• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Rorschach

vumpler said:
Yeah i hope he sets up co comish's for the next season too, and lowers the number of weeks. People obviously can't play their games if its over 10 weeks.
1) he did set up a co-commish
2) we have had lots of seasons where 17 games was fine

I think the problem this season was...oh wait, I've already been through this...nm

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
1) he did set up a co-commish: yup and he dropped out, so there should have been 2 like there were in NCAA.
2) we have had lots of seasons where 17 games was fine: yep but their obviously not holding strong now so seems a need for a change. Change to 10 and if the drive is so high that people can stay around for 17 and not miss a week great, but right now thats not the case.
I think the problem this season was...oh wait, I've already been through this...nm: Oh yeah you did and still none of it stands any ground, try again :)

None of these issue are a big deal and easily fixed. 17 weeks proved to be to long for many people which shows a few things: One - the will to play such a long season just isn't there anymore and Two - a more rapid season would have interests higher for a higher percentage of the time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Blargh now I have to play a dude who I haven't even seen before and have no record of ever having played with the Seahawks? Beautiful.

How do I contact bosevan?

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I think the problem this season was...oh wait, I've already been through this...nm

The shitty network code! That's why I did the previously unthinkable and flaked on you guys.

Good luck if there is a season 2. I'm sorry things ended on a negative note.

Rorschach

vumpler said:
I think the problem this season was...oh wait, I've already been through this...nm: Oh yeah you did and still none of it stands any ground, try again :)
Like what? I wasn't talking about my post to you...

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Blargh now I have to play a dude who I haven't even seen before and have no record of ever having played with the Seahawks? Beautiful.

How do I contact bosevan?
At least you aint playing me :p

DCX

vumpler

Wellington you have many ways to contact bonsevan. He was detroit. You can use LeagueDaddy and click on his name, followed by using the SN he has listed, you can scroll up and see his sn I posted, you can PM him you can lol you know these things wellington :D I think he's under the impression he's playing daddyz though.

Bonsevans info:

Email: bonsevan@gmail.com
AIM: bonsevan77
gafname: bosevan

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Why? If I recall I shut you down offensively in the second half of our last game.
Maybe you did, but i shut you down just about the whole game...hence the victory...

DCX

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
We'll play to a 0-0 tie then.
It's all good bro, you owned me last year...hell i remeber you saying that you would give me a tag if i beat you...well i didn't, but i did twice this year. I'm happy i made some noise this year, gave FMT fits and was the first to beat DM. :D

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
It's all good bro, you owned me last year...hell i remeber you saying that you would give me a tag if i beat you...well i didn't, but i did twice this year. I'm happy i made some noise this year, gave FMT fits and was the first to beat DM. :D

DCX

I'm glas you beat DM then, my 14-0 remains the closest to a perfect season.

vumpler

For Frenches is still bailing eh? hmmm.... And sable didn't enter the scores from his loss to bonsevan.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Or you could wait, CK, and face my Wrath!

PS: Funeral was today (well, yesterday), and it was really beautiful. Military Honors, well over 100 people, a bit of rain at the beginning, but just as we were stepping out, it stops, and a ray of Sunshine right onto his Flag cover caskit. Fitting, as the nurses in Emory called him Mr. Sunshine ;)

Seahawks will show the G-Men no MERCY!!!!!!11

Back for tonight, but gone through to the weekend.

Just hope the Seahawks go all the way, as it will be in the RL! :p

Lonestar said:
Or you could wait, CK, and face my Wrath!

PS: Funeral was today (well, yesterday), and it was really beautiful. Military Honors, well over 100 people, a bit of rain at the beginning, but just as we were stepping out, it stops, and a ray of Sunshine right onto his Flag cover caskit. Fitting, as the nurses in Emory called him Mr. Sunshine ;)

Seahawks will show the G-Men no MERCY!!!!!!11

Back for tonight, but gone through to the weekend.

Just hope the Seahawks go all the way, as it will be in the RL! :p

Damn, I would have rathered play you as well blast. Would have been a good rematch. Glad the funeral was beautiful.

vumpler said:
And sable didn't enter the scores from his loss

I figured bonsevan was taking care of that, but I will enter the score to it right now, glad lonestar is back to play for his seahawks. Also just noticed that FMT lost today. Maybe hell pop by the thread today.

vumpler

sableholic said:
I figured bonsevan was taking care of that, but I will enter the score to it right now, glad lonestar is back to play for his seahawks.

FMT didn't assign bonsevan to the team so he could enter stats. And i'm pretty sure lone said he was just just back for tonight but bons has the team...

vumpler said:
FMT didn't assign bonsevan to the team so he could enter stats. And i'm pretty sure lone said he was just just back for tonight but bons has the team...

