• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
5qrXm.gif

Smokey

eznark said:
You ran backwards on three straight plays from the goal line. As in, literally turned around and ran the other way. If you want to tank, don't waste my time by making us play. Just forfeit.

LOLwat

Need spectator mode!!

Mrbob said:
1) He missed a 20 yard fg in the game

2) He decided to do a FG fake run on another 20 yard kick to not get points.

He tried to tank me, and I decided not to let him!

DOUBLOL

tank wars smh

gg balb. I'm sorry about that lag at the end of the game cause all you needed was 15 yards or so and you were in range. I even had time to let your qb drop back and think to myself "I feel bad it's lagging so terribly" and I thought all that in the middle of the throw. so that kinda felt scammy. i couldn't stop mjd at all

Smokey

Pheeniks could've easily went into tank wars mode but instead has kept playing and has had a complete turnaround.

Props

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Pheeniks could've easily went into tank wars mode but instead has kept playing and has had a complete turnaround.

Props
Q and Phee are in the running for most improved for sure! Much props.

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
i will be ready by 9, 9:15 latest. The family will in bed by then.

DCX

9:15 might be too late to start with my pass-happy offense. It'd be tough to get it done before the show started. Let me know if you can go at 9, and I'll hop online. If not, we might have to wait 'til 11...or tomorrow night if that's better for you.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
9:15 might be too late to start with my pass-happy offense. It'd be tough to get it done before the show started. Let me know if you can go at 9, and I'll hop online. If not, we might have to wait 'til 11...or tomorrow night if that's better for you.
I can play now if u can.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:

I missed the field goal legitimately. As you said, the connection was a little spotty at times. I tried to play the wind and hit the goal post. If you think I can hit an upright on purpose, you have far more faith in my skills than I have earned. Also, it was 26 yards and I was fucking furious. At that point, I thought you were still trying to win and I was stoked to be going up 16-7 at half.

I did the fake field goal after you made it obvious you were tanking (it was a quarter after his bullshit three running plays from the goal line stopping and going backwards) and it no longer mattered what I did. You were down 10 after I did that with three time outs left. You marched down the field (without a problem mind you) running the clock down the entire time.

I'm awful at the game. I don't give a shit about optimizing my draft pick or tanking to pick first. It makes zero difference to me, because no matter who I draft I will make them bad. I play in the league so that I am guaranteed 30+ competitive, fun games each time EA shits out a Madden. It's super fucking annoying to waste an hour of my day playing a game in which the other person is losing on purpose to move up five spots in an imaginary draft or to be cute or because you were embarrassed I was up 10-0 early.

It's fucking horseshit.

mik

mik is unbeatable
GG. That long run by Moreno on 3rd and a foot was the killer.

For season two, can we revisit the user catch rule? If I have to stand idly by while my WR quits on a slant for 16 more games, I'll shave off all my pubes and send you all close-up candids of my razor-burned scrotum.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

SPUyw.jpg

This reminds me of the little league baseball episode of South Park.

LukeSmith

mik said:
GG. That long run by Moreno on 3rd and a foot was the killer.

For season two, can we revisit the user catch rule? If I have to stand idly by while my WR quits on a slant for 16 more games, I'll shave off all my pubes and send you all close-up candids of my razor-burned scrotum.

Get ready for scrotum burn shots boyos

Ramirez

mik said:

No way, the can of worms you open up with allowing people to cheese with their WRs is not worth it.

Smokey, can you stream your game, I'm bored and want to watch. :p

DCX

DCX
Lol see u next season Bird. I just want to point out the two bs plays that went against me. Did u see what I saw?

First play a fumble..you challenge it gets overruled and they place the ball on the 23 not third and ten.

Same things happens again where clearly didn't have the catch and they placed the ball at the 1??

Hilarious. Going to try to find the plays and upload them.

DCX

eznark said:
I'm awful at the game. I don't give a shit about optimizing my draft pick or tanking to pick first. It makes zero difference to me, because no matter who I draft I will make them bad. I play in the league so that I am guaranteed 30+ competitive, fun games each time EA shits out a Madden. It's super fucking annoying to waste an hour of my day playing a game in which the other person is losing on purpose to move up five spots in an imaginary draft or to be cute or because you were embarrassed I was up 10-0 early.

It's fucking horseshit.

I won't tank on you, friend. I'm going to have Mikel Leshoure take a steamy dump in Lambeau after every TD he scores (like 6-8 of them).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow.

Assumptions:

I lose to Levious

Nightz loses to Rors

Crow beats Daw

Luke loses one of his last two remaining

All of us would be 10-6 looking for the wildcard. I love being a Bengal.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Wow.

Assumptions:

I lose to Levious

Nightz loses to Rors

Crow beats Daw

Luke loses one of his last two remaining

All of us would be 10-6 looking for the wildcard. I love being a Bengal.

You definitely have the easiest road out of those scenarios, but you've never beat Levious, have you?

Birdman02

DCX said:
Lol see u next season Bird. I just want to point out the two bs plays that went against me. Did u see what I saw?

First play a fumble..you challenge it gets overruled and they place the ball on the 23 not third and ten.

Same things happens again where clearly didn't have the catch and they placed the ball at the 1??

Hilarious. Going to try to find the plays and upload them.

DCX

GG man. A little home cooking from the refs helped early.

