• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

I finished my series against the Astros and Nationals. Think I only had one game fuck up so far.

Next is the Marlins and Dodgers. Will probably have at least 3-4 losses from those games.

What someone gonna do in Colorado, Find Bigfoot?

I would move to CO in a heartbeat if I could

If you like the outdoors, it's pretty much the perfect place to live. Too dry for bugs, 300 days of sunshine a year, hiking trails and mountains out the wazoo, lots of natural beauty, and skiing. Can't forget that skiing. I started last year and hit it again hard this year. Absolutely love skiing.

v1lla21

If you like the outdoors, it's pretty much the perfect place to live. Too dry for bugs, 300 days of sunshine a year, hiking trails and mountains out the wazoo, lots of natural beauty, and skiing. Can't forget that skiing. I started last year and hit it again hard this year. Absolutely love skiing.
I've been to Colorado to visit my cousins. Really love it there. First time I went was when I was 8 and that's literally what we did, try to find Bigfoot. Lol. I've only been skiing at Lake Tahoe.

You mentioned everything great about the state of Colorado except for you know what

TURBO1112

How does stamina for pitchers work when playing games out of order? Like a played a game against Rob, using my day 1 starter. Will he be able to pitch my next game if its against another opponent from a different series.

v1lla21

On location Coors Light?
he meant

i

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Haha loving this discussion regarding my beautiful sunny state of Colorado. Agree with everything tragic said too. Also I ain't gonna lie, having a dispensary damn near within 5 miles of anywhere you are in Denver is sweet lol.

bacon I'm in now dude so whenever you're ready send me an invite.

Opening series remaining (once finished, we can advance a series)
Mets @ Dodgers x 3
Cubs @ Brewers x 3
Angels @ Padres x 3
Red Sox @ Blue Jays x 3
Yankees @ Rays x 3
Marlins @ Astros x 2
Reds @ Giants x 2
Rangers @ Royals x 1

Dmncnby, fmt told me to let you know he will be back on Saturday

Also I now have had the joy of leaving fmt an actual voicemail saying "hey fmt you pocket dialed me!"

Which means we actually probably won't advance week 1 for another week!

TURBO1112

Staring to feel like Im not gonna get any games in. Havent heard from Cubs or Brewers. Rob may have to go out of town soon. Hopefully Swill and I can get some games in.

Staring to feel like Im not gonna get any games in. Havent heard from Cubs or Brewers. Rob may have to go out of town soon. Hopefully Swill and I can get some games in.
Did you PM them?

Don't worry, things will pickup. Just bad timing starting with others having to go out of town, but those guys are usually good with pace, you just need to be insistent contacting them because this is just one of 50000 other games they play but they'll play

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
12 hits, 2 runs. I'm the Giants alright.

I cannot believe how many you left on base..

Thanks owner of the A's for trading me this pitcher whoever he is he is clutch as fuck and gets out of jams..

Big Marlon Byrd with another hum dinger tonight! Old man's on fire. Another awesome game villa. I'm trying to figure out how to upload that Billy Hamilton pulls a Jose Conseco to share with the thread. haha..

I can't do another nerve wracking game of ours tonight. I'm beat and need to start settling down for bed. Wifey has some family day type plans for us tomorrow since I've got to go out of town for a few days. Ugh, manila

ps. Lets do try to get our last game in sometime tomorrow afternoon/night since it's the first series so phee can advance while i'm out.. whats your avail like tomorrow?

v1lla21

I cannot believe how many you left on base..

Thanks owner of the A's for trading me this pitcher whoever he is he is clutch as fuck and gets out of jams..

Big Marlon Byrd with another hum dinger tonight! Old man's on fire. Another awesome game villa. I'm trying to figure out how to upload that Billy Hamilton pulls a Jose Conseco to share with the thread. haha..

I can't do another nerve wracking game of ours tonight. I'm beat and need to start settling down for bed. Wifey has some family day type plans for us tomorrow since I've got to go out of town for a few days. Ugh, manila

ps. Lets do try to get our last game in sometime tomorrow afternoon/night since it's the first series so phee can advance while i'm out.. whats your avail like tomorrow?

Lol I love playing against you Rob, we always have some great games! Yeah man, your pitching went into 6th gear every time I needed to score a run! FUCK Byrd. Second time he scores a Homer on me :(

It's cool man, I understand :) whenever it is that you want to play remember I'm a message away!:D

Fuck I won't be available tomorrow. I have work and then I'm going to visit my sister. I'll be available Sunday morning, but no later than 5:30pm Eastern.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sunday morning should be good for me.. I'm taking a 4pm ET flight so I'll need to be done absolute latest by 2:30... I wish remote play worked good enough for this league but not a chance it would be hell.

Hey everyone check out Billy Canseco!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmc_kjFjIU

it's my first time making a video.. sorry for taking so damn long to figure this out in our game villa.

TURBO1112

Did you PM them?

Don't worry, things will pickup. Just bad timing starting with others having to go out of town, but those guys are usually good with pace, you just need to be insistent contacting them because this is just one of 50000 other games they play but they'll play

I just sent EZ a pm, but mrbob is banned.

v1lla21

Sunday morning should be good for me.. I'm taking a 4pm ET flight so I'll need to be done absolute latest by 2:30... I wish remote play worked good enough for this league but not a chance it would be hell.

Hey everyone check out Billy Canseco!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmc_kjFjIU

it's my first time making a video.. sorry for taking so damn long to figure this out in our game villa.
Alright cool. It maybe the worst game I'll ever play depending on how fucked up I am. Lol.

Dude, it looked like it hit him on the head when it first happened. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought something was wrong on your end and that's why it had hit him. Lol.

GG Tragic, you capitalized on my brain fart lol

I thought I had a strikeout and he was stealing 3rd, when it was a dropped 3rd strike and he made it to first lol

He hit a pinch hit walkoff

Got my Joe Carter, such BS that he is only rated 85.......his clutch should be 150
I'm close to having all the jays but I'm delaying that

Main reason is you don't need any of the golds to complete the collection and if I get any blue jay golds they're all getting sold
And lol joe carter would be silver card

I'm close to having all the jays but I'm delaying that

Main reason is you don't need any of the golds to complete the collection and if I get any blue jay golds they're all getting sold
And lol joe carter would be silver card

Nah, 85 is gold isn't it?

GG Tragic, you capitalized on my brain fart lol

I thought I had a strikeout and he was stealing 3rd, when it was a dropped 3rd strike and he made it to first lol

He hit a pinch hit walkoff

Yeah, I really lucked out that game since you were dominating from the first pitch. After going down by four in the first inning, I figured I was done. I was just happy to get two runs back in the eighth to make it respectable.

I'm finding I have way better luck hitting with the regular or contact swing than the power one. Hell, both my homeruns (including the pinch hit wall off) were with the X button. Does that check out with anyone else or was it blind luck?

I don't know how yall do zone hitting. My problem with zone hitting is i find it hard to place my bat in the areas right around the middle...because you have to react so fast my PCI always ends up too far where ever I wanted to actually put it

v1lla21

I don't know how yall do zone hitting. My problem with zone hitting is i find it hard to place my bat in the areas right around the middle...because you have to react so fast my PCI always ends up too far where ever I wanted to actually put it
Yeah. I always end up moving it a bit to the point where I'll hit a groundball or pop it up. I've been switching between normal, contact, and power hitting and it's been working great. I always use contact when batting with a pitcher and I've gotten a few hits.

I've never hit as many hard-hit pop flys as I've been hitting in this version. So many giant moon shots to the shallow outfield.

abrack08

Yeah, I really lucked out that game since you were dominating from the first pitch. After going down by four in the first inning, I figured I was done. I was just happy to get two runs back in the eighth to make it respectable.

I'm finding I have way better luck hitting with the regular or contact swing than the power one. Hell, both my homeruns (including the pinch hit wall off) were with the X button. Does that check out with anyone else or was it blind luck?

I pretty much never power swing. I use the normal X swing a majority of the time, use Contact if I'm down in the count. Hit plenty of home runs with X swings, and even a few with O.

Top Bottom