• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Thanks, updating to 1.10 now. Somehow my PS3 resetted the first time I tried to, but all is good now. :)

f@luS

More than a member.
Wollan said:
Terrible snaps but here they are:

huto3.jpg

Huto3b.jpg
looks better than! ...than !....than........

McLovin

Metalmurphy said:
Never. There's been halo maps and Master Chief skins for the previous UTs as well.

Btw, the full Locust team and other COG models were just recooked for PS3, along with some other ones like the Crysis suit and Spawn. I'll post some pics in a while
Good! So where can I get the skins? ut3mod.com doesn't have them
edit- nevermind I just saw the post at the top of the page :p

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
juice.jpg

Look at all dat...

BTW: If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my PSN is industrian.

DarkUSS said:
The site has a lot of mods but rapidshare/megaload links?? It would take me ages to download all the character mods. :(
Me and industrian are working on another ut3mod like site. Only one that doesn't look like shit :p

McLovin

industrian said:
juice.jpg

Look at all dat...

BTW: If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my PSN is industrian.
Wow he looks just as good if not better then the original! Marcus Fenix Model doesn't look as good(from the pics I've seen)

Kolgar

Sweet Jesus.

I was going to wait for the 360 game, but I'm growing impatient. Awesome stuff like this doesn't help.

I may have to jump in with this.

McLovin

Kolgar said:
Sweet Jesus.

I was going to wait for the 360 game, but I'm growing impatient. Awesome stuff like this doesn't help.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 360 version not support mods?

industrian

McLovin said:
Wow he looks just as good if not better then the original! Marcus Fenix Model doesn't look as good(from the pics I've seen)

Yeah. I think we'll see a lot more high quality stuff from now on. That Marcus Fenix one was crap, especially compared to the Coletrain and the Locust.

McLovin said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 360 version not support mods?

IIRC MS are adamant about keeping XBL a closed system.

Kolgar said:
Sweet Jesus.

I feel the same, there's not even been any info about the release date yet.

Erebus

Quick question: do others need to have the same character mods in order to see yours?
For example, if I play with Master Chief will other players see me as Master Chief if they don't have this specific mod imported on their PS3?

DarkUSS said:
Quick question: do others need to have the same character mods in order to see yours?
For example, if I play with Master Chief will other players see me as Master Chief if they don't have this specific mod imported on their PS3?

Only Mutators are transferable between host<->client so yes, if you want to see it you need to have it.

industrian

DarkUSS said:
Hmm, this kinda sucks... :(

That's why I stated earlier that we need to make a kind of "GAF Official Mods" pack so that whenever we play each other we don't have any issues.

TeTr1C

So I haven't played UT3 for probably a month and half now. Did the update fix a lot? I have the PS3 version by the way.

And when I played it, there weren't a LOT of servers, but an alright amount. Are there more people playing now or is it the same?

DarkUSS said:
Hmm, this kinda sucks... :(
It's like that in pretty much all games, having the client transfer between each other 2-20Mb per character every time someone joins the server would be infeasible.

Last batch of pics for now:
25qgnbc.jpg
1415dhc.jpg
9qjsdj.jpg
rm0dn9.jpg
2zykf2f.jpg
t0p0lh.jpg
25t80u0.jpg

DeadGzuz

Banned
I played a couple of VCTF last night on the bridge level. Still a great game, I managed to come in 1st on my team, which got spanked. I want to try the new models when someone can host them.

f@luS

More than a member.
Metalmurphy said:
Joke post? There's nothing wrong with the framerate.
why joke? i bought the game as soon as it released. But i just cant stand 30 fps in such a high speed game. Had to sold it few days later , was running out of paracetamol lol. This isnt a gift to be so framerate sensitive , it piss me off

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiduz said:
I almost want to get the game now :eek:
You know you want to play with me :)!

Pein

Banned
The Gears and Halo mods look pretty damn cool.

can I add some of you no one on my psn list has UT3 my psn is nyccapo91 btw

Firewire

Banned
I was on last night for a bit, got you're friend invite Metalmurphy. Anyways I will be on again tonight.

lol at the Master Chief mod, and it does look kind of better than...:D

McLovin

JB1981 said:
if i buy the game, are the mods easy to download/use?
It use to be harder because you needed to set up the files inside a bunch of folders for it to work right. Its allot easier now. All you do now is dump the file into the main directory of your memory stick or thumb drive.. then pop the memory card into the ps3 then hit square to import then x... x... wait a few seconds then x again and its all done. I have to do it that way because I use my tv as a pc monitor and I don't like switching inputs. Its allot easier when you have two screens. Unfortunately you can only do 1 at a time(I think).

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
So, if no one saw me as MC, what did they see me as? I'm assuming the mod doesn't replace a character but actually adds it.

Teetris said:
So, if no one saw me as MC, what did they see me as? I'm assuming the mod doesn't replace a character but actually adds it.
Yes, it adds new characters, and they see you as one of the Iron Guard chars. Not sure which one now.

LRB1983

Banned
Use Mod Characters is easy.
- Download JAM File.
- Put it inside USB Key (is not necessary to be in any folder).
- Go to Community (Comunidad in spanish, I supose english is same name XD)
- My Contents (Mis contenidos)
- Press Square
- Press X
- Wait completed import.
- Press O
And edit your character.

Truespeed

I really don't understand why their import process is so amateurish. Especially for a game of this caliber. You really have to wonder what they were thinking when they first shipped the game with that silly directory naming structure requirement. Do they even understand the userbase they're developing for?

So the patch finally got rid of that stupid directory structure, but we can only import 1 JAM file at a time and they still have to be named USERDATA.JAM. You would think they would have the ability to just process all JAM files on the media device, but apparently not. That seems to be a little too complex. How difficult can this really be? It just makes you shake your head sometimes.

Firewire

Banned
Truespeed said:
I really don't understand why their import process is so amateurish. Especially for a game of this caliber. You really have to wonder what they were thinking when they first shipped the game with that silly directory naming structure requirement. Do they even understand the userbase they're developing for?

So the patch finally got rid of that stupid directory structure, but we can only import 1 JAM file at a time and they still have to be named USERDATA.JAM. You would think they would have the ability to just process all JAM files on the media device, but apparently not. That seems to be a little too complex. How difficult can this really be? It just makes you shake your head sometimes.

There are plenty of people with multiple mod maps playing all the time. Sometimes I get into servers and they are always running mod maps and not the original maps. Currently I have over 40 mods on my PS3, and I'm not alone, so I don't think its a problem for the userbase.

Regardless they can improve the process, but its not like the current set up is stopping anybody.

Firewire said:
Can I get the character mods somewhere else? I'd rather not register.
I can PM you the megaupload and rapidshare links :p Other than that you're gonna have to wait until me and industrian pull out a a simple version of our website. :p

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I can PM you the megaupload and rapidshare links :p Other than that you're gonna have to wait until me and industrian pull out a a simple version of our website. :p

Send over the links. :D

Are you guys setting up you're own servers at night? I need to look for you guys tonight, hopefully I can join in if the ping isn't to crazy.

Top Bottom