• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

abrack08

Man I feel bad about that last win. Down 3-1 in the 9th. On my screen, Prince Fielder hits a broken bat ball to short, gets thrown out easily. Then I pinch hit for Shoo, and all of a sudden there's a runner on 1st with no outs. Carlos Quentin hits a game tying HR, then I score another run to walk off. Craziness.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, they called him safe on my screen too, I just assumed he was out because the ball beat him there. Looks like the 1B was not standing on the bag, that must be why

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Man I feel bad about that last win. Down 3-1 in the 9th. On my screen, Prince Fielder hits a broken bat ball to short, gets thrown out easily. Then I pinch hit for Shoo, and all of a sudden there's a runner on 1st with no outs. Carlos Quentin hits a game tying HR, then I score another run to walk off. Craziness.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, they called him safe on my screen too, I just assumed he was out because the ball beat him there. Looks like the 1B was not standing on the bag, that must be why

Shit had me heated dude lol. I didn't see the replay but I was like wtf is going on. Being all pissed off that they called him safe I ended up giving up a homer in the next at bat. Complete collapse. And then the fucking weird ass tag you had me out on when I scored a run in a earlier inning, and then they called him out. I'm sure shit like this will happen to all of us so I can't complain too much but fuck me that shit pissed me off lol. still was a gg tho.

abrack08

That was because you left base early on the fly ball. Whether you actually did or not I don't know, but that's what the game thought.

rinse82

I don't know how yall do zone hitting. My problem with zone hitting is i find it hard to place my bat in the areas right around the middle...because you have to react so fast my PCI always ends up too far where ever I wanted to actually put it

What do you use then? Timing?

I would say the downside to analog is that low pitches can be hard to hit because what exactly the fuck do you do? I feel like I have to sweep my stick down and that's kind of unnatural. I used to be a zone hitter but I liked the feeling of being able to push and pull a pitch, it feels like with zone you just place the PCI where the ball is and then hope for the best. I wouldn't say it's more difficult though.

Probably not, I'll be around all day tomorrow though

I just picked up a Washington Nationals DD card and wondered who their legendary player is.........Andre Dawson of the Expos :(
I have realized that certain legends are bad to pursue, especially the ones who have several guys in front of them. What if I get Chris sale and I'm stuck with his ass?!

Speaking of which I don't know how frank Thomas isn't the white sox legend

I have realized that certain legends are bad to pursue, especially the ones who have several guys in front of them. What if I get Chris sale and I'm stuck with his ass?!

Speaking of which I don't know how frank Thomas isn't the white sox legend

Alomar should be Jays, shrug

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Morning everyone.

Villa you up yet bro. Want to finish out our first series.

*Disclaimer I'm very hung over this morning so you'll likely destroy me.. But I need to play in the next couple hours. Got a flight today.

DietRob

Yessir! Let's play!

Sorry for jumping the gun. But I forgot I need to call my CC companies to make sure they are aware I'm going to be out of the country and not lock my shit when they see purchases in manila.

Yea I should have already done this before Sunday when there is probably 1 phone rep working. Still on hold.. When I get done I'll message you on PSN.

v1lla21

Sorry for jumping the gun. But I forgot I need to call my CC companies to make sure they are aware I'm going to be out of the country and not lock my shit when they see purchases in manila.

Yea I should have already done this before Sunday when there is probably 1 phone rep working. Still on hold.. When I get done I'll message you on PSN.
Alright, cool.

DietRob

your not on psn.. so i'll message here. i'm finally ready.

i hope this game goes quick. i have to walk out of the house no later than an hour and a half.. hope there isn't any traffic lol

DietRob

Villa my dude. We have the best games EVER. Absolutely love playing you. Always a nail bitter..

MARLON BYRD.... MVP!!!!!

GG man.. gotta jet.

v1lla21

Villa my dude. We have the best games EVER. Absolutely love playing you. Always a nail bitter..

MARLON BYRD.... MVP!!!!!

GG man.. gotta jet.
Great game! Almost had a clutch ass 9th inning. Fuck Marlon Byrd so hard. Safe trip man!

Wtf. I've been playing DD and this motherfucker's pitcher has been out of energy since the 1st inning and he kept throwing consistently until the 7th.

Great game! Almost had a clutch ass 9th inning. Fuck Marlon Byrd so hard. Safe trip man!

Wtf. I've been playing DD and this motherfucker's pitcher has been out of energy since the 1st inning and he kept throwing consistently until the 7th.

Do you remember the PSN name? I faced someone who did that last night, he only dropped a few MPH and kept throwing screwballs in the dirt and rage quit when I hit a homerun lol

I had a guy pinch hit for his pitcher then proceed to leave his position player on the mound for 3 innings. Took a while for me to pick up the slow-ass pitches.

v1lla21

Do you remember the PSN name? I faced someone who did that last night, he only dropped a few MPH and kept throwing screwballs in the dirt and rage quit when I hit a homerun lol
Shaughn. It was followed by three numbers.

I had a guy pinch hit for his pitcher then proceed to leave his position player on the mound for 3 innings. Took a while for me to pick up the slow-ass pitches.
I scored 4 runs in the first inning. Lol.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I'll be able to do a few games tomorrow during the day since I have it off, but I know most dudes are going to be working, but if not I can definitely do a few games. tonight and tomorrow night I'll be unavailable.

Hi friends, this is what Bob wants to tell us from the grave, which he will rise from on Friday:

MrBob: let them know i can basically play almost any night after 9 central

He's dueling with Eznark tonight though, I think

Drizzler, I'll be around after 11 CT again like last night. Hopefully sooner.

Quit ducking ph33

Sorry, I'll get on now. I was spending all of today shivering at the thought of facing this:

10524262_10106030123995050_7652212937922137247_o_1.jpg

Top Bottom