• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
For Pete's sake - let's just nip this in the bud right now. If you've got a private message, send it yourself instead of dropping "PM"s in here like ravers popping E tabs.

Never mind the whole magazine scan issue...

SyNapSe

bishoptl said:
For Pete's sake - let's just nip this in the bud right now. If you've got a private message, send it yourself instead of dropping "PM"s in here like ravers popping E tabs.

Never mind the whole magazine scan issue...

Damnit!

We were racking up the post-count! :\

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol, just saw the daily show halo clip during the elections. awesome stuff

Joe

even though its probably 4 years away its not too early to talk about halo3 is it? :D

i hope they make the covenant more serious. along the lines of the prophet. more serious/mature art direction and the same for their personalities especially the grunts. they should make all the aliens viscious like the brutes.

op_ivy

Joe said:
even though its probably 4 years away its not too early to talk about halo3 is it? :D

i hope they make the covenant more serious. along the lines of the prophet. more serious/mature art direction and the same for their personalities especially the grunts. they should make all the aliens viscious like the brutes.

choking.jpg

:p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Can't escape the hype...played Battlefront today and all everybody talked about was how much they were looking forward to playing Halo 2. Same for my trip to Gamestop, preorder madness.

Iceman

okay how about this one guys? An ebgames employee working at a gamestop (they needed extra people) told me that not only is the next elder scrolls targeted for a xbox2 launch but so is the next Halo.

Complete craziness? or substantiated claims?

op_ivy

Iceman said:
okay how about this one guys? An ebgames employee working at a gamestop (they needed extra people) told me that not only is the next elder scrolls targeted for a xbox2 launch but so is the next Halo.

there si no way in hell its a launch title (if thats what you are indeed saying...). with that said, halo 3 will come to xenon. 100% positive.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Iceman said:

Doubtful either will be launch, but they will almost certainly be there.

Op, the Covenant are already pretty serious and scary. The grunts are the only ones that aren't, but if you read the books, they're pretty clearly FORCED into the whole mess. They're a lazy species who likes relaxing in their swampy homeworld. The Elites are really a nasty bunch driven by the desire for war-born glory. The Jackals are the same way, but just not with the high rank. Prophets seem pretty serious as well and I'm guessing that from the look of the brutes, they're like hunters: mean. Grunts are really the only funny characters in the Halo universe unless you count the smartass marine comments.

The hype in this thread is crazy, me likes. Man, where am I going to find the time to play this GTA:SA and all the other PS2 titles I own. Fuck, its a great time to be a gamer :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I wish someone would make a better visor for the real life MC suit.

wow that XBN cover is awesome, who did that?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Weird shit.

Apparently Halo 2 may bomb in Spain. Looks like MS fucked up the voice work of the spanish version (PAL) so bad that many people are canceling their orders and trying to get the english game, no kidding. The backslash is being HUGE.

op_ivy

Funky Papa said:
Weird shit.

Apparently Halo 2 may bomb in Spain. Looks like MS fucked up the voice work of the spanish version (PAL) so bad that many people are canceling their orders and trying to get the english game, no kidding. The backslash is being HUGE.

wha? how so? and how do people know?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
op_ivy said:

Not only that, but from the story you tell people are still wanting Halo 2, just in another language. If the demand is there, the game will sale.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
op_ivy said:
Looks like some people got it early, there are videos all over the place and MC's voice is terrible, and with terrible I mean so bad it is comical. MS and the two spanish xbox magazines have confirmed the issue BTW.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just switched my preorder for my regular edition to collector's edition at Gamestop. It seems like they are indeed getting more units in for the first shipment. Can't wait till Tuesday!

Matlock

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Looks like some people got it early, there are videos all over the place and MC's voice is terrible, and with terrible I mean so bad it is comical. MS and the two spanish xbox magazines have confirmed the issue BTW.

halo2espanol.jpg

Ay, que agonia!

border

Can someone just post up a list of links to all the MP3 snippets? I'm sure I missed some, but don't want to sift through the entire thread..

Top Bottom