• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LowParry

hauntedhallows said:
has anyone done an unboxing video of the Limited Edition i am dying to know if it's worth $150

Of course it is! Especially if you're looking to get your first arcade stick.

Jagernaut

Dizzy-4U said:
Guys, I have a question. I have Tekken 5 DR on PS3 and some stages have this blurry ass effect which makes it look horrible. That's not present in 6 right?

That's a heat distortion effect on some T5DR stages. I don't know if its in T6.

Jagernaut said:
That's a heat distortion effect on some T5DR stages. I don't know if its in T6.
I don't think that's what he's talking about. Why would there be heat distortion in a moonlit field at night?

LowParry

I've noticed that blur effect on larger HDTV's. It's very distracting at first. We got at home a 37' LCD and the game looks great. I expect the same with T6.

Skilletor

I think he's talking about how blurry moonlit wilderness and a couple other stages are. That always confused me. Looks like an N64 filter and makes my eyes water :(.

Sucked because that was one of my favorite stages.

i'm starting to think i should put a Octagonal gate on my stick, don't know if a square gate would be the best choice for this game.....

LowParry

EraldoCoil said:
i'm starting to think i should put a Octagonal gate on my stick, don't know if a square gate would be the best choice for this game.....

Stick to the square gate. It's a practical must with Tekken.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
That was not just a blur effect. The res and textures were downgraded for those stages for some reason in 5DR. T6 BR in arcade does not suffer from such problems.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
RelentlessRolento said:
where's everyone picking this up? I can't seem to find a place here in miami.

It seems the only places where people are grabbing it early are from mom n' pop shops in New York and California.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nelo Ice said:

7.0 Presentation
The story really doesn't make any sense at this point. Load time are tolerable, but could have been a lot better.

7.5 Graphics

In-game character models are quite nice, but certain environments (like the water-filled Mystical Forest) fail to impress.

7.5 Sound
Decent tunes mix with an odd combination of numerous languages. Characters speak in English, Japanese and Chinese. How do they understand each other?!

8.5 Gameplay
Approachable, but still a very deep game with a steep learning curve for those interested in mastering a character or two. Campaign Scenario is a fine distraction, but could have been better.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
Learning every character could take ages. And it would take just as long to unlock all the costumes in this game.

Great OVERALL (out of 10 / not an average)

The bolded get a big WTF from me. Sucks about the loading though. That's rather inexcusable.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
MarkMan said:
lol at graphics and sound

someone must have a shitty setup

Yeah, makes me wonder man.

Hell I just came back from playing in the arcades today, and it looks great. 7.5 for graphics please. I'm not even a super huge tekken fan like some but Namco have been stepping up their game for a while now when it comes to Tekken. Feels to me like a lot of people have bad blood towards the Tekken name.

Meh, whatever.

Also, noted the load times on PS3 are 6 to 7 seconds.

rvy

Banned
7.5 Sound
Decent tunes mix with an odd combination of numerous languages. Characters speak in English, Japanese and Chinese. How do they understand each other?!

... IGNorants indeed.

MarkMan said:
lol at graphics and sound

someone must have a shitty setup

Yup, that's what happens when people fuck with those crappy LCD's. Get some plasma's up in there IGN. Ya can get some Panasonic G10's for under a grand, son!

OniLee

Lyte Edge said:
It seems the only places where people are grabbing it early are from mom n' pop shops in New York and California.

I was able to grab mine from a store in Northwest Ohio region (Findlay/Toledo). If anyone wants the store information, send me a pm.

Scenario mode is pretty good btw ;)

crunker99

CadetMahoney said:
7.5 for graphics doesn't sound too good. So the doa4 backgrounds from years back beats this?

doa4 looks better than this imho, i run at 1080p hdmi on the xbox360 and frankly, the graphics were not that impressive

if you are looking for night and day from T5 DR on the ps3, then you are going to be upset.

sure they are great, but they are not the quantum leap forward that I expected from the first Tekken game this genertaion, frankly.

i think IGN hit the nail on the head with the graphic/sound score

Lyte Edge said:

i got mine directly from my distributor who gives me everything early that he has, I don't think I heard anywhere around here on long island selling it early

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
crunker99 said:
doa4 looks better than this imho, i run at 1080p hdmi on the xbox360 and frankly, the graphics were not that impressive

Damn. Did you say this with a straight face?

scotcheggz

sound score is hilarious. They could suspend their disbelief when it came to fighting pandas and kangaroos, but speaking in different languages?? To one another???

I don't believe it.

IGN said:
I really enjoyed playing as Alisa, if only for her ridiculous move set. This move set includes handing her own head to her opponent and waiting for it to explode, as well as using her chainsaw arms, booster wings and rocket-powered feet. If you didn't already know, Alisa is a robot.

IGN said:
Characters speak in English, Japanese and Chinese. How do they understand each other?!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
MarkMan has crossed the line from hardcore fanboy to full-on dementia.

EDIT: Oh. I still wouldn't put it past him though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Baby Milo said:
why are you people buying several copies of the game?

Markman has purchased enough copies of the game for every room in his house, including closets. There's a 360 and/or PS3 with Tekken 6 running at all times, 24 hours a day. It is quite the sight to behold!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Great, I just got informed that Fredrik Tall is going to the fucking tournament.

Just fucking great.

I'm not going to the tourny now, fucking ridiculous that I'm more hyped then anyone in the world and I can't get the game on release.

I'm going to go eat my shit or something, piece of shit.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Seiken said:
Great, I just got informed that Fredrik Tall is going to the fucking tournament.

Just fucking great.

I'm not going to the tourny now, fucking ridiculous that I'm more hyped then anyone in the world and I can't get the game on release.

Scrubs will be scrubs.

LowParry

Seiken said:

Just fucking great.

Dude. Just go in with We Will Rock you playing on repeat. You'll succeed! And playing against high players is good! Win or lose!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
Dude. Just go in with We Will Rock you playing on repeat. You'll succeed! And playing against high players is good! Win or lose!
You know what, you're right. Last time we played was two years ago (when he completely fucked me in Tekken 4) but that game was shit. I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom