• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birdman02

I want a chance to defend the championship I won with the DOLPHINS!!! The only way this can happen is if we do this on the 360. Make it happen, FMT!!! I have absolutely zero chance of convincing my wife that we need a PS3.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
CB3 said:
fuck ps3 madden. 360 for life

Could be interested in the NCAA league, however it always turns into one giant shit stain once the real deal gets here a month later.

In for madden on the 360 this season. Recordable games gets me excited.

Ramirez

So what was the point of the poll if you were just going to pick the PS3 regardless? :lol

I REALLY do not see the benefit of knocking out 4-5+ vets, that seems really stupid to me. I've had two PS3's that were dead within an hour due to a faulty disc drive, nothing is a safe bet. :p

Oh, and I would be down for an NCAA league, haven't bought that game in a while.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You never even turn on your PS3 Ram :lol Hell when you do there is always a firmware update for you to install :p

What about the vets that have gone through 2-3 360's and a butt load of MS support bs to play in the leagues,myself included? I don't see why we should be screwed over.

FMT pays for the league and maybe he doesn't want the RROD hovering over it for another season.He could of put up the poll thinking the majority would pick 360 and then he realized that wasn't the case and decided on the PS3 based on what happened last year,I guess.

The game comes out in August of course and more peoples systems could die *both 360/PS3*,one version could still end up being better despite EA saying they will be the same,etc etc this poll was put up too soon imo.

Ramirez

You're right, I barely do turn it on, because there's not shit to play on it, so I can't really blame these guys not wanting to pick one up. :lol It's my Socom machine, bout it!

I'm on my 6th 360, so I know all about the RROD. I'm just thinking of the guys that have been playing with us for as long as I can remember, what will we do to fill their spots, because it is looking like it will be a pretty substantial number.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:
So what was the point of the poll if you were just going to pick the PS3 regardless? :lol

I REALLY do not see the benefit of knocking out 4-5+ vets,

ill just go ahead and quote that for truth

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not sure,but I count 8 vets and then myself that will play either version.I just voted PS3 cause I don't trust my refurb with the way it's acting.

If the damn 360's didn't die so much this most likely wouldn't even be an issue,damn f-ing shoddy hardware.

Hell I have never been a fan of Madden with the dual shock and hated the year we had a PS2 league,but I'm basing my vote on what happened last year and my own experiences with the 360.

I do think you're a little crazy going through 6 360's Ram,but you do that for your love of HALO! :p

Matrix

If the 360 version is picked some vets will be left out and the same with the PS3,it sucks for vets on both sides.

What we have is a no win situation and what we need is EA to fuck up one of the version's and decide this for us :D

Rorschach

:( Barring a couple of shady people, I wouldn't want to lose anyone. If the league goes 360, I'll probably get both versions so MiG won't be lonely. ;)

One console futurez!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
What is more likely: a league disruption due to Xbox 360 failures or those of you saying you will NOT get a PS3 will actually get one for Madden? I went through 4 X360s and just got fed up with it. If this league stays on X360, then I will have to live with that decision.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
You're right, I barely do turn it on, because there's not shit to play on it, so I can't really blame these guys not wanting to pick one up. :lol It's my Socom machine, bout it!

I'm on my 6th 360, so I know all about the RROD. I'm just thinking of the guys that have been playing with us for as long as I can remember, what will we do to fill their spots, because it is looking like it will be a pretty substantial number.

Then you should remember how season 12 went.

OH yeah, it died about halfway through because over a quarter of the players had their systems out due to the RROD.

With six 360s out do you think you can make it through another league without having yours fail? Some of us just want to play and have a good time without wondering if the league will survive as each day progresses. I wouldn't mind continuing the league on the 360 if the hardware was reliable. It really sucks because there are some cool cats I like to play against online on the 360, but whats the point if the league won't survive?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, 20-25 360's used last season between us, and to have 5-10 of them RROD...that's a HUGE ratio of faulty units. If 360's were cars, there would be a recall to get the problem fixed.

Slo

DenogginizerOS said:
What is more likely: a league disruption due to Xbox 360 failures or those of you saying you will NOT get a PS3 will actually get one for Madden? I went through 4 X360s and just got fed up with it. If this league stays on X360, then I will have to live with that decision.

Understandable. I'd probably feel the same way if I were you. On the other hand, my situation is that I just bought a $400 x360 just so I could play in the Madden leagues with you guys. I don't feel like doing it again. I can't justify another $400 for a box that does exactly the same thing as the one I just bought.

If there's a 360 league this year, cool. If not, I'll just join you guys again when I can get a PS3 for a whole lot cheaper.

LiveWire

I'd probably buy both versions if necessary to play with the maximum number of GAFfers. I'd prefer just to get one copy though.

Is there really still a risk of RROD though? I haven't seen any RROD threads in a while, and no one here has indicated that they've had an RROD since the league last year, so either you're not playing your 360 at all, or it's fine....right? And no one has permanently switched to PS3 only have they?

DenogginizerOS

LiveWire said:
I'd probably buy both versions if necessary to play with the maximum number of GAFfers. I'd prefer just to get one copy though.

Is there really still a risk of RROD though? I haven't seen any RROD threads in a while, and no one here has indicated that they've had an RROD since the league last year, so either you're not playing your 360 at all, or it's fine....right? And no one has permanently switched to PS3 only have they?
I have had 2 RRODs and 2 DVD drives go out (the two most recently in the last month). As of right now, I am PS3 only.

