• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Share Play thread | Share playable PS4 game streams to your friends

Fantomex

If anyone wants to host me while I play Lords of the Fallen, I will make sure to leave the place nice and clean when I'm done . Vacuum even!

Psn Battledrill

Piccoro

You remote play your PS4, someone else host for you, could work?

Yes, I was talking about Vita as a guest and PS4 as host.

But your example is interesting. Can anyone try this:
Start PS4->Vita Remote Play, then enable Shareplay! I guess it shouldn't work, because the host's PS4 would be streaming into 2 places simultaneously...

wapplew

Yes, I was talking about Vita as a guest and PS4 as host.

But your example is interesting. Can anyone try this:
Start PS4->Vita Remote Play, then enable Shareplay! I guess it shouldn't work, because the host's PS4 would be streaming into 2 places simultaneously...

That's cross platform Shareplay...technically should work but I think Sony or other publisher don't like that idea.

Lulu23

So, it wouldn't let me play Killzone without typing in some numbers from my ID card, which didn't even work when I did it. (Because it's an 18+ rated game I guess.)
I played FIFA15 on my friend's PS4, it looked horribly compressed and there was a hefty delay when I gave inputs.
When I tried to let my friend play Destiny he couldn't connect to my SharePlay session at all.

Granted, we don't have Google Fiber, but I'd consider ours still fairly good connections, as we don't have any problems watching HD streams or even livestreaming gameplay. Also, we only live like 5km apart.
As for the having to confirm your age with an ID card before playing 18+ rated games, I guess that is only in Germany? Or can anyone from somewhere else confirm this as well?

BibiMaghoo

As for the having to confirm your age with an ID card before playing 18+ rated games, I guess that is only in Germany? Or can anyone from somewhere else confirm this as well?

I would think so, given ID cards are not in common use, or non-existent in other countries.

Guymelef

I tried Towerfall for the first time (and 2 players for the first time) excellent experience.
The Binding Of Isaac Rebirth coop here we go!

CSX

So if a session is for a hour, will the system warn you that the session is about to be over?

If so, will it give you the option to quickly renew the session so you can have one smooth experience instead of having to reconnect to the other player?

Wil348

My friend wanted me to help him in Lego Marvel, however SharePlay wouldn't work for it. Something to do with the region. :/

Tripolygon

Banned
I just tried it with a fellow gaffer and the picture quality is pretty good but the lag made it unplayable for me. Can't wait for my contract with At&t to end.

GobFather

So if a session is for a hour, will the system warn you that the session is about to be over?

If so, will it give you the option to quickly renew the session so you can have one smooth experience instead of having to reconnect to the other player?

I would like to know this as well. any tried it? Thanks!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
OK

So here is my situation...I do a majority of my gaming playing split screen or couch co op with my wife. I am currently playing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel on 360 and before that we were playing Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4

Here are the list of AAA co op games I plan on getting on the PS4 in the future:

Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
Assassins Creed Unity
CoD Advance Warfare
Temple of Osiris
LBP3
R6:Seige
RE:Revelations 2
Sniper Elite 3
The Division
Destiny
Battleborn
Evolve

Out of that list of 12 games, only four of them (Cod, Laura Croft, LBP3 and Resident Evil) support couch co op.
WTF, really?

So my current plan is to buy my wife her own PS4 (also connected via WiFi to other PS4), buying 2 identical LED TVs during black friday and then buying the games digitally so I can share them between the PS4s

Is this the best plan for low or am I missing an option Share Play would give me

If I stick with my plan, I will have to get a PS Plus sub for my wife, correct?

Pissed that I have to make this level of investment (at least $1500) to retain couch co op play of AAA titles with my wife :(

SupJabroni

Neo Member
Just played some splitscreen on Plants v Zombies with a friend who was reluctant to get it but after trying it out he's down to get it now that it's on sale.

