• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

Mrbob

Never underestimate Wellie's prep time. :lol

I think Robbie Gould has been Mason Crosbied in Madden 11. I hit a 50 yard FG with him at 92 percent power and at quite an angle. Kick hooked in off the cross bar. Last year Gould would need 100 percent power to hit a 50 yard fg.

While the built in kicking lag is annoying, I'm happy it is there. FGs shouldn't be automatic all the time. Although once everyone gets the lag timing down they probably will be again.

eznark

Banned
Artificially making field goals more difficult by putting a non representative meter on there is bullshit. That said, I've only had one game where it was really bad.

I'm thinking of getting an old dial up modem and practicing with it to get my timing down precisely. Home field advantage!!

Nightz

eznark said:
3 hours per game? Jesus that is crazy talk.
He has a book on every one of us. He studies your play style and tendencies. He also knows where you live, where you work, where your kids go to school, your wife's dress size, your dog's name, and he even knows about that little secret stash that you keep in your sock drawer.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
While the built in kicking lag is annoying, I'm happy it is there. FGs shouldn't be automatic all the time. Although once everyone gets the lag timing down they probably will be again.

Not good when you miss extra points. Who does that besides Kris Brown?

Mrbob

I'd rather have this than what was in previous years when nailing a 60 yard fg is the same as lining up for a 20 yard fg.

Of course I do have a 95 rated FG kicker so I don't have to hit the angle perfectly to make a kick!

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:
He has a book on every one of us. He studies your play style and tendencies. He also knows where you live, where you work, where your kids go to school, your wife's dress size, your dog's name, and he even knows about that little secret stash that you keep in your sock drawer.

I swear, those Avril Lavigne CD's they aren't mine. I am holding them for a friend!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I'd rather have this than what was in previous years when nailing a 60 yard fg is the same as lining up for a 20 yard fg.

Of course I do have a 95 rated FG kicker so I don't have to hit the angle perfectly to make a kick!

I never came close to nailing 60 yard fg's last year :( Hell I was lucky to make 40 yarders.

DCX

DCX
Just got the game today. Last time I order from gamestop. I'll be free to play games tonight after ten est.

DCX

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I never came close to nailing 60 yard fg's last year :( Hell I was lucky to make 40 yarders.

Even within your kickers range, there was never a penalty in madden unless you accidentally moved the stick up in the wrong direction. There is no difference at all between kicking a 20 yard fg and even a 45 yard fg, when the 45 yard fg should be much more difficult.

At least with the 50 yarder that I hit the ball had a hook before it went in. Thankfully I hooked it the right way! I never saw those kicks in Madden before. They were always dead center.

Smokey

The only time I've had issue with the kicking was my first game. After that I haven't missed any kicks. Also it amazes me how good kris brown is in this game. Worst kicker in the league last season but you wouldn't know it.

Poor somnia missed like 5 in our game a few days ago. I could sense the frustration!

Rorschach said:
Well, locomotion came from the FIFA guys. It's just a matter of the Madden guys giving a shit. :\

If things keep going the way they went this year, the NCAA team will take over Madden before long.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
If things keep going the way they went this year, the NCAA team will take over Madden before long.
I wish! I think if things keep going the way they're going, the Madden manual will be replaced with a leaflet of Ian's data charts.

Rorschach said:
I wish! I think if things keep going the way they're going, the Madden manual will be replaced with a leaflet of Ian's data charts.

:lol

The new NCAA leads not only seem to genuinely care about their product but also follow through on promised updates. Ian just throws charts about who uses what in our face. Casual gamers use default settings? Who knew? :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
storybook77 said:

The new NCAA leads not only seem to genuinely care about their product but also follow through on promised updates. Ian just throws charts about who uses what in our face. Casual gamers use default settings? Who knew? :D
The professionalism of the NCAA team far exceeds the punk twats on the Madden team.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:

:lol :(

I wish the Madden team could show the same level of dedication as the NCAA team. JV team beating the Varsity right now.

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
Nope. We will get a signed letter from Ian saying 99.7% of Madden players don't read the manual so they have decided to exclude it. But here is an advertisement for candy bars and Old Spice!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DenogginizerOS said:
Nope. We will get a signed letter from Ian saying 99.7% of Madden players don't read the manual so they have decided to exclude it. But here is an advertisement for candy bars and Old Spice!!!

"This Dorito's Ad, brought to you by Snickers!"

Mrbob

Is there any way to turn off the coordinators in the game? I hate how crowd audio keeps on cutting out because I have to listen to their dumb ass comments.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Is there any way to turn off the coordinators in the game? I hate how crowd audio keeps on cutting out because I have to listen to their dumb ass comments.
Yeah, in settings under My Madden I believe.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:

Take the Headset off your head.

Seriously, thought it was defaulted to Off, unless you have a mic headset plugged in.

Mrbob

They must default to on because I haven't adjusted anything, nor have a headset plugged in, and the coordinators keep on popping up before each play giving me a message.

I'll look for the setting tonight, thanks for the tip Nightz!

DenogginizerOS

Lonestar said:
"This Dorito's Ad, brought to you by Snickers!"

All these ad placements make me feel like I am watching a NASCAR helium eater do his post-race interview: "First, I want to thank my Jiffy Lube, Tampax, Snickers Bar, Funyun Chevrolet Pit Crew for getting me up there to the front..." *sips Coke in front of the camera

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
FMT just told me he wants to start the league tonight.

He gave me no reason for the sudden change of heart.

fil1938betterself.jpg

Somnia

Wellington said:
Correction, YOU had a lag free game.

I have yet to have a lag free 1v1 game. This is aggravating, especially with our new kick meter.
Well I wasn't counting the kicking meter lag ad that seems guranteed at this point. Hence my missed FG

Matrix

Sounds awesome!

*wishes he could smack Bob across the side of the head*

:lol @ that 2nd replay

Rorschach

I'm stepping out, but I'll be back in 30. I'd be up for something then. 3v3, 1v1, whatevs!

Wellington said:
Just played Rors. Between both of us, two missed PATs, a badly hooked FG, a kickoff out of bounds and punts that were going to the wrong side of the field.

Also, not a good day for me on specials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adesMoSaLsE
I take control of the flankers or bust for this reason.

[edit] Also, I take wider angles. Did you see how wide my angle was for your KR TD? Barely caught up, but it was too late. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maybe I should mention that it's definitely not a slight against anyone but I will be filming all of the wonky plays this year, and sending them off to the staff at Tiburon with commentary - Whether they are for or against me. Only way to teach a loved one sometimes is to bludgeon them.

I returned the opening KR but I didn't see anything fishy about it.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Maybe I should mention that it's definitely not a slight against anyone but I will be filming all of the wonky plays this year, and sending them off to the staff at Tiburon with commentary - Whether they are for or against me. Only way to teach a loved one sometimes is to bludgeon them.

"What up people It's yo boy Wellie Prime, aka CKBronx..."

Rorschach

We only have 3 people? Guess 3v3 is dead! This whole thread is dead! You're all out of order!

I'll just go see how the Doyers self-destruct this time.

Nightz

Wellington said:
Just played Rors. Between both of us, two missed PATs, a badly hooked FG, a kickoff out of bounds and punts that were going to the wrong side of the field.

Also, not a good day for me on specials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adesMoSaLsE
Regarding the first replay...

There's a setting called Auto Strafe, where the CPU decides when the user controlled player will strafe. Default is on. You can turn it off, but I don't know if this setting carries over into online games.

Top Bottom