Matrix

There is always a risk with the 360 and to think otherwise is just I don't know.Like I said earlier,it's almost May and this league doesn't even start till August,we have plenty of time to see how everyones systems are doing.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
I call Bruins if there's a dynasty league!

Well in that case I'd better be getting control of Dirty Sanchez and the Trojans.

Also I voted 360 even though I plan on buying a Triple for MGS4.

Ramirez

Look, I have both systems, so I'm good either way, I'm just looking at it from the other guy's perspectives. I can't imagine buying a system just for this reason alone only to have it moved to the other console the next year, I'm talking about people that have played with us since early PS2 days, not people that joined last season or some shit. :p

daw840

Rorschach said:
Oh shit! Daw, you need to go over to his house. FMT needs to be on suicide watch!

He is at a concert, I called him and I think I ruined his night........he will post later though

Matrix

So we all now have to get the 360 version just cause it will make the Favre cover look even better.

Sorry Fmt,360 league it is!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
So we all now have to get the 360 version just cause it will make the Favre cover look even better.

Sorry Fmt,360 league it is!
Favre approves.
Favre-1.jpg

It's crazy how many people have amnesia about the havoc the RROD caused on our leagues last season. Why put ourselves in the position to incur the same drama this year?

With all reports indicating that the PS3 versions of the football games being released this year are a silkly smooth 60fps and not feature fucked, this is a relative no brainer if we want to ensure the hardware itself doesn't decide to fate of the leagues.

Also the poll has turned to shit! While there are several vets there, I also see alot of names I dont recognize in addition to one I have a hard time believing will be invited to join this year. Perhaps we can do a new poll once the MGS4 pack is released as that's a substantial carrot that will get some 360-only people to splurge.

Either way it shakes, there are going to be alot of dissapointed people. I'm just happy I'm in the camp that can do either scenario...so I'm good! :D

DMczaf

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/news.jsp

For passionate Madden NFL fans, this year's iteration will take authenticity and depth of gameplay to an entirely new level with more than 85 new features and enhancements, including the all-new Virtual Trainer tutorial mode. Utilizing a holographic environment, this mode teaches gamers simple concepts about playing football and how to use the controls in quick, fun and stylized drills. In Madden NFL 09, the game engine is continually assessing the player?s performance and will adapt a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player.

Madden NFL 09 will also feature a network-inspired broadcast presentation. Players will benefit from the authentic football knowledge of an in-booth play-by-play and color commentary team featuring Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. In addition, numerous graphical enhancements have been made, including realistic weather and grass, sleeker player models and exterior stadium views.

Madden NFL 09 gives gamers the ability to create online leagues. Avid Madden NFL fans can now take their rivalries online and compete in leagues with up to 32 teams. Online league play will feature in-depth stat tracking, player trades and a flexible scheduling option.

I'll miss you leaguedaddy :(

daw840 said:
Oh shit, player trades..........this may make me buy a PS3 just for the league:D

Its not exclusive to PS3

Anyways heres a video I'm sure FMT will love:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14229536/madden-nfl-09/videos/through_the_years_042408.html

And Shawn I can't speak for everyone obviously but I think those who are still saying 360 league is not because they dont remember the horrible RROD season last year, I think its just they can't see dropping x dollars to get a ps3 just for madden and mgs4. But like you said who knows maybe we'll change our mind as it gets closer to madden. I said this earlier but Sept PS3 lineup does look pretty good, although that would be a month later than madden.

DenogginizerOS

As long as the league system built-in to this game is a good one, it looks like we will have enough people and interest to do both an X360 and a PS3 league.

DenogginizerOS

I will take the Hokies for the NCAA league.

The draft and other off-season moves will determine if I take the Jets again.

lets not put our tongues in the pussy jar yet fellas. EA says online leagues with "Detailed stat tracking". guess what? madden 05 leagues had "detailed" stat tracking for TEAMS ONLY, not players.

i dont like EA's wording here. i am going to assume the leagues are barebones until i see otherwise.

DMczaf

HEY! How about you do your job and tell us which version to buy already!? Gamestop's Free Overnight Shipping deal begins today!

Oh yeah, someone played NCAA PS3 and 360

http://www.pastapadre.com/

Got to play both the 360 and PS3 versions. They are virtually identical. I did notice that the PS3 version seemed a little more responsive and loaded slightly quicker. I asked regarding build dates and it wasn’t known whether the PS3 build was more recent which could’ve explained those things. But for anyone concerned about the PS3 version there is nothing to worry about.

Do the right thing FMT!

LiveWire

After reading the NCAA online dynasty thread I'm in for picking up a copy of the game for whichever system is determined for the league. I guess it's PS3 at this point?

we'll see fellas. i was talking to daw at work today and he made some good points about having it on 360.

i also want to see how much control the online leagues give us because that would play a part (i.e. game gets disconnected, 0-0 and the system sees it as a tie and wont let me reset the game to replay it)

no one knows for sure YET which system the games will be run on.

i was thinking maybe NCAA on 360 and madden on ps3, but then that kind of sucks cause i would want them both on the same system to import my draft class!

Lonestar

Not when I'm going into an SEC one ;P Join the dark side, you can be a Mississippi School.

Lonestar

Yeah, Bob, that sounds good. Hopefully, you can "mash" up the conferences to better facilitate the fact that people might like different teams. Would suck if you were a fan of the WAC, and you never played anyone from the SEC, Big 10, etc, because of using "official" schedules and conferences.

Top Bottom