• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i need football. like now. if they released a UFL game on XBLA for 800 points id buy it at this point

DMczaf

I guess theres a Madden event today, dude has been tweeting about it

http://twitter.com/#!/Shopmaster

Shopmaster Shopmaster
The core gameplay for madden 12 is really good. You guys are going to like. #Madden12
4 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@Paakaa10 yeah, I'm really liking what I see.
4 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Loving the blimp camera view in Madden 12. #Madden12
4 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@_aLeXiSOnFiRe_ the new zone defense plays bunch formations soooo much better in Madden 12. #madden12
4 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Presentation in Madden 12 is ridiculous. TLooks so good in HD. The overlays and cameras angles and views are nice! #madden12
3 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
I love the stat overlay when a QB steps on the field for the first time in a game. It looks real good, a brand new EA SPORTS Broadcast.
3 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Wow, what a cut by Matt Forte ... Nice. #madden12
3 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@Bgamer90 transition between qtr. Shows the beautiful exterior of the stadium. #madden12
3 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@pwak619 the hardcore gameplay that was put into madden 12 is definitely for us hardcore gamers.
3 hours ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
by Shopmaster
the QB Auto Dropback has been tweeked and now backwards and latteral movements are BACK in the game!
2 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Not only is QB auto drop out of Madden 12 but the slant to the sidelines is not effective like last year. #madden12
2 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Madden 12's QB movement is very smooth. #madden12
2 hours ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@PSRusse QB movement is really smooth. The gameplay is smooth. Tackling is very well done.
1 hour ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
Playing Ravens vs. Cowboys 10-7 with 0:13 left in half. #madden12
1 hour ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@Philly_Ron eagles are nasty with Vick. Speed everywhere, but you know that already.
48 minutes ago

McNei1y

Interesting. Tweak the gameplay a lot more and update online franchises and I'm sold... I'm pretty easy.

I like the sound of Zone defense and QB cuts.

CB3

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@Philly_Ron eagles are nasty with Vick. Speed everywhere, but you know that already.
48 minutes ago

2ivjnrm.gif

CB3

John Beck would apparently start over Grossman if Rex re-signs

Its one of those things where im not sure if its more funny in madden or real life.
Maybe Snyder will take another one of our QB's for some draft picks

DMczaf

http://twitter.com/#!/Sgibs7

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
Contain defense has been fixed #madden12
4 hours ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@SlyVikingsWorld zones have GREATLY improved - defenders actually pass guys off to there respective zones - awesome- #madden12
4 hours ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@WFColonel56 lots of new plays on both sides of the ball - havent looked at the 43 yet - im LOVING the new offensive books! #madden12
4 hours ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
there is a amazing tackle button on this years game #madden12 - changes the way you user on defense! defensive assist no more on all-madden!
1 hour ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@K0ACHK man defenders SWITCH off - its unreal - great stuff
25 minutes ago

Rorschach

@K0ACHK man defenders SWITCH off - its unreal - great stuff
They did that last year too and it was exploited. Also, having a manual defender over the top would have the CBs just give up on their guys. It was beyond stupid.

CB3

Rorschach said:
They did that last year too and it was exploited. Also, having a manual defender over the top would have the CBs just give up on their guys. It was beyond stupid.
Debbie_Downer.jpg

Rorschach

What are you talking about? So, I talk about the man coverage. This leads to PSN talk for some reason and I say I'm not joining a PSN league (not even buying the game -- if I was, I'd get it for 360 for Dynasty 5.0). You post a pic saying you're not even mad. I ask why you'd be upset. This leads to more PSN talk...

Don't take the Madden comments seriously, friend. It's not an attack on you or even your beloved Tiburon. It's just a comment. Something I noticed from last year. I was just saying that I'm not exactly sure that switching off is a good thing and it's definitely not a new thing.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
What are you talking about? So, I talk about the man coverage. This leads to PSN talk for some reason and I say I'm not joining a PSN league (not even buying the game -- if I was, I'd get it for 360 for Dynasty 5.0). You post a pic saying you're not even mad. I ask why you'd be upset. This leads to more PSN talk...

