• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Smashing Pumpkins thread

Diablos

taken form billycorgan.it + the blog

1)intro
2)today
3)stand inside your love
4)*new song*
5)*new song* (come on let's go?)
6)home
7)hummer
8)starz
9)tarantula
10)bullet with butterfly wings
11)*new song*(United States?)

acoustic set
12)for God and country
13)33
14)rocket
15)winterlong
16)to sheila
end of acoustic set

17)glass and the ghost children
18)cherub rock
19)1979
20)intermezzo al piano
21)tonight tonight
22)*new song* (thats the way?)
23)Disarm
24)zero
25)untitled

encore

26)shame
27)silver**** + the end (doors cover)

28)annie-dog
29)muzzle

Diablos

Official:

paris22may.jpg

-----------

My only complaints: Replace Zero with Geek USA. Duh.
And, I just realized: No Gish songs? Not even I Am One?

Otherwise, nice setlist.

been listening to the song (among others) all day, and even though i like it, it does kind of leave a sour taste in my mouth that billy (and keyboarder or whoever) is using the Smashing Pumpkin's name for this. the guitar work (of admittedly just this one song) isn't really SP to me... it's good guitar work, i like it, but it's not really SP guitar work. the more i listen to it, the more i wish James Iha and that hot blonde chick were back in the band.

song's still good (not great, but still good), but i hope that the other songs are more Pumpkins-esque.

Nick

Mike Works said:
been listening to the song (among others) all day, and even though i like it, it does kind of leave a sour taste in my mouth that billy (and keyboarder or whoever) is using the Smashing Pumpkin's name for this. the guitar work (of admittedly just this one song) isn't really SP to me... it's good guitar work, i like it, but it's not really SP guitar work. the more i listen to it, the more i wish James Iha and that hot blonde chick were back in the band.

song's still good (not great, but still good), but i hope that the other songs are more Pumpkins-esque.
What? Corgan and Chamberlin were always the driving force behind the Pumpkins' core sound. While it would have been great for Iha and D'Arcy to return, this is the Smashing Pumpkins you know and love.

TheDrowningMan said:
The single's fine. But ****, Corgan is playing dress-up and looking like a spazz on stage again. Booooo! :lol

Yea

He just needs the purple pants and the Zero shirt and we're all good

no way billy! you rock that shit out with a dress, zero shirt, or whatever else you need to! that setlist is awesome. your first show back and you play 25+ songs? damn. i remember when NIN did their fragile tour they started off with like 10-15 song setlists. same with tool. pumpkins bringin the wood ladies!

only problem i see with the setlist is HOME! why is that piece of shit being played? at first i thought it was the awesome intrumental Hope, but on further inspection...

Nick said:
What? Corgan and Chamberlin were always the driving force behind the Pumpkins' core sound. While it would have been great for Iha and D'Arcy to return, this is the Smashing Pumpkins you know and love.
oh okay, thanks for telling me that tarantula is the smashing pumpkins i know and love

also someone want to get rid of the picture/avatar that's prompting a password?

Diablos

FrenchMovieTheme said:
only problem i see with the setlist is HOME! why is that piece of shit being played? at first i thought it was the awesome intrumental Hope, but on further inspection...
Home is a great song, man!

Bebpo

Banned
Diablos said:
Official:

paris22may.jpg

-----------

Otherwise, nice setlist.

That is one awesome setlist. All the classics, plus a good handful of obscure, yet awesome, old songs.

Adore love makes me happy!

i dont like home, the music is fine but "love is everything i want!" i can't dig that... nay, i WONT dig that! leave it off the setlist corgan you dickweed!

p.s. he does get a bonus for using the word remembrance in the song... which is one of the great words in the english language

Nick

Mike Works said:
oh okay, thanks for telling me that tarantula is the smashing pumpkins i know and love

also someone want to get rid of the picture/avatar that's prompting a password?
I'm not talking about the song, sweetie. I'm talking about the band.

Bebpo said:
a good handful of obscure, yet awesome, old songs.

Home and Winterlong do not equate obscure old songs in my eyes. Give me East! Give me Not Worth Asking! Give me Set the Ray to Jerry! Give me Alabaster!

Make my life and play Apathy's Last Kiss AND There It Goes back to back!

These won't happen, but it'd be so awesome.

Diablos

Bury your HEART IN A HOOLLLEEEE

Aww, man. It would be so cool if they played Ascendo live. That is such a cool ****ing song. Zen.

Bebpo

Banned
distantmantra said:
Home and Winterlong do not equate obscure old songs in my eyes. Give me East! Give me Not Worth Asking! Give me Set the Ray to Jerry! Give me Alabaster!

Make my life and play Apathy's Last Kiss AND There It Goes back to back!

These won't happen, but it'd be so awesome.

Well actually I meant songs like Annie Dog and To Shiela (I'm a huuuge Adore fan). Main album songs that aren't big famous hits.

I agree that B-side and rarity love is lacking there, but that's a lot of albums to cover!

Bebpo said:
Well actually I meant songs like Annie Dog and To Shiela (I'm a huuuge Adore fan). Main album songs that aren't big famous hits.

It's cool to see the Adore love, but I've heard To Sheila (Adore tour To Sheila is ****ing EPIC) and Annie Dog live about 100 times, so they've lost a lot of that lustre.

I agree that B-side and rarity love is lacking there, but that's a lot of albums to cover!

You know what would totally kick ass to hear live? Whir (never done live) and Frail and Bedazzled (only played live a few times).

the one live song i really want to hear sometime is marquis in spades. they played it during warm ups before a show in los angeles when we were waiting to get in... but then they didn't play it live :( come on man!

puck1337

Diablos said:
Official:

paris22may.jpg

-----------

Otherwise, nice setlist.
Awesome set list. Good to see that Shame hasn't been forgotten, and I mean who doesn't love a good Silver****?

Top Bottom