• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I will be around early friday evening, but this is my birthday weekend so I am partying hard Thursday-Sunday nights. Saturday afternoon would probably be best.

Here is my availability to start a game:

Thurs: 9PM - 11PM
Friday: 6PM - 7PM
Saturday: 11AM - 6PM
Sunday 4PM - 7PM

All times EST!

Speaking of which.... We're gonna have a ****ing TON of lag. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is completely unplayable.

Looks like Saturday is going to have to be the day. I dont even get back until 10 pm on Thursday PST. Friday I will probably pull a 12 hour shift getting caught up. Saturday it is!! If the lag makes the game completlely unplayable, I'll settle for co-champion!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Eekk!!! I guess my attempt at empathy there was a bust!!:lol We'll play and there will be a winnar!! :D

And it will be you. :(

I've been hearing (or reading, rather) stories of your ownage. Your play style is perfectly set up to take advantage of my weaknesses. This stinks. I will be below .500 in GAF Madden superbowls again.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

I've been hearing (or reading, rather) stories of your ownage. Your play style is perfectly set up to take advantage of my weaknesses. This stinks. I will be below .500 in GAF Madden superbowls again.
...with that statement, Wellie brings home the GAF trophy...

DCX

Wellington said:

I don't even know my own "play style", I am pretty comfortable grinding it out or airing it out. I prefer airing it out as it takes the tension out the game pretty quickly, but I realize that isn't happening consistently vs. this level of competition. It really depends on the choices you make with your defense.This advantage you speak of will will not help me one bit. We've never played, and I haven't researched your style at all. It would probably be smart to do that, but the game should be more exciting with the challenge. Don't think for one second I am going to come in thinking I'm the favorite. As a former GAF champion and well known reviewer of previous Madden titles, you are the definate favorite. I just can't believe I have a shot at winning this in my very first year!! Can you facilate a new tag if I win?!?? :D

Fifty

What team are you using, Shawn? It slipped my mind.

May the best man win. Despite CK's best attempts at modesty, it'll be a tough battle.

Hopefully you guys don't have too much lag. That'd really be a bad way to end this lag-filled league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I don't even know my own "play style", I am pretty comfortable grinding it out or airing it out. I prefer airing it out as it takes the tension out the game pretty quickly, but I realize that isn't happening consistently vs. this level of competition. It really depends on the choices you make with your defense.This advantage you speak of will will not help me one bit. We've never played, and I haven't researched your style at all. It would probably be smart to do that, but the game should be more exciting with the challenge. Don't think for one second I am going to come in thinking I'm the favorite. As a former GAF champion and well known reviewer of previous Madden titles, you are the definate favorite. I just can't believe I have a shot at winning this in my very first year!! Can you facilate a new tag if I win?!?? :D

Nah man I stink. My D is porous and I can't pass for shit. Thankfully I only needed two attempts against Malley. I just got lucky is all. I'm not that good.

Wait why am I telling you this. :|

I'm much more worried about the lag tho. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wellington said:
Nah man I stink. My D is porous and I can't pass for shit. Thankfully I only needed two attempts against Malley. I just got lucky is all. I'm not that good.

Wait why am I telling you this. :|

I'm much more worried about the lag tho. :(

You needed a glitchy GoF (Goaline of Futility) to beat me!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I hope some of us are going to keep the game and that this tread will stay alive so we can all get in games against each other. As of next wednesday I plan on getting in tons of games. Hopefully against more people than just Bonsevan lol. I saw daddyz had messaged me durring a game with bons i would like to get a game against you, for sure. mmle for sure as well. Wellington I think I owe you a game after the trash talk and umm who else... Anyone else that wants to play! :D I will be my cats so no worries.

vumpler said:
I hope some of us are going to keep the game and that this tread will stay alive so we can all get in games against each other. As of next wednesday I plan on getting in tons of games. Hopefully against more people than just Bonsevan lol. I saw daddyz had messaged me durring a game with bons i would like to get a game against you, for sure. mmle for sure as well. Wellington I think I owe you a game after the trash talk and umm who else... Anyone else that wants to play! :D I will be my cats so no worries.

I too will play anyone, Wellington is hiding from me :). I actually have enjoyed playing people from the league the last week or so more than I enjoyed the whole last 4 weeks of the season.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
I too will play anyone, Wellington is hiding from me :). I actually have enjoyed playing people from the league the last week or so more than I enjoyed the whole last 4 weeks of the season.
I wish my connection didn't crap out, i was looking forward to playing you.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
I'd be willing to play some games over winter break provided I can get my 360 up and online at my parents house. I'll make a post this weekend if I am able to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I still would like to game at some point. Would have liked to gotten my spot into the playoffs. Heck, I would like to have finish up those games I didn't finish.

A small, and I mean SMALL, league #2 would be ok to me, though no one wants to do that probably.

Lonestar said:
I still would like to game at some point. Would have liked to gotten my spot into the playoffs. Heck, I would like to have finish up those games I didn't finish.

A small, and I mean SMALL, league #2 would be ok to me, though no one wants to do that probably.

I'd be up for a reduced length season I think.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I lost 13-7. Like I said to Sable before the game, some circumstances kept me from practicing my O and my D was stellar as usual. Still, those turnovers were killers.

