• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

kbear

MetalMurphy, this is seriously amazing stuff. The possibilities are endless..

- Helghast soldier
- Haze soldier with the yellow helmet
- Duke Nukem
- Tons more

Firewire said:
Send over the links. :D

Are you guys setting up you're own servers at night? I need to look for you guys tonight, hopefully I can join in if the ping isn't to crazy.

So far I've only tested them with industrian, making our own servers, we had to pin point the bugs it had, we found 2 so far:

- If you mix body parts, even if they appear corectly on the char select screen, there might be texture bugs in game.
- If someone joins mid game no one will see his custom model, but it'll all be fine on the second round and so on.

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
So far I've only tested them with industrian, making our own servers, we had to pin point the bugs it had, we found 2 so far:

- If you mix body parts, even if they appear corectly on the char select screen, there might be texture bugs in game.
- If someone joins mid game no one will see his custom model, but it'll all be fine on the second round and so on.

Got the links, thanks allot Metalmurphy!

I've got a bit of work ahead to get all those on my system. Anyways what do I do different now in terms of uploading mods, I haven't grabbed any since the update.

Firewire said:
Got the links, thanks allot Metalmurphy!

I've got a bit of work ahead to get all those on my system. Anyways what do I do different now in terms of uploading mods, I haven't grabbed any since the update.
Just put the JAM files in the root of the Memory stick, you don't have to create those PS3/blabla folders

Draft said:
Downloading custom models can be seriously addicting. I used to have 100+ for Quake 3.

Same here for Quake 2 and Jedi Knight. My favourite so far:
2ynl9v9.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Draft said:
Downloading custom models can be seriously addicting. I used to have 100+ for Quake 3.

Seriously! I just looked over my folder I have 48 mods, most are maps with some mutators scattered in for good measure.

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Just put the JAM files in the root of the Memory stick, you don't have to create those PS3/blabla folders

Ok cool, I'll get on it a bit latter this afternoon. Thanks again for the links!

JimiNutz

Banned
Wow some of these are awesome! My PS3 can't connect to the internet (campus connection) do I need to have my PS3 online to get these mods? Also does anybody know where I can get the mod that makes the game play in third person?

Firewire

Banned
NutJobJim said:
Wow some of these are awesome! My PS3 can't connect to the internet (campus connection) do I need to have my PS3 online to get these mods? Also does anybody know where I can get the mod that makes the game play in third person?

You can use either you're computer or the PS3.

Yes there are a couple of mutators that allows for third person view.

You can check them out here.

http://www.ut3mod.com/

I like this one allot.
Mutator - MK3rdPersonMutator
Mod Type: Mutator
Name: MK3rdPersonMutator
Author: Jeremy J. Collins "neoaez"
Website URL: ModDB
READ ME
File Size: 97 kb
Description: Another 3rd person shooter mod. This one brings the camera farther back.

JimiNutz

Banned
Firewire said:
You can use either you're computer or the PS3.

Yes there is a mutator that allows for third person view.

You can check them out here.

http://www.ut3mod.com/

I like this one allot.

Cool. So I download them on my PC and I can transfer them with an external hard drive, or do I need one of those Sony memory stick things? Sorry I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff.

Firewire

Banned
NutJobJim said:
Cool. So I download them on my PC and I can transfer them with an external hard drive, or do I need one of those Sony memory stick things? Sorry I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff.

You download the the file on you're PC and transfer it to a storage device, a memory stick, even a PSP. If you're using an external hard drive make sure the PS3 will recognize it first.

Truespeed

Firewire said:
There are plenty of people with multiple mod maps playing all the time. Sometimes I get into servers and they are always running mod maps and not the original maps. Currently I have over 40 mods on my PS3, and I'm not alone, so I don't think its a problem for the userbase.

Regardless they can improve the process, but its not like the current set up is stopping anybody.

I didn't say it was stopping anyone. I'm just saying this silly procedure doesn't belong on a console. Things I would like to see changed:

1. Patch the game to import anything with a JAM extension (of course, audit the file to ensure it's a valid JAM file and always ask for verification). I mean, having to name the file USERDATA.JAM? Really Epic?

2. Build in a mini browser to download and import officially sanctioned UT3 mods with a click of a button.

Firewire

Banned
Truespeed said:
I didn't say it was stopping anyone. I'm just saying this silly procedure doesn't belong on a console. Things I would like to see changed:

1. Patch the game to import anything with a JAM extension (of course, audit the file to ensure it's a valid JAM file and always ask for verification). I mean, having to name the file USERDATA.JAM? Really Epic?

2. Build in a mini browser to download and import officially sanctioned UT3 mods with a click of a button.

Yeah I would definitely agree with you on those points. But I also think something is holding them back, some technical issue or something. Because I definitely don't think the current process was thought up to be the best way to go about it.

Firewire said:
The Halo link isn't working, you end up with 404 "Not found" the other two are fine.
Yeah, it's fixed already, forgot the server was case sensitive :p

Already uploading a new one too.

Btw, the site is optimized for 720p and it fits prefectly on an HDTV.

Adamrogo

Banned
I've found a few places, but what's the best resource for mods, maps, models and skins for the PS3 version? I really want to find some great character models..

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I assume you are going to add as many maps, mutators, and the like as you can MetalMurphy? I would love you so much if you did.

iceatcs

What folder I need to set on the removable storage?
Is it just 'MOD' in the dir?

If so, why it didn't find the data when in the game.

Adamrogo said:
Any reason we don't see the new models' arms when in FPS mode? You see generic armor, not the skin.

Any ideas?
It's supposed to be like that. It's a different model, I'm sure the arms can also be done but the modeller needs to model them separately.

iceatcs

Which one to save the mod file to? (US version)

root:\MOD\
or
root:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30086-MODIMPORT

(I have done both and couldn't find in the game setup)
Or is it because Character mods require different method?

iceatcs

Since no one reposed but I found myself, I realized the file must instead on root of the flash drive but not in any folder.

Blame lack of tutorial note in the UT3mod.com.

iceatcs said:
What folder I need to set on the removable storage?
Is it just 'MOD' in the dir?

If so, why it didn't find the data when in the game.
I'm pretty sure the root is where it's supposed to be now after the patch.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
OK guys, I want to experiment alittle. I have the PC version and I want to import a character. I have a zip file containing the character and now I am stumped. Any help?

Dani said:
OK guys, I want to experiment alittle. I have the PC version and I want to import a character. I have a zip file containing the character and now I am stumped. Any help?
Sorry, I have no idea how the PC version works

Hey guys, I'm hosting a server (PS3 version) named "Custom Models | 3RD Person" if anyone is around join up! ^^

Firewire

Banned
Had some great matches last night. Got on to late though to play with the Europeans though, so I missed out on some of that action. Anyways I'll try and get on this afternoon (EST) hopefully I'll catch some of you guys online.

Aeon712

I really wanna get back into Unreal esp with the character mods but Hot Shots Golf has consumed my gaming life with Crisis Core taking over Tuesday.

Truespeed

Aeon712 said:
I really wanna get back into Unreal esp with the character mods but Hot Shots Golf has consumed my gaming life with Crisis Core taking over Tuesday.

It looks like you have no choice but to import a HSG character model into UT3.

Top Bottom