• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
I'm pretty sure I am win and in due to wins over smokey, luke, and crow. Unfortunately for me I am 0-4 against Levious, and my previous loss to him was without probably half of his defense. No Ray Lewis, no Ed Reed, no Haloti Ngata, no Terrell Suggs. I'm pretty sure he actually rested Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, and Joe Flacco as well. I would say lock it up, he has a 100% win rate against me.

Oh well, I'll get a good pick.

now you're just trying to rile me up, you weren't fully healthy either... you would have likely won if you hadn't screwed up in the red zone at the end of the first half.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK. I worked it out as best I could. I primarily work outside in construction so I did it on my notebook and just scanned it when I got to my office. Excuse the bottom of the page, my scanner is dumb. Also, good thing I did it in pencil. :|

This is *IF* all NFL tie breakers apply.

IqWO8.jpg

What's amazing is if Nightz and Luke had the same record, Nightz would get in by strength of victory tie breaker.

If I win and Ram loses, I would win the division by the fourth tie breaker (conference record, we split head to head, same division record, and same common games record) and I get the #2 seed because I beat both Luke and Smokey head to head should they win. I can be the #2 seed or be totally out of the playoffs on this week alone.

AFC. :(

Smokey

Sooo...I will have the best divisional record and could still miss playoffs I.e. raiders from a couple of years ago.

Sweet

Also what will £lite rors do? Will he lay down or will he play. Either way he impacts this final game too. If he lays down and nightz wins shit gets reallll interesting.

WIN AND IN is the motto on our board this week. In leinart we trust.

Nightz

Nice write-up Wellie. Watch it go by alphabetical order lol.

Smokey said:
Also what will £lite rors do? Will he lay down or will he play. Either way he impacts this final game too. If he lays down and nightz wins shit gets reallll interesting.

WIN AND IN is the motto on our board this week. In leinart we trust.
Even if Rors played with his third stringers he would beat me. :( But I definitely don't want him to lay down. If I do get in, I want to earn it.

Smokey

SmokeyTV announced this morning that they have partnered with NeoGAF to broadcast the Madden Football Game of the Week (Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans) on their network. The pivotal game is expected to break SmokeyTV viewership records.

Well well

I am excited to be on primetime

Can't wait for this dance

With that said, I'm not available at night from about 6 until 11:15 CT or so tonight, Friday, and Saturday.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
OK. I worked it out as best I could. I primarily work outside in construction so I did it on my notebook and just scanned it when I got to my office. Excuse the bottom of the page, my scanner is dumb. Also, good thing I did it in pencil. :|

This is *IF* all NFL tie breakers apply.

http://i.imgur.com/IqWO8.jpg[/IM]

What's amazing is if Nightz and Luke had the same record, Nightz would get in by strength of victory tie breaker.

If I win and Ram loses, I would win the division by the fourth tie breaker (conference record, we split head to head, same division record, and same common games record) and I get the #2 seed because I beat both Luke and Smokey head to head should they win. I can be the #2 seed or be totally out of the playoffs on this week alone.

AFC. :([/QUOTE]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KuClg.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Btw Ram has already clinched a playoff spot, however he can fall from #2 to #6 with a loss and a win by me, Luke, and Smokey. He would face off against Smokey in round 1 under that scenario - a terrible match up for him.

Smokey

The Albatross said:
Question: How are you livestreaming?

To answer your question though, I have a Hauppauge HD PVR that takes a component input. This box sits in my entertainement center with my PS3/360 hooked up to it. From there I have a long USB cord that runs out of the entertainment center over to my little office area and into the PC. When PVR is turned on I run a program on my PC that captures the input and displays it. Make it full screen and run a final program that directly broadcasts the image to TwitchTV.

I broadcast in 720p with a 50/10 internet connection. Takes a beefy PC to stream in HD and a fast internet connection to do so with no or minimal lag. The main parts of my PC that allow me to do this successfully is my CPU : I7 2600K and my 16GB of RAM. My CPU puts in work running at 4.5ghz when I'm streaming and all 4 cores and 4 threads are highly utilized.

Before this setup I used to do it with a webcam hooked to my Core 2 Duo laptop with 4GB of RAM. It barely worked and the picture was straight terrible.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Btw Ram has already clinched a playoff spot, however he can fall from #2 to #6 with a loss and a win by me, Luke, and Smokey. He would face off against Smokey in round 1 under that scenario - a terrible match up for him.

Crow lost his first game to Daw, so whatever the fourth tiebreaker is (that EA doesn't even use) is the one that would settle he and I.

And if you didn't include that in the conference record it means that Crow is behind me a game there, too.

Not that EA uses this stuff

Mrbob said:
Does EA even use real tiebreakers? I thought Madden tiebreaker was alphabetical of the team name.

Arizona Cardinals, Fuck yeah.

I'd be pissed if Madden doesn't use tiebreakers... Because... Like... I spent a solid hour figuring out the tie-breaker scenarios for the NFC over the last two weeks.

levious

I recall last year in 11, FMT beat me head to head but I got the nod in seeding, EA's tiebreakers are always fucked.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Crow lost his first game to Daw, so whatever the fourth tiebreaker is (that EA doesn't even use) is the one that would settle he and I.

And if you didn't include that in the conference record it means that Crow is behind me a game there, too.

Not that EA uses this stuff
Fuck you're right, screwed it up. Conference record is correct, I took it from the EA site. I just fucked up the chiefs thing.

So you'd be tied in common games and it will go to SOV.

You're at 130 points over in your wins, he is at 140 points. He'd get in.

Smokey

Wellington said:
Fuck you're right, screwed it up. Conference record is correct, I took it from the EA site. I just fucked up the chiefs thing.

So you'd be tied in common games and it will go to SOV.

You're at 130 points over in your wins, he is at 140 points. He'd get in.

Making head hurt.

WIN AND GET IN

LiveWire

DCX said:
Live, what are the odds for the last week of games?

DCX

avhco0.png

WEEK 17

Bucs [-6] @ Falcons
Cowboys [+10] @ Giants
Panthers [-4] @ Saints
49ers [-8] @ Rams
Colts [-10] @ Jags
Titans [+8] @ Texans
Lions [-7] @ Packers
Redskins [+13] @ Eagles
Bills [-3] @ Patriots
Bears [+7] @ Vikings
Jets [+3] @ Dolphins
Ravens [+4] @ Bengals
Steelers [-6] @ Browns
Chiefs [+4] @ Broncos
Seahawks [+4] @ Cardinals
Chargers [+10] @ Raiders

LukeSmith

33493967:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

With:
logo_30.png

Why has Pheenix surged late? Let's take a look:

1. Drastically improved QB play. Locker isn't elite, but Pheenix doesn't have him making mistakes.

Jake Locker 167/283 59% 2671yards 17 TDs 11 INTs
Locker, under Pheenix control has a lower INT % [3.88] than the following guys:

• FMT's Kaepernick [4.84]
  • Rors Campbell [4.68]
  • CB's Vick [5.09]
  • Smokey's Schaub [5.20]
  • AT's Eli [5.62]

In fact, without looking at everyone, it looks like Pheenix has the 2nd lowest interception percentage in the league Manning [3.69]

2. His defense gets better on third down?
OPP 3rd Down % - 33.7%

Only one team is better than the Titans D on 3rd down:
logo_23.png

Unsustainable Statistics continued
  • Albatross has 0 fumbles on the offensive side of the football this year.
  • DM's defense generated/gifted by Donny 39 INTs in 14 games
  • Daw has a league low 7 INTs on D this year

Other Random Stats:
Starving for Sacks:
  • Bears 13
  • Browns 16
  • Chiefs 17
  • Ravens 17
  • Bills 17

Feasting on Quarterbacks:
  • Giants 42
  • Raiders 38
  • Niners 38
  • Dolphins 35

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
33493967:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

With:
logo_30.png

Why has Pheenix surged late? Let's take a look:

1. Drastically improved QB play. Locker isn't elite, but Pheenix doesn't have him making mistakes.

Jake Locker 167/283 59% 2671yards 17 TDs 11 INTs
Locker, under Pheenix control has a lower INT % [3.88] than the following guys:

• FMT's Kaepernick [4.84]
  • Rors Campbell [4.68]
  • CB's Vick [5.09]
  • Smokey's Schaub [5.20]
  • AT's Eli [5.62]

In fact, without looking at everyone, it looks like Pheenix has the 2nd lowest interception percentage in the league Manning [3.69]

2. His defense gets better on third down?
OPP 3rd Down % - 33.7%

Only one team is better than the Titans D on 3rd down:
logo_23.png

Unsustainable Statistics continued
  • Albatross has 0 fumbles on the offensive side of the football this year.
  • DM's defense generated/gifted by Donny 39 INTs in 14 games
  • Daw has a league low 7 INTs on D this year

Other Random Stats:
Starving for Sacks:
  • Bears 13
  • Browns 16
  • Chiefs 17
  • Ravens 17
  • Bills 17

Feasting on Quarterbacks:
  • Giants 42
  • Raiders 38
  • Niners 38
  • Dolphins 35
Very good work man.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
So basically I need to remove my pheeniks sports bias and take him seriously for the first time in my GAF career.
Yea he has emerged. I'm sure we will do end of season awards and I will vote for him as most improved.

