• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Wollan

Just downloaded and played the Lego map.

So bizarre and awesome at the same time. And hey, being able to destroy the whole map is nice!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wollan said:
Just downloaded and played the Lego map.

So bizarre and awesome at the same time. And hey, being able to destroy the whole map is nice!

Can you youtube the lego map?

KGKK

Banned
So after reading about all these mods, I'm gonna cave in and buy this game tomorrow hopefully. Is there a main site to get all the main PS3 mods with a tutorial? Also how is the community on UT3? Does GAF have daily games with it? Can you use the mods in the single player campaign?

LRB1983

Banned
After Master Chief... New Photos by me xD.
2gwuf85.jpg

2jeectj.jpg

fkctgp.jpg

30abzup.jpg

Unreal is awesome :D, Samus Aran is Awesome

Cruzader

Banned
Nice Samus Aran pics, she has a nice ass too :lol

Also, were those made by that EvilEngine guy? and if so, were they released without his consent again?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
WhatRuOn said:
You know that the original Quake came out about 12 years ago right?
Yet modding has never really existed in the console world. It's still a big deal, I'd say.

Cheeto

dark10x said:
Yet modding has never really existed in the console world. It's still a big deal, I'd say.
Personally, I don't see what the platform has to do with it.

I just see a question like this,
"Where can you play a Master Chief vs. Marcus Fenix grudge match? How about an Everquest vs. Biker Mice from Mars capture the flag game? Or Cloud from Final Fantasy vs. Spawn? Well, there’s only one place - Unreal Tournament 3."

and add, hundreds of FPS games released in the last decade.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
WhatRuOn said:
Personally, I don't see what the platform has to do with it.

I just see a question like this,
"Where can you play a Master Chief vs. Marcus Fenix grudge match? How about an Everquest vs. Biker Mice from Mars capture the flag game? Or Cloud from Final Fantasy vs. Spawn? Well, there’s only one place - Unreal Tournament 3."

and add, hundreds of FPS games released in the last decade.
Well, to be fair, the UE3 engine allows a new level of fidelity when it comes to custom models. Quake may have allowed it, but let's face, most of the models released were f*ck ugly and animated like shit. Even models created for UT2004 weren't exactly great.

Some of the models we've seen for UT3 have been damn near professional quality.

It's certainly not a big deal to me, though. I'm pretty much over the whole "mod" thing. Occasionally you get something cool out of it, but in general, most experiences just feel weak in comparison to professional games. Back when we were only talking about map packs, I felt differently. Doom and Quake packs were often incredible and played better than many of the official id maps. These days, it takes too much effort to even come close to matching any of the professional stuff.

That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, of course. Portal is perfect for new maps, Crysis allows for some neat stuff using already existing assets, and there were a couple neat things created for various other games over the last decade (that Shambler's Castle map for Doom 3 was amazing, for instance).

I just don't care about all those random multiplayer mods people create.

Cheeto

dark10x said:
Well, to be fair, the UE3 engine allows a new level of fidelity when it comes to custom models. Quake may have allowed it, but let's face, most of the models released were f*ck ugly and animated like shit. Even models created for UT2004 weren't exactly great.

Some of the models we've seen for UT3 have been damn near professional quality.
I can give you that, but I think that the power of today's hardware has more to do with that.

Crayon

I dl'd and installed the map pack off of the PS Store.

Now the game freezes every time I try to enter a game. Even a single player game.

Am I alone here?

I would delete the game data and re-install, but then I believe I would lose al my mods.

Firewire

Banned
Crayon said:
I dl'd and installed the map pack off of the PS Store.

Now the game freezes every time I try to enter a game. Even a single player game.

Am I alone here?

I would delete the game data and re-install, but then I believe I would lose al my mods.
Its a glitch, disable the mods, then re-nable them. I haven't had any problems since.

besada

Banned
Just got finished playing around on the Lego map with Master Chief in 3rd person. Sweetness.

