• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Ripclawe said:
I am not missing Chafee a bit and neither are a lot of GOPers.

That's the problem. It hurts the democrats a fair amount because he wasn't one of the GOP hardline nutjobs.

WedgeX

Banned
Juice said:
If that last 10% is northern virginia, still, then there's still plenty of room for webb to creep back in

The districts in virginia with the lowest % counted are 1, 4, 7, 10, 11. If NE virginia fully counts as northern, then all but 4 are in the north (accrd to the NY Times).

FightyF

Banned
I Am Error said:
I'm watching it right now on the local news, so funny. Whole family in tears.

Nice! This totally makes up for me not getting GoW today!

If anyone has any animated gifs, I'd appreciate a new avatar heheh.

Juice

Wow, you guys are brutal.

I think Santorum is a pretty genuine, friendly guy. I don't agree with most of his politics, but I wouldn't cheer on his little girl's crying.

Drensch

However, because it's clear that it does have an effect on the health and happiness of non-smokers, I think a public referendum on it is perfectly reasonable.

Bingo. If some smoker wants to pump his smoke into my lungs, I want the right to shit in his cornflakes. Which, would be way healthier on the balance.

LM4sure

Banned
Diablos said:
I'm gonna be really bummed if Webb doesn't win, though.

How could people re-elect Allen :\

Allen is my hero! I hope he gets it!!!! Word is he might run for president next! That would be exciting!

Phoenix

Some of you guys are saddists.... I never enjoy watching people suffer - even if I really want things to go against them.

Juice

Looks like Michigan's statewide ban on affirmative action is going to pass.

I'm personally against racial/sexual discrimination in selection, but only if SES is immediately factored in to replace it. It'll be interesting to see how U-M responds. There are rich black kids and poor white kids, and throwing the balance further to their respective advantage and disadvantage just doesn't make sense when socio-economic status could balance things out just fine in all cases.

Diablos

Juice said:
Wow, you guys are brutal.

I think Santorum is a pretty genuine, friendly guy. I don't agree with most of his politics, but I wouldn't cheer on his little girl's crying.
I didn't cheer on that. It was just awesome to hear "Santorum is going to concede now." :D

LM4sure

Banned
Juice said:
Looks like Michigan's statewide ban on affirmative action is going to pass.

I'm personally against racial/sexual discrimination in selection, but only if SES is immediately brought in to replace it. It'll be interesting to see how U-M responds.

That's at least some good news for tonight. Most has been bad.

VALIS

CNN keeps grasping at straws why the Virginia race is too close to call. C'mon dudes. Webb hasn't had a lead all night. It's going to take a miracle at this point for him to come out ahead.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
CNN just said heavily democratic county next to Richmond hasn't been counted yet so maybe there could be some light. But it's starting to dimmer.

Phoenix said:
Some of you guys are saddists.... I never enjoy watching people suffer - even if I really want things to go against them.

They are just really angry with life :). If the democrats win congrats to them. I don't support their views on certain things, so hopefully it will flip the next election :).

Tamanon

Banned
I will say this, Mizzou isn't looking good for the Dems either, and Tennessee is a lot farther than they like.

Qwerty, true, but CNN's numbers are around 4% behind it seems. Guess we'll see.

And realistically, isn't it a bit late for these dontvote commercials?

sangreal

Tamanon said:
How can you lead a race that isn't counted?:p

For example:

RICHMOND CITY
Allen - 8,783 26.07%
Webb - 24,423 72.48%

67.65% reporting

but I think ~20k lead is pretty damn big at this stage

Zeed

Banned
So Tennessee is a no-go and Democrats am phail in Virgina?

That about wraps it up for their Senate ambitions, right?

Phoenix

VALIS said:
CNN keeps grasping at straws why the Virginia race is too close to call. C'mon dudes. Webb hasn't had a lead all night. It's going to take a miracle at this point for him to come out ahead.

Nah. CNN won't ever call a close one again. Perhaps you don't recall the issues of the calling a certain presidential election and then having the IT department managers have to appear before Congress to explain how they called it.

Painful memories :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom