• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Jesus, I wish that I was the Patriots in this. Last in the AFC East? Really?! LAST!?!

BTW, someone quote my long playoff implications post from the last page. I spent too much time at work doing that to have it go to waste on 50ppp

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
create a dummy OF now and build and use that team as practice, just need to start it up prior to the next (if there is one) OF roster update.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Albatross said:
Jesus, I wish that I was the Patriots in this. Last in the AFC East? Really?! LAST!?!

BTW, someone quote my long playoff implications post from the last page. I spent too much time at work doing that to have it go to waste on 50ppp

you can quote your own posts!

daw check your PM what time can you play?

Me and you play next week. be around!

bluemax

Banned
levious said:
I'll post draft info if you guys want, I mean, what else am I gonna do with playoffs looming... unless public draft scouting is frowned upon?

Here's the WR class, and the info is from an online franchise:

and that top WR is pretty beast

Code:
Barksdale, Antwan # 85 - WR
Height: 5-10, Weight: 178
College: Tenn-Chat, Years Pro:0
83 OVR

Attributes 

98	Speed	                96	Agility
87	Jumping	                82	Catching
84	Spectacular Catch	82	Catch in Traffic
87	Route Running	        65	Release

Code:
Marshall, De'Joshua # 85 - WR
Height: 6-2, Weight: 231
College: UCF, Years Pro:0
83 OVR

Attributes 

92	Speed	                91	Agility
96	Jumping	                82	Catching
81	Spectacular Catch	87	Catch in Traffic
79	Route Running	        97	Release

Edit: Derp was looking at the wrong spreed sheet!

I want the QB out of Georgia Tech! A Potential and 84 OVR. Only 6 good defensive ends, 4 B Pot and 2 A Pot.

McNei1y

bluemax said:
Well if what DCX says about the first draft class is true then I want the QB out of Maryland that is in that draft class. 84 OVR with A potential, yes please! (Unless I'm looking at the wrong draft class). That class is pretty thin on defensive ends, Only one with A potential and 6 with B potential.

lol. I like that they give Maryland a good player!

levious

there's no Maryland QB this draft

Code:
Full Name	        POS	OVR	Age	Height	Weight	College	       SPD
Riggs, Jeremy	        QB	84	22	6'1	225	Georgia Tech	70
Jones, Chandler	        QB	83	22	6'3	222	Virginia Tech	87
Boone, Jaxon	        QB	80	22	6'1	224	Northwestern	73
Hill, Matt	        QB	74	22	6'4	227	Weber State	45
Lattimore, Dakieston	QB	72	21	6'3	229	Wyoming	        86
Henderson, Dillon	QB	72	22	6'1	213	Maine	        74
Ferguson, Chelton	QB	72	22	5'11	223	Penn	        61
Horstman, Carey	        QB	70	22	6'2	211	Colorado	68
Brown, Tommy	        QB	67	22	5'11	228	East Carolina	51
Kirkland, Matthew	QB	65	22	6'4	235	Towson State	53
Gallik, Zak 	        QB	62	22	6'2	215	E. Kentucky	53
Pittman, Colby	        QB	58	22	5'11	217	Delaware St.	62
McCullough, Charles	QB	56	22	6'3	226	Army	        69

J. Riggs

Code:
94	THP	86	SAC
81	MAC	69	DAC
86	PAC	85	TOR
74	AWR	70	SPD

C. Jones

Code:
89	THP	88	SAC
81	MAC	78	DAC
69	PAC	90	TOR
69	AWR	87	SPD

J. Boone

Code:
94	THP	72	SAC
80	MAC	69	DAC
64	PAC     90	TOR
80	AWR	73	SPD

D. lattimore

Code:
94	THP	 78	SAC
68	MAC	 67	DAC
45	PAC	 82	TOR
65	AWR      86	SPD

M. Hill

Code:
95	THP     73	SAC
87	MAC     89	DAC
87	PAC     51	TOR
53	AWR	45	SPD

bluemax

Banned
levious said:

Code:
Full Name	        POS	OVR	Age	Height	Weight	College	       SPD
Riggs, Jeremy	        QB	84	22	6'1	225	Georgia Tech	70

J. Riggs

Code:
94	Throw Power	        86	Throw Accuracy Short
81	Throw Accuracy Mid	69	Throw Accuracy Deep
86	Play Action	    85	Throw on the run
74	Awareness	    70	Speed

Yeah I looked at the wrong one! I edited my post! I want the Georgia Tech QB!

LukeSmith

Division Power Rankings

Hoosiers
AFC West- "If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners. "

Rocky IV
AFC North - "I must break you."

Moneyball
AFC South - "I hate losing. I hate losing more than I like winning."

Field of Dreams
NFC East - "Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come."

Caddyshack
NFC South - "Hey everybody, we're all going to get laid!"

Any Given Sunday
NFC West - FMT is the huge penis in the locker room - the only unforgettable part of this movie. Don't act like you don't remember it.

White Men Can't Jump
AFC East - "The sun even shines on a dog's ass somedays." And one of these dogs is making the playoffs.

A League of their Own
NFC North - "Perhaps you chastised her too vehemently. Good rule of thumb: treat each of these girls as you would treat your mother."

BigAT

levious said:
Did they randomize the names or something? In the franchise I simmed through year one I have completely differently named QBs, but the same OVR/measureables/college/SPD for each guy.

D07lP.jpg

levious

Ha, maybe, I did two OFs to check that and they both came out the same, oh well, should have done a third.

Nightz

BigAT said:
Did they randomize the names or something? In the franchise I simmed through year one I have completely differently named QBs, but the same OVR/measureables/college/SPD for each guy.
Yeah names will be randomized this year.

bluemax

Banned
"For offline franchise the Names, Ages, and Player #s are randomized. The attributes are not, although there's like 30 possible draft classes."

- Me on the previous page

LukeSmith said:
Division Power Rankings

Hoosiers
AFC West- "If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners. "

Rocky IV
AFC North - "I must break you."

Moneyball
AFC South - "I hate losing. I hate losing more than I like winning."

Field of Dreams
NFC East - "Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come."

Caddyshack
NFC South - "Hey everybody, we're all going to get laid!"

Any Given Sunday
NFC West - FMT is the huge penis in the locker room - the only unforgettable part of this movie. Don't act like you don't remember it.

White Men Can't Jump
AFC East - "The sun even shines on a dog's ass somedays." And one of these dogs is making the playoffs.

A League of their Own
NFC North - "Perhaps you chastised her too vehemently. Good rule of thumb: treat each of these girls as you would treat your mother."

:jnc

Bob can be Rosie

bluemax

Banned
Also after more research the Online Franchise drafts always happen in the same order, so we are for sure getting draft #21 from that spread sheet I listed.

LiveWire

FOX SPORTS NFL UPDATE -- 5:32PM EST -- Following up on ESPN's initial report last night, Jay Glazer is now reporting one team has emerged as a front-runner in the bidding war for the rights to the 2012 #1 overall draft pick (which, if current record trends hold, would be possessed by the Washington Redskins). That team? The Indianapolis Colts.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
FOX SPORTS NFL UPDATE -- 5:32PM EST -- Following up on ESPN's initial report last night, Jay Glazer is now reporting one team has emerged as a front-runner in the bidding war for the rights to the 2012 #1 overall draft pick (which, if current record trends hold, would be possessed by the Washington Redskins). That team? The Indianapolis Colts.
every franchise...Luke now draft Mack 2.0 and it's game O.V.E.R. for the league.

DCX

The Albatross said:
R9g8I.png

NFC Wild Card Scenario, Final Spot. Week 15

There are really five teams vying for that final playoff spot in the NFC, two of them can still win their divisions:

1. Cardinals (7-6) GB: 0
  2. Saints (7-6) GB: 0
  3. Panthers (6-7) GB: 1.0
  4. Lions (6-7) GB: 1.0
  5. Bears (5-7): GB: 1.5

Team Missing: Vikings (7-6). The Vikings currently control their division, but they could lose their division to the Lions (6-7) or Bears (5-7).

Cardinals (7-6) Playoff Scenario
Week 15: vs. Browns (3-10)
Week 16: @ Bengals (9-4)
Week 17: vs. Seahawks (3-9)

The Cardinals hold the tie breaker over the Panthers (Cards 17, Panthers 14 in week 1), but have not had head-to-head matchups against the other teams in the hunt. This hurts the Cardinals playoff chances because they have the weakest overall record against the NFC, at 5-6, with the maximum Conference potential to only be 6-6.

For maximum playoff opportunity, the Cardinals definitely need to beat the Browns and the Seahawks, although the Seahawks beat the Cards early in the season. Presuming a loss to the 9-4 Bengals, the Cardinals most likely scenario has them going 9-7 based on record alone. The Seahawks and Browns can both play spoiler to the Cardinals playoff chances.

If the Cardinals win out (Finish 9-7), they can only miss the playoffs by the Saints winning out, as the Cardinals would hold a head-to-head tie breaker with the Panthers (If the Panthers were to win out).

Saints (7-6) Playoff Scenario
Week 15: @ Vikings (7-6)
Week 16: vs Falcons (5-8)
Week 17: vs Panthers (6-7)

The Saints are also in a difficult tie-breaker predicament, with both the Panthers and the Lions holding Tie Breakers against them, but their NFC record is 4-5, with a potential to go 7-5, which would give them an edge against the Cardinals in a tie breaker.

However, the Saints have the best chance to win out, of any of the other remaining wild card teams, as every other team in the hunt has to play at least one playoff lock, and the Saints do not (they play two playoff contenders and one playoff extremely long shot in the Falcons).

If the Saints win out, they will make the playoffs.

Panthers (6-7) Playoff Scenario
Week 15: @ Houston (10-3)
Week 16: vs Bucs (8-4)
Week 17: @ Saints (7-6)

The Panthers hold versus tie breakers with the Saints and the Lions, but the Cardinals and Bears both hold versus tie breakers over the Panthers. The panthers also have a 5-5 NFC record, with a chance to go 7-5.

However, with arguably the most difficult schedule of the remaining NFC wild card teams, the Panthers have an uphill battle. The Panthers essentially need to win out. Wins against the Saints and Bucs would propel them to the best NFC record for the final remaining teams, and they would hold the tie breaker over the Lions (which they could presumeably be tied with at 7-5 in the NFC) after their mid-season victory over the Lions 35-21.

With projected losses to Houston and the Bucs, though, even a last game win against the Saints would still be an outside shot at the playoffs, requiring the Saints and Cardinals to both lose out.

If the Panthers win out, they can still miss the playoffs by the Cardinals winning out (who hold a head-to-head tie breaker).

Lions Playoff (6-7) Scenario
Week 15: @ Raiders (13-0)
Week 16: vs Cargers (8-5)
Week 17: @ Packers (3-10)

The Lions are in a strange predicament because despite being 6-7 and only holding a tie breaker over the Saints, split with the Bears, and failing to hold out over the Panthers, they can still win their division, and also finish with a strong 7-5 NFC record. However, facing difficult opponents in the Raiders and Chargers, the Lions chances are slim. The Lions are in the peculiar situation where a loss by the Vikings to the Saints would both help and hurt them -- in one respect, if the Saints beat the Vikings, and if the Lions win a game, then they could be tied with the Vikings going into the final weeks, but if the Saints beat the Vikings, the Lions would have a nearly insurmountable climb to the Wild Card spot.

If the Lions win out, they would hold a tie breaker over the Saints, but would not hold a tie breaker over the Panthers. If those tie breaker scenarios play out, though, then the Lions could win their division.

Bears Playoff (5-7) Scenario
Week 14: @ Broncos (6-6)
Week 15: vs. Seahawks (3-9)
Week 16: @ Packers (3-10)
Week 17: @ Vikings (7-6)

Similar to the Lions, the Bears can win their division, and they also have the easiest or second easiest schedule in the last few games. A loss to the Broncos would not completely eliminate the Lions from the playoff picture, as they could still potentially win their division at 8-8, if the Vikings lose to the Saints (becoming 7-7), and then in the final week lose to the Bears (making them 8-8), the Bears, could make the playoffs as a division winner with an 8-8 record, and the Lions being eliminated with a 7-9 record.

eVbjp.png

Most Likely Wild Card Winner

The Saints have the most likely wild card scenario, they are the only team who, if they win out, will control their own destiny. Likewise, the Saints are the only team who is playing opponents that they should likely beat.

Tvf5q.png

Likely Scenarios Based on Matchups
Here are likely playoff scenarios based only on matchups and win/loss record. When in doubt or the record is the same, I relent and go with perceived team rating.

Saints (7-6) Playoff Scenario: 10 - 6
Week 15: @ Vikings (7-6) - Win (Identical records, Saints rated higher)
Week 16: vs Falcons (5-8) - Win
Week 17: vs Panthers (6-7) - Win

Cardinals (7-6) Playoff Scenario: 9-7
Week 15: vs. Browns (3-10) - Win
Week 16: @ Bengals (9-4) - Loss
Week 17: vs. Seahawks (3-9) - Win

Panthers (6-7) Playoff Scenario: 6-10
Week 15: @ Houston (10-3) - Loss
Week 16: vs Bucs (8-4) - Loss
Week 17: @ Saints (7-6) - Loss

Losses to Houston & Tampa Bay would force the Panthers into a spoiler role. If they lost those two games, they could mostly only work to eliminate the Saints by beating them in week 17.[/i]

Lions Playoff (6-7) Scenario: 7-9
Week 15: @ Raiders (13-0) - Loss
Week 16: vs Cargers (8-5) - Loss
Week 17: @ Packers (3-10) - Win

Bears Playoff (5-7) Scenario 7-9
Week 14: @ Broncos (6-6) - Loss (potential toss up)
Week 15: vs. Seahawks (3-9) - Win
Week 16: @ Packers (3-10) - Win
Week 17: @ Vikings (7-6) - Loss

Quoted for my boy tross!

Rorschach

Nice writeup, Tross. I'm rooting for the Bears and Panthers, but I wouldn't mind an Arizona berth!

Smokey said:
Wait...you paid 15 mill for Dunta?
I paid 5 mil for TO. :(

goldlion054 said:
Mikel Leshoure is coming for Darren's rushing title. Best watch out Rors!
If LeShoure gets it, then it's my fault since I have a chance to stomp him out.

Nightz said:
I wish I was in the NFC race lol.
Meh... they're all just vying for the chance to get destroyed by FMT.

Mrbob

Wow, lot of 3 win teams. Near impossible to out tank them at this point. :(

Rorschach said:
Meh... they're all just vying for the chance to get destroyed by FMT.

Real talk. Super Bowl is set. Niners vs Raiders. The rest of us are already dead.

Mrbob

Birdman02 said:
Why do you hate me? :(

I think this is why:

“Finally something good has happened to the city of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana. A team that’s first 20 seasons didn’t have a winning record. It led to boos and bags over the fans heads. The Ain’ts, they ain’t no more. Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city, the winds so strong, the water too deep. Like many of the city’s residents the team itself was homeless. Bouncing from Baton Rouge to San Antonio, the team barely held together, but didn’t move permanently and began to rebuild. Funny how a city that was ravaged by wind, is now saluting a Brees.

When Drew Brees arrived four seasons ago, it was beginning of the end of the suffering for both the city and the franchise. He said he felt it was his calling, his destiny to come to the Saints at their worst time. Now they are calling him Breesus; the city renamed Drew Orleans.

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:
Wow, lot of 3 win teams. Near impossible to out tank them at this point. :(

Real talk. Super Bowl is set. Niners vs Raiders. The rest of us are already dead.

Well you do have the advantage of playing me! I finish out with Rams, Bears, 49ers, Cardinals. Time to name Jerrod Johnson starting QB!

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
Why do you hate me? :(
<3, but I can't root for every team to make it!

Panthers because that would make consecutive playoff runs. That would be a small shift in the NFC balance of power.

Arizona because you need some new blood up in this and it's hard for any NFC West team to make it since they have to play FMT twice.

Bears because I kinda took his chances away and I liked his passing offense. It's a shame he didn't run a more balanced offense, but he was destroying my zone blitzes. He does hot reads better than anyone in the league except LES. It's just too bad he was adjusting his line the wrong way. :x

LukeSmith said:
Here's the AFC version of that.
You and I both know this is false. If the Colts end up a WC, then a WC might make it to the SB.

Rorschach

I'm getting lucky. My luck will soon run out. :( There's only one consistency in this league and that's FMT's staying power. The only S tier team in the league!

CB3

If i wanted to see two guys sucking each other off id check the DVD's in FMT's sock drawer. Quit it you two

Rorschach

Don't worry, CB. Master shake's got you!

mastershake said:
Pretty much!

Here is my completely useless tier list going off just what i read in the last thread...

S - CB3

A - BigAT, Ramirez

B - Rors, Welli, FMT, Luke

C - DCX

D - ???

How close did i get?

We're Bay Area B tiers, FMT!

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
If i wanted to see two guys sucking each other off id check the DVD's in FMT's sock drawer. Quit it you two

I do find it weird how negative the top players in this league seem to be about their abilities.

I guess they don't want scrubs like me to get butthurt or something?

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
I do find it weird how negative the top players in this league seem to be about their abilities.

A culture of Eeyoring!

CB3

bluemax said:

people are just afraid to be confident or cocky so no one can use it as bulletin board material.

Rorschach said:
I'm getting lucky. My luck will soon run out. :( There's only one consistency in this league and that's FMT's staying power. The only S tier team in the league!

I'm going to expose you for the whole AFC! This 6-7 truck keeps on roling his way to the playoffs.

Mikel leaves no prisoners

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:
I'm going to expose you for the whole AFC! This 6-7 truck keeps on roling his way to the playoffs.

Mikel leaves no prisoners
Mikel ain't doing shit. I'd be more worried about Megatron. Suh better not try to rough up McFadden or I take out Stafford!

LukeSmith said:
A culture of Eeyoring!
Someone has to pick up the Eeyore slack and you and FMT are doing a good job of it. Although, Wellie is doing it again, so you guys might want to step off the gas a bit.

Rorschach said:
Mikel ain't doing shit. I'd be more worried about Megatron. Suh better not try to rough up McFadden or I take out Stafford!

Suh isn't your problem. Nick Fairley has been a monster lately. Prepare Darren's body

Sanjuro

The Albatross said:

You ain't touching my shit. I'm Super Bowl bound.

Top Bottom