs, I've watched FMT & CB whiff on me so many times in the scrims we played, heh.

Nightz

GG Az. My QB is horrible, my O-line is disgustingly bad and my defense blows. Looks like I'll be the offensive coordinator for Idaho in year 2 again.

GG Az. My QB is horrible, my O-line is disgustingly bad and my defense blows. Looks like I'll be the offensive coordinator for Idaho in year 2 again.

GG, man. I got a couple breaks there that helped me out. My first play from scrimmage was a WR screen and you had it covered perfectly so I just chucked it up to my only other receiving option and somehow he caught it in double coverage and ran for the TD. I thought you did a really awesome job stopping the run though. I couldn't get anything going. You were in the backfield all day.

GCQuinton

Week Three Games

NC State (GCQ) vs #12 Kansas State (Az)
Kentucky (Ramirez) vs #8 Alabama
Ohio (Striker) vs Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Kansas (storybook) vs San Diego State (Nightz)

OPEN: SMU (EEK tha Cat), Fresno State (mik), Utah State (BabeSlayer), Rutgers (BigAT), Minnesota (BPH)

Week Three Headlines

Game of the Week Doesn't Disappoint As Kentucky Edges Rutgers In OT
Utah State Beats Rival Utah In High Scoring Affair
NC State Barely Edges Tough SMU Squad
Five Teams Enjoy An Early Open Week

Rankings

Kansas State - #12 Coaches

Player of the Week

Travis Van Leeuwen, WR, Utah State
55-38 W Against Utah
6 receptions for 308 yards, 4 TD

Game of the Week

NC State vs Kansas State

WEEK 3 DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

GCQuinton

With KanZolo and story on Autopilot the only real user game is NC State-Kansas State.

I should be free all day tomorrow, Az. Let me know.

Player of the week! Player of the week!

Sorry just have to enjoy it while I can :)

Althought the win is bitter sweet senior HB is out for the season, senior corner back done for 5 weeks, heavy losses....

GG Az. Couldn't get anything going in that second game at all.

Ram and Striker's CPU games are last up.

GG man. I feel you on that. I think I got a better understanding of your offense after the first game so it sucks that the reset happened because I feel I was able to use it to shut you down. Didn't help that you had two fumbles and an int(which I believe was deep in my territory) either. Also, I'm pretty sure my TD right before the half was out of bounds and it's pretty garbage that you can't challenge in human games.

GG man. I feel you on that. I think I got a better understanding of your offense after the first game so it sucks that the reset happened because I feel I was able to use it to shut you down. Didn't help that you had two fumbles and an int(which I believe was deep in my territory) either. Also, I'm pretty sure my TD right before the half was out of bounds and it's pretty garbage that you can't challenge in human games.

Hold up you can't challenge in Human games why's that?

Ramirez

Ugh, threw 6 INTs in the rain. Had two colossal drops on 1st downs, one of which would have been an easy TD, WR broke the press, no one near him, dropped. One INT, my TE dropped it, a LB facing the opposite direction turns around and Polamalu's it with his fingertips...

Striker

Jeesh, CPU can create a nerve-racking game. Just basic things in the game that didn't fall my way. Fortunately I did come away with a win, somehow, but it wasn't until the last minute and a half until I didn't close the door.

- Drops, one resulted into a pick off my WR's hands, another was a wide open two point conversion earlier in the game
- lost HB Boykins at the beginning of the 3rd
- Ole Miss throws two bombs to wide open WR's, akin to the 1998 Minnesota Viking days

Offense is definitely something I'll need to improve by adding better athletes. I can only pray to compete or keep the score close versus human players.

GCQuinton

Week Four Games

NC State (GCQ) vs Utah State (BabeSlayer)
Kentucky (Ramirez) vs Minnesota (BPH)
Ohio (Striker) vs Fresno State (mik)
SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs #12 Kansas State (Az)
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #10 South Carolina
Kansas (storybook) vs #15 TCU
Rutgers (BigAT) vs USF

OPEN: San Diego State (Nightz)

Week Four Headlines

Dat Vance! League Progresses In A Little Over 12 Hours
Kansas State Completely Shuts Down NC State
Ohio Scores Huge Upset Win Against Kansas
Kentucky Almost Pulls Off The Impossible, But Falls To Alabama

Rankings

Kansas State - #12 Coaches

Player of the Week