• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

Fifty

Deku Tree said:
It would be crazy if this started some kind of a chain reaction.

I don't see why it would. Either some stupid employee opened the marked box and put them out, or an employee helped a friend out by sneaking one copy up front and selling it. Either way there's a major fine. If a major leak onto the internet doesn't change anything, certainly a store in Alberta won't.

Joe

dont these major chains make it so you cant even RING UP a game/cd/dvd until its supposed to be released?

Chi-Town

Well, looking at the receipt raises some questions. It indicates self-checkout. Is videogame security more lax in Canada? With the exception of budget titles, full-priced titles are usually in locked cases.

Chi-Town

Is anybody else envisioning black helicopters with Xbox logos on the side landing in the parking lot of this Walmart...

"Come on out Donnie! We know what you did!"

Ramirez

Bah,I hope the street date doesn't get broken,I've waited this long,whats a few more days?

Rawk,that tune has piano in it,sounds nice.

thorns

Banned
That receipt is proven fake:
walhalolow.jpg

Desperado

So when people say Live Co-op is out, does that mean that you can't have more than one person on Live from one Xbox? i.e. no splitscreen Live?

Desperado said:
So when people say Live Co-op is out, does that mean that you can't have more than one person on Live from one Xbox? i.e. no splitscreen Live?

You can't play through the campaign with players on different xboxen. The only way to play campaign is either single player, or two player split screen.

Multiplayer on the other hand is supported by up to 4 players per xbox splitscreen on system link and Live.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Bah,I hope the street date doesn't get broken,I've waited this long,whats a few more days?

Rawk,that tune has piano in it,sounds nice.

Great music - the actual screenshot in the background of site is a little in appropriate (guy with rocket launcher and tank destroying a Ghost). Haunting stuff.

Desperado

Mr. Lemming said:
You can't play through the campaign with players on different xboxen. The only way to play campaign is either single player, or two player split screen.

Multiplayer on the other hand is supported by up to 4 players per xbox splitscreen on system link and Live.

oooh ok. fine by me, I'll be playing multi about 50 times the amount of time I'll be playing campaign anyway. :D

MrparisSM

Banned
Underneath her goodbye letter is an invitation to "Combat Training Exercises." "I have arranged a special training exercise for crewmembers (and friends! and whomever!) 17 and older, utilizing squad-oriented combat simulation LIVEware, for Thursday, Nov. 4, from 6:00 – 9:00 pm Pacific time," read the message. These events will occur at four locations: 570 2nd Ave, New York City; 601 N. Martingale, Schaumburg, IL; 2700 W. Anderson Lane, Village Shopping Center, Austin, TX, and 101 4th St, San Francisco, CA.

What do those four locations have in common? Each has a movie theater (or theaters): Bay Cinema in New York City; Loews Woodfield Theatres in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago; the Sony Metreon in San Francisco, home of a Loews theater multiplex; and the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin.

And what will happen at these locations on November 4?

An update from Microsoft this morning has provided detailed intel on what gamers can expect. Calling it "a culmination to the Halo 2 I Love Bees program," a Microsoft spokesperson told GameSpot that “Bee Keepers” will be "guided to four locations across the country for a special event."

"Upon arrival," we were told, "the Bee Keepers will find their way to a theater where they will receive a special commemorative DVD (and a collector’s lanyard) as well as a special chapter of the ILB game specifically created for the event."

I wonder if they'll have Halo 2 playable on the Movie screens? :D

Joe

wow so they're gonna give the hardcore followers some cool ultra limited edition stuff. if i was near any of those i'd go.

BuddyC

MrparisSM said:
Halo 2 on a big as Movie screen is insane. :D Hopefully someone will take lots of pics.
At the least, they'll likely use a nice projector. Maybe it won't take up the entire movie screen, but you get the idea.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MrparisSM said:
Halo 2 on a big as Movie screen is insane. :D Hopefully someone will take lots of pics.

They showed the Halo 2 trailer here on an IMAX screen in San Jose

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guess I'll be hitting it up.

I have not followed I love bees at all though. I think it's a rather stupid marketing attempt... hopefully I still get the free swag.

I had plans that night too, oh well.

The first few hundred friends to sign up will be guaranteed admission under these conditions. I hope you will come, even if you have to come late, but I can't guarantee you will get in. I have a sneaking suspicion that when word gets out, there will be a whole lot of people who want to come that don't know a thing about bees…

http://www.ilovebees.com/404

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well on the site it says its only for people who took part in the game (they have accounts and ranks and stuff). Cool way to reward the people who worked on it.