I will also vote for me as biggest disappointment .

DCX

Ramirez

What's the status on Browns/Ravens? Looks like the other 2 will be done by tonight.

Striker, would you be up for a double header if you all play tonight? :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Yea he has emerged. I'm sure we will do end of season awards and I will vote for him as most improved.

I will also vote for me as biggest disappointment .

DCX
Can't be a disappointment without any expectations.

Biggest disappointment, barring a miracle run, is Crow. Needs fantasy players.

Striker

Ramirez said:
What's the status on Browns/Ravens? Looks like the other 2 will be done by tonight.

Striker, would you be up for a double header if you all play tonight? :p
Levious and I will play this evening. Probably around 6:30, but may be sooner.

I'm not sure if I could or not - we will have to see.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

Touche. I guess beating Pheeknicks is actually an upset win for me unlike others.

DCX

Ramirez

Striker said:
Levious and I will play this evening. Probably around 6:30, but may be sooner.

I'm not sure if I could or not - we will have to see.

Alright, it probably won't advance until later tonight since DM lives in the past.

TheCrow

Wellington said:

:( There's only so much I can do with the original Broncos roster. Hopefully I can turn it around next season. My young players should improve and I might be able to pick up some decent free agents.

I'd have to say that the Packers or Cowboys are the biggest disappointment. Expected both of them to at least be in the wildcard race.

Daw, I have a huge favor to ask of you. Hold Mcfadden to as few rushing yards as you can. I need my season to mean something this year. Mikel Leshoure and I would be very grateful

Ramirez said:
Biggest disappointment has to be Bob, he's in a terrible division and in years past always made the playoffs.

Pshhh. You're just lucky I didn't get a chance to expose the Steelers defense

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Don't worry, everyone else did.

And yet somehow, I'll win the division, again. Meanwhile, you'll be lucky to get into the playoffs against a guy who scored 12 points on me in two games.

Goldlion, I think we've only played once, but it wasn't even a contest, so um, yea. Your division IS terrible, no beating around the bush there, and Bob should have won it easily, maybe he's lost his touch in old age.

daw840

goldlion054 said:
Daw, I have a huge favor to ask of you. Hold Mcfadden to as few rushing yards as you can. I need my season to mean something this year. Mikel Leshoure and I would be very grateful

Pshhh. You're just lucky I didn't get a chance to expose the Steelers defense

HAHA! You....you are asking me to hold RORS to anything?!? That's rich right there. I'll be lucky to score 3 points!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
And yet somehow, I'll win the division, again.

Goldlion, I think we've only played once, but it wasn't even a contest, so um, yea. Your division IS terrible, no beating around the bush there, and Bob should have won it easily, maybe he's lost his touch in old age.
You're right. Even tho I switched teams to a much weaker one overall and suffered injuries to the best guys on my team (who arent even that good!) congrats on winning the division by one game over me.

levious

striker, I screwed up, got my son's final game tonight, I won't be home til 8. I'll drop out so you can play cpu now. Sorry man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
striker, I screwed up, got my son's final game tonight, I won't be home til 8. I'll drop out so you can play cpu now. Sorry man.
Advancement time is tomorrow!

Also, please drop out so I can play the AI

Ramirez

Wellington said:
You're right. Even tho I switched teams to a much weaker one overall and suffered injuries to the best guys on my team (who arent even that good!) congrats on winning the division by one game over me.

Excuses.

I think in our entire Madden career, you beat me ONE time with the Giants, it's not like me being over you is a new thing.

Let's meet in the playoffs and settle this!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Excuses.

I think in our entire Madden career, you beat me ONE time with the Giants, it's not like me being over you is a new thing.
Which is what, a total of four games? You're 3-1 against me. Levious is 4-0, he's not making a big deal.

My original point still stands, no matter how OP your D is, you're such a horrible defender that not even Donny can save the team. You winning the division on the strength of your offense means nothing.

So assuming truth and justice prevails and the tie breakers don't lie, looks like I'll be playing the Bucs in the first round, assuming 6 @ 3.

Gotta update my NFC wild card picture.

Top Bottom