• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

TeTr1C

I read in Time magazine Steven Spielburg was playing Assault On The Control Room (Halo 1 :)) and when he got in the Banshee near the end of the level he went above all the fighting and saw the moon, the music was playing, and he started crying. That's the beauty of Halo.

TeTr1C said:
I read in Time magazine Steven Spielburg was playing Assault On The Control Room (Halo 1 :)) and when he got in the Banshee near the end of the level he went above all the fighting and saw the moon, the music was playing, and he started crying. That's the beauty of Halo.

Get the fuck outta here. I like Halo just as much as anybody, but if I saw someone actually crying over the "beauty" of it, I'd jam a broomstick right up their ass. Somehow, I doubt Spielberg cried while playing the game.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'll be here:

MJ NORTHLINE
100 Northline Mall Houston TX

That is right in the MIDDLE OF THE HOOD. I probably will see CJ up there.

Solid

A little bird told me the other day that Halo 2 will get a 10/10 in the upcoming Super Play (Swedens biggest mag).

Solid

hah, what a question :p

tavling2.JPG

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dskillzhtown said:
I'll be here:

MJ NORTHLINE
100 Northline Mall Houston TX

That is right in the MIDDLE OF THE HOOD. I probably will see CJ up there.

:lol :lol :lol :lol!

Tell hime he's a straight up BUSTA.

Alright I'll be driving down there, parking will probably run me about thirty bux so let's hope this is good. If any other gaffers are gonna be there in the NYC one, send me a pm.

Ramirez

I done told you Wellie,you all think I bring the pain in Madden,you can't possibly imagine the beatdowns that will happen in Halo :D

Nester

Gamestop.com charged my credit card $54.99 today for the LE with free overnight shipping. I know it's just a preparation for next week, but it just makes it that much closer!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Deepthroat said:

I have no idea how old those are, but they really need to stop flashing around footage that doesn't represent the game. That looks much better than the final product...

dark10x

Ramirez said:
Oh please,thats a grainy ass video that hardly anyone will tell the difference with from the final game.

Yeah, but it will remind people of the E3 2003 demonstration...

It's just that I keep seeing media from the 2003 demo pop up all over (even on official Halo 2 websites). I don't understand why...

Mrbob

dark10x said:
Yeah, but it will remind people of the E3 2003 demonstration...

It's just that I keep seeing media from the 2003 demo pop up all over (even on official Halo 2 websites). I don't understand why...

When you are in the middle of a huge firefight only the most elitist of all graphics whores will remember.

dark10x

Mrbob said:
When you are in the middle of a huge firefight only the most elitist of all graphics whores will remember.

I'm sure people will notice the fact that the area they keep showing isn't in the game. :p

Mrbob

Well if it isn't in the game whats the deal? Just goes to help prove Bungie wanted to keep the single player campaign a total secret.

dskillzhtown

Well...I might not go to the Houston event afterall. I got a e-mail response letting me know that:

Soldier,

FYI, there is no live training event at that theater. It is a DVD
cache site, for pickup only.

Good luck!

That might mean only a ilovebees DVD for the additional places. Sucks for in Houston I guess.

Ramirez

I thought that level was still in just totally reworked?Who cares? ;)

I came to kick ass and chew bubblegum,and Im all out of bubblegum :D

GhaleonEB

fanfestinvite.jpg

So, what's happening at this year's event? Here's a quick run down of what's planned so far:

Play Halo 2 Multiplayer hours before anyone else in the U.S.!

Mingle and chat with members of the Bungie development team

Get a cool commemorative gift (while supplies last)

See segments from the Halo 2 bonus DVD

Win cool prizes! We'll be having an ongoing prize raffle and giving away all sorts of cool stuff including actual copies of Halo 2!

A special treat from our friends at Red vs Blue

and who knows what else we'll cook up... it should be a good time for everyone!

Print this invite out, round up your friends, and meet us downtown next Monday afternoon!

http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=5FBCE746-4C57-487C-9BA9-EFD205A2A30E

dark10x

Mrbob said:
Well if it isn't in the game whats the deal? Just goes to help prove Bungie wanted to keep the single player campaign a total secret.