Im sorry bonsevans official spokesperson if I offended you, I was merely stating that I'm glad Lonestar gets a chance to play with his team in the playoffs since he got them there and earned it and has gone through so much.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wait, so what the ****? I still play Bons tonight right?

Sable, can you recount the game since I have nothing on Bons? Heavy passer, heavy runner, what kind of D? :(

Wellington said:
Wait, so what the ****? I still play Bons tonight right?

Sable, can you recount the game since I have nothing on Bons? Heavy passer, heavy runner, what kind of D? :(

I believe your playing lonestar, who I'm sure you have played before. Supposedly bons would be taking over after that but I dont know. If you want some impressions of bons hit me up on aim.

vumpler

sableholic said:
Im sorry bonsevans official spokesperson if I offended you

LOL I haven't been offended in at lest 10 years so don't flatter yourself. I'm sorry you got owned by bons but from what it appears lone gave up the team due to a really hard situation and said he'd be back next season. If lone was to come back for one game out of mid playoffs then leave again that's a little absurd. He has a hard situation going and he stepped down. Now he could come in and play a really bad game because his mind isn't on the game and blow Seattle's shot. Lone should get a side game with Welly just for old time sake and leave the league how it is.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Pretty much what Vump said. I'm leaving within a few hours, and shouldn't mess too much with the playoff. But a Pro Bowl situation between the SB Victor and myself, the TRUE Chaaaampion, would be nice ;)

vumpler said:
LOL I haven't been offended in at lest 10 years so don't flatter yourself. I'm sorry you got owned by bons

I dont even care that I lost the game. I should have had a bye week if I could have just have finished my season out, but I couldnt find anyone. I shouldn't have had to play a person who didnt deserve to be there especially someone who I beat 35-0 in the regular season, there were more deserving people. I also am not even sure thats who I played but thats a different situation altogether. I haven't played madden in a while and I would have lost to anyone I just don't think it should be someone who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. For one thing FMT hasn't even come in this thread and said that bons could take over. Im not even sure how someone who never goes on and posts (bons) got in contact with FMT. I also wouldn't be suprised if a certain person was taking over for him.

vumpler

thefukug5.jpg

This kid's accusing me of subbing for Evan I'm assuming? :lol If I had a team like seattle against you it would be atrocious how bad I'd beat you. Don't bring the heat this way cause you got beat lol. Throwing up the you don't care that you lost :lol I love it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
Now he could come in and play a really bad game because his mind isn't on the game and blow Seattle's shot. Lone should get a side game with Welly just for old time sake and leave the league how it is.

Dude. Bons is NOT Seattle. Lone IS Seattle. Bons is SUBBING for Lone. Seattle is LONE'S team.

That said, if Lone would want the team back, and he doesn't, he should play Sable not me. You can sub in the regular season, but that should not fly in the playoffs. Frankly, Bons even using the Seahawks is retarded in the first place. It should have been a forfeit.

Wellington said:
Dude. Bons is NOT Seattle. Lone IS Seattle. Bons is SUBBING for Lone. Seattle is LONE'S team.

That said, if Lone would want the team back, and he doesn't, he should play Sable not me. You can sub in the regular season, but that should not fly in the playoffs. Frankly, Bons even using the Seahawks is retarded in the first place. It should have been a forfeit.

exactly

vumpler

A forfeit in the playoffs is stupid. I didn't get the free win in round one and it had to be subbed so quit this heat about a free ride, it should be subbed and was. /discussion.

vumpler said:
A forfeit in the playoffs is stupid. I didn't get the free win in round one and it had to be subbed so quit this heat about a free ride, it should be subbed and was. /discussion.

Whats stupid is someone who didnt even finish most of their games (he even had the chance of making the playoffs himself) getting a free ride into the playoffs (altho I still haven't seen confirmation from FMT). You played malley, someone in the playoffs, either way its just retarded. Say bons wins does he get to say he won the tourney cause he took over for a playoff team? Whats also retarded is when you said lone shouldnt play for his own team after he expresed interest.

vumpler

sableholic said:
Constant complaints.

Ok your arguments keep falling through the floor and after this response of constatly having to play housekeeper and clean things up for you I'm done with this topic.

A: you talk trash about how many games bons finished, he did finish MOST of them (which you claim he did not... please specify what most is..) and if we're getting strictly down to games played Lone didn't finish all his games either. Bons actually completed more games than Lone so that is a non issue. Lone had a ton going on and its awesome that he completed as many games as he did going through what he's been through but discussing league issues only bons did play more games. FMT clearly set precedent earlier in this thread stating he wanted someone to message him to take over a team all the way through the playoffs for whatever team it was. That's exactly what happened here because its how fmt handled the last one.

And if for some BOGUS reasons Evan does win (which there's no way in hell any of you hoes are getting past Shawn) Lone and Evan should both get credit. Lone would actually be happy if Evan won it because he wants to see Seattle win it all. (read up for proof.)

