• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Capra demon is easy once you learn the cheese. you gotta take out the dogs right after his first lunge attack at you. then just drop attack from the stairs. Rinse/Repeat.

if you have Drake Sword its simple

DCX

DCX
Balb!! Are you willing to play a double header tonight? I'd like to get it out of the way so i can have the weekend free.

DCX

bluemax said:
Another epic BlueMax and Storybook game! Clipboard Jesus throws an INT with 6 seconds to go in the Rams Red Zone to seal the win for the Rams.

The first 28 points in the game came off turnovers. Including one of the most Madden "fumbles" I've ever seen. Fuck the bubble screen!

Madden gave you a fumble too. Bradford fumbles, OL comes over to recover, tries to dive on top of ball, but he's on the wrong side of the QBs body. So I had to helplessly watch as your guy comes over, picks up, and scores. My lineman was still on the ground, resting apparently.

daw840

bluemax said:
Remaining schedules:
Browns: Cardinals 7-6, Ravens 3-9-1, Stealers 9-4
Chiefs: Packers 3-10, Raiders 13-0, Broncos 6-6
Packers: Chiefs 3-10, Bears 5-7, Lions 6-7
Redskins: Giants 10-3, Vikings 7-6 Eagles 10-3
Seahawks: Bears 5-7, 49ers 13-0, Cards 7-6

Redskins have the toughest 3 remaining. After that the Seahawks, Browns and Chiefs are all about equal, and the Packers probably have the easiest remaining schedule.

My prediction:

Chiefs 3-13
Browns 4-12
Redskins 4-12
Seahawks 4-12
Packers 5-11
:(

bluemax said:
Remaining schedules:
Browns: Cardinals 7-6, Ravens 3-9-1, Stealers 9-4
Chiefs: Packers 3-10, Raiders 13-0, Broncos 6-6
Packers: Chiefs 3-10, Bears 5-7, Lions 6-7
Redskins: Giants 10-3, Vikings 7-6 Eagles 10-3
Seahawks: Bears 5-7, 49ers 13-0, Cards 7-6

Redskins have the toughest 3 remaining. After that the Seahawks, Browns and Chiefs are all about equal, and the Packers probably have the easiest remaining schedule.

My prediction:

Chiefs 3-13
Browns 4-12
Redskins 4-12
Seahawks 4-12
Packers 5-11

I'm not in the suck for fake luck sweepstakes anymore?

I think I'm 3-9-1 with 3 division games left.

Striker said:
If you don't want Jake Locker, friend, I'm here for the taking.

Haha nah, I'm slowly actually becoming a Jake Locker fan. I think I'm getting better with him every game...he should probably be an 85 next season. I think. I would like to use my first rounder on some secondary help but who knows what'll happen. Probably will just end up taking best available

I'll take Colt off your hands as my backup, can't get enough Longhorns on the team

Mrbob

Wellington said:
What's the status on these last two games? Bucs/Jags, Broncos/Bears. Let's advance this shit tonight.

Dunno where Crow is. I sent him a message on aim last night and didn't get a response. My playoff/draft positioning might be hanging on a sim. Feels bad man.

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
Madden gave you a fumble too. Bradford fumbles, OL comes over to recover, tries to dive on top of ball, but he's on the wrong side of the QBs body. So I had to helplessly watch as your guy comes over, picks up, and scores. My lineman was still on the ground, resting apparently.

True, I certainly benefited from some Madden BS as well.

Here's the aforementioned Bubble Screen fumble:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/100314733

Since the audio doesn't seem to work, when I watched the highlight after the game the whistle actually blows after the ball hits the ground for the first time, and yet Al Harris keeps going and picks it up.

ph33nix said:
I'm not in the suck for fake luck sweepstakes anymore?

I think I'm 3-9-1 with 3 division games left.

You are currently tied for the 6th pick. I listed the whole standings on the previous page. Its gonna be hard for you to jump higher because of the tie.

daw840 said:

Personally I hope my predictions are wrong!

bluemax said:
You are currently tied for the 6th pick. I listed the whole standings on the previous page. Its gonna be hard for you to jump higher because of the tie.

All I need to do is lose the rest of my games and I may be back in business!

bluemax said:
True, I certainly benefited from some Madden BS as well.

Here's the aforementioned Bubble Screen fumble:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/100314733

Since the audio doesn't seem to work, when I watched the highlight after the game the whistle actually blows after the ball hits the ground for the first time, and yet Al Harris keeps going and picks it up.

Yea, I was shocked. I had turned away from the screen and then heard the announcer say something about a recovery and was like oh shit, the game must've considered that a lateral.

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
Yea, I was shocked. I had turned away from the screen and then heard the announcer say something about a recovery and was like oh shit, the game must've considered that a lateral.

Yeah, I ran the same play in my previous game but completed it and afterwards it considered it a run play not a pass.

I was more annoyed by the whistle, everyone stopping then Al Harris scooping it. It sucked cause I had a good rhythm going on that drive, oh well. Was still a fun game.

ph33nix said:
All I need to do is lose the rest of my games and I may be back in business!

Sure but if Livewire, myself and Striker all lose out we still stay on top of you. You can certainly get a top 5 pick still, you're just at a slight disadvantage because you had to go and get a tie!

LiveWire

I'll be back in town on Sunday night to play next week's game, BigAT. If that is too late for you, then Mon night I'm also free.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
bluemax said:
I figure everyone else has to hate them so maybe they give me some minor psychological advantage.

But yes I wear them every game.

gives your opponent a visual advantage, it's like having neon traffic cones in the secondary.

Birdman02

McNei1y said:
I'm on a crappy computer so I don't know but I play the Saints right?

Bird when can you/do you want to play!!!!?

I definitely won't be able to play tonight. I won't be in the mood for Madden regardless of what happens in tonight's game.

Weekends are kind of hit and miss for me....tomorrow morning before noon CT would be good. After that, I'm not really sure.

McNei1y

Birdman02 said:
I definitely won't be able to play tonight. I won't be in the mood for Madden regardless of what happens in tonight's game.

Weekends are kind of hit and miss for me....tomorrow morning before noon CT would be good. After that, I'm not really sure.

I could probably play a game before 1pm EST tomorrow if that sounds cool?

LukeSmith

The Madden 2011 "Rors is Elite" Stat of the Day
In 13 games against Rors Elite of the Most High, opposing teams have only MADE it to the Redzone 10 times.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
In 13 games against Rors Elite of the Most High, opposing teams have only MADE it to the Redzone 10 times.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX
inside_the_numbers_money_talks.jpg

Your Redzone TD% is 45%, bottom 3 in the league (Bluemax 42%, Livewire 32%). Given our game, you run a lot of screens and hitches, both effective at moving the chains, but woefully impotent in the redzone.

So it's not that you lose games late in the fourth, but rather, you only get 42% of the points that you should on a given drive (3 points, instead of 7). In your case it's not about closing games, it's about failing to open them.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
In B4 "I allow a lot of long TDs" /eeyore

I really hope I get to play Rors in the playoffs. That would require that I A) Make the playoffs and B) Make the second round (I will of course be the worst seed)

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
In B4 "I allow a lot of long TDs" /eeyore

I really hope I get to play Rors in the playoffs. That would require that I A) Make the playoffs and B) Make the second round (I will of course be the worst seed)

If you're the six: Wellie/Ramirez Part 3, winner plays Rors
If you're the five: AFC East Round 1, winner plays Smokey

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
If you're the six: Wellie/Ramirez Part 3, winner plays Rors
If you're the five: AFC East Round 1, winner plays Smokey
Not so my man, when Ram wins you will play Rors (after you beat AFC East guy by 50).

I was starting to panic, maybe my D is not as good as I once thought, but turns out I have played 5 of the top 10 offenses in the league. Don't feel so bad now.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:

Your Redzone TD% is 45%, bottom 3 in the league (Bluemax 42%, Livewire 32%). Given our game, you run a lot of screens and hitches, both effective at moving the chains, but woefully impotent in the redzone.

