• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

BigAT

Who is going to run the Kinect Sports Football league this year? I'm tired of not looking like a complete douchebag when I play video games.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:
Who is going to run the Kinect Sports Football league this year? I'm tired of not looking like a complete douchebag when I play video games.

Peter Moore already mentioned Kinect in Madden 13. This year might be better than next year since they will spend their time doing motion based bullshit

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When I think of all the time spent putting Kinect in Madden 12, I begin to see fixes I hoped would've been made not being done.

BigAT

McNei1y said:
I'm in an awful situation to look any news up on E3 and such... Can we expect Madden/NCAA info to come out?
EA conference is going on now, I don't know if I would really expect much new stuff to come out though.

McNei1y

BigAT said:
EA conference is going on now, I don't know if I would really expect much new stuff to come out though.

Aw they haven't said anything about online franchise? I mean I expect to see it here anyway but I was hoping we'd hear something like that.

DCX

DCX
How do we not have a Madden insider within us by now. I'm sure some of us have been to E3 and know people who know people..this needs to be achieved, Luke..pull some strings.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
How do we not have a Madden insider within us by now. I'm sure some of us have been to E3 and know people who know people..this needs to be achieved, Luke..pull some strings.

DCX
The problem is that we know more about the in's and out's of Online Franchise than anyone that works for EA.

Nothing new for Madden during the press conference, NCAA didn't even get mentioned.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX
I'll find stuff out this week bros

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Battered Wife Syndrome. Maybe this is the year EA doesn't break our ribs and dislocate our jaws!
You would know a thing or two about that from our games

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:

DCX

The people I knew up there all quit and went to THQ.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Why do you care? You're not getting it.
I said I'd get it as a replacement for Madden, since Madden isn't giving us anything, but I probably wouldn't be able to join the league because of timing.

And I care because it would mean a step forward in the franchise and maybe give some hope that the Madden team can implement similar features into their title!

MWS Natural said:
Yawn. Guess they're not gonna say anything about actual features that matter to us 'till August.

Found this funny:
Phil Frazier said:
In the online arena, I love what I see out of the Call of Duty franchise. They have incredible usage in their online features and that usage is mind blowing. The fact that they’ve created an incredibly deep and highly customizable online experience that not only keeps people engaged but that continually grows after launch, is something we strive for.
All the things they don't have in their game!
We have added the ability for you to practice with your Franchise Mode team without exporting them from the mode. This change makes it much easier to prepare for upcoming franchise matchups and is a change that has been requested for several years.
Bet it doesn't apply to OF.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
So... nothing was said about NCAA. Safe to assume it's 12 players? Lame.

I'm mad because I probably won't have a spot!! :O

Please EA. I hope you're just yanking our chain and waiting until some specific day to tell us OF is amazing.

LukeSmith

Virtually no tweaks being made to online franchise
New feature "Community" will be announced in July (won't replace OF, but may have some functionality OF players like)
Game presentation is better
Played ok
NCAA not on floor but no cause for concern

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
New feature "Community" will be announced in July (won't replace OF, but may have some functionality OF players like)
Played ok

Dog Shit and Paperbags for EVERYONE

You Get a Flaming Bag of Shit!
You Get a Flaming Bag of Shit!

YOU ALL GET A FLAMING BAG OF [Sen. Clay Davis]SHIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT[/Sen. Clay Davis]

BigAT

LukeSmith said:
Played ok
I think they mentioned the Community thing during the EA press conference, it didn't sound like much. Mainly just tying the game into your social networking sites.

Like it could automatically update your Facebook status to read that you're playing the same shitty online franchise from 3 years ago...

DMczaf

Striker said:
No new tweaks to OF? Well, sorry Tiburon.

l6XPs.jpg

LukeSmith said:
Played ok

luke with the dagger!

:(

BigAT

PastaPadre's Madden and NCAA impressions from Day 1. Nothing related to OF.

Madden NFL 12
Prominently displayed along with FIFA 12 in the EA booth pretty much every version of the game was playable from 360/PS3 to the iPad 2, 3DS, and Facebook offering. Gameplay wise I need more experience with Madden 12 to evaluate it properly and will invest significant time tomorrow. Presentation and graphics are where things really seem to excel this year but the feel of the game is much improved also especially as it pertains to running animations – and just movement and control in general. The defensive lineman also have a wide array of moves and top players like Ndamukong Suh can cause pressure consistently while blitzes actually have the ability to make it home. There have been some sporadic issues noticed but all have been somewhat minor and I’ll go into those in a full writeup later this week.

NCAA Football 12
Stunningly this game was not on the floor at E3 and instead held behind closed doors in a restricted environment. That could raise some concerns about why EA Sports would not want the public to get an unfiltered look at the game which is only a month away from releasing.
So let me get this straight, Madden for Facebook was on the floor but NCAA wasn't?

Pulled from Opsports:

Comment From RJ
Any reason given why NCAA is behind closed doors?
8:35
Christian McLeod: Posted this on Twitter earlier--spoke with an EA rep. They wanted to give Madden top billing and really showcase the game without additional distractions. Madden was the only game outside of Need for Speed that EA was showcasing on the show floor

Relax. FIFA was behind closed doors last year.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Played ok
Thanks, Luke. Not this year, Madden!

First year since... ... ever? :eek: No Madden. No NFL. Gonna be a rough year.

storybook77 said:
Pulled from Opsports:

Relax. FIFA was behind closed doors last year.
FIFA was on the floor, but that guy says only NFS and Madden. Suspicious!

Rorschach said:
Thanks, Luke. Not this year, Madden!

First year since... ... ever? :eek: No Madden. No NFL. Gonna be a rough year.

FIFA was on the floor, but that guy says only NFS and Madden. Suspicious!

He said Madden and NFS were showcased. That may mean that they take up the majority of space.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Played ok

Does this mean we'll all get free copies when FMT eventually caves, or is that only for a select few??

DCX

DCX
You guys can say what you want, you all know there will be a Madden League and we all will be in it, including FMT.

DCX

Top Bottom