• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

theBishop

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Put it in the root of the memory stick.

I just tested it and it works GREAT :D

ncbh8y.jpg

that's awesome!

I want Kratos :D

Well there seems to be a problem with the Cloud model, shows ok on the Char select screen but ingame the hair looks like this:

155otu8.jpg

Probably a bug with the model itself and not UT3, maybe the creator will fix it eventually. It looks ok when using a 3rd person view though:

30951lv.jpg

theBishop

Banned
replayy said:
Just got this today, seems like I picked a good time. Do many people still play it?

I have it. Its not good enough to drag me away from Call of Duty. I hope quality mods will eventually justify the purchase. I have some fun mod ideas bouncing around my head, but other projects are higher priority.

DarkUSS said:
And what happens if you want to add multiple mods at a time?
You can't afaik. Yes it's a bitch. I'm already setting up a HTTP server on my PC so I can access it on the PS3, this way I don't have to get my butt out of the sofa every time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
McLovin said:
Wow I had no idea you could do character mods. This game just went from an 8 to a 10 for me.

Metalmurphy and myself noticed some issues with them. But yeah, full character mods. Right now someone's uploaded Marcus Fenix, Master Chief and Crysis ones. But this is just the beginning.

Ploid 3.0 said:
:lol What is going on
Pure awesomeness. We need to get a game with lots of people using custom models though, I noticed some bugs when playing with industrian and wanted to pinpoint what the problem is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
industrian said:
My Cloud Master Chief combo is awesome. :)

24v5rht.jpg

Too bad there's some issues with it though. :(
:lol :lol :lol

tribal24

Banned
Wollan said:
Someone make a Helghast.

Like now.

We can put this debate to an end in one glorious battle.

yea we will settle it all right helghast vs spartan gaf game>.> come on!! someone make the helghast model

Character mods are posted all over the official forums, or you can get them here:
http://utps3.incadudef.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34

But you need to register.

Remember the patch only came out yesterday and we already got this many recooked. Imagine in a week time we'll have tons of new char mods.

I already have a Marcus Fenix one, but the HDTV is currently in use so I can't post pics :p

*edit*
@ Wollan: Just saw your post on utps3 forum :p That guy is not the original modeller, he just reconverted the PC version. The original modellers hang out on the official UT3 forum. The modellers name for the Master Chief model is EvilEngine iirc.

Nightz

Oh crap, after seeing these mods and hearing about the voice fix, I think I'll pick this up again. Perfect timing too...someone's selling it for $30 on Craigslist. :D

industrian

Wollan said:
Someone make a Helghast.

Like now.

We can put this debate to an end in one glorious battle.

I can just see it now. A massive war between the Spartans and the Helghans.
With the Chimera ready to fight the winner.

There really is infinite potential with this shit.

GAF really needs to declare what should be included in a "GAF Official Mods" pack, as in, everyone needs to install those mods, maps and mutators so that we can one day revel in the awesome glory that is Nathan Hale vs. Spartans vs. Helghans vs. Gordon Freeman vs. Chimerans on a remake of DE Dust. :lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Wow this patch seems to fix everything I wanted it to. Except multiple imports :p

Might start playing again, send me a request.

PSN: Name_Generated

Also, what button do you push to talk?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What's keeping people from putting, uh, NSFW models in the game?

Or, to phrase it another way, why haven't people put NSFW models in the game yet?

industrian

NameGenerated said:
Wow this patch seems to fix everything I wanted it to. Except multiple imports :p

Might start playing again, send me a request.

PSN: Name_Generated

Also, what button do you push to talk?

Right D-Pad toggles chatting. But it can be allocated to another button.

Make sure you take Voice Mute off in the options though.

Speevy

Banned
I'm so glad they finally fixed this part of the game. If you don't make the model really distinct, it just looks like a big blob of textures running around the screen.

NameGenerated said:
Only you can see your custom model correct? Or would everyone see, say...Cloud, running around?
If they have the model installed they see it, although there seems to be a bug that if someone joins mid game with a custom model the other players won't see his new model, even if they have it installed.

McLovin

So theres a Halo Map.. and a Master Chief Character mod... I wonder how long its gonna be before Microsoft releases its legal attack dogs :(

McLovin said:
So theres a Halo Map.. and a Master Chief Character mod... I wonder how long its gonna be before Microsoft releases its legal attack dogs :(
Never. There's been halo maps and Master Chief skins for the previous UTs as well.

Btw, the full Locust team and other COG models were just recooked for PS3, along with some other ones like the Crysis suit and Spawn. I'll post some pics in a while

Raist

Banned
McLovin said:

MS sueing Epic would certainly be interesting. But I don't think it will happen :p

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh shit, I haven't played UT3 in a long time, but this certainly looks interesting. Sign me up! What do I need to download?

Top Bottom