• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Aladuf

Banned
besada said:
Download the Lego level. It's hilarious. Gibbing dudes inside a Lego house is the best.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that. I just watched the video for it and it looks fucking awesome.

New version of Cloud just appeared, along with Zack:

bothan9.jpg

SSJChar

i hope someone makes some mgs characters. that would be sweet. i just got the game last night so i havn't even really played it yet. are there any people who actually play this online for ps3? big/small community? any modern warfare style mods out?

SSJChar said:
i hope someone makes some mgs characters. that would be sweet. i just got the game last night so i havn't even really played it yet. are there any people who actually play this online for ps3? big/small community? any modern warfare style mods out?
There's no total conversion mods out yet. And yes, there's plenty of people playing it online.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So this game supports rumble? Is it in the menu options somewhere or will it work by default?

Firewire

Banned
levious said:
So this game supports rumble? Is it in the menu options somewhere or will it work by default?

Yes it supports rumble, I believe it is on by default, but if you're not getting any rumble press the Playstation button on the controller in game to access the option of turning rumble on.

levious

ah, thanks, I thought that in game PS button thing was only for PS2/PS1 games.

theBishop

Banned
i'm hosting a game with the map (no MC model though) if anyone feels like playing. Damn they did a nice job with this. If someone doesn't remake Headlong, I might have to do it myself.

SSJChar

the mappack for ut3 on psn is kinda new. it was in the last update for the old store i believe.
anyone playing the 2d mod? i just downloaded version 0.97 and its a blast. .98 is out but theres only 1 map so far.

Didn't knew that 2D mod was for PS3 :eek:

/me gets!

On a side a note I'm having problems with my Sonic :( Can't attach it to the UT3 skeleton mesh meh.

Rahnter said:
On a semi-related note, if I don't plan on using k/m, is this game still worth it?

I've only played rts on pc, no fps.
Controller works better than I thought. As long as you have experience with console FPS you should be fine, it's not like you're used to playing FPS with KB&M anyway.

Delriach

Banned
I use a controller primarily, and I'm pretty fine with it. I don't really care too much about dying so it never bothered me. I do use a k/m combination sometimes though. You could always play in games that don't have that option enabled.

urge26

is there still a community on the PS3 version of the game? Gamestop has it for 39.99 new, 34.99 used (26.25 with the 25% off coupon floating around).

urge26 said:
is there still a community on the PS3 version of the game? Gamestop has it for 39.99 new, 34.99 used (26.25 with the 25% off coupon floating around).
Yes, get it.

The community has actually gotten bigger lately.

dagZ said:
Can someone explain to me how to put mods on the ps3? Like what folders I have to make.

Just plug in some sort of USB storage and use Metalmurphy's site. It automatically downloads to the right place if you're using the PS3 browser. Oh btw, thanks for the download page Metalmurphy.

Any GAFFers want to play with some custom mods hit me up, ukbrainstew is my PSN ID.

sajj316

Metalmurphy said:
My website has it:

http://ut3mods.alturl.com/

Is that a poor attempt at calling the mod a ripoff?

Thank you sir for the Coagulation mod link! It is a great map! I've seen a dude on the Epic forums make a Gridlock map (modified UT3 style) called HIZLO (sp?). Gridlock is one of my all time favorite maps ... can't wait to play it once its cooked for the PS3.

dagZ

brain_stew said:
Just plug in some sort of USB storage and use Metalmurphy's site. It automatically downloads to the right place if you're using the PS3 browser. Oh btw, thanks for the download page Metalmurphy.

Any GAFFers want to play with some custom mods hit me up, ukbrainstew is my PSN ID.

everytime I try and download something, I see no savedata in my PS3 folder.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
installing mods/models one at a time is a drag. theres got to be another way. if i rename the files, will it still import them ok?

360 version details:
It may have taken a little while longer than the rest of the pack, but Epic Games' other franchise is on its way to Xbox 360 soon. A release date hasn't yet been announced, but you can be sure that the extra time is going to good use. The Xbox 360 release will contain five new exclusive maps those other platforms didn't get, two new characters and will include two player splitscreen action. All that and it also sports all of the downloadable content that Epic has created for the PS3 and PC.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867258p1.html

New trailer:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/746631/unreal-tournament-2007/videos/UT3_041408.html

Apologies if already posted.

levious

Bad_Boy said:
Ah ok. :(

We'll... I'm still greatful that we can even install mods. :)

multiple memory devices allow you to install multiple files. A drag though, yes.

Wonderdog

Hey all, just got this game from a buddy last night. Popped it into my PS3 and noticed that the controls are kinda out of whack. now and then the controls pull my character to the right. It happens over and over again, and is really annoying. Tried out three different PS3 controllers, but none fixed the issues. Is this an issue that's been fixed with a patch?

Top Bottom