This is so future.

hesido

Me and bro have fiber, our ping between us shouldn't exceed 20ms, one of us has 20Mbit connection, other has 25, it didn't work citing slow connection in our first try. I'll update if we can get it to work. (I once did vita remote streaming to his machine and it had worked)

Of note (heck, very important) My upload speed is 2Mbits only, download is 20Mbit. I'm guessing my bro has similar upload speeds, that may be where the problem lies. (That said, I managed a vita remote session pre-patch. Haven't tried vita remote post patch)

I live in Australia, therefor Shareplay doesn't work because my internet access is achieved by putting real packets on the back of a messenger kangaroo.

alterno69

Banned
OK

So here is my situation...I do a majority of my gaming playing split screen or couch co op with my wife. I am currently playing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel on 360 and before that we were playing Diablo Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4

Here are the list of AAA co op games I plan on getting on the PS4 in the future:

Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
Assassins Creed Unity
CoD Advance Warfare
Temple of Osiris
LBP3
R6:Seige
RE:Revelations 2
Sniper Elite 3
The Division
Destiny
Battleborn
Evolve

Out of that list of 12 games, only four of them (Cod, Laura Croft, LBP3 and Resident Evil) support couch co op.
WTF, really?

So my current plan is to buy my wife her own PS4 (also connected via WiFi to other PS4), buying 2 identical LED TVs during black friday and then buying the games digitally so I can share them between the PS4s

Is this the best plan for low or am I missing an option Share Play would give me

If I stick with my plan, I will have to get a PS Plus sub for my wife, correct?

Pissed that I have to make this level of investment (at least $1500) to retain couch co op play of AAA titles with my wife :(

I don't get why you want 2 Tv's and consoles? Don't you live in the same house?

Played Towerfall, had a lot of fun combining shareplay with local.

I think there is something awesome about:

playing with some dude and his sibling/roommate with myself and my sibling/roommate. Finally, I can play local co-op games with a full group of people without having to have people over!

By the way, how likely is it that Shareplay will cancel out having to deal with shitty servers offered by certain publishers?

Sports games may benefit from this, provided that your own internet is better than servers.

Played Towerfall, had a lot of fun combining shareplay with local.

I think there is something awesome about:

playing with some dude and his sibling/roommate with myself and my sibling/roommate. Finally, I can play local co-op games with a full group of people without having to have people over!

By the way, how likely is it that Shareplay will cancel out having to deal with shitty servers offered by certain publishers?

Sports games may benefit from this, provided that your own internet is better than servers.
OK, I was looking for this info, and I think you just got it for me....to clarify...

You and your buddy (local) did shareplay againt two other people?!

I just finished shareplaying with gaffer Lam09

Wow, as long as both connections are good, it works great. He lost some races in driveclub, I lost three fights in UFC, we beat each other in UFC, barely any lag.

Only thing is when we tried to co op, it didn't recognize me as a playstation plus member at first, but it finally did and we played a good half hour. Thanks again to LAM09 for the shareplay fun.

My friend couldn't player Battlefield 4 or Destiny without lag..Guess it'll only good for singleplayer games unless you have fiber connection :(.

Nvzman

Any one who can still play on PSN wanna try this out with me? Pm me the PSN name and we'll set up something.
My Internet is 25mb down 20mb up

LAM09

I just finished shareplaying with gaffer Lam09

Wow, as long as both connections are good, it works great. He lost some races in driveclub, I lost three fights in UFC, we beat each other in UFC, barely any lag.

Only thing is when we tried to co op, it didn't recognize me as a playstation plus member at first, but it finally did and we played a good half hour. Thanks again to LAM09 for the shareplay fun.

Np mate.

It really was a great expierence, but it relies heavily on your connection. Luckily for us, we both had good connections.

Thanks again. ;)

I wonder if we can have a list of compatible games. Ive heard some people say that some games are not working with it. Maybe has to do with some restrictions by publishers or something else?

Edit:NVM. Its just users with issues. On to SHAREPlay!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I pay like $45 a month for ATT DSL for 6 mbps download and like 1 upload. Prices in the US for internet are shit...
Not completely accurate AT&T Internet is shit...in most major areas of population you can find better Internet for the same price (Comcast,RCN, Google Fiber etc) the only reason anyone should have AT&T is because it's the only internet provider in your area,it's the "best" option in your area or out of pure ignorance (not knowing there's a better deal in your area).

Reedirect

Just tried for two hours to fix my NAT 3 issues (static IP, port-forwarding etc.) just to try this feature. It wasn't a good time.

Top Bottom