Don't take the Madden comments seriously, friend. It's not an attack on you or even your beloved Tiburon. It's just a comment. Something I noticed from last year. I was just saying that I'm not exactly sure that switching off is a good thing and it's definitely not a new thing.
Tell us how you really feel...

DCX

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Lol the attacks on rors dont even make sense!

And nothing tiburon does short of improving OF will rope me in

Go join Rors in the Too Cool for School club, then.

This league deserves a commish who won't leave them like you two chumps.

Rorschach

You guys all dropped out one by one. The only one left was DCX so I guess he could say that. :p

And what's worse than people not signing up for the league is people just bitching and moaning and quitting a couple of months out as if they didn't know what they were signing up for. If the OF portion is still shit like it was last year, then I'm not joining and it will spare all the league members some bitching, moaning, and scheduling conflicts. Nothing worse than hunting down your opponent only to have him flake on you because he "doesn't feel like it" or he'd rather watch the Reba marathon.

It shouldn't be insulting if people don't sign up or buy the game. You should encourage those that don't want to play to stay out. Saves a lot of headaches.

I might buy NCAA if I can, but Madden has to work for it. And, given their track record (and the gaming media's track record), I'll have to see before believing.

DMczaf

If Rors threatens to quit, he gets free Xbox Live and NCAA

If I threaten to quit, I don't even get a pat on the back!

This is a C O N spiracy!

CB3

DMczaf said:
If Rors threatens to quit, he gets free Xbox Live and NCAA

If I threaten to quit, I don't even get a pat on the back!

This is a C O N spiracy!

I bought a PS3 to play in FMT's madden league which he was paid off to run. it hasnt been used since!

Rorschach

lol I'm not asking for free copies of anything or XBL! And I'm moving soon, so I don't know if I'll have innerwebs around NCAA's release. Though, if I get it for PS3, I can play with Somnia when I get settled!

Thanks for the offer, though, LukeSmith! <3

[edit] And the Reba comment had nothing to do with anyone in particular. It just popped up because I remembered how much jobber loved the show. -_-

CB3

Rorschach said:
lol I'm not asking for free copies of anything or XBL! And I'm moving soon, so I don't know if I'll have innerwebs around NCAA's release. Though, if I get it for PS3, I can play with Somnia when I get settled!

Again your assuming that PSN will be up and running by that point. Its gonna take some sky net shit to get that thing in order

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Again your assuming that PSN will be up and running by that point. Its gonna take some sky net shit to get that thing in order
If I don't have innernets, then I can't play it regardless. I'd mostly be getting it to get my football fix. And I think PSN will be back, but maybe not the store. They said unlocks are still supported, so I'll be able to unlock online or whatever. Not holding my breath, though. The NFL might not get underway at the time, NCAA won't and Madden might be shit. I'll need something! If PSN is still fucked, then I may as well get it for 360 since it's the same shit.

Rorschach said:

[edit] And the Reba comment had nothing to do with anyone in particular. It just popped up because I remembered how much jobber loved the show. -_-

You have xbl waiting for you. No need for ps3 and somnia is already coming back to 360. Give in rors!

Nightz

If Rors doesn't want the free copy of NCAA, send it my way! I'm getting married in June and need to save as much as I can. =P

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I will gladly do it once tiburon makes good on its online franchise promise from 2 years ago

True that. They better not flake out on us this year and focus on bullshit instead.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Pft. someones gotta keep you and Livewire from blowing up your teams with bad trades
I told you, no trades from me. I ran the last 2K league with no issues.

I'm ready.

