• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
It's funny that he talks so much about gameflow being used, but it's on for every OF, UT, and Ranked game, so of course it'll be on.
Ya, are they just talking about it being on during a game, or it's actual play-to-play usage? It's a fucking hassle to turn it off every single game so I generally have it on but I never use it unless I am way ahead/behind.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pretty sure you can turn it off by default under my madden but maybe not

when are they going to fire all these morons? start of by hiring sablestats and bluemax and then fill in with a bunch of talented dudes from there. just from their attitude you can tell the series is never going fucking anywhere, not even next gen

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AstroLad said:

when are they going to fire all these morons? start of by hiring sablestats and bluemax and then fill in with a bunch of talented dudes from there. just from their attitude you can tell the series is never going fucking anywhere, not even next gen
I have been saying this since this year's Super Bowl when those clowns put on that half-time web blog thing. I can't believe John Madden likes these guys much at all.

Nightz

Let's get this thing started this weekend!

ian_cummings FYI - rosters (incl online franchise) will be updated this week, hoping for Thu or Fri depending on test and approvals.

Edit: I think we should also finalize who is/isn't playing. =P

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:

not for online games, I don't think. And I am pretty sure it is mandatory for online franchises, right?

Mrbob

Yes it is. You can hit X or something to get out of it but you have to do it for every play.

Season 1 tank incoming. I'll be able to get a top pick in round 1 and then in the beginning of round 2.

BigAT

eznark said:
not for online games, I don't think. And I am pretty sure it is mandatory for online franchises, right?
You can turn it off for normal online games (unranked/ranked) but it is on and mandatory for all Online Franchise games.

Mrbob

Tiburon:

04money-web-popup.jpg

Full reference here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406554

When do we break it off with them?

Rorschach

I played a game with Luke and the kicking meter doesn't seem all that improved to me...

AstroLad said:
You can for unranked, but not ranked, online franchise, ultimate team. It's decided by what your opponent has and for most of them it's default settings. :\

TheCrow

I should be getting my internet set up in my new apartment before this weekend so I'll be ready to go. Hopefully I can get some trades done early, unless the roster update fills in my roster.

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
I played a game with Luke and the kicking meter doesn't seem all that improved to me...

You can for unranked, but not ranked, online franchise, ultimate team. It's decided by what your opponent has and for most of them it's default settings. :\
The kicking meter is not getting patched until Patch #3 which is supposed to drop in the "second half of September" :/

Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)

- Tuning injuries

- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic

- Improving play action blocking

- Improving kick return blocking

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.

- Random stability improvements

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
The kicking meter is not getting patched until Patch #3 which is supposed to drop in the "second half of September" :/
That fucking sucks.

[edit]

- Generally making pass defense more effective

- Reducing number of broken tackles

- Tuning injuries

- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
FUCKING WANT!

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
we have to wait another month for the jesus patch? :lol fifa league is gonna start before this
No one should be surprised that Patch 2 is barely a patch. They said back in August that the patch that addresses the post-launch issues would not hit until late September. The strat pad patch was submitted shortly after the demo was submitted according to Ian Cumbaggings

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think we'd be good to go if they fixed the rosters, but the injury issue is a major one, IMO.

I'd be willing to deal with all the btks and the kicks for a month, but losing a player or two every game for 4+ weeks will get tough to deal with really soon, especially for teams that aren't as deep as the top tiers.

Making pass D more effective!? The fuck man! Will we go back to All-Pro if they do this and reduce the number of BTKs? As it is when I played Denog I could only pass to my TEs and RBs, and I only got positive yardage because Jacobs was trucking everything in sight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DenogginizerOS said:
No one should be surprised that Patch 2 is barely a patch. They said back in August that the patch that addresses the post-launch issues would not hit until late September. The strat pad patch was submitted shortly after the demo was submitted according to Ian Cumbaggings
i'm just bummed we don't get to play for a long time :/ got a huge vidgame drought going right now and this it'll be well over by then (civ + fifa)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
i'm just bummed we don't get to play for a long time :/ got a huge vidgame drought going right now and this it'll be well over by then (civ + fifa)
Some stupid fps game is coming out next week too. If I get it free I'll try it.

DenogginizerOS

Wellington said:
I think we'd be good to go if they fixed the rosters, but the injury issue is a major one, IMO.

I'd be willing to deal with all the btks and the kicks for a month, but losing a player or two every game for 4+ weeks will get tough to deal with really soon, especially for teams that aren't as deep as the top tiers.

Making pass D more effective!? The fuck man! Will we go back to All-Pro if they do this and reduce the number of BTKs? As it is when I played Denog I could only pass to my TEs and RBs, and I only got positive yardage because Jacobs was trucking everything in sight.
This is why injuries should be turned off. I know we are a sim league, but the injury levels are insane right now and really take away from the fun

DenogginizerOS

Rorschach said:
I'm against injuries being off even though my running backs are made of glass.
You say that now, but when your star players all are gone by week 4 with torn labrums, myocardial infarctions, compound fractures of the left tibia; etc., you will think differently. I lost Kris Jenkins, Revis, and Shonn Greene in a random ranked game with what would have to be be season ending injuries.

Wait, do the Raiders have star players?

DenogginizerOS

Nightz said:
I hope we don't wait until the end of the month to start this thing.
It really just depends on everyone's tolerance for bullshit because there will be a lot of it until patch 3 drops (and maybe afterwards).

BigAT

We could always start the league with injuries off, then turn them back on when the tuning patch comes out. Just checked my sim O.F. and you can turn injuries on/off at will.

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
It really just depends on everyone's tolerance for bullshit because there will be a lot of it until patch 3 drops (and maybe afterwards).
We might not have anyone in the league by the time patch 3 arrives. :lol

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
You say that now, but when your star players all are gone by week 4 with torn labrums, myocardial infarctions, compound fractures of the left tibia; etc., you will think differently.
No I won't.

Wait, do the Raiders have star players?
Everyone says this until Nnamdi is returning a TD on them.

Nightz said:
We might not have anyone in the league by the time patch 3 arrives. :lol
We should start by the roster update.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
We could always start the league with injuries off, then turn them back on when the tuning patch comes out. Just checked my sim O.F. and you can turn injuries on/off at will.

This is probably the best idea. Let's start after patch 2 hits next Monday night the 13th? We'll only be halfway through the season at most by the time the patch hits, and then we can turn injuries back on.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
This is probably the best idea. Let's start after patch 2 hits next Monday night the 13th? We'll only be halfway through the season at most by the time the patch hits, and then we can turn injuries back on.
The patch is already in. The good patch isn't coming 'till probably next month. Roster update should be coming soon. We should start after the rosters.

BigAT

Just messed around the new patch for a couple of minutes.

I think I'm being generous when I say that they really half-assed putting the Madden 10 controls back in, as that's not really an accurate description of what they've done. They simply made certain buttons act as shortcuts for the same strategy pad functionality. There's no UI indication for Y to bring up hot routes/coverage switches, etc. At times you can literally see the game first bring up the strategy pad menu, then quickly go into the proper area as though you had just hit Up-Up yourself.

As a result, certain functionality has still not been transferred in from Madden '10. For example, on defense you can never use the left joystick for adjustments. Press coverage cannot be done by hitting Y, then down on the stick, you still have to use the d-pad for the direction. Same for D-line/linebacker shifts.

In addition, they didn't even bother mapping some functions. LT does not bring up protection shifts while on offense and I couldn't find any shortcut button at all to bring it up. Seems like they simply left it out.

So basically it's better than nothing, but it's also clearly a shitty band-aid.

Also, Madden Moments that are free and included? Put them in some sub-menu. New Madden Moments Live that costs money? NEW MAIN MENU ITEM.

Sanjuro

Yeah the injury bug sucks. In mlb we turned them off. I like managing some injuries, but too many sucks the fun out of it.

DenogginizerOS

Wow. This just might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Totally insulting to consumers and fans of the franchise. These guys are not up to the task at all.

Rorschach

The injuries don't seem to be that bad in Oline Franchise, Offline Franchise or Ultimate Team. I think they're way worse in regular online games.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
The injuries don't seem to be that bad in Oline Franchise, Offline Franchise or Ultimate Team. I think they're way worse in regular online games.
Im pretty sure one of our games I should have technically had to forfeit.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Im pretty sure one of our games I should have technically had to forfeit.
Not the ones we played, but those are online games. I'm talking about Online Franchise, Offline Franchise, and Ultimate Team.

Rorschach

Just tried out the dpad thing really quick. It's not that bad. All it does is let you use the Madden 10 controls. Strat pad is still there, but you can now press Y for hot routes for example. It's a shortcut for their shitty little dpad menu so you don't have to press 2 buttons to get to things.

DCX

DCX
Lets start this weekend. Lets start right along with the NFL season which should give us a morale boost and get this shit kicked off.

THe kicking is now just a liability for us all. I have missed FGs and Extra points, we just have to make sure i get a feel for the lag and adjust accordingly. Kinda like the Free throw lag in 2k.

DCX

Mrbob

My worry is missed FG and XP leading to rage quits because there is nothing to do about those this season. But I haven't even played this game in like 3 weeks so whatever we can start whenever.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
My worry is missed FG and XP leading to rage quits because there is nothing to do about those this season. But I haven't even played this game in like 3 weeks so whatever we can start whenever.
It will lead to very careful game-planing. That 2 or first down shot down the field with probably turn into a safe 3-5 yard run, especially Red Zone.

DCX

FINALLY! league will start on friday if we can get the rosters confirmed to include Online franchise!

i can live with the gameplay for a few more weeks. don't sell your games bro's! the light is at the end of the tunnel.... then we get into another tunnel!

FRIDAY! i'm going to glance over the interested people and see what we have in a moment

Top Bottom