• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

golf ham it jahvid best. And matthew stafford over threw the ball every time i tried to rocket it in their :( But jesus at Suh, 7 tackles, 4 for a loss? Jesus

i vote for all-madden. The third quarter was an indication of haw broken all pro is

gg

Rorschach said:
I predict 97 to 98.

Goldlion beware: FMT goes for it on 4th and long so don't mash A after third down. -_- If there is a 4th down on all-pro.

pffft i only went for it on 4th down against you after your greatest show on turf 3 and 4 wide sets with 1 run all game came to play! if you want to play a legit game then ill punt on 4th and long :D

anyways, i didn't really notice much difference from this and all madden to be honest. final score was 31-28, 3 offensive TD's for both teams. both teams ran with a lot of success so the run blocking was definitely better.... plenty of broken tackles tho :/

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pffft i only went for it on 4th down against you after your greatest show on turf 3 and 4 wide sets with 1 run all game came to play! if you want to play a legit game then ill punt on 4th and long :D

anyways, i didn't really notice much difference from this and all madden to be honest. final score was 31-28, 3 offensive TD's for both teams. both teams ran with a lot of success so the run blocking was definitely better.... plenty of broken tackles tho :/
Do you really think I'm going to run on Willis and that overrated DL? That would be a waste of a down.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
everyone else does it! everyone passes on me eventually but come on every down 4 wide? :lol
I do lots of SB 2/3 wide too! But probably 4 wide because it gives Willis more field to cover and it lets the QB get rid of the ball fast because of your instant pressure DL and constant blitzing. You have to admit Willis is the biggest game changer in the entire game on defense. If he ever goes out, your entire defense is fucked. With him, the 9ers are probably top 2 defense.

Rorschach said:
I do lots of SB 2/3 wide too! But probably 4 wide because it gives Willis more field to cover and it lets the QB get rid of the ball fast because of your instant pressure DL and constant blitzing.

there's no such thing as getting rid of the ball fast. here are your options in madden playing against 4 wide:

1. you blitz and play man to man. if you are blitzing CB's, then you are depending on your safeties to cover the slot guys. the problem with this is that the safeties kind of "wait" for the guy to get to them. ratings do not really matter, only speed. this is why DHB and your other speed guys have so much success

2. you blitz and play zone. well this is a toss up, depends on what the other guy is looking for. more often than not you have plenty of time to run out to the side and wait for someone to clear the zone. once in a while the blitz will get there before allowing the scramble out.

3. don't blitz. qb drops back.... waits for someone to get open. waits for someone to get open. in the rare instance where the D-line gets in quickly, it's very easy for even a mid-speed qb to just scramble out and wait for someone to break open (which they will, whether it's against man or zone, because of locomotion)

really the only way to combat this is to be good on the sticks and hedge your bets by half. i also have no idea how to stop my cb's from being fucking retarded at the line of scrimmage. i don't even bump and from time to time spencer will just stand there and let the other WR go by, then he is in a trail position and if i don't have safety help over the top there is nothing i can do. the only time i can stop this from happening is playing way off, and in that scenario i am playing with fire because if ANY non-fly pattern is called it's an easy completion.

anyhow, that is my summar of 3/4 wide play in the game. it's not a guaranteed success obviously but i just wish they would give us sliders and a lot of the tools ncaa has (especially having to do with zone depths)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Everything in this game is broken. League play is the only reason i havent sold Madden. NCAA is the better game by far

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there's no such thing as getting rid of the ball fast.
Untrue.

