• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Mario Kart Wii Tournament!

Christine

I don't want ruffles in on account of he's too damn good. No, actually I just want to know if my pool is going to play tonight.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TwinIonEngines said:
I don't want ruffles in on account of he's too damn good. No, actually I just want to know if my pool is going to play tonight.

Just send PM's, the host in this case is ruffles. Get on the IRC guys, its easier that way!

Oh, shi---!!! Good thing I checked out of curiosity! I didn't know it started already :eek:

Great timing, though--right when my damn connection is failing me for some reason :(

Teknoman

TwinIonEngines said:

I dont think i've gotten anything from anyone else. Though maybe they didnt get my PMs. GAF was acting up awhile ago.

Pool 1 match:

Saturday

10:00 pm eastern
9:00 pm central
7:00 pm pacific

Pool 1 members, contact me ASAP to confirm you're ready, or if the times don't bold well.

Those who fail to contact me will be eliminated!

Okay, I'm joking. If I don't hear back from everyone by 8:00 pm eastern tomorrow, and every other day, I'll delay the race for one day. I'll confirm that in this thread at that time --whether we're a "go" or "delay." The times will remain the same.

Teknoman said:
I dont think i've gotten anything from anyone else. Though maybe they didnt get my PMs. GAF was acting up awhile ago.
I know I didn't get anything, and I'm in your pool =/

So, uh, what are your times for the race?

I still need to add everyone...>_>

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Pool 3

Tonight or tomorrow? I can take on hosting duties if Teknoman doesn't want them but... yeah, the faster the better!

Teknoman

Relix said:
Pool 3

Tonight or tomorrow? I can take on hosting duties if Teknoman doesn't want them but... yeah, the faster the better!

You can host it if you want to. I'll be availible to race tonight.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TwinIon and Teknoman said yes for Pool 4 race today, waiting on the rest. 3 out of 5!

Also, I need to point this out... people will select the levels they want, but the same level cannot be chosen twice in the same set of 6 matches. So if you select Yoshi Falls it cannot be chosen again in the set of 6 matches. There are no lag tests either since MkWii is practically lagless. Also guys, try to keep a score tally just in case something happens.

Spirit Icana said:
Pool 1 race delayed!

Dlys won't be ready. I now need everyone to confirm a "go" for Sunday, same times.

Also PM louie, he's on your pool Icana... I forgot to add him :lol

Christine

Relix said:
Also, I need to point this out... people will select the levels they want, but the same level cannot be chosen twice in the same set of 6 matches. So if you select Yoshi Falls it cannot be chosen again in the set of 6 matches.

So, to be clear - we have to choose a different course for every round in a series; no voting for a course we've already nominated nor for any that have been selected. Correct me if this is wrong, but I want to make sure we're all voting with the same understanding of the rules.

Also, forgive me if I've just somehow missed it, but I can't find mention of the engine class, which I believe is chosen by the host in a friendly match. 150cc for this series?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
pool 3 d00d

Oh shit true... wassup with me :lol

TwinIonEngines said:
So, to be clear - we have to choose a different course for every round in a series; no voting for a course we've already nominated nor for any that have been selected. Correct me if this is wrong, but I want to make sure we're all voting with the same understanding of the rules.

Also, forgive me if I've just somehow missed it, but I can't find mention of the engine class, which I believe is chosen by the host in a friendly match. 150cc for this series?

No, if it was nominated and never chosen then it can be voted for again, its just that you can't play the same level more than once. If a course is selected it cannot be voted again for it. Also, yeah... MK has so many details I skipped them... its 150CC. Gotta add to the OP.

To Pool 3, 2 of the guys haven't yet answered and I am not sure if I can play tonight after all =P

The Pool 1 race for tonight is once again delayed.

I need everyone to confirm for Monday, 11:00 pm eastern, now.

Layzie = go
dlys = go
lobo = dropped
metal = go
Icana = go
louie = go

Lobo has not contacted me the past three days. Everyone else is pushing for a meet.

Edit: Relix, any plans for a deadline?

Edit 2: Updated status check and time schedule.

Edit 3: Lobo dropped from Pool 1. Race is set.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
So Pool 3 when are we going to race?

I am good for tonight, but no one has PMed me.

For a deadline, I still haven't decided, will probably be this next weekend though, I know its harder to organize 5-6 people for one race.

Pool 1 is 5/6. Lobo hasn't contacted me in the past four days.

Relix, can you put lobo in the less active pools after the Pool 1 race tonight? That way we can make progress for those who want/can participate in pool 1 and lobo can have plenty of time to log on and schedule with everyone else who aren't active and ready yet.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit Icana said:
Pool 1 is 5/6. Lobo hasn't contacted me in the past four days.

Relix, can you put lobo in the less active pools after the Pool 1 race tonight? That way we can make progress for those who want/can participate in pool 1 and lobo can have plenty of time to log on and schedule with everyone else who aren't active and ready yet.

Go ahead with that, if he's not on by tonight, seeing as he's only one guy, I'll put him in another pool. To the pools... COME ON! Pool 3, mine... come on too guys

And with that the Pool 1 race for tonight, 11:00 pm eastern, is a go.