Like you said (you actually got something right *pats on back*) the whole situation is retarded with everyone in the league not being able to complete every one of their games on time like their supposed to. By your logic everyone who didn't finish all 16 games shouldn't be eligible for the playoffs. OH but wait Ms. sable didn't finish all her games either?? Looks like that's not your stance then because you wouldn't have been in to start with. Lets change your story to "only people who finished all 16 games should be able to sub," well that would be an even more sad sight because everyone who finished all 16 games would have taken you to the house with Seattle. So quit the drama its pathetic.

Talk your trash now because like I said I'm not responding any more. You're no longer worth my time.

lonestar if you are back and are ok to play you can play sable over. i did give bos permission to play as seattle due to the delicate situation. it was an error on my part that i didnt post it in the thread or get thoughts on the matter, but lone if you are cool to play within the next week im fine to have you play the skins. otherwise you can takeover the team and play the giants if thats what it comes to. let me know

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar if you are back and are ok to play you can play sable over. i did give bos permission to play as seattle due to the delicate situation. it was an error on my part that i didnt post it in the thread or get thoughts on the matter, but lone if you are cool to play within the next week im fine to have you play the skins. otherwise you can takeover the team and play the giants if thats what it comes to. let me know

Thats all I needed. Confirmation from the man himself. I'm over it, you could see how that would frustrate someone though.

I'd like to see some sort of vote or at least a rule placed in the rules section for next season about this type of thing (subbing in playoffs and the criteria). I don't agree with it but I'm willing to accept it for this season as whats done is done. If Lonestar does come back he can go on to face Wellington. I wouldn't even want to really play over again its always been more of principles thing. Otherwise I hope to see the Super Bowl Champ soon given theres only 2 days left on leaguedaddy. Should be a good matchup whoever comes out on top.

FMT would the league next year be on 360 again? Hopefully you can meet my request from earlier if it is. Heres to next years version actually being improved online (no more divided by lag) and I can only begin to imagine the kinds of things EA will come up with to rape us in the marketplace (altho they did give free jerseys, which was suprising).

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ok... so with what FMT said, me and Zep will hold off and wait for Sable/Lone then.... No big deal to me... its on lone

EDIT... nevermind. saw sable conceded

Hey DM, it looks like we will have to get down on Friday night. Tonight is looking a little unlikely unless you can go with playing around 10 PM tonight. Let me know!!

Malleymal said:
Ok... so with what FMT said, me and Zep will hold off and wait for Sable/Lone then.... No big deal to me... its on lone

EDIT... nevermind. saw sable conceded

Twas only about the principle and I'm glad someone agreed with me(Wellington). Good luck to you and Z, im hoping one of you two wins out. Look forward to seeing you guys next year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dammit evan, I am here like we said last night!

Or is it Lone?

I don't care I will play both.

And I am glad you guys are overlooking me, I suck anyway.

DMczaf

Shawnwhann said:
Hey DM, it looks like we will have to get down on Friday night. Tonight is looking a little unlikely unless you can go with playing around 10 PM tonight. Let me know!!

I couldnt play today anyway, Friday it is.

The DManning Legacy continues!

PeytonManning4Q_111101.jpg

Wellington said:
Dammit evan, I am here like we said last night!

Or is it Lone?

I don't care I will play both.

And I am glad you guys are overlooking me, I suck anyway.

Whoever is playing you would be smart not to overlook you.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Whoever is playing you would be smart not to overlook you.

Nah they should. I am sure you have seen all that stuff about Strahan and Tiki talking shit about the coaching. We won't be able to keep it together.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Nah they should. I am sure you have seen all that stuff about Strahan and Tiki talking shit about the coaching. We won't be able to keep it together.

Still dishing out that Reverse Psychology, i see...

vumpler

bons will be availible for his game tomorrow. I just talked to him and will be playing him in madden tomorrow. He'll be free to play his game anytime after noon or so he said.

Malleymal said:
is Bons Banned or something??? why cant he post on here?

He doesnt seem to ever post here, hence my suprise earlier that he was the sub team. Anytime you see posts about him its by vumpler. Seems the best way to contact him is through Vumpler or on aim. Although he still has to play Wellington first, so it might not matter. What was the score of yours and Z's game? I know the outcome but not the score.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
He doesnt seem to ever post here, hence my suprise earlier that he was the sub team. Anytime you see posts about him its by vumpler. Seems the best way to contact him is through Vumpler or on aim. Although he still has to play Wellington first, so it might not matter. What was the score of yours and Z's game? I know the outcome but not the score.

10-7

Sable, I don't know if you saw yesterday, but I am looking for a rematch of our game earlier in the season.

Top Bottom