1. you blitz and play man to man. if you are blitzing CB's, then you are depending on your safeties to cover the slot guys. the problem with this is that the safeties kind of "wait" for the guy to get to them. ratings do not really matter, only speed. this is why DHB and your other speed guys have so much success
Safeties move up when you blitz corners unless you hold them back there. If you do, that's your problem!
2. you blitz and play zone. well this is a toss up, depends on what the other guy is looking for. more often than not you have plenty of time to run out to the side and wait for someone to clear the zone. once in a while the blitz will get there before allowing the scramble out.
Actually my experience with that is that the other guy will just throw to the flats every time even if you have someone there because flats coverage is shit. This is why I play DE against these guys or move the safety up. For example, Frank Gore had 6 catches last game and 10 catches the previous game. Gore will all of a sudden become a possession receiver if Nnamdi is in his face and the ball is in the air. Nnamdi will wait for the pass to be caught before reacting.
3. don't blitz. qb drops back.... waits for someone to get open. waits for someone to get open. in the rare instance where the D-line gets in quickly, it's very easy for even a mid-speed qb to just scramble out and wait for someone to break open (which they will, whether it's against man or zone, because of locomotion)
If you use 4 man fronts, I find that they get there in time, but yes, if the QB scrambles, the CBs will all of a sudden not know how to cover guys. I've seen guys wide open while the CB in charge is on the other side of the field. -_-

anyhow, that is my summar of 3/4 wide play in the game. it's not a guaranteed success obviously but i just wish they would give us sliders and a lot of the tools ncaa has (especially having to do with zone depths)
Sliders would fix everything, but you're not allowed to play this game in any other way but what Tiburon wants. It's their game! Customization is for bottom feeders!

Maybe we should ban passing.

like i said, ratings mean nothing to a degree, only speed. 7/10 times DHB or louis murphy easily shrug off the bump if i play B&R. if i dont bump, the guys can't stay with them period. they break the zone because you buy time by either not having pressure or scrambling out. that's just the reality of it.

as for gore having 6 catches, i don't think 1 of them was in the flats. his lone TD the last game i guess "technically" could be considered that, but it was a wheel route and he caught it about 25 yards down field, not in the flats. i rarely ever actually throw into the flats because to fix the flats problem EA has basically made the RB "cut" their route at the end. they do not continue on up field, the RB turns around and stops.

i think a part of the problem is that EA comes up with locomotion and then doesn't realize the unwanted consequences it has. go watch some of the replays and how guys react. you can also see on a lot of cb blitzes the problem i posted about yesterday against livewire where an invisible forcefield slows down your CB so he is allowed to be blocked by the tackle or rb :(

ncaa has problems too even with sliders but they aren't as bad. i'm just hoping tiburon can give us some type of fix for some of this stuff. what have these fucking losers been doing since release? we have already gotten like 2 gameplay patches and 4 additional "tweaks" in ncaa.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
like i said, ratings mean nothing to a degree, only speed. 7/10 times DHB or louis murphy easily shrug off the bump if i play B&R. if i dont bump, the guys can't stay with them period. they break the zone because you buy time by either not having pressure or scrambling out. that's just the reality of it.

as for gore having 6 catches, i don't think 1 of them was in the flats. his lone TD the last game i guess "technically" could be considered that, but it was a wheel route and he caught it about 25 yards down field, not in the flats. i rarely ever actually throw into the flats because to fix the flats problem EA has basically made the RB "cut" their route at the end. they do not continue on up field, the RB turns around and stops.

i think a part of the problem is that EA comes up with locomotion and then doesn't realize the unwanted consequences it has. go watch some of the replays and how guys react. you can also see on a lot of cb blitzes the problem i posted about yesterday against livewire where an invisible forcefield slows down your CB so he is allowed to be blocked by the tackle or rb :(

ncaa has problems too even with sliders but they aren't as bad. i'm just hoping tiburon can give us some type of fix for some of this stuff. what have these fucking losers been doing since release? we have already gotten like 2 gameplay patches and 4 additional "tweaks" in ncaa.
If speed was all that mattered, DHB would be starting for me instead of Murphy. When I play DHB at the starting position, he gets destroyed. Also, Ginn got shut out (including a TD drop :lol ). You're not gonna tell me Ginn > Crabbles, are you?

I forgot about that wheel route, but the best part of that is he had a DB on him who waited for him to run the wheel, THEN started the pursuit. Flats coverage is borked.

Also, not all hb routes are cut... such as that wheel route. :p Fucking flats!

Rorschach said:
If speed was all that mattered, DHB would be starting for me instead of Murphy. When I play DHB at the starting position, he gets destroyed. Also, Ginn got shut out (including a TD drop :lol ). You're not gonna tell me Ginn > Crabbles, are you?

I forgot about that wheel route, but the best part of that is he had a DB on him who waited for him to run the wheel, THEN started the pursuit. Flats coverage is borked.

Also, not all hb routes are cut... such as that wheel route. :p Fucking flats!

that is my point! i see this happen so often even outside of the flats/wheel routes. its like the db's wait for a cut or a blow by and then a second later they say "oh yeah, i should go cover him"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"The Texans are interested in Matt Leinart. If they sign him, he'll join Matt Schaub and Dan Orlovsky on the roster.

haha

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is my point! i see this happen so often even outside of the flats/wheel routes. its like the db's wait for a cut or a blow by and then a second later they say "oh yeah, i should go cover him"
I think this is because of the imaginary LOS wall that CBs don't like to venture into. It confuses them.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
"The Texans are interested in Matt Leinart. If they sign him, he'll join Matt Schaub and Dan Orlovsky on the roster.

haha

2qsor5z.jpg

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
There ya go!

Of course you could also get NHL....
Speaking of which, my copy of NHL shipped yesterday. I was ecstatic, but then I remembered that tomorrow is a holiday so there's no chance of me getting it early. :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Nightz said:
Speaking of which, my copy of NHL shipped yesterday. I was ecstatic, but then I remembered that tomorrow is a holiday so there's no chance of me getting it early. :(
Yup. Same. But I will be on it after work Tuesday building myself into a Scott Stevens clone.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is it possible that they won't update the online franchise roster since they have established they have pretty much given up?

CB3

my guess is that they were waiting for the full rosters to do the OF stuff.

Well, more like my hope

Birdman02

CB3 said:
my guess is that they were waiting for the full rosters to do the OF stuff.

Well, more like my hope

Any idea when that is supposed to happen? I think some of these people might actually sell their Madden copies if we don't start soon!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Someone get me Halo Reach!

*stares at Luke*

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
4 incompletions, probably each one was a dropped pick!

alex smith had more yards!

Alex Smith also got duped on that HB route with Nasty Nate. Come on FMT. I INVTENTED PICKING THAT ROUTE OFF. There is even a note about that fucking route on your old website!

CB3 said:
Alex Smith also got duped on that HB route with Nasty Nate. Come on FMT. I INVTENTED PICKING THAT ROUTE OFF. There is even a note about that fucking route on your old website!

there was no HB in that route, it was crabtree running a slant. it was a horrible throw. i pushed to the right because crabtree was open and i can hit that route even with coverage in the middle of the field to his back shoulder. but alex being alex basically throws it right to you.

CB3

LoL. if that was crab then he got fucked at the line cause that was a late slant. and it didnt go right to me. it went right to crabbles. unfortunately i stepped infront of him and took it

CB3 said:
LoL. if that was crab then he got fucked at the line cause that was a late slant. and it didnt go right to me. it went right to crabbles. unfortunately i stepped infront of him and took it

it's a delay pattern out of the trips formation :(

if the protection is there its usually a good route to run, but with good manual coverage thats what i get

CB3

I was literally offended that he got ran down, especially since i took that INT in stride

CB3 said:
I was literally offended that he got ran down, especially since i took that INT in stride

yeah i was surprised cause gore isn't THAT fast in the game (or real life!)

also you made possibly the worst throw i have ever seen in my life with that vick interception :lol

CB3

Jax was open for a second. But Vick stopped to plant and then threw it, which messed it up

CB3 said:
Jax was open for a second. But Vick stopped to plant and then threw it, which messed it up

motherfucker you threw it from one sideline across your body to the other, i don't care how open someone is that's a bad throw.... even in the QB/WR friendly world of madden!

what's funny about gore and westbrook is one out of every 4 runs results in an injury.... to the other teams defender :lol

i run the shit out of them and i have not seen one injury to either one yet in all my games ive played

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what's funny about gore and westbrook is one out of every 4 runs results in an injury.... to the other teams defender :lol

i run the shit out of them and i have not seen one injury to either one yet in all my games ive played
It sucks that you can't low or high stick Gore. It's bullshit. Really, a guy with 90 tackle and 95 hit power just bounces off his shins?

Auto-hurdle and auto-shoulder-whiff are the worst things invented in Madden. Gore can't jump more than 2 feet!

Top Bottom