• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

Shurs

-Mikey- said:
Good game Shurs. It was a pretty tense game at times.

After a missed field goal (I blame lag!) I thought he would come back to beat me late in the fourth.

This play happened to seal the deal..

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9458848

It wasn't as close as the score (which isn't that close) indicates. I could not stop your offense, couldn't get my running game going and threw 3? picks. Good game. That Harvin return for a TD that was called back broke my heart.

Sorry about the pauses at the end of the game. I was trying to get Favre back in the game, but I couldn't because I shelved him earlier.

SMOKE

Banned
Yo BJscott, I would love to get our game in today if possible, so I can get my week 2 off and running and get back in time for week 3.

oneHeero

TBKKiller Sorry about the missing time. I hope we can play tonight after the Cowboys game, bad weekend with boxing, lil girls bday and cowboys game.

thomasbk

oneHeero said:
TBKKiller Sorry about the missing time. I hope we can play tonight after the Cowboys game, bad weekend with boxing, lil girls bday and cowboys game.

Dont worry about it. Lets play after the game then!

Nightz

Come on fellas, get your games in! There's still a lot of unplayed games for week 1. I suggest sending your opponent a PM here on GAF and/or PSN, since I know some people don't check the online section very often.

oneHeero

I've never had a more bullshit game.
3 turnovers in 1st quarter from fumbles. I finally get a break and recover a fumble and bennet runs backwards and takes 10yds to turn around which results in the other team catching him.

I've stopped playing and let the CPU who just got scored on.

EDIT: Glad I at least was online to play. I had my mic on the whole time but for some reason it wouldnt work :\

Jtrizzy

Lost my first game to Lion Heart. Parts of the game were good, there was some classic cheese like my kick off return for a touchdown, two dropped interceptions on his game winning drive, and the fact that it's nearly impossible to cover backs in the flats.

Lag wasn't too bad though.

oneHeero

thomasbk said:
Yeah, even my QB forced a fumble after an interception :p

not a pretty game, but a win is a win! :p
haha its all good. glad my headset wasnt working cuz i was pissed and yelling the whole fucken game lol. but it aint ur fault its the way the game went and as a cowboy fan i need to realize the football gods dont like us winning easy at all dammit. so im use to it.

thomasbk

oneHeero said:
haha its all good. glad my headset wasnt working cuz i was pissed and yelling the whole fucken game lol. but it aint ur fault its the way the game went and as a cowboy fan i need to realize the football gods dont like us winning easy at all dammit. so im use to it.

I could sometimes hear you talking but it sounded muffled and couldnt understand a word.

Do we move on to week two on wednesday/thursday?

Jtrizzy said:
Lost my first game to Lion Heart. Parts of the game were good, there was some classic cheese like my kick off return for a touchdown, two dropped interceptions on his game winning drive, and the fact that it's nearly impossible to cover backs in the flats.

Lag wasn't too bad though.

Glad it wasn't too laggy on your end, since my connection isn't stable right now. Im really close to switching ISPs.

It was a fun game, though as you mentioned, not perfect. I tend to rely on flats cause its so friggin effective. I feel cheap doing it but its a big part of my game unfortunately.

Jtrizzy if you can invite a friend of mine to take a spot, that would be sweet. I notice only about 26 people are in so he could just choose a team from the list if thats cool.

Beat the CPU Broncos in overtime. Everytime I play the CPU I just use Ask Madden to learn new plays. This strategy almost bit me in the ass.

SMOKE

Banned
So we can play the CPU if our opponent isnt responding?

But besides that, today is my last day to play for the next week and a half and I cant even access the EA servers due to some crappy account error mess that has been goin on since yesterday evening.

This sucks!

EDIT:

My opponent (Ariz) has never posted in this thread at all, so how in the hell did he ever claim his team?

I just went thru this enitre thread and did not see 1 post from this guy at all, it has been the same 6-7 people posting since the second page of this thread.

Well, ill try my best to get a hold of him and what is the (code) thing after his PSN name mean anyway?

Cigol

Great start on my end, can't even get into the game! I remember this same shit from FIFA 09 when I was in a BAP team, and the number of hoops we had to jump through just to get everyone connected was appalling (for the record, I was fine - but others were less fortunate).

Now I see the same problem with Madden. I've tried wired, wireless and my PS3 is in a permanent DMZ with a static IP assigned. His connection was also set up this way. So theoretically there should be no problem whatsoever... but neither of us can start the game so we're left fiddling our thumbs on the player select screen.

404-fffuuu_bigger.png

Any ideas?

Both he and I play against people overseas with no problem, and I refuse to believe that's a factor in STARTING a game, it may well account for some lag during (such as on kickoffs, et al) but not STARTING a game.

Why is EA Sports connection frontend so flaky?

Kintaco

SMOKE said:
So we can play the CPU if our opponent isnt responding?

But besides that, today is my last day to play for the next week and a half and I cant even access the EA servers due to some crappy account error mess that has been goin on since yesterday evening.

This sucks!

EDIT:

My opponent (Ariz) has never posted in this thread at all, so how in the hell did he ever claim his team?

I just went thru this enitre thread and did not see 1 post from this guy at all, it has been the same 6-7 people posting since the second page of this thread.