I challenged the 1st play cause I thought it was incomplete. Watching the replay, I guess they said his elbow was down, but it clearly was not. The highlight description actually says "Fumble recovered by C. Ingram", so I don't know what happened there.

I was questioning the 2nd play, but I think it was actually a catch. It looks to me like he gets 1 foot down as soon as he caught the ball. His 3rd step was out of bounds, but I think they actually got that one right.

Was gonna save the replays, but I thought people were saying uploading highlights were screwing up the site.

eznark

Banned
goldlion054 said:
I won't tank on you, friend. I'm going to have Mikel Leshoure take a steamy dump in Lambeau after every TD he scores (like 6-8 of them).

Tramon Williams broke his ribs in the last game. You should pass. Seriously, no need to run. Ever. And I'm not saying that because I was completely unable to stop LeShoure.

Birdman02

Albatross said:
Originally Posted by The Albatross:
NFC Wild Card Picture:

Cardinals (8-6) GB: 0
Saints (7-7) GB: 1.0
Panthers (7-7) GB: 1.0
Bears (6-8): GB: 2.0
Lions (6-9) GB: 2.5
The Lions are out of the playoffs with their last loss.
The Vikings clinched their division with their last win.
For the Bears to get in, they would need the Cardinals, Saints, and Panthers to lose out, and the Bears to win out, and then hope that tie breakers fall in their favor with a four way tie, which I am unable to calculator.
For the Panthers to get in, they need to win out (beating the Saints), and have the Cardinals lose out, because the Cards hold a versus tie breaker with the Panthers, so if both finished 9-7, the Cardinals would have the edge.
For the Saints to get in, they would need to win out (beating the Panthers) and the Cardinals to lose out.
For the Cards, if the Cards win one game then they've clinched the last Wild Card spot over the Panthers, effectively eliminating the Panthers from the playoffs with one win (because the Cards hold the versus tie breaker over the Panthers). The Saints are slightly more complex -- if the Saints win out, and the Cards go 1 and 1, then both the Cards and Saints will have identical 9-7 records; they will also have identical 6-6 NFC records, which would then push to common games; Cards are 1 - 0 against the Panthers, Saints are 1 - 1 against the Panthers (assuming a win); We both went 1.00 against the Rams (me, 2 - 0, Saints 1 - 0), so Cards still have a 3 - 0 to 2 - 1; We both lost to the Vikings so, Cards 3 - 1; Saints 2 - 2. But Against the Giants, I lost, so we're both 3 - 2 against common opponents.

We're tied for Conference.
In division, I'd be 3 & 3 (Assuming I beat Seattle to go 9-7). Assuming Saints Win out, they'd be 3 - 3 in division as well.

TO THE 5th tie breaker: Strength of Victory (I assume this means point differential in wins).
Cardinals Strength of Victory: 94 points
Saints Strength of Victory: 53 points.

If my calculations are correct, if the Cardinals and Saints both go 9 - 7, The Cardinals would have the tie breaker on the Strength of Victory tie breaker, unless the Saints win their final two games by a combined 42 points.

So, in short, Cards are the favorite for the Wild Card. If the Cards lose out, and the Saints & Panthers both win in Week 16, then the Saints & Panthers would be playing for the final Wild Card spot in Week 17. If the Cardinals win a game, they've clinched assuming EA has their tie breakers together.

31-0 gives me a chance if Seattle can pull the upset...unlikely though since bluemax is probably tanking.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
i got the replay of the fumble lol uploading to Youtube. The second play was iffy too..it was one of those perfect storm games. i just knew nothing would work for me and everything would for you :/ GG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHPRkReADk&feature=feedu

It's live :/ i really do fucking hate this game

DCX

Thats not that bad. If anything he got a free couple of yards and a first down. In 99% of cases that would have just been an incomplete pass. Too quick to be a fumble

eznark said:
Tramon Williams broke his ribs in the last game. You should pass. Seriously, no need to run. Ever. And I'm not saying that because I was completely unable to stop LeShoure.

Then how does Leshoure get the rushing title? Plus, I'm probably the worst passer in this league. You could put BJ Raji in coverage and I would throw a pick his way

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Thats not that bad. If anything he got a free couple of yards and a first down. In 99% of cases that would have just been an incomplete pass. Too quick to be a fumble
This 100000%

I assume he challenged if he recovered his own fumble and not my player but i didn't know i was going to get fucked in the ass with the challenge being a reception of dropped pass which in this case it clearly was a reception ....i can lose 100 games but seeing this shit is just salt down my cock

DCX

Birdman02

It was 7-0 at the time, so it could've been a huge momentum shift. I was content to run 3 times and kick a FG, but a gaping hole opened up on 3rd down.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
It was 7-0 at the time, so it could've been a huge momentum shift. I was content to run 3 times and kick a FG, but a gaping hole opened up on 3rd down.
yea it deflated me..i think i threw a pick my next drive.. not saying bird didn't house me, he did.

I couldnt stop Ingram.

I have another question. How is tackles recorded in this game? Gholston, Lofton and Mario were involved in alot of tackles. Some Gus said on the play by play " Ingram with a gain of 3, tackled by Mario Williams " Check stats, he has zero tackles but 7 assists. Yet he had a tck for loss in the stats too.

Ugh, this game has been such a clusterfuck lol

DCX

Top Bottom