Here were the three scores for Shawn:

Tiki fumbles giving up good field position. Result: FG
Int to Polamalu scores TD
Turnover on downs: FG (though running up the score like that when you could have sat on it was not cool)

And my only score? Kickoff return TD :lol

D's definitely win championships. I want to see the gamecast, but here was the worst stat of the night:

E. Manning: 8/23 0 TDs 1 Int 64 yds sacked twice.

:x

**** man, this is what happens. I knew I shoulda waited to play tomorrow and have a stout O to go with that D. I will not be too happy if he kept running those same two plays he did against FMT tho.

DSCN0396(Small).JPG

cowher_bill-ap060205.jpg

Superbowl_X_ring.jpg

Hell of a game Wellie!! The lagfest turned this game into a defensive struggle which stopped either team from producing any offensive touchdowns. The game came down to a final hailmary for Wellie to win the game, but my defense stiffened up once more!! End result 13-7!! Hell of a league and a hell of a time!! Now I'm going to try to go for the back to back in NFL and NBA!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Congrats my man. :) I was getting pissed at some of those drops. The first pass of the game for me Shockey got behind Polamalu and freakin dropped it! Man I was nervous the whole game but it was great. I didn't feel as much lag as I thought but you're right, the timings were off.

UGH! I had such a GREAT gameplan for you defensively and it worked and I couldn't do anything with the ball. Congrats man and enjoy it. Top of the heap!

I am now 2 and freakin 5 in superbowls! ****! BILLS OF GAF!

Wellington said:
**** man, this is what happens. I knew I shoulda waited to play tomorrow and have a stout O to go with that D. I will not be too happy if he kept running those same two plays he did against FMT tho.

LOL, FMT tried to give you a scouting report huh? There was never going to be any "stout o" with that lag. The only reason I could not score touchdowns was becuase of the lag. You played zone exclusively all game, and I was not confident that my button presses would register in the small windows I had to throw in. Notice how I got sacked on all of my play action passes? Many times my button presses would not register, so you got some freebies. My D is good too, but I know the lag stopped any kind of flow you were trying to have as well. Is it really possible to beat someone only using two plays, especially FMT? LOL, sure.....

I forgive your comment though, I know it sucks losing the way you did on the last play.

Edit- Now about that Tag... :D

Wellie said:
Turnover on downs: FG (though running up the score like that when you could have sat on it was not cool)

There was like 1:30 left with you having two time outs. I was going to keep running but on third you had it packed in and I knew I would get stuffed which is why I headed for the FB in the flats. On your 5 with 30 secs to go on fourth, was I supposed to punt? You had a shot to win the game, and once bounce of the ball may have done it for you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dude relax, I meant nothing by my comments and I definitely did not want to take away from your win.

Reason I think my D did well and it wasn't just lag is that I had one of the top Ds during the season, and in lag less games I shut down Bonsevan and Malleymal. I studied a lot for you on your offensive tendencies and all the zone plays I called served purposes. I was most proud of the play where I got a coverage sack when you rolled right and I was covering what looked like would have been your likely target manually with Strahan.

And as far as my O, I'd been playing ridiculously leading up to our game. Felt like I was firing on all cylinders. All of a sudden I sputtered in the game.

Also, I had two time outs when you got the ball with under 2 mins in your redzone.

Good win though. This was a good league and hopefully the lag issues are figured out for next year's game as I think that is what killed the fun for most people. I want your cowboy lovin ass on a platter next time around. :lol

Wellington said:
Dude relax, I meant nothing by my comments and I definitely did not want to take away from your win.

Reason I think my D did well and it wasn't just lag is that I had one of the top Ds during the season, and in lag less games I shut down Bonsevan and Malleymal. I studied a lot for you on your offensive tendencies and all the zone plays I called served purposes. I was most proud of the play where I got a coverage sack when you rolled right and I was covering what looked like would have been your likely target manually with Strahan.

And as far as my O, I'd been playing ridiculously leading up to our game. Felt like I was firing on all cylinders. All of a sudden I sputtered in the game.

Also, I had two time outs when you got the ball with under 2 mins in your redzone.

Good win though. This was a good league and hopefully the lag issues are figured out for next year's game as I think that is what killed the fun for most people. I want your cowboy lovin ass on a platter next time around.

I'll be back next year brother!!

Now can you fix my ridiculous tag please? Thank You!! :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
vumpler said:
(which there's no way in hell any of you hoes are getting past Shawn)

sableholic said:
I'm willing to bet whoever wins the malley vs wellington matchup will be the overall champion, but I've never seen shawn play.

I don't know why I felt obligated to post these two quotes from eariler, but I did.

vumpler said:
I don't know why I felt obligated to post these two quotes from eariler, but I did.

You were right, but I did say I didnt ever see shawn play. Hopefully next year it will be a lagless game. Funny I can play every single other game online lag free, but not madden.

Just so everyone knows they updated the rosters... and still havent gotten something right on the skins thats been that way all season (ie Rock C. returning kick-offs, hes got like one of the highest avgs in the league). If anyone ever wants to play just im me.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Anyone wanna try out that new patch to see if online really is fixed? :D
u west coast? because if so, i'm east coast we can try. Also, wuld this open up the possiblity of a Season 2?

DCX

Top Bottom