FightyF

Banned
I think our store has Halo 2 in stock already for the past few days...quite a few boxes labelled with "Street Date: November 9th". Quite a bit early, isn't it? I've done reviews a couple weeks in advance...but I didn't know that retailers would get it around that time as well...

I haven't told anyone else in the store because I know they'll start telling others, and then they'll tell others I told them, and then I'll get in trouble with management. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MrparisSM said:
Hey Wellington, do you ahve a Digital camara? It would be cool if we got some pics. :D

Yeah I plan on making it, but I put down a class even though I didn't play ilovebees. Hopefully I didn't just fuck myself over.

MrparisSM

Banned
Wellington said:
Yeah I plan on making it, but I put down a class even though I didn't play ilovebees. Hopefully I didn't just fuck myself over.

I think all you need to do is register on the site before all the tickets at your location are gone...

MrparisSM

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
I think our store has Halo 2 in stock already for the past few days...quite a few boxes labelled with "Street Date: November 9th". Quite a bit early, isn't it? I've done reviews a couple weeks in advance...but I didn't know that retailers would get it around that time as well...

I haven't told anyone else in the store because I know they'll start telling others, and then they'll tell others I told them, and then I'll get in trouble with management. :p

When you plan on having the biggest launch in the history or a game launch, you have to be well prepared. It would have been hard for them to ship 2.5 million copies on November 8th...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
God Damnit.. its first thirsday down on South Congress too. I look forward to this day every month and now I am compelled to go do some dorky shit that will no doubt involve way too much of the red vs. blue guys and me walking away pissed.

This was on the I Love Bees site:

I found a last message from Melissa.

I realize that some of my truest allies won't be able to come to any of the four training events scheduled for November 4th, where I will also be giving out a communications log of my time here in DVD format. I'm sorry I can't do more training events, but I will be able to cache copies of the comm. log at an additional 27 locations on November 4.

UNIVERSAL STUDIO CINEMAS
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City CA

GEORGETOWN
3111 K Street, NW Washington D.C.

MERIDIAN
1501 - 7th Avenue Seattle WA

MJ GREENBRIAR
2841 Greenbriar Pkwy SW Atlanta GA

CITYPLACE
2600 North Haskell Dallas TX

MJ NORTHLINE
100 Northline Mall Houston TX

CATALINA
2320 North Campbell Ave Tucson AZ

UNIVERSAL CINEPLEX 20
6000 Universal Blvd Orlando FL

BOSTON COMMON
175 Tremont St Boston MA

WEBSTER TWELVEPLEX
2190 Empire Blvd. Webster NY

RICHMOND TOWN SQUARE
631 Richmond Road Richmond Hghts OH

WATERFRONT
300 West Waterfront Dr. West Homestead PA

CITY VIEW EIGHTPLEX
4728 Bryant Irvin Road Fort Worth TX

LAYTON HILLS 9
728 West 1425 North Layton Hills UT

COLLEGE PARK
3535 West 86th Street Indianapolis IN

PARAMUS ROUTE 4
260 East Route 4 Paramus NJ

CHERRY HILL
2121 Route 38 Cherry Hill NJ

STROUD MALL SEVEN
Rte 611-160 Stroud Mall Stroudberg PA

GRAND RAPIDS
3000 Alpine Avenue Grand Rapids MI

GREAT LAKES
4300 Baldwin Rd Auburn Hills MI

SHORE
37 Wall Street Huntington NY

PLAINVILLE
220 New Britain Avenue Plainville CT

WHITE MARSH
8141 Honeygo Blvd. Baltimore MD

LOEWS TOWNE SQUARE
2425 Vestal Parkway Vestal NY

PALISADES CENTER
4403 Palisades Ctr. Drive West Nyack NY

ROTTERDAM SQUARE MALL SIX
93 W. Campbell Road Schenectady NY

FAIRFAX SQUARE 8
8065 Leesburg Pike Vienna VA

Beginning at 18:00 Pacific Time on November 4, friends and allies can approach an official at one of these rendezvous sites and deliver the relay code: “The Operator left a message for me.” (We'll use that Operator name. When they hear it, people go :-0 )

The first 50 allies at each of the 27 locations will receive the transmission log. I can release only one log per crew member.

If you are absolutely unable to rendezvous at one of these locations, and you are on my list of trusted allies, please contact Dana [AFTER Thursday's training mission, please!] with your mailing address. She may be able to help.

So if you want a DVD of the I Love Bees story, you know where to be.

Top Bottom