Well, ill try my best to get a hold of him and what is the (code) thing after his PSN name mean anyway?
He did post actually because when I joined the league I was asking about the Cardinals. But regardless it doesn't look like he'll be playing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17275956&postcount=220

Nightz

Edgeward said:
So... when exactly are we going into week 2?
We were originally aiming for this past Sunday, but clearly there are still a lot of unplayed games for week 1. There's a little leeway for the opening week since we did take so long to get started and people are gonna have to get into the swing of things. Once people get used to it though, we'll be doing 2 games a week.

Again, for the people who haven't played your games: Send a PM to your opponents and schedule a convenient time for both of you. Some people don't check this thread everyday, so it'll be easier to reach them via PM.

I haven't been able to connect to the EA franchise servers (or whatever) for the last two nights. Anyone take the Jags yet, or should I just play the CPU (if the online franchise will actually connect)?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am backing out of the league. Worked just picked up and I don't have time for the 360 league and this one. So the Bears are available. Sorry dudes.

Nightz

Classic_Gs said:
I haven't been able to connect to the EA franchise servers (or whatever) for the last two nights. Anyone take the Jags yet, or should I just play the CPU (if the online franchise will actually connect)?
Cigol has the Jags.

SMOKE

Banned
Classic_Gs said:

Same here fellas, I am leaving in 8 hours and wont be able to get any games in due to this account error, newer accounts are working fine for people and it seems like the older accounts are getting the FUTA treatment.:lol

If I cant get on tonight just give me the win since my 1st week opponent is a no show and if the week 2 ends before I get back on the 4th just give that opponent the win, i'll still win my division regardless of what the seagulls do:lol

I leave this behind as a reminder to all...

ebblld.png

Cigol

Classic_Gs said:
Is your PSN Bear_Grylls? Because that's the dude playing as the colts in the franchise I'm in - and I seem to recall trying to play that game and failing several times because of the aforementioned EA SPORTS online connectivity issues. That is you right, I haven't gone stark raving mad or something? But since you seem unaware, and neither the first page nor your profile mention your PSN as being that, I'm definitely getting an odd vibe :D

Cigol said:
Is your PSN Bear_Grylls? Because that's the dude playing as the colts in the franchise I'm in - and I seem to recall trying to play that game and failing several times because of the aforementioned EA SPORTS online connectivity issues. That is you right, I haven't gone stark raving mad or something? But since you seem unaware, and neither the first page nor your profile mention your PSN as being that, I'm definitely getting an odd vibe :D
Nah my PSN ID is gscottforthewin. When do you want game?

Cigol

Start the game, goto ONLINE --> FRANCHISE tab --> INVITATIONS --> accept GAF invite --> hope your opponent (a) exists and/or (b) is who he is supposed to be.

Cigol said:
Start the game, goto ONLINE --> FRANCHISE tab --> INVITATIONS --> accept GAF invite --> hope your opponent (a) exists and/or (b) is who he is supposed to be.
And that you can actually connect to the servers of course :D

Jtrizzy

OK I booted Gryllis. And lion heart, it's fine if you have a friend who joins the league.

Gloomfire, I sent you an invite to the league as well.

SMOKE

Banned
What about the cards?

Even though im not available til the 4th, i still havent seen or heard whats the deal with that team.

Nightz

Kintaco said:
He's been active so hopefully he can reply to SMOKE, but his last post in this thread didn't sound to promising.
True. Then again, the league has been re-made a million times since that post and he's accepted the invite each time.

Kintaco

Nightz said:
True. Then again, the league has been re-made a million times since that post and he's accepted the invite each time.
Ahhh didn't know that.
Anyway just played my first game the other day and got my ass kicked. It was my first online game, so I was wondering if the lag was common during kick offs/field goals? I couldn't for the life of me get that right during the game. I couldn't even make a ~39yd field goal even though the meter looked almost full with the wind at my back.

thomasbk

Yes, the lag on kicks is common. I usually just time the kick and dont even look at the bar.
And usually avoid kicking field goals over 40 yards.

Cigol

You have to adjust the timing, but with some practice you can get it fairly accurate. Just don't forget to re-adjust when playing in singleplayer. I made that mistake and it wasn't pretty!

Rocket Catching: Manual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances

Am I allowed to switch to the reciever but not control him until he makes the catch?

variance

I'd like to join in, and am willing to take over any team. Saints > Bears > Rams > Packers but I'll take any.

Pretty sure my PSN is coreyfbaby but I'll have to look it up when I'm home to make sure.

SMOKE

Banned
Nightz said:
Have you sent a PM to bjscott05?

i think i did before I asked about his whereabouts, but i'm in a catch 22 situation and I am just wanting to give up my first 2 games since I am trying to find me a house to live in when I move (im in kansas right now). I wont be back til the 4th so jtrizzy do whatever you gotta do but keep me in the league, once I get back I can play til the day I move and then it would be a few days before I would be back online (driving from cali to kansas).

Thanks in advance, and just because I am granting free wins due to my personal life doesnt mean i wont tap that ass to make up for it later.:D

Peace out fellas have fun:lol

Nightz

variance said:
I'd like to join in, and am willing to take over any team. Saints > Bears > Rams > Packers but I'll take any.

Pretty sure my PSN is coreyfbaby but I'll have to look it up when I'm home to make sure.
IMO I think it would be best if you took the Bears. As of now, each division has at least 3 user controlled teams..except for the NFC North, which only has 1 user controlled team. That would mean that user will play the computer 6 times in the year, which could lead to 6 easy wins. We could use anoter person or two in the NFC North to balance things out a bit.

Top Bottom