• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Stop asking for handouts Mr. Moneybags!

iwhls3.gif

F U I NEED THE HAND OUTS NOW THAT I BOUGHT ANOTHER 360! anyway... Leinart is a Texan now :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AstroLad said:
Hell yeah!

(But for 360! :p)
PS3 netcode is superior for FIFA. No joke. I play my friend in Germany regularly and we both noticed how much more stable the connection is. FYI. Plus, you get more competition with the PS3 version since more footbal fans own PS3s than X360s.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
PS3 netcode is superior for FIFA. No joke. I play my friend in Germany regularly and we both noticed how much more stable the connection is. FYI. Plus, you get more competition with the PS3 version since more footbal fans own PS3s than X360s.
not on gaf though. so many ps3 "leagues" that died after 3 posts. also finding games on fifa at any time is definitely NOT a problem. it's like 10x more popular than madden. even now

but sure go ahead split the community!

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
not on gaf though. so many ps3 "leagues" that died after 3 posts. also finding games on fifa at any time is definitely NOT a problem. it's like 10x more popular than madden. even now

but sure go ahead split the community!
At least those leagues started.......

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
heh heh, actually they're probably pretty much equivalent to most attemps i've seen on here for madden. even earlier. the problem is ps3=euros and euros are fucking flakes and don't really fully understand the whole "league" idea

eznark

Banned
racist

Our MLB league actually went pretty well until Frankman had to help his sister move, for a God damned month.

DenogginizerOS

I am getting the PS3 version to play with my buddy in Germany. Not trying to split a community. Personally, I prefer playing head to head games with FIFA rather than playing a league. There are far too many good teams in the game to just settle on playing with one.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DenogginizerOS said:
I am getting the PS3 version to play with my buddy in Germany. Not trying to split a community. Personally, I prefer playing head to head games with FIFA rather than playing a league. There are far too many good teams in the game to just settle on playing with one.

Same. I'm getting it for PS3 like I always do so I can play my brother and not get worried about being talked into 360 league play. Not enough time to do all these leagues anyway.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm jk btw.

if there are enough people to roll with a league on 360 i will do it. we've had tons of great soccer leagues on here going back to winning eleven 9 on ps2. it's pretty much fun for the same reason playing in a madden league is fun for me, which is persistence of stats and community

McNei1y

AstroLad said:
i'm jk btw.

if there are enough people to roll with a league on 360 i will do it. we've had tons of great soccer leagues on here going back to winning eleven 9 on ps2. it's pretty much fun for the same reason playing in a madden league is fun for me, which is persistence of stats and community

Ill do a fifa league if that's what you're stating.

As for this franchise, game sometime today... anyone>?

AstroLad said:
i'm jk btw.

is there a dedicated online thing for fifa or is it more like league daddy type?

even though i know next to nothing about soccer (or futbol as you non-americans call it!), and i suck complete ballsack at it, i would possibly play. i just dont want to do the stats entering stuff anymore :(

Sanjuro

Well the migraine medicine factors into the cost.

Then you have digital content, Playstation Plus, overpriced console, peripherals, etc. I'm not complaining as I've spend only $60 on the hardware, but I prefer to use it as little as possible.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
is there a dedicated online thing for fifa or is it more like league daddy type?

even though i know next to nothing about soccer (or futbol as you non-americans call it!), and i suck complete ballsack at it, i would possibly play. i just dont want to do the stats entering stuff anymore :(
lucky for you soccer has almost no stats! :lol

In terms of 1v1 EA does have a league thing that we can certainly try out. It's not historically been as fleshed out as online franchise but it's easy. In terms of the GAF "team" (11 v 11) they have that actually really well set up.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Then you have digital content, Playstation Plus, overpriced console, peripherals, etc. I'm not complaining as I've spend only $60 on the hardware, but I prefer to use it as little as possible.
You don't need any of that to play online. Stop being stupid.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
You don't need any of that to play online. Stop being stupid.
I'm not being stupid. I'm just saying there hasn't been one game I have played on PSN which hasn't been borked or superior to the XBOX Live sibling. I was one of the only people to actually defend MLB10 for PS3 in the league.

