• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
The urge to punch Justin Williams in the throat has come back again.

Koivu won't last, no way. It's nice to see him being optiimistic about holding out for surgery, but it won't take long for him to realize he can't hold it off all season.

Well atleast the Habs are overstocked on starting goalies, worst case scenario we ship off Abby(or even worse, my man Huet) for a soild center.

Sandman42

New Rule Changes: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177493&hubname=nhl

-The home team has the choice of shooting first or second in the shootout.

-Enhanced measures have been taken against "diving" and embellishment of actions in the attempt to draw a penalty.

-The maximum curvature of a player's stick was increased to three-quarters of an inch. Previously, the maximum curvature had been one-half inch.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Kaspar.jpg
ribeiro_79397.jpg

Sandman42 said:
New Rule Changes:
-Enhanced measures have been taken against "diving" and embellishment of actions in the attempt to draw a penalty.

bday_1004_4.jpg
ribeiro_mike_vert.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i don't want to make predictions about the east

the top end got weaker and the bottom end got stronger

i can't even fathom who is going to be in the playoffs and who won't

Kingpen

If any of you guys picked up the 360 version of 2k7 hockey... I set up a league in the main gaming thread...

If you have interest, there are 9 slots left to join.

Post a reply in the thread over there if you are interested or PM me.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Went to the Preds first open practice today and man is this team bigger. Not just the Arnott and Vasichek pickups but some of our kids coming up on defense are just massive. Our speed doesn't even seem to be taking a hit. Couple guys got into a fight which was a little odd, guess the pressure is on to make the team and all. Dumont and Arnott were playing on the same line and looked great together. Vokoun looked great.

First Preds preseason game is Sunday and I'm pumped. Does anyone know if the Center Ice package picks up preseason games or just the season ones?

aceface

C'mon guys the northeast is easy. Sabres will win of course. Montreal and Ottawa will both make the playoffs and finish near each other. Toronto and Boston will suck again!

dem

I was watchin some Malkin highlights on youtube... the guy really does look like a young Mario Lemieux out there.

Anyway

emot-siren.gif
FANTASY DRAFT TODAY IN 7.5 HOURS
emot-siren.gif

Dont forget!

Alucard

Banned
dem said:
I was watchin some Malkin highlights on youtube... the guy really does look like a young Mario Lemieux out there.

Anyway

emot-siren.gif
FANTASY DRAFT TODAY IN 7.5 HOURS
emot-siren.gif

Dont forget!

Crosby + Malkin = new-age Gretzky and Lemieux on the same team?! Maybe Colby Armstrong will play the role of Rob Brown in the 80s and net 40 goals just by playing on Sidney's line. :p

May16

Aw dammit, these new Sabres uniforms are terrible. Look at the look on ebarrassed Danny Briere's face:
badsabresuniforms.jpg

You can tell he's thinking about killing himself as soon as he gets home. I predict these uniforms single-handedly keep the Sabres out of the playoffs this year.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
May16 said:
Aw dammit, these new Sabres uniforms are terrible. Look at the look on ebarrassed Danny Briere's face:
badsabresuniforms.jpg

You can tell he's thinking about killing himself as soon as he gets home. I predict these uniforms single-handedly keep the Sabres out of the playoffs this year.

Whats the word on Briere anyways? Healthy, 90 point season? I feel like taking a chance on him in the draft.

and yeah thats one disgusting looking jersey.

Alucard

Banned
"Penguins winger Ronald Petrovicky had hip surgery on Friday and is out indefinitely."
-Pens official page

Well that kind of sucks. Him and Ruutu are supposed to be the 3rd line pest duo. I hope it doesn't last long.

Karakand

May16 said:
badsabresuniforms.jpg

At least they ain't boring like our new threads!

aceface

The Sabres new white jersey sucks. The new blue one is not so bad. The vintage one is pure love. It's weird, it's like they know the new jerseys suck because they'll be wearing the vintage for 15 home games...that's like, a 5th of the season. Briere is a point a game guy when he's healthy. Keep in mind that his favorite linemate is gone though (Dumont).

sefskillz

Got my season tickets in the mail yesterday, gettin pumped for the season to start. First preseason game for the Preds is tomorrow night. NHL 2k7 addiction in full swing.

Draft in 90 minutes!

sefskillz

People are defending both to the death, but if online leagues are of any interest to you then 2k7 is the way to go.

negitoro7

May16 said:
badsabresuniforms.jpg

Did they photoshop Briere into that picture? Why would there be so many fans, the pre-season hasn't started yet right?

sefskillz

negitoro7 said:
Did they photoshop Briere into that picture? Why would there be so many fans, the pre-season hasn't started yet right?
Sabres had a jersey unveiling party / camp scrimmage this morning. That turnout is pretty huge though so maybe it is a photoshop.

negitoro7

sefskillz said:
Sabres had a jersey unveiling party / camp scrimmage this morning. That turnout is pretty huge though so maybe it is a photoshop.

Plus the fact that I don't see the fans booing with thumbs down and throwing shit onto the ice.

May16

sefskillz said:
I got the pic off the Sabres official website. It's still on the index right now (rotating through several pics).

...So yeah, if I were Sabres ownership, I'd have photoshopped happy-looking people in too. Maybe that's what they did, for PR reasons? (Dear Sabres: the better PR would be not wearing that jersey ever.)

aceface

No, they had about 10,000 fans there for the jersey unveiling/open practice today. Also, since the Sabres are going to win it all this year, I think we can all overlook the horribleness of the jersey ;) Hell, I don't mind them that much, except for those stupid blue sleeves on the white one.

Edit: More pics from today's practice here.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
sefskillz said:
Went to the Preds first open practice today and man is this team bigger. Not just the Arnott and Vasichek pickups but some of our kids coming up on defense are just massive. Our speed doesn't even seem to be taking a hit. Couple guys got into a fight which was a little odd, guess the pressure is on to make the team and all. Dumont and Arnott were playing on the same line and looked great together. Vokoun looked great.

First Preds preseason game is Sunday and I'm pumped. Does anyone know if the Center Ice package picks up preseason games or just the season ones?

The preds are gonna be awesome this year, they were pretty awesome last year too but then Vokoun getting injured screwed them over.

I can't wait till the (pre)season starts, I wanna see the new Sens in action.

dem

fantasy draft is done :D

too bad you couldnt make it calder!

G
A. Auld
(Fla - G)
33 2.94 .902 0
G
J. Grahame
(Car - G)
29 3.06 .889 5

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Calder is being dethrowned for sure this year. :lol

My draft went well, I've got a feeling my goalies could flop but if they do I have enough good fowards to deal.

PH2005111501841.jpg

:D :D

Barrage

Wolf, I've thought about this for a while and decide today was a day for me to be kind. I know you love your feisty lil' captain Koivu, and I would be willing to give him to you for nearly nothing! In fact, i'll let YOU pick the player I get!(just make sure he's Russian and plays for the Capitals.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom