• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
congrats on working with me again friend. your job is so fucking easy..... we used to do all that shit in one back in the AIG days!

p.s. you should have told me you were applying, i could've gotten a $2500 referral!

if anyone wants a job at Farmers let me know ;)

Get me a job working at Farmers in Houston.

eznark

Banned
this thread is full of fucking insurance agents? No wonder you are all so miserable.

As a small business consultant, you guys can just pay me and I will help you start the business of your dreams. For an equity stake I will even make that company profitable.

Somnia

CB3 said:
He should fake punt you for good measure
:lol

Everyone playing Smokey this year on a 4th and short around the 50 yard line is gonna fake punt.

God I haven't played madden in like 2 weeks due to work. I'm down for some scrimms after 12-1pm CST if anyone else is.

eznark

Banned
the fuck did they do to the d-pad thing? I can't change players by holding a anymore! THIS IS A WHOLE NEW GAME...gahhhhhhhh

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
:D Yup. I had a lot of fun last night. A LOT.

What position are you playing? I've noticed our teams' defensemen are creeping up far too much on most attacks and leaving us open to breakaways. I don't think it's quite intentional, I think it just the default camera view, your eye follows the puck and naturally you want to chase it down. It's hard to stay offscreen (so to speak) and cover your man/zone without knowing exactly where the puck is.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LiveWire said:
What position are you playing? I've noticed our teams' defensemen are creeping up far too much on most attacks and leaving us open to breakaways. I don't think it's quite intentional, I think it just the default camera view, your eye follows the puck and naturally you want to chase it down. It's hard to stay offscreen (so to speak) and cover your man/zone without knowing exactly where the puck is.
RD. Yeah, the creeping kind of occurs without thinking. I was finding myself drifting up more than I wanted. Plus, fast skaters on a break with momentum can burn us bigger/slower defensemen. I am definitely going to need to adjust how I play with the new checking and physics.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
Yo fuck Madden. NHL is the new shit.

If I knew anything about hockey, I would pick it up.

I plan on getting Reach next week and getting good at it. Burnt out on Bad Company now and even franchise mode in Madden is pising me off because the pass coverage is garbage.

PBY

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
If I knew anything about hockey, I would pick it up.

I plan on getting Reach next week and getting good at it. Burnt out on Bad Company now and even franchise mode in Madden is pising me off because the pass coverage is garbage.
you don't need to know anything about hockey- that was me three years ago when I bought 08... that game got me into hockey

eznark

Banned
I might grab it today. I love the NHL games but never get as much play out of them as I want. Plus, with Generic Shooter: Prologuing the Shark coming out I don't know how much time I'll have.

Nightz

I got into hockey because of NHL 94. On a side note, there's still a community that plays and runs leagues on '94. :lol

Smokey

Somnia said:
:lol

Everyone playing Smokey this year on a 4th and short around the 50 yard line is gonna fake punt.

God I haven't played madden in like 2 weeks due to work. I'm down for some scrimms after 12-1pm CST if anyone else is.

War will follow if this happens. And I'll play you when you get home. I'm not doing anything but F5ing the Reach OT.

Sanjuro

So looks like I'm going in as the Bengals for good now. Going to get most of my moves settled for the opener.

Astrolad, sending you a PM.

Palmer is on the block as well possibly.

Smokey

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
So looks like I'm going in as the Bengals for good now. Going to get most of my moves settled for the opener.

Astrolad, sending you a PM.

Palmer is on the block as well possibly.

your phone should be ringing shortly

Sanjuro

Smokey said:
your phone should be ringing shortly
Cool. I'm not 100% sure on him, but I'm interested in reorganizing my QB's especially backups.

Whoever gets the Browns as well, I'm interested in Colt McCoy.

Smokey

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Speaking of Ram, is Rapethisberger going to be suspended for the first four games of the season? It only seems fair.

no

b/c cushing would have to be out 4 games too. :/

Rorschach

That's what you get for taking e-HGH, digital Cushing! Same goes for you and e-raping the cows from Lon Lon Ranch, Rooflesberger!

Ramirez

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
How are these dumb trades?

Before you know it, Michael Turner is a Charger, it's all fun and games til something really dumb happens!

Make me sit gentle Ben, I'll just get my Dennis Vickxon on.

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Before you know it, Michael Turner is a Texan, it's all fun and games til something really dumb happens!
Fixed.

I don't need Michael Turner. I actually have a back who can run without tripping on his own feet. :D

Nightz

Donny_Moore The Official Week 1 Madden 11 Roster Update is currently being tested. Looking like a Friday AM release if approvals go well. #madden11

eznark

Banned
Nightz said:
Donny_Moore The Official Week 1 Madden 11 Roster Update is currently being tested. Looking like a Friday AM release if approvals go well. #madden11

So a Friday start date for the league?

LukeSmith

Nightz said:

So then that update gets propagated to OF in a week?

Smokey

Ramirez said:
Before you know it, Michael Turner is a Charger, it's all fun and games til something really dumb happens!

I think you're getting the word genius and dumb mixed up in this situation!

Sanjuro

Well yeah, I don't want to go too nuts with trades and ruin the team. My point is I'm playing as the Bengals...a team which I have no emotional value to and have the ugliest jerseys in the NFL. At the QB position I have three QB's all very similar in style with no variation.

eznark said:
this thread is full of fucking insurance agents? No wonder you are all so miserable.

As a small business consultant, you guys can just pay me and I will help you start the business of your dreams. For an equity stake I will even make that company profitable.

claims adjuster! i don't sell insurance!

p.s. league will go up friday!

1. FMT - 49ers
2. Birdman - Saints
3. Smokey - Texans
4. DCX - Falcons
5. Storybook - Titans
6. Livewire - Redskins
7. Sableholic - Redskins
8. Wellington - Giants
9. BigAT - Packers
10. Mcneily - Bills/Browns/Jags
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
13. Luke - Colts
14. Daw - Chiefs
15. Denogg - Jets
16. Rors - Raiders
17. Ramirez - Steelers
18. Chargers - Nightz
19. GCQ - Panthers
20. Somnia - Cowboys
21. Goldlion - Lions
22. DMczaf - Bucs
23. Coldblooded - Eagles
24. Bluemax - Seahawks
25. Lonestar - Patriots
26. astrolad - Cardinals
27. Miguel - Vikings
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Matrix - Ravens
30. Peterboy - Bills/Browns/Jags
31. Eznark - Dolphins
32. Kaveman - Bills/Browns/Jags

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ned_ryerson.jpg

Rorschach

What if we had a free agency system in the league? It would be loosely based on NFL's current contracts mixed with how Madden values players and what the market is right now (in madden) for each position. For example, a 90 rated QB would be worth a hell of a lot more than a 90 rated TE which would be worth more than a 90 Fullback, etc.

I assigned values to each position here's a sample of what the numbers look like for some teams:

Bears - 71
Bengals - 97
Bills - 52
Broncos - 80
Browns - 65
Cardinals - 85
Chargers - 95
Chiefs - 57
Colts - 117
Cowboys - 100
Saints - 121
Raiders-70

These aren't the final values since we don't have the roster update yet, but it gives you a rough idea of the low and the high of scale. I was going to make the cap 120, but the Saints would exceed that in year one. Maybe they'd be grandfathered in for the first year. :p

When it came time for free agency, we wouldn't have a free agency draft. Everyone would just drop players if they needed to after the Super Bowl is played (deadline would be the next advancing deadline so Tues/Sat). After everyone is dropped, each team looks at the FA and checks out who they want. Then, instead of waiting for everyone to pick and whatnot, they would send the maximum they'd be willing to pay for that player (or players) to the commish and the commissioner would award the player to the team with the highest bid for that player. The teams with the most cap space would have more to bid with. That player's value would be whatever the winning team bid for the rest of the season.

For example, let's say the Cowboys and the Browns both want Sharper who was dropped by the Saints to make some cap room. The value for a 97 rated safety is 8 points. The Browns say they're willing to go as high as 15 points. The Cowboys, who now have less room because a lot of their players have progressed (hello, Dez Bryant!), bid 10 points. The Browns would be awarded Sharper.

I was thinking of giving the winning team the player for 1 point over the next highest team's bid, but maybe we should have a little bit of risk in overbidding.

In terms of trading, there would be a penalty for receiving high rated players. This way, we wouldn't have 90+ players being tossed around and if they were, they wouldn't be going to high tier teams. I haven't completely thought this part out, but I'm thinking 15 points for 95+, 10 for 90+, 8 for 85+, 5 for 80+, and 1 for 75+. These players would have a higher cap hit for that season. A team like the Cowboys, Colts, or Saints, probably wouldn't be able to incur those penalties or they'd have to give up talent elsewhere. A team like the Rams could probably take it on without a problem. :p This would also prevent a 95 QB from being tossed around like he's nothing.

I was thinking of making it position based, but that would probably require too much work for each individual. And I know how lazy you kids are.

All the calculations and actual work would be done by one or two people. All each team would have to do is cut people when they are over the cap and that's it. You wouldn't even have to calculate for your teams since the number would be given to you.

[edit] By the way, WOW @ the Bills this year. They are so fucked... :lol

Rorschach said:
What if we had a free agency system in the league? It would be loosely based on NFL's current contracts mixed with how Madden values players and what the market is right now (in madden) for each position. For example, a 90 rated QB would be worth a hell of a lot more than a 90 rated TE which would be worth more than a 90 Fullback, etc.

I assigned values to each position here's a sample of what the numbers look like for some teams:

Bears - 71
Bengals - 97
Bills - 52
Broncos - 80
Browns - 65
Cardinals - 85
Chargers - 95
Chiefs - 57
Colts - 117
Cowboys - 100
Saints - 121
Raiders-70

These aren't the final values since we don't have the roster update yet, but it gives you a rough idea of the low and the high of scale. I was going to make the cap 120, but the Saints would exceed that in year one. Maybe they'd be grandfathered in for the first year. :p

When it came time for free agency, we wouldn't have a free agency draft. Everyone would just drop players if they needed to after the Super Bowl is played (deadline would be the next advancing deadline so Tues/Sat). After everyone is dropped, each team looks at the FA and checks out who they want. Then, instead of waiting for everyone to pick and whatnot, they would send the maximum they'd be willing to pay for that player (or players) to the commish and the commissioner would award the player to the team with the highest bid for that player. The teams with the most cap space would have more to bid with. That player's value would be whatever the winning team bid for the rest of the season.

For example, let's say the Cowboys and the Browns both want Sharper who was dropped by the Saints to make some cap room. The value for a 97 rated safety is 8 points. The Browns say they're willing to go as high as 15 points. The Cowboys, who now have less room because a lot of their players have progressed (hello, Dez Bryant!), bid 10 points. The Browns would be awarded Sharper.

I was thinking of giving the winning team the player for 1 point over the next highest team's bid, but maybe we should have a little bit of risk in overbidding.

In terms of trading, there would be a penalty for receiving high rated players. This way, we wouldn't have 90+ players being tossed around and if they were, they wouldn't be going to high tier teams. I haven't completely thought this part out, but I'm thinking 15 points for 95+, 10 for 90+, 8 for 85+, 5 for 80+, and 1 for 75+. These players would have a higher cap hit for that season. A team like the Cowboys, Colts, or Saints, probably wouldn't be able to incur those penalties or they'd have to give up talent elsewhere. A team like the Rams could probably take it on without a problem. :p This would also prevent a 95 QB from being tossed around like he's nothing.

I was thinking of making it position based, but that would probably require too much work for each individual. And I know how lazy you kids are.

All the calculations and actual work would be done by one or two people. All each team would have to do is cut people when they are over the cap and that's it. You wouldn't even have to calculate for your teams since the number would be given to you.

[edit] By the way, WOW @ the Bills this year. They are so fucked... :lol

that looks pretty good! we'll have to visit in nearer to season 2.

as for the bills, has anyone used CJ spiller? i would imagine he's awesome in the game right!? seems like his stats make him out to be the equal of the created rb kings from last years game

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that looks pretty good! we'll have to visit in nearer to season 2.
You can't. You'd have to implement it now before 99 QBs go flying around and because there are free agents on the board at the start of the league. Also, it sucks that there's that QB named "You" in the FAs. :| Friggin' fantasy players.

As for CJ, he has no offensive line. He's fucking doomed. :lol

Top Bottom