• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

syndream

Neo Member
Hey guys
I'm looking for people to play the fifa 15 demo with, i'm also open to play the full version if someone is willing to host.
I'm located in EU , but wouldnt mind playing with americans
My psn is syndream

Oh man, I've just realized something.
You know those stupid "Start a co-op/splitscreen session" trophies in some games, that prevent you from getting platinum by yourself?
There is no need to buy a second controller or find other people with that game anymore. You can ask anyone on your friend list for help and get those trophies literally in a minute.

Anybody in the EU, preferably in the UK willing to let me test this share play thing?

Ive only really got the PS+ titles to hand right now and NFS:R/Watch dogs.

Id like to test being a host and streaming

I'd love to try Driveclub out, so if anyone wants to message me (PSN: gmrtom7), we could set something up. I'm typically free on weekends and in the afternoon on weekdays. I have:
  • Killzone
  • Assassin's Creed 4
  • MGS: GZ
  • Destiny
  • Watch Dogs
  • Need for Speed
  • Towerfall
  • Don't Starve
...and some more stuff. If anyone's interested, just send me a PSN message or a PM.

Anybody in the EU, preferably in the UK willing to let me test this share play thing?

Ive only really got the PS+ titles to hand right now and NFS:R/Watch dogs.

Id like to test being a host and streaming
I can help you with that. I'm in Russia and have a pretty good upload speed, can host a couple of games.
Would be interested in trying Watch Dogs as a guest, since I've finished "native" version not long ago.
Currently at work, but can do this in the evening.

I can help you with that. I'm in Russia and have a pretty good upload speed, can host a couple of games.
Would be interested in trying Watch Dogs as a guest, since I've finished "native" version not long ago.
Currently at work, but can do this in the evening.

Coolio, PSN is thoughtspeakable, Just put gaf in the subject field.

Idba

I have :

Fifa 14
Fifa 15
Battlefield 4
Destiny
Resogun

Will buy soon :

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Grand Theft Auto 5

Want to try :

Driveclub
Last of us Remastered
Far Cry 4 (when it comes out)

I'm in Norway, but I dont mind playing with 'Muricans. 15 down and 7 up on wifi. When i get the ethernet cable connencted it'll be around 50-70 down 50-70 up. My PSN is IdbaxD.

wapplew

Anyone try remote play a shareplay session? Like this?

Host P4---------------->Guest PS4--------------->Guest Vita.

Is it possible?

Goldrusher

If you guys could stop saying you're "online right now" if you're not, that'd be great.

WwbNekU.jpg

Just played FIFA with my friend through shareplay and it was smoothe as can be. Still can't believe how awesome this feature is!!

Gamer345

Banned
Anyone wants to shareplay Infamous SS or watchdogs with me?

I saw a post earlier about a last of us shareplay request, just pm me if anybody wants to try to last of us

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yup. As I hear it at least 2mbit [for bad picture quality]. 5mbit is recommended for good JQ.

Yes. The video quality and connection stability depends on the hosts upload speed.

Cheers. That is odd then because I hosted for someone to play Unfinished Swan and he said it ran really well and I had 4.69mb upload at that time (I have a 30mb download). He has a 100mb internet connection (don't know what his upload speed is) but I couldn't join him because it said his connection was too slow. Surely with a 100mb internet connection he would have a better upload speed than me?

I'm buying some headphones. It was fantastic watching him play the game on my TV, and I really wanted to ask what he was thinking. He's now buying it though! This is the best feature I've EVER seen.

I just tried using this thing and there was no fucking way to make it work. Me and the guy trying do have crappy upload speeds tho. Is really common on this country.

I would love to try it but I can't find people I know in my country with decent upload speeds to host.

Gamer345

Banned
I just tried using this thing and there was no fucking way to make it work. Me and the guy trying do have crappy upload speeds tho. Is really common on this country.

I would love to try it but I can't find people I know in my country with decent upload speeds to host.

What country are you in? I can try with you

Had a few decent sessions last night. With 2.8mb up wired, most people were quite happy.