I also like how they've streamlined the process of importing maps, mutators, and characters.

Good job, EPIC.

Smidget

besada said:
Just got finished playing around on the Lego map with Master Chief in 3rd person. Sweetness.

I also like how they've streamlined the process of importing maps, mutators, and characters.

Good job, EPIC.

How did they streamline the process? I haven't imported mods since they had to go into a special folder on a USB drive one-at-a-time. Import many at a time now?!

besada

Banned
Smidget said:
How did they streamline the process? I haven't imported mods since they had to go into a special folder on a USB drive one-at-a-time. Import many at a time now?!

Still one at a time, but the file goes on the root. Better yet, ut3mod.com has direct links, so you can pop in a USB stick, dl the mod to the root of it, and then open UT3 to import. Not perfect, but it removes the need for the file structure, and th need to DL it on the PC and then plug a stick into the PS3.

-viper-

Banned
Hey guys where can I download some cool custom models for the PS3 version?

Also, how do I NOT SUCK at online? It's pretty hard.

Also, dayuum - this game looks beautiful. Looks as good as the PC version (I have a 8800GTS card so I can run it at max graphics etc)

Smidget said:
Would like to know this too.

Aladuf

Banned
Alright, I have to ask you guys... for about 3 days I've been searching everywhere just to find ANY Gears of War character for UT3 (PS3 version) I've been all over Epics forums it feels like and I'm just not getting lucky finding anything. So, can any of you point me in the right direction to Gears characters I can get for UT3?

besada

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
Alright, I have to ask you guys... for about 3 days I've been searching everywhere just to find ANY Gears of War character for UT3 (PS3 version) I've been all over Epics forums it feels like and I'm just not getting lucky finding anything. So, can any of you point me in the right direction to Gears characters I can get for UT3?

http://ezbugs.x10hosting.com/UT3MODS/chars.html

Has Marcus, Cole, Locust, Master Chief, Cloud, Some weird rats, and others. Samus Aran is available on UT3mod.com, as is the Lego map and a ton of other maps and mutators.

Aladuf

Banned
besada said:
http://ezbugs.x10hosting.com/UT3MODS/chars.html

Has Marcus, Cole, Locust, Master Chief, Cloud, Some weird rats, and others. Samus Aran is available on UT3mod.com, as is the Lego map and a ton of other maps and mutators.

Ah, Sweet! Thanks, now the only problem I'm having is when I download them to my flash drive and go into UT3 and try to extract the mods off of it, it says there is no data on the flash drive... am I doing it wrong somewhere?! :lol

Madman

Aladuf23 said:
Ah, Sweet! Thanks, now the only problem I'm having is when I download them to my flash drive and go into UT3 and try to extract the mods off of it, it says there is no data on the flash drive... am I doing it wrong somewhere?! :lol
You have to do it 1 at a time.

2real4tv

Aladuf23 said:

Where on the flash drive are u downloading suppose to be root

besada

Banned
Aladuf23 said:

Copy one to the root of the flash drive, then open UT3, got to my community and import. Should work fine. You do have to make sure you got the latest UT3 update for the saving to root to work.

Firewire

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
Make sure its blank, no file structure.

Aladuf

Banned
Madman said:
You have to do it 1 at a time.

Like, 1 character on the flash drive at a time? If so then that's my problem.

2real4tv said:
Where on the flash drive are u downloading suppose to be root

I'm just putting them right onto the flash drive... should I have them in specific folders or something?

besada

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
Like, 1 character on the flash drive at a time? If so then that's my problem.

Yep. Each one saves as Userdata.jam. So it's download, start up and import, then download again. But you can do it from the PS3's web-browser.

besada

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
Alright, to the guys that helped me out, Thanks a lot! I've got them on my PS3 now and I'm using Marcus.

Download the Lego level. It's hilarious. Gibbing dudes inside a Lego house is the best.

Top Bottom