• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Firewire

Banned
FiRez said:
so the PS3 didn't have split screen online?

I thought there was a co-op mode

No split screen, but you had online co-op for the campaign mode, I think up to 6 people.

The big thing is that there no mention about mods at all!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I just got the PC version guys. I love everything about this game, even the campaign (which I am playing to get familiar with the maps, weapons, and strategies). However, I have no friends, can I add some of you? My id is "godhandiscen"

Wow, those 360 shots look very close to what I get with everything at max on the PC, the 360 is a beast.

FiRez said:
so the PS3 version didn't have split screen online?

I thought there was a co-op mode
Online Co-op, and it's kinda stupid calling it co-op since it's just your standard on-line game except your playing against bots. Then again... It's like that on the single player too :lol

FiRez

Firewire said:
No split screen, but you had online co-op for the campaign mode, I think up to 6 people.

that'so to bad :(
I was thinking about getting the PS3 version, but online split-screen is a deal breaker in my situation, I've a LAN center and the only feature that interest most of my clients when there is a new online FPS is the split screen option

godhandiscen

FiRez said:
I was thinking about getting the PS3 version, but online split-screen is a deal breaker in my situation, I've a LAN center and the only feature that interest most of my clients when there is a new online FPS is the split screen option
I love those places, do you have Halo 3 in your place? Where is it?

FiRez said:

So you have a LAN center with just one system?

Firewire said:

Yup, no mention of mods. Ah well, at this stage I'm just happy the game actually has a rough release date now (Summer 2008 from the new trailer), the wait was getting annoying. At least Epic are making the best of a bad situation and throwing 5 new maps, the 3 bonus pack ones, new characters and split-screen on there.

godhandiscen

I might be getting the 360 version just because the PC one is too damn fast for me.

FiRez

godhandiscen said:
I love those places, do you have Halo 3 in your place? Where is it?

Thanks but I'm from Honduras, I'm probably the only one that offers online gaming in my city :lol , I had Halo 3 but my 2nd xbox 360 died a month ago and since there is no MS support here I'm screwed :(

Metalmurphy said:
So you have a LAN center with just one system?

:lol No, but next-gen is expensive so I just bough one PS3
I have 4 original xbox (H2 in xlink kai is inmortal here O_O) , 2 PS2, 1 wii, 1 PS3, 3 average PC (people around here just play SC, DoTA)

and like I said I had 2 xbox 360 but they're dead now :/

I would love to take pics but I'm remodeling right now so everything looks messed up, maybe in 1 month I will make a thread

godhandiscen

The reason why I love LAN places is because I used to live in South America, and that was the only way to find competition back then. I had a PSone, so I was lucky, but if I wanted to play against other people I had to go to those places. Winning Eleven and Starcraft ruled back then.

godhandiscen

Wow, I am loving this game. I just got the hang of it. Applied some lessons learned from Halo and...

OMFG.jpg

Is there a GAF clan or something? I want to enjoy this game with friends.

Rahnter

I'm having trouble importing mods. I create the PS3/SAVEDATA/BLUS30086-MODIMPORT and place the jam files in the last folder, but I still get a "no data on the storage file" message. Am I missing something? Does it matter that I'm using a micro sd reader?

Madman

Rahnter said:
I'm having trouble importing mods. I create the PS3/SAVEDATA/BLUS30086-MODIMPORT and place the jam files in the last folder, but I still get a "no data on the storage file" message. Am I missing something? Does it matter that I'm using a micro sd reader?
You don't need to make that folder anymore.

Rahnter said:

Mods go on the root of the MS now.

godhandiscen

Ok, horrible noob question here. I downlooaded a character pack for the PC version. Where do I put it?

Strike

Firewire said:

Wait a minute, I'm still not following. I just want to make sure. Are we just talking about online split screen or does the PS3 not support any kind (online or offline) because that's kind of important to me.

Synless

Strike said:
Firewire said:
QUOTE]

Wait a minute, I'm still not following. I just want to make sure. Are we just talking about online split screen or does the PS3 not support any kind (online or offline) because that's kind of important to me.
No split screen at all on the ps3.

NeonBlade

Banned
Strike said:

Yes you can start a co-op campaign online at any time you wish, however there is no spilt-screen. Not much of a deal breaker for me.

UTIII is Godly tho', although I'm terrible, I love everything about this game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
g35twinturbo said:
how in the hell can I play a mod :( I can't seem to start a game with the 2D mode?

if you only has the UT2D game mode you must download UT2D maps

first you must download the game mode "UT2D 1.0" to your PS3 ( thumb drive /Memory stick root ) and import it (Go to "Community" then "My Content ) , then download any UT2D map you want and import them , you will find the new game mode at instant action and multiplay .

Here is a link for Unreal III Limited Edition (shirt included) for $19.99. I am ordering this and chronicles of riddick and Timeshift for a total of $39.69 including shipping.

Awesome-sauce :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Just picked up the PC version for cheap, anybody got any map recommendations for CTF? I never really play that gametype on PS3.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Not really, unless you have lots of fun playing against the bots.

Hard to find any matches, and the game still has HORRENDOUS freezing issues when trying to join games.

ouch that sucks. i had high hopes for this game, but my friend rented it and said it was nothing special. was hoping for some improvements over time

Crayon

It had alot of potential but they dropped the ball on PC and PS3. Maybe they can coordinate a revival with the 360 game coming out.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It's worth $40 for the PS3 version. Of course it doesn't have CoD 4 or Resistance numbers, but I can always find a DM game with good ping.

Erebus

Guileless said:
It's worth $40 for the PS3 version. Of course it doesn't have CoD 4 or Resistance numbers, but I can always find a DM game with good ping.

By now, I assume everyone has dropped the ball on both PC and PS3 versions. It's a shame really, if you think about all the potential the game could have had with the mods and everything.

Gowans

I waited for the 360 release of this and picked it up today (UK/Euro Release).

I have been on shooter overload recently Halo 3, TF2, COD4 & BFBC so I wasn't expecting a lot but wow Im really having fun with it.

So quick and arcadey, been playing with some friends online, the smaller deathmatch games have been my fave so far. I think its been a breath of fresh air for me, guess this will be my weekend.

Some of the other gamemodes seem a little overcomplicated at the mo but sure I'll pick them up, also the first time a big walker thing popped up it was ace (not a fan of teh hoverboard yet).

Top Bottom