• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

GCQuinton

DCX said:
should i quote your 2011 statement as well?

DCX

E3-Ubisoft-Far-Cry-3-2.jpg

"Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?"

BigAT

@pastapadre Bryan Wiedey

got a full game of NCAA 12 in. More subtle in terms of improvements but plays a bit cleaner than Madden.

DMczaf

BigAT said:
@pastapadre Bryan Wiedey

got a full game of NCAA 12 in. More subtle in terms of improvements but plays a bit cleaner than Madden.

I would be worried if the game that is going gold in a couple of weeks was lagging behind the game that comes out in 3 months.

McNei1y

Sooooo is it 100% sure that the floor copy of Madden is in later stages? Maybe there's some surprise OF update coming!!

:( this sucks

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm has made some compelling arguments. i would consider that
That bullshit site that gives equal cap hit for a FB and a QB? Sign me up!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't worry guys. the online franchise is web-based so EA can add whatever they need on the fly. 3 cheers for EA!
lol

bluemax

Banned
I played a full game of Madden 12 today against some random Nintendo employee (we played on 360).

Only thing that really stood out to me was the new kick meter and camera angles and the fact that I actually got to Peyton Manning with my defensive line when not blitzing. And the play calling UI changed a little but not in a significant way.

Oh and the game half locked up during a measurement cutscene, good times!

Rosters seemed stupid old, Hasslebeck was my QB and on the team selection screen the teams don't have OVR ratings (its XX for every team).

The guy I was playing sucked so hard to really judge anything, I won 19-7 (had a safety and a FG) and it could've been worse but I was running the ball in the fourth. I completed over 90% of my passes as Hasslebeck for over 200 yards, although a good 60 or so came on two big screen passes out of the shotgun.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
they cant really do the rosters right in the middle of a lockout. Hasselbeck isnt a FA until the league year starts so might as well keep him there

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
didn't your boy yankeehater tell you? we're sending 13 first round picks to the eagles for kolb. championship

You forgot Patrick Willis. No Deal.

every player has a 3 star confidence rating for some reason. where is my Old Spice Swagger rating EA!? i loved it!

other ratings i want to see:

Snickers, Hungry? Rating (Desire to win a championship)
State Farm Like a Good Neighbor Rating (Staying healthy)
Chevy Runs Deep Rating (Shows how dangerous your RB could be breaking a big run)

and more. maybe they could get enough sponsorships to allow someone to work on online franchise? must be tough for such a small company as EA/tiburon to include these types of features with a limited budget

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
every player has a 3 star confidence rating for some reason. where is my Old Spice Swagger rating EA!? i loved it!

other ratings i want to see:

Snickers, Hungry? Rating (Desire to win a championship)
State Farm Like a Good Neighbor Rating (Staying healthy)
Chevy Runs Deep Rating (Shows how dangerous your RB could be breaking a big run)

and more. maybe they could get enough sponsorships to allow someone to work on online franchise? must be tough for such a small company as EA/tiburon to include these types of features with a limited budget

They said the confidence ratings for everyone would be at 3 at launch because they are gonna tweak them according to performance during the season

DMczaf

21-0.

FMT's boy Bill Abner (or Billy Abz as FMT calls him) has Madden and NCAA impressions

http://www.nohighscores.com/node/944

Here is a brief rundown...

Madden ...got hands on time with this along with Todd and I liked what I saw. I was worried about the dynamic rating stuff because when you do that it can break a game if not handled with care. The good news is that it's not the ratings that go up and down. It's more like this...

Let's say Braylon Edwards gets popped and drops a pass, which Braylon is prone to do. Those hits and those drops can get into a players head...if that player is prone to dropping balls.

Defenders are rated differently based not only on man to man and zone but also rush type, consistency, high motor (basically will he quit on a play), big hits, and confidence. I admit oi like these types of specific characteristics.

Collision detection Looks massively improved, and I liked the feel of the gameplay. So, as a 20 minute play session goes, it looked good. They tried to sell me on all of the new presentations improvements but I just don't care about accurate team entrances and camera angles, but ymmv.

Ncaa 2012 was hit and miss. I liked the idea of coaching carousels, and the idea of starting as a coordinator, The collision detection is better, recruiting sounds vastly improved as teams recruit for need and will actually recruit kickers! I like that the new online tools allow you to basically sim a online dynasty entirely via the web. Sweet.

The ps3 version looked I thought significantly inferior to the 360. Dunno why, but it did. I also saw the infamous rocket interceptions, even though I was told rocket receptions were fixed.

It felt like NCAA, with tweaks to the gameplay. I did like the madden build a little more, though. Plus..Michigan is STILL rated a B+ on defense. That is CRAZY and it makes me fear that everyone gets a ribbon because if Michigan has a good defense in this game then every team should have a good defense. No offense to the wolverines but come on...

There was more stuff about presentation, mascots, and stadium stuff that just doesn't interest me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DMczaf said:
I told you, just connect the league to this site!

http://myleaguemanager.net/

that site doesn't seem to show the box scores for playoff games (unless I'm doing something wrong), kind of annoying. Perhaps that's so pro bowl and season statistics don't get thrown off. Plus the Press stat is messed up for rookie scouting.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tiburon is racist. always keeping the black man down! if i won a superbowl with fucking tim rattay i will make kaepernick a modern day randall cunningham

Hey hey hey. Dont you dare compare that POS to Randall.

Ramirez

Hmm, that definitely had a more "like like" sheen to it, colors look different than last year, and they finally fixed the running animation.

Top Bottom