It's not a big deal, it's just that I'm baffled that they keep showing it. :p

It's like using real photos to pimp GT4 without ever showing a real screenshot. :D

Joe

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/halo-2/562670p2.html
GameSpy: Have the grenades changed at all from the last game?

Tyson Green: There are some very minor changes in the way they bounce and behave, and it is now possible (albeit extremely difficult) to snipe and detonate them midair, but they are pretty true to the original aside from that. Frag grenades still bounce better than plasma grenades, and plasma grenades still stick to hapless victims.

and im not sure if you guys know or not but on november 9th, g4techtv will be "Halo2 Day".

Sander

The Rocket Launcher lock-on for taking out Banshees is a great addition, good god those things are annoying in PC multiplayer. I just hope taking out Warthogs/Ghost etc is not too easy now, but I'm sure Bungie did a lot of testing.

Joe

its not easy but its not hard. you cant be too far away from the vehicle and you have to hold the R trigger to actually lock-on. hold it for a couple seconds the crosshair will change and you'll hear a beep and let go of the R trigger and away she goes.

Mrbob

Oh man I'm so damn giddy for this game being so close to release. Thankfully, I purposefully scheduled myself to work every day through the 8th to keep me busy! But I have off the 9th and I think Halo 2 day should be considered a national holiday! :D

What's so "VS" about those videos anyway? I don't see Snoop playing the game....or Korn...so what's that all about then? Did those bands/musicians MAKE those videos and the music or something?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Penny-Arcade said:
Also check out our Halo 2 ads. It’s funny because we talked to Bungie about it months ago and originally they wanted the ads to say “Remember that shitty game Halo? Well this is the Sequel.” We thought that was fucking awesome but unfortunately the Microsoft PR machine didn’t agree and so we ended up with pretty standard Halo 2 ads. I’m still proud to be advertising it anyway. Tycho’s played a lot more of it than I have but we both agree it’s going to be a Halo killer.
:lol I love Bungie's sense of humor! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hi, this is Dana! I'm taking over the training event RSVPs for
Melissa. And in her words:

Crew member:

Congratulations. Your name has been added to the admission list for
the New York training event.

Arrive at the mission coordinates between 16:45 – 17:45 Pacific Time
and announce your presence to the attendant, who will check your name
against a roster for priority admission. If you arrive late, admission
to and participation in this exercise cannot be guaranteed. I
anticipate considerable demand.

Please remember: You must be 17 or older to attend. ID will be checked.

You may wish to print out this email as confirmation to bring to the
training event.

Also: Now that most members of my loyal crew have reserved
admission, I am more comfortable extending the invitation to new
friends and allies. I would like to give you permission to inform
them of the event. Admission is limited, but if they follow the same
reservation procedures, I will do my best to accommodate and confirm
admission to those who contact me first.

I'm in, it seems.

Straight from IGN:

Here's some pics of some Halo 2 promo stuff in Times Square. Evidently these were shot with a cell phone so the quality sucks, but you get the general idea.

43481298053_3300.jpg

43481332869_3300.jpg

43481364741_3300.jpg

43481433861_3300.jpg

43481569541_3300.jpg

43481492485_3300.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Straight from IGN:

Here's some pics of some Halo 2 promo stuff in Times Square. Evidently these were shot with a cell phone so the quality sucks, but you get the general idea.

43481298053_3300.jpg

43481332869_3300.jpg

43481364741_3300.jpg

43481433861_3300.jpg

43481569541_3300.jpg

43481492485_3300.jpg

Holy crap!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably gonna try and go to the New York event. See if I can get an invitation. :D

And holy crap at those Times Square shots. It's really pretty unbelievable how big Halo 2 has managed to get.

dskillzhtown

Uno Ill Nino said:
What's so "VS" about those videos anyway? I don't see Snoop playing the game....or Korn...so what's that all about then? Did those bands/musicians MAKE those videos and the music or something?

In Europe, the vs means a collaboration or a duet, IIRC. So it is Halo footage plus the artists' music.

Top Bottom