So it's not that you lose games late in the fourth, but rather, you only get 42% of the points that you should on a given drive (3 points, instead of 7). In your case it's not about closing games, it's about failing to open them.
Makes sense. My offense should put away teams rather than involved in close games in the fourth. Things I have to get better at.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
I was starting to panic, maybe my D is not as good as I once thought, but turns out I have played 5 of the top 10 offenses in the league. Don't feel so bad now.

like I said after our last game, your D makes me think more than most. Feels like a constant back and forth with adjustments. I'm certainly not a strong offense, but that's how I see it.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:

What pains me the most is my lack of rushing TDs. I don't know if my run calls in the RZ are just uncreative or if people sell out against the run on me knowing that I am a terrible passer. Probably the latter.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
You need a good redzone target, maybe a stud TE.

And this is why I balked so much - in my head - at the Gonzalez deal. Gonzo probably, given the closeness of DCX's finishes added 3 wins to the team simply based on redzone targets!

S
M
H

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
And this is why I balked so much - in my head - at the Gonzalez deal. Gonzo probably, given the closeness of DCX's finishes added 3 wins to the team simply based on redzone targets!

S
M
H
Doesn't help that my replacement got hurt for 8 weeks the week he was named starter..I'm running with TEs named Fendi and fucking Oscar lol

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:
Doesn't help that my replacement got hurt for 8 weeks the week he was named starter..I'm running with TEs named Fendi and fucking Oscar lol

DCX

815edf0e1b5e104eb23e951943059419.jpg

This tight end can be yours for the right price.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

This season you traded:
  • A quality LB (for a 2nd rounder from a team that will finish with a bottom 6 / round pick)
  • An all world, but expensive 43 defensive end for a second rounder (again, from a team that will finish with a bottom 6-8 /round)
  • An elite Tight End and pure redzone threat, the fulcrum of an offense that has two big fucking outside threats for what?
  • Cut a shutdown Cornerback for cap space

Cap hit or not, you mortgaged this season to prepare for a future, but a future that in no way shape or form you can replace with a pair of second round picks. You basically signed yourself up for 2 years of heartbreak when you could've just signed yourself up for 1 (next season), because with Peterson, Abraham, Dunta you shaved talent from each of the three levels on defense, and on offense took away the middle of the field.

No world exists where you can look at the gaps and go "My team is better now than when I got them."

I'd like to take over Front Office management for the Atlanta Falcons. DCX can stay on as coach, but ownership has asked me to come forward and try and make some amends.

LiveWire said:
This tight end can be yours for the right price.

Via Free Agency, I somehow doubt you want to eat that contract

LukeSmith

We're still mid-season, but I'm always looking to make a couple of key moves in the offseason. If folks see someone on my roster they are interested in, lemme know.

I'm willing to throw in my contract restructure for next year if you want a deal tweaked to frontload salary money to you for a given player.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
This season you traded:
  • A quality LB (for a 2nd rounder from a team that will finish with a bottom 6 / round pick)
  • An all world, but expensive 43 defensive end for a second rounder (again, from a team that will finish with a bottom 6-8 /round)
  • An elite Tight End and pure redzone threat, the fulcrum of an offense that has two big fucking outside threats for what?
  • Cut a shutdown Cornerback for cap space

Cap hit or not, you mortgaged this season to prepare for a future, but a future that in no way shape or form you can replace with a pair of second round picks. You basically signed yourself up for 2 years of heartbreak when you could've just signed yourself up for 1 (next season), because with Peterson, Abraham, Dunta you shaved talent from each of the three levels on defense, and on offense took away the middle of the field.

No world exists where you can look at the gaps and go "My team is better now than when I got them."

I'd like to take over Front Office management for the Atlanta Falcons. DCX can stay on as coach, but ownership has asked me to come forward and try and make some amends.

Via Free Agency, I somehow doubt you want to eat that contract

In DCX's defense the way the draft looks he could grab guys in the mid/upper 70s with B or A POT with all those 2nd round picks.

On the other hand his team was built to win THIS SEASON and the NFC playoff field is pretty weak outside of FMT. So he disassembled a team that could've earned a first round bye for a some sort of plan that could pan out in 3 seasons if we are still playing this game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
One the other hand his team was built to win THIS SEASON and the NFC playoff field is pretty weak outside of FMT. So he disassembled a team that could've earned a first round bye for a some sort of plan that could pan out in 3 seasons if we are still playing this game.

LOL. First round bye. Sorry, no.

Top Bottom