• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DMczaf

madden-nfl-12-20110601035158148_640w.jpg

madden-nfl-12-20110601035213631_640w.jpg

madden-nfl-12-20110601035203976_640w.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
Smart, QBs are to important to get hurt...you'll find out when Vick breaks a leg :(

DCX

you act as if i didnt play a ton with Vick in madden 10. I know how to use him, thanks.

CB3

DCX said:
The same real life where Vick gets hurt and Ryan doesn't.

DCX

Cept this happens when vick gets hurt

Kolb 23/29 326 3TD's

You should remember that game

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
I don't think DCX is the actual GM of the Falcons
Listen, i was ahead of the curve...i was the Atlanta GM before the Atlanta GM! The trade they made this year had DCX all over that :p

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
Listen, i was ahead of the curve...i was the Atlanta GM before the Atlanta GM! The trade they made this year had DCX all over that :p

DCX

Well then we all know how its gonna end...

CB3

DCX said:
With the Falcons beating the Eagles in the playoffs and then losing to Green Bay...again :(

DCX

The Falcons beat the eagles in the playoffs like once every 10 years. Maybe. In real life and in madden

CB3

so..... who wants to set up Yahoo fantasy football?* It doesnt even matter how early this year since there is no fucking off season

*Anyone but rors cause he is racist.

CB3

Rorschach said:
Pfft mine always finish. At least 2 a year. Some people never get theirs off the ground.
lvEyC.gif

That because i went away for a week last year and i came back and you stole all my guys!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
owners and players met yesterday and today. mediation cancelled for next week. i think something is brewing
Hopefully, but I want to see how the off-season works if they ever get something done. We might not have the exact same fantasy format, free agents will be flying left and right, and there could be some very sloppy football the first few weeks.

I want to see if I draft Alex Smith first round or second.

Rorschach said:
Hopefully, but I want to see how the off-season works if they ever get something done. We might not have the exact same fantasy format, free agents will be flying left and right, and there could be some very sloppy football the first few weeks.

I want to see if I draft Alex Smith first round or second.

better hope you have a top 1 pick if you want alex on your team!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One final note on conference realignment: the movement of schools is all up to you now (or your commissioner in an Online Dynasty). Since the old conference invite/demote logic had a lot of issues and only involved human controlled teams, we decided to give you the power to adjust conference membership, rules, and BCS tie-ins during future years of the Dynasty so that you can make the moves that you see fit.

Very nice, I interprit this to mean, you can move teams around after the league has already started.

So, say the league has a few people leave: Move the remaining players to the same conference.

The league adds players: Move their team of choice to Human conference.

DCX and Luke get into a war of highly offensive words: Move them to different conferences. Or don't!

Just to have the ability to change the landscape AFTER the start of the league, is good.

Also, who else wants to do away with the BCS tie in's? Just let the best teams at the end of the year get matched up together.

LukeSmith

MWS Natural said:
I wonder how much this is going to affect user controlled QB's. If accuracy will actually drop in game when forces pass label changes.

I can already tell this is a feature we'll be restarting the league to disable.

DMczaf

http://mymaddenpad.com/2011/06/dynamic-player-performance-detailed-look/

Wow, that was a lot to take in I know. I really think this is one of the coolest features they have this year, and I have to be honest I didn’t think it would work at all. Not only that but I didn’t think that I would even notice it if it did work. I was wrong on both accounts and was happily surprised when I play when I played Madden NFL 12 a couple of weeks ago.

When Phil Frazier sat down with us at the beginning of that first day he talked a little bit about Dynamic Player Performance and how players would change during the course of the game depending on how the game and that player progressed throughout. He showed a picture of Adrian Peterson running the ball and said this is what Peterson looked like running the ball in the first quarter. The picture showed Peterson with ball loosely at his side like a loaf of bread. He then showed us a picture of Peterson after he had a fumble and this pictured showed him securing the ball while he was running. Phil also stated that not only will he carry the ball more securely but he doesn’t try to break out of tackles after some fumbles. So what does this mean, it means that EA has added to the realism of the game.

In one instance while playing against the Bears in Madden NFL 12, I was constantly putting pressure on Jay Cutler. I could see by the second qtr it was on his mind because he was passing way before my pressure was getting to him and before the WR was open. There were a couple that bounced in the dirt. I think the consistency will play a huge role in Madden NFL 12. I really noticed the difference in especially the QB when playing the computer.

So what happens when you play against another human player? Do these traits still happen? Yes and no. I guess what I mean is, you are the QB so it’s up to you to run out of the pocket when you sense pressure or throw it into the stands, but your WR still may drop the ball, the linebacker you are not controlling still will go for the big hit and play aggressive so it’s a mix bag.

The real problem I had with this feature and I made sure I put it in my feedback is that you have to press pause to see who is doing what. So you don’t know if that WR is dropping wide open passes unless you press pause and then they only show one or two people depending on what side of the ball you are on. In fact during a head to head match-up I noted that it never showed up on the pause menu. We’ll have to get some more clarification on that and get back to that.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I can see this being fine for QBs, ultimately we're the ones responsible for minding the pocket and getting the ball out... the Adrian Peterson example worries me. Would be kind of cool if it's applicable to a WR's willingness to go up high over the middle.

Can't wait to see Austin Collie's willingness to do that.
collie-injury.jpg

Top Bottom