I also tried sleeping dogs for the first time. Nobody told me you could get a lamborgini with chain guns. That is so bought.

Cheers. That is odd then because I hosted for someone to play Unfinished Swan and he said it ran really well and I had 4.69mb upload at that time (I have a 30mb download). He has a 100mb internet connection (don't know what his upload speed is) but I couldn't join him because it said his connection was too slow. Surely with a 100mb internet connection he would have a better upload speed than me?

I'm buying some headphones. It was fantastic watching him play the game on my TV, and I really wanted to ask what he was thinking. He's now buying it though! This is the best feature I've EVER seen.
Speed isn't everything. That is why Sony did not give an official number. A lot of people have really crappy home networks bogging down their connections.

Goldrusher

You can also adjust the image quality, if you experience too much lag.

But then you'll have to deal with a ton of block noise.

My friend share played Towerfall Ascension and NBA 2K15 last night. It was so awesome, everything worked flawlessly, and I managed to beat my friend in Towerfall despite being the one sharing his game! Latency took like 1 minute to get used to. Overall I'm pretty blown away by this feature.

wapplew

I found it strange that not many media outlet cover on this feature, no test result or impression or discussion or anything.

My friend share played Towerfall Ascension and NBA 2K15 last night. It was so awesome, everything worked flawlessly, and I managed to beat my friend in Towerfall despite being the one sharing his game! Latency took like 1 minute to get used to. Overall I'm pretty blown away by this feature.

NBA15 shareplay work better then 2K servers?

Jordan89

Neo Member
I have tried this feature. I really do like the concept of it. The only way I was able to get it to work with my friend was to share the controller. The graphics were similar to that of a Xbox 360/PS3 game while playing driveclub for my friend. However, we could not play together at the same time (like in Call of Duty Ghost Multilayer). It keeps giving an error code about the guest not being signed into PSN or having access to PSN (when they do have an active subscription).

Anyone want to play Towerfall with me? I want to see how fun it is playing with another person.

East coast U.S , 50 up and down connection here

Teppic

Why can't I hand over more than one controller if the other players use the same PS4? My connection speed is good, but the people I want to play with only have a 1mb upload.

DieH@rd

Banned
Why can't you hand over more than one controller?

Because then host will need to upload two streams, or one stream will have to be redistributed to several streams using some dedicated cloud server.

Both approaches are just complicating things...

RedAssedApe

Banned
tried this with dynasty warriors 8 XL last night. split screen mode worked pretty well.

looked ok but i think my friend's upload speeds were low so quality would drop here and there. input lag was barely noticeable. for some reason sound wasn't working though. why does it create a tile on your home screen?

Teppic

Because then host will need to upload two streams, or one stream will have to be redistributed to several streams using some dedicated cloud server.

Both approaches are just complicating things...
Sorry for being a bit vague, I edited my reply. You shouldn't need to make two streams if they use the same PS4 I take it?

AsfaeksBR

Anyone tried playing FIFA 15 Demo via SharePlay?
I tried to play together with a friend, but when we pressed "Play a Game Together", the game gave my controller to my friend but none for me.

Mifune

Mehmber
Finally tried this for the first time with Madden. I was the guest and honestly it worked really really well. Graphics were quite good too. My friend lives in the same city so that helps, but so far I'm impressed.

Surprised this feature isn't getting more buzz. It's pretty fucking groundbreaking.

Lrrr

Is anyone Sharing tonight? I'm looking to play:

• Alien Isolation
  • FIFA 15
  • Assassin's Creed Unity

I can share:
  • MLB 14 The Show (it goes on sale for $24.99 next week at Best Buy)
  • NBA 2K15 (exhibition games only)
  • Madden 15 (exhibition games only)
  • The Legend of Korra (new game save)

Naudi

Banned
Anybody on that wants to let me try driveclub? I've had a few drinks at want to drive! Lol, if so send invite to Naudi.

I have 20down/3up btw

Top Bottom