DenogginizerOS

Ramirez said:
So Madden is so terrible it's pushed all of you to a FIFA league? ZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZ
Madden sucks this year. There are far too many games out now and coming soon that are worth playing more than Ian's Spreadsheet of Gameflow Failure.

DenogginizerOS said:
Madden sucks this year. There are far too many games out now and coming soon that are worth playing more than Ian's Spreadsheet of Gameflow Failure.

the fixes the game needs aren't major. tweaking the secondary AI and improving the D just a bit will settle a lot of problems. we'll see!

LukeSmith

How many spots do we have?
How many people slated for slots are quitting so that we can keep the league filled?
Why can't we all just get along
until the league starts

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the fixes the game needs aren't major. tweaking the secondary AI and improving the D just a bit will settle a lot of problems. we'll see!
They're not gonna do either of those things. And I agree they aren't major, but the fact that they aren't getting fixed is what's frustrating.

Oh well, Donny tweeted about working on rosters... maybe we'll get OF rosters this week -_-

I'm sure many of my players will still be rated wrong, and in the wrong positions, but at least we can start this thang.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
How many spots do we have?
How many people slated for slots are quitting so that we can keep the league filled?
Why can't we all just get along
until the league starts
I think we should get all of this sorted out. The guys on the waiting list might not even know they're being bumped up and might have forgotten all about this thing.

Mrbob

Quitting is for next year when we are forced to choose between Kinect and Move.

Please patch the game though EA I don't want to play it in its current state.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Have you played against the Jets or Cowboys? Good lord.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Donnie has said before he doesn't do the rosters for online franchise. It's someone else

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What's better, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Ryans or Anquan Boldin, Housh, Heap, Ray Rice and a sick D? The rich (Matrix) just keep getting richer.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

This post is dumb.

Which costs more: 1 ps3 at launch or 3 arcade 360's?

Answer: 3 360's. I know this, because it's happened already.

Other stuff is optional, and exist on the 360.

DenogginizerOS

I am waiting for the patch(es) to see what they actually do. But accepting this game in its current state is not something any of us should have to do for $60. As Rors said, it more the fact that they aren't going to fix the issues that pisses me off.

McNei1y

Lonestar said:

:lol

Sadly, so do I. I am on my third xbox as well, about to buy a 4th because my 3rd is starting to die. (Disc Read error). Once it finally arrives, I am buying one of those new slim black 360s immediately.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If we knew what not to do, we'd have done that by now.

Only known way to have the 360 not die?

Answer: don't turn it on.

McNei1y

goldlion054 said:
What do you guys do to your 360's? Christ, i have had my current (and only) one for 4 years now, never had a problem :lol

Got my first in 2006. Lasted for a year and a half, then messed up. Had a warranty left. Got a new one. 7 months later, RROD (again) still had a warranty. A few months later, bought an arcade. A year later, same thing. RROD, bought a new arcade. Now when RROD is free fix, I get a different error. Such crap. :lol

Ever since my second xbox I've taken games out of the tray to make sure dust doesn't build up as quick... "Life will always find a way" (to fuck up, in this case, my xbox's)

pIekbTDCVpf4tkazejH2V4QDo1_500.jpg

Somnia

goldlion054 said:
What do you guys do to your 360's? Christ, i have had my current (and only) one for 4 years now, never had a problem :lol
Well you just sent you xbox to die by talking about it :lol

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
This post is dumb.

Other stuff is optional, and exist on the 360.
This post is dumb. Insinuating that PS3's don't break. I've owned two of each console by choice. Neither one broke on me.

Either way, that has nothing to do with the actual online. You guys want to continue to white knight the PS3's "free online" then be my guest. Both of them cost money to do things, one of them has far less headaches. That's how I look at it.

Top Bottom