DCX

DMczaf

http://twitter.com/#!/shopmaster

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@ch46647 the pocket is good, the Oline actually pushes off in pass protection. #madden12
1 hour ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
This game is sooooo much fun, that I don't want to leave until I pass out. #madden12
42 minutes ago

Shopmaster Shopmaster
@
@Philly_Ron @sgibs7 tackle button takes some practice but the run D is solid. Just so fun to tackle.
36 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/Sgibs7

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@MikeGzYaDig defense is unbelievably better- zones switch off and are reactive to the routes you do
1 hour ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@BuckNuT4eva zone defense is awesome - love seeing defenders pass off the WR and call out routes
1 hour ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@Paakaa10 game speed i really like - flow of the game feels very natural #madden12
54 minutes ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
the way I would describe #madden12 gameplay so far - "its fun"
44 minutes ago

Sgibs7 Madden Bible
@
@Philly_Ron tackle button is awesome - gives a real authentic feel to open field tackles #madden12
39 minutes ago

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
We're voting for the new commish, and you won't have enough votes to even be the commish's secretary.
omg a commish election would be way more fun than the game itself. The drama would be intense! I can imagine the hijinks a month or so down the road when a group of unhappy traders stage a coup on the commisioner who is then cast into exile.

Actually, what is likely to happen is that someone will create the league and tell everyone to join, then just never relinquish power for "convenience." :p

DMczaf

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1168111p1.html

Players rarely maintain the same level of performance throughout a season. There are good days and bad. In Madden NFL 12's Franchise mode, consistency and confidence are major factors in how a player's performance varies throughout a season.

Michael Vick can be thrilling to watch one week and agonizing to watch the next. His inconsistency can swing his Madden rating by some 20 points, which sounds crazy, but isn't too far-fetched. Peyton Manning, by contrast, remains the most consistent QB in the NFL. When Peyton steps onto the field, you can be fairly certain of the quality of his performance.

Rookies tend to be less consistent, capable of jaw-dropping plays followed by boneheaded ones week in and week out. And as players learn and mature (if they mature), they gain consistency. It matters this year if a player is a rookie – not just because they may have a lower overall rating, but because that rating can fluctuate greatly. Letting a rookie sit and learn is actually a viable strategy in Franchise mode.

The other weekly factor in dynamic player performance is confidence. This comes down to hot and cold streaks. If Antonio Cromartie remembers all his children's names and gets a pair of picks against the Giants, he's going to be riding high into the next week. So much of the game is said to be mental and so a player's mindset factors into their stats on Sunday. Streaks only last a maximum of three weeks before resetting, preventing a player from having an inflated rating the entire season.

Tom Brady is a playoff performer. He's good in the regular season, but something kicks in during the playoffs that boost his ability to win games. Mark Brunell has become a mentor. His role is to support the development of Jets QB Mark Sanchez. Having Brunell as mentor has Sanchez learning and improving at a faster rate. Adrian Peterson is fumble prone. It's in his head now. In big moments, he's more likely to cough up the rock. Sadly, that's his role right now on the Vikings. (EA hasn't revealed if Peterson has the Fumble Prone role; if not, we should riot.)

Roles aren't given, they're earned. In each offseason, every player is analyzed to see if they meet specific criteria for a role. If so, they enter the next season tagged as such. These roles can have a big influence in games. After all, clutch performers can do things they just couldn't ever hope to do the first 55 minutes of a game. A switch turns on and they make good things happen. Some roles can have a positive effect on a player or team and others, like the unfortunate "fumble prone" role, can be negatives that follow a player until they find a way to shake the tag.

But roles go beyond game-day performance. The general manager for each computer-controlled team factors roles into his decision on free agents and draft picks. After all, if you have a "quarterback of the future" on the team, there's no reason to draft a QB in the first round. If a team is built on pounding the ball up the middle, they're going to try and sign a running back in free agency who fits the role.

And, of course, roles are going to change the way you build your own franchise. Roles aren't defined at the draft but on the field. So you won't know who is a showboater versus a work horse, but the difference could impact your ability to win games in the long run. And who knows, maybe over time a player will settle down, gain a veteran's mentality, and get serious about winning a championship. When trading or signing free agents, you're going to have to give extra weight to a player's role. All things being equal, I'm taking the playoff performer – heck, he's worth an extra million a year if he can help get us to the Super Bowl.

Here are some of the 20+ roles in Madden NFL 12:
Team Mentor
Team Leader
Injury Prone
Run Stopper
Franchise Quarterback
Defensive Playmaker
Offensive Playmaker
Playoff Performer
Shutdown Corner
Pass Rusher
Trench Warrior