Members, glance the rules in OP and remember: 6 races, one round, on different tracks. That means, example: first race is on Luigi's Circuit. Nobody should pick Luigi's Circuit afterward. Pick your favorite levels until we've played on them, then don't pick them any more. :)

I'll keep track of points and post the results here when the races finish. Good luck everyone. Be ready to start your engines.

dyls said:
I got in late and it looks like you guys have already started :(

Sorry for not making the 8:00 time.

You're fine, we just warmed up. :)

Anyway, the race is over and it was TIGHT! We had eight races but round one rules are that only six count. If there's a way to span a six round in the game, I don't know how it's done. I checked the manual and everything.

Ok, stats will be up shortly. I have eight races recorded on paper but only the first six counts toward victory.

Teknoman

louie said:
Man i got my ass handed to me, everyone just blazed by me.

Maybe i should try out the bikes.

Oh crap...im a karter (havent gotten used to using the Wii Wheel with bikes yet).

Stats are in:

Race 1 2 3 4 5 6

Layzie: 1; 16; 31; 46; 55; 64: 1st

Icana: 15; 17; 18; 27; 32; 47: 2nd

metal: 5; 14; 19; 21; 36; 38: 3rd

louie: 9; 14; 16; 21; 23; 28: 4th

Dyls: 2; 3; 12; 13; 14; 15: 5th

And that's the pool 1 results. GREAT races everyone. Layzie was fast, metal put it to the pedal, louie zoomed corners, and dyls found the meaning to rob.

The eight race stat shows the same results. Overall, it was a great. Excitement, tension, and fear collided on the raceway. Dyls had it rough but he's a good driver as everyone else. Items played its cards and I'm sure it cursed everyone. In the end, layzie took the goal with vigor.

Great races everyone. Good night and God bless.

louie said:
Man i got my ass handed to me, everyone just blazed by me.

Maybe i should try out the bikes.

Ha ha! You're not fooling me. You did pretty good out there. Just try crashing into the bikers if you're a karter.

louie

Before i hit the hay for the night I just want to say that i appreciate the work you put into this Icana, and to relix aswell for putting together this shindig. I had a blast.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nice Icana, I was starting to get worried. Guys, the deadline for Round 1 is June 29th, please lets try to make our races ASAP.

Pool 3, please contact me to arrange a time. I am available all these days, so just PM. If I can get at least 4out of 5 ready for the race then we'll do it and move the remaining player to another pool!

Lobo has been moved to POOL4

Metal

Great race guys, I defenently had fun and want to race you guys again sometime. louie and dyls the race started before I got a chance to accept you two so I added both of you now. If any of you ever want to race again just pm me or send me a message if you see me racing online.

Relix thanks for letting me join, Spirit Icana and Layzie good luck in the next round. See you all next tournament.

Metal said:
Great race guys, I defenently had fun and want to race you guys again sometime. louie and dyls the race started before I got a chance to accept you two so I added both of you now. If any of you ever want to race again just pm me or send me a message if you see me racing online.

Relix thanks for letting me join, Spirit Icana and Layzie good luck in the next round. See you all next tournament.

Thanks!

I just want to point out before race six, you had second place. Between me, you, and louie, 2nd place was anyones spot at Koopa Cape (layzie clinched 1st on race 5). I was beat for a good duration of that last race, but drew a star and several mushrooms, pulling me ahead on the last lap. You, louie, and dyls were great. The races were simply unpredictable. :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
Relix did you exclude yourself from Pool 3?

No.. I am still in Pool 3 >_>. Tekno, let's PM the other players again for this Friday, see if we can get it done by then (of course, if you are available)

Teknoman

Relix said:
No.. I am still in Pool 3 >_>. Tekno, let's PM the other players again for this Friday, see if we can get it done by then (of course, if you are available)

Gotcha (just asked because I didnt see your name up there anymore).

Penguin

Sorry my router crashed for the last week or so.
And work a double tomorrow night so won't have time to play.

Sat or Sunday night?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Penguin said:
Sorry my router crashed for the last week or so.
And work a double tomorrow night so won't have time to play.

Sat or Sunday night?

Let's try for Saturday night.... =)

I'm so sorry. I don't when the pool I'm in is up, but I'm out for the whole weekend and with the large timezone difference, I won't be able to partake next week. Unless, it's a Europool I'm in :D

For the record, since timezones still confuse me when people talk about Pacific or whatmore you have, the time now is 17:54 on moment of posting this lovely post.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
StickyFingers said:
I'm so sorry. I don't when the pool I'm in is up, but I'm out for the whole weekend and with the large timezone difference, I won't be able to partake next week. Unless, it's a Europool I'm in :D

For the record, since timezones still confuse me when people talk about Pacific or whatmore you have, the time now is 17:54 on moment of posting this lovely post.

The limit is this Sunday =/. You are supposed to be in Pool 4, which does have a substitute with Lobo from Pool 1.

GUYS, speed up... one one pool race has been done. What about the others? Come on, PM, or do something! >_<

Top Bottom