• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

v1lla21

I'm available tues-friday starting at 7:00pm Pacific. I'm also available on Mondays throughout the whole day. Availability will depend on the weekends. By that time it'd be best to just message me on PSN and I'll respond within 5 minutes if it isn't acting shitty.

Mountain Time here (Colorado). I'm available most weeknights after 8:30 PM...10:30 PM Eastern Time. I realize that's late for many of you, but I work long hours and spend a couple of hours playing with my son every night. I can play 2-3 hours after he goes to bed. Same general thing applies to the weekend, only I can play longer if someone is up for it.

When you say 4-5 games in a week, does that include the possibility of playing more than one in any given night? I ask because there might be a week or two where I can't game 5 separate nights, but I almost always get in at least 2-3. I might have to play catch up some on the weekend and don't want to hold anyone hostage.

If I can play 2+ games in a single night, then the proposed schedule is super easy.

So this is the post where I get to be a dick and be upfront about each person's status!

AL East

Yankees - pistolpete2940
Orioles -
Blue Jays - BigJonsson
Red Sox - Rinse82
Rays - acheron_xl

AL Central

Tigers - Karish (Maybe?)
White Sox -
Twins - bananafactory
Royals - caliblue15
Indians -

AL West

A's - Lan Dong Mik
Angels - TURBO1112
Rangers - abrack08
Mariners - Tragicomedy
Astros - Drizzler

NL East

Mets - Dmncnby2k9
Braves - CrimsonCommie
Marlins - ph33nix
Nationals - McNeily
Phillies -

NL Central

Cubs - MrBob
Reds - WhatRobEats
Cards - Duane Cunningham
Brewers - eznark
Pirates -

NL West

Giants - v1lla21
Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
Rockies - TriniTrin
Padres -
D'Backs -

Sorry if I left anyone out. I think some people recently posted interest, but if you really are then post again!

That is 18 definite "Yes", and 2 on the bubble. Rinse/Jonsson do both of you have an alternate team, or for yall is it Jays or Bust?

I didn't put down Zoidberg, Duane, Karish, and prefire, guys who have posted several times....will take care of this in a moment

I'm in Mountain time zone, available most Saturdays and Sundays during the day.

I'm also available most weekdays from about 8 pm -10 pm Mountain time

Mrbob

With more people this year I hope the new faces play their games in a timely fashion. I know life happens as it does with everyone so if something comes up keep in contact with your opponents. Check this thread every day or gaf in general for a private message. Also don't be afraid to contact the opponent yourself to get a game in. Normally with bigger MLB The Show leagues people get excited to play but then don't show up for their games and we scale down to a smaller league.

Last season we had a 12 man league and it was great because everyone played their games. Would be cool to have a bigger than 12 league. Just asking for the new guys who join please be serious about getting games in.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
nice i didn't realize we had so many. we'll see for how long :jnc

seriously bob? i remember having to hunt you down quite a few times haha. i'm with you though and want it to run quickly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
With more people this year I hope the new faces play their games in a timely fashion. I know life happens as it does with everyone so if something comes up keep in contact with your opponents. Check this thread every day or gaf in general for a private message. Also don't be afraid to contact the opponent yourself to get a game in. Normally with a bigger MLB The Show leagues people get excited to play but then don't show up for their games and we scale down to a smaller league.

Last season we had a 12 man league and it was great because everyone played their games. Would be cool to have a bigger than 12 league. Just asking for the new guys who join please be serious about getting games in.

Bob getting all uppity!

rinse82

So this is the post where I get to be a dick and be upfront about each person's status!

Sorry if I left anyone out. I think some people recently posted interest, but if you really are then post again!

That is 18 definite "Yes", and 2 on the bubble. Rinse/Jonsson do both of you have an alternate team, or for yall is it Jays or Bust?

I didn't put down Zoidberg, Duane, Karish, and prefire, guys who have posted several times....will take care of this in a moment

I'll take the Red Sox as alternate. Which is blasphemous but I'd rather stay in the AL East.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
With more people this year I hope the new faces play their games in a timely fashion. I know life happens as it does with everyone so if something comes up keep in contact with your opponents. Check this thread every day or gaf in general for a private message. Also don't be afraid to contact the opponent yourself to get a game in. Normally with a bigger MLB The Show leagues people get excited to play but then don't show up for their games and we scale down to a smaller league.

I hear ya. I was in a madden league with FMT, Caliblue, TriniTrin, and Abrack that went really well. I think I only missed 3-4 games in the two seasons I played in that league. So I'll definitely be getting my games in.

Seeing Duane as the Cards, haha! He's gonna be pissed. I imagine he'd rather play as any other NL team.

cm-46534-05101b89c11691.jpeg

Dunbar

I was planning to try and play in the league this year, but after a few days messing around with the game, I'm so bad that I think I would probably distort the league standings.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and if you guys end up doing a 2nd league, I might ask to participate. Hope the online stuff holds up for everyone better this year.

I was planning to try and play in the league this year, but after a few days messing around with the game, I'm so bad that I think I would probably distort the league standings.

You can't possibly be worse than me! If you can commit to actually playing your games, you should sign up.

v1lla21

I'll keep an eye on the thread and if you guys end up doing a 2nd league, I might ask to participate. Hope the online stuff holds up for everyone better this year.
Just join! Lol. I was extremely bad last year, but that didn't keep me from having fun.

Hahahahaha very nice. Okay, you know what? I'll take em! Just on the off chance I do win the league with them. (Although based on my performance in past leagues that's sadly unlikely, haha).

Oh, and I'm central, and my best time is after my kids go to bed at about 9 or so.

So has anyone found the best hitting style yet? Directional, analog, zones, mixes?

I've only tried directional, but I'm really liking it. It's a strong mix between timing and location, with the two complimenting one another.

Some guys in here are saying analog is a bit of a mess this year, but I can't comment.

abrack08

Personally, I only do Zone. I just hate that the AI decides where you swing in the other modes. I'd rather pop up or hit a ground ball with good timing that's my fault for aiming too high/low than have it be the game's fault.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yep I've always done zone and I'm sticking with it. Analog hitting has always been hit or miss for me, but definitely more miss then hit haha.

Honestly I don't remember if I ever said Jonsson gets seniority, but if I remember right he did finish a season with us last year and I think Rinse started, but the awful online forced you away?

So I guess going by that, Jonsson does have seniority even though I consider both yall vets

be happy rinse, you're going to get that green monster cheese!

Pretty sure I was the Jays at the start of last season and I lasted at least one season

I think I left when most other people did

rinse82

Nah I definitely started as Jays last year and then let you have them since the game was unplayable for me. It's cool you can have them.

no one should be blamed for bailing on the abomination that was last years league.... even though i finished it out with a crushing 7 game series loss :(

jays should be played for in my opinion. but thats none of my biz!

rinse82

no one should be blamed for bailing on the abomination that was last years league.... even though i finished it out with a crushing 7 game series loss :(

jays should be played for in my opinion. but thats none of my biz!

Phee doing his madden AFC east bro raw :(

But really its ok! I'm ok with the sox.

I've been thinking about it, and I would like to free up my spot in the league. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. It's nothing to do with the social aspect, I just think I'd rather play an offline franchise on my own time. Obviously, I won't waste your time in the future and try to sign up for any other online leagues. Good luck with the league this year!

I've been thinking about it, and I would like to free up my spot in the league. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. It's nothing to do with the social aspect, I just think I'd rather play an offline franchise on my own time. Obviously, I won't waste your time in the future and try to sign up for any other online leagues. Good luck with the league this year!
Thanks